I'm seriously thinking of watching NASCAR this year....

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

I'm seriously thinking of watching NASCAR this year....

Post by Cueball »

Not at all into the whole watching every lap of every race, but each year I find myself watching more of the 500. This year, not only was I tuned into the whole race, I had the PIP working with the INCAR channels on one side and the Fox broadcast on the other. Not to mention the surround sound pumpin and HD feed on a 46" screen, which was this year's excuse for tuning in.(the wife went out too 8) )

Part of the reason it's taken so long was that I have seen a race in person and didn't care for the raceday expirience. It was Dover, June '88, Bud 500. I was 16 and went down with my Dad and brother. We get there on Friday and camped out. Saturday morning rolls around as we start cookin up some breakfast, I'm using the beer cooler as a seat. Dad tells me to toss him one cause it's 12:00 somewhere and tells offers one to me, I'm 16 what the hell do you think I'm gonna do? That began carte blanche and the beginning of the end. The sponsored "Bud Blast" was that evening and I was enjoying my own version during the day. I'd say over the 12- 14 hour period before I dropped for the night, I had drunk over a case of those fuckers.

Sunday morning, RACEDAY, I'm hungover like a summbitch and have to sit in the corner of turn 1 for 500 miles of
Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroooooooooommm Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroooooooooommm Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroooooooooommm
Dad was an Elliott and all things Ford fan, so it was a good day for him, but I could give a flyin fuck, my head hurt.

So, I guess the point of all this is, if I'm going to follow this year I'm going to need someone to back. I hate Gordon, so that's easy. I don't have a make preference, nor would I know the difference. Dale Jr would be the easy choice because that's what the media feeds the general public, but like the attiutude that Stewart has also. Kenseth catches my eye also.

Any suggestions?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I'm pro Gordon because I'm pro literacy. That and Gordon was the first driver from outside the Deep South to dominate. Now there are plenty of guys from all over the country who run Cup races. But back when Gordon first started out, he was definitely the outsider. And he didn’t just come in and compete. He came in and kicked #3’s ASS.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Cue, go with a young guy with great upside. You can cheer for him for a long time.

Like me,

Go with #9. The Future
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Jeff Gordon couldn't hold #3's jock....BTW, BIG surprise that BSmack is a "Rainbow Warrior" fan. :roll:
Serious question, who won more Cup titles in the years #24 and #3 raced against one another?

While I'm not a fan of either #3 or #24, they both race in their own way and they are both pretty damn successful in doing so. It will be interesting to see if #24 can win as many Cup Championships as #3 did. I am sure it would piss many people off.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
BSmack wrote:I'm pro Gordon because I'm pro literacy. That and Gordon was the first driver from outside the Deep South to dominate. Now there are plenty of guys from all over the country who run Cup races. But back when Gordon first started out, he was definitely the outsider. And he didn’t just come in and compete. He came in and kicked #3’s ASS.
Jeff Gordon couldn't hold #3's jock....BTW, BIG surprise that BSmack is a "Rainbow Warrior" fan. :roll:
Typical Earnhardt fan, living in the state of Denial.

Gordon and Earhardt head to head

Gordon- 4 Cup titles and 2 Daytona 500 win

Earnhardt- 2 Cup titles and 1 Daytona win

And I'm sure you don't want to know who won more races during that time span. ;)

Need I say more? Not really, but I will. You see, I like Jeff Gordon because he pisses off ignorant, retarded, inbred fucks like YOU. Thank you for providing yet another demonstration.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

I wonder what Earhardt was doing in his career when The California Faggot was in Jr High?

Ponderous
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:I wonder what Earhardt was doing in his career when The California Faggot was in Jr High?
Racing against lesser competition.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BSmack wrote:
rozy wrote:I wonder what Earhardt was doing in his career when The California Faggot was in Jr High?
Yeah, that had to be it.

So in the last 6 years, against equivalent competition, Gordon has won 1 championship. The same number as D.J., Bobby, Tony, Matt, and Krackhead. In the last 3 years he is nowhere close to the number of wins as 97, 12, and 48.

Earnhardt could do things on the racetrack that ONLY Tony Stewart and Jr. can even hope to emulate at this point.

Gordon is a great driver who has had outstanding machinery.

Earnhardt could hop in Kyle Petty's ride and find a way to win.

That is what separates him.

And I will never be accused of being an Earnhardt fan. Just being objective.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Yeah, that had to be it.
It was. Or did you not notice the HUGE influx of sponsor money that poured into NASCAR once sponsors realized that they could tap a driver with a working knowledge of the English language?
So in the last 6 years, against equivalent competition, Gordon has won 1 championship. The same number as D.J., Bobby, Tony, Matt, and Krackhead. In the last 3 years he is nowhere close to the number of wins as 97, 12, and 48.
He's had some downtime. You might have noticed that last year the 24 had 5 wins. Yep, 5 wins and that was nowhere near a career year for the 24. This year you can make book that Gordon will have at least 6 wins and maybe as high as 8. He's adapted to the changing landscape.
Earnhardt could do things on the racetrack that ONLY Tony Stewart and Jr. can even hope to emulate at this point.
Like WHAT? Get to the finish line behind the 24? I guess that's something to talk about.
Gordon is a great driver who has had outstanding machinery.

Earnhardt could hop in Kyle Petty's ride and find a way to win.

And I will never be accused of being an Earnhardt fan. Just being objective.
So you gonna tell me that Big E didn't have the best of EVERYTHING? Give me a fucking break. Wether or not Big E could hop into some scubs ride and find a way to win is fucking irrelevant because he didn't ever do it.

BTW: What was #3s record in road races?

:P

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BSmack wrote:BTW: What was #3s record in road races?

:lol: You're bright enough to see the myriad of fallacies in your post. This part did make me smile.

None of which, including the road course argument, detracts from the fact that Tony Stewart is the most talented race car driver on planet earth right now. AND, Gordon will never be what #3 was.

If the best you can come up with is literacy, your argument is doomed to begin with.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:
BSmack wrote:BTW: What was #3s record in road races?

:lol: You're bright enough to see the myriad of fallacies in your post. This part did make me smile.
It damn sure made the #3 haters in my neck of the woods smile. Every time he ate a wall at Watkins Glen that is.
None of which, including the road course argument, detracts from the fact that Tony Stewart is the most talented race car driver on planet earth right now. AND, Gordon will never be what #3 was.

If the best you can come up with is literacy, your argument is doomed to begin with.
Tony Stewart may be the "best driver", but he is also the most emotionaly unstable driver on the planet earth. Which is why Stewart will be lucky to achive half the success Gordon has.

And no, literacy doesn't make Gordon a better driver than Big E, it just made him more accessable to the sponsors. Which in turn gave NASCAR a face that could be marketed beyond the trailer parks and Elvis worshippers. Which is why the level of competition in NASCAR is so much stronger than it was 15 years ago.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

That aspect of Gordon's influence was argued vehemently several years ago. As much as I hate to admit it now, there can be little argument that it was a very good thing.

Literacy though? Maybe in your perception. I have heard many an interview by D.J., Rusty, and Rudd over the years and I don't think the literacy argument applies. It is far more feasible that an argument based on the driver's roots (such as California rather than North Carolina) would make your point for you. Literacy is an empty argument.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

How many career wins does Stewart have in Nascar Nextel Cup? Gordon has 70

Series championships in Nascar Nextel Cup? Stewart 1 Vs Gordon 4

Yeah your argument holds water.....

24 RULES!!
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Neely8 wrote:How many career wins does Stewart have in Nascar Nextel Cup? Gordon has 70

Series championships in Nascar Nextel Cup? Stewart 1 Vs Gordon 4

Yeah your argument holds water.....

24 RULES!!
Thanks for dumbing down what was an enjoyable debate with B, dumbass.

What part of "race car driver" gave you the most trouble in understanding?

And to show you just how dumb this type of argument by you is, I could go to the dumbass card and point out to you that Gordon only has 6 wins in the Nascar Nextel Cup. But I would rather stay above that level and continue conversing with someone who can think rather than someone who probably can't figure out that I never once said that Gordon has NOT had a much more successful Nascar career than Tony has had. :lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote: Racing against lesser competition.
Total bullshit.

Don't even try to say that racing against the likes of Cale Yarborough, Bobby and Davey Allison, Buddy Baker, Darrell Waltrip, Tim Richmond, etc, etc, etc, was racing against lesser competition.
Or did you not notice the HUGE influx of sponsor money that poured into NASCAR once sponsors realized that they could tap a driver with a working knowledge of the English language?
Again, total bullshit.

The #3 ushered in the sponsor money because he was a fucking LEGEND before Jaffy ever drove a go-cart and then tried on his first pair of thong underwear.

ESPN's excellent ratings didn't hurt, either.
rozy wrote:Earnhardt could hop in Kyle Petty's ride and find a way to win.

Ok, this is becoming a habit.

rack rozy.
So you gonna tell me that Big E didn't have the best of EVERYTHING? Give me a fucking break. Wether or not Big E could hop into some scubs ride and find a way to win is fucking irrelevant because he didn't ever do it.
Umm, yes he did.

He didn't get the big sponsor money until after he hooked up with RCR and Goodwrench, 5 plus years into his career.

Before that, he was winning races and a WC championship on blood and guts alone.

Bottom line: It doesn't matter how many races or titles the #24 wins. When comparing great race car drivers and their legacy on the sport, Jaffrey Gordon's name should never be mentioned in the same breath as Dale Earnhardt.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:Bottom line: It doesn't matter how many races or titles the #24 wins. I'm still going to home for the 3 car regardless of the facts.
FTFY

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:That aspect of Gordon's influence was argued vehemently several years ago. As much as I hate to admit it now, there can be little argument that it was a very good thing.

Literacy though? Maybe in your perception. I have heard many an interview by D.J., Rusty, and Rudd over the years and I don't think the literacy argument applies. It is far more feasible that an argument based on the driver's roots (such as California rather than North Carolina) would make your point for you. Literacy is an empty argument.
Fair enough. However you want to categorize it, Gordon had it and the older, southern born drivers didn't when it came to marketing outside of NASCAR's traditional markets.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Bottom line: It doesn't matter how many races or titles the #24 wins. I'm still going to home for the 3 car regardless of the facts.
FTFY
Oh great Bri...

I shoot your argument and "facts" full of holes and the best you can do is a lameass FTFY?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:
BSmack wrote:
FTFY
Oh great Bri...

I shoot your argument and "facts" full of holes and the best you can do is a lameass FTFY?
When you close your "argument" by saying that, regardless of what Jeff Gordon does, you still won't consider him "in the same breath as Dale Earnhardt", then a lame ass FTFY is all you are worth.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Is Jimmy Spencer going to get behind the wheel this year?

You know, I don't actually have a driver I root for religiously.
And I like it that way. I really like Ryan Newman because he's
an excellent, smart driver who has his head on straight. I pretty
much love them all though. I haven't found one to hate. They're
all sizzlin' in my book.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
BSmack wrote: FTFY
Oh great Bri...

When you close your "argument" by saying that, regardless of what Jeff Gordon does, you still won't consider him "in the same breath as Dale Earnhardt", then a lame ass FTFY is all you are worth.
Ok, so if I admit that Gordon is a good driver, that changes things?

Old habits, dude.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

rack rozy

the LONG time argument is about Jeffey's "open-wheel career...and its success."

"HE" was tauted as the young open wheel genius...yet he didn't accomplish anything that accumulated in Tony Stewarts' firesuit...during their open-wheel careers.

Tony Stewart = USAC TRIPLE CROWN

Jeffy = zip

Bri'

its really NOT a Southern Thing at all.

NASCARFan saw this Cali Boy by way of Indytuckey...get force-fed down their throats under false pretenses--->THAT IS THE ANIMOSITY!

with PROPS to Jeffy...he learned VERY WELL from Ray Everenham...and has parlayed that into a VERY IMPRESSIVE Winston CUP Career; his Championships and 3 Dayton 500 VICTORYS!

BIG PROPS to Gordon!

but, DON'T think that "people who know Racing"--->will state that Jeffy is by FAR the superior Driver.

if Tony Stewart EVER gets his head straight...oh, and since parity runs RAMPANT around NASCAR now...gets some BREAKS too....

he will dominate.

you KNOW that i'm a JR honk.

Stewart IS the BEST driver in NASCAR.

as far as the #3 argument goes..."refuse to Lose" was the credo.

"WILL" vs. knowledge and equipment/talent in the later years was the battle.

#3 had a good chance to WIN in every Race it was entered...yes?

i'm losing steam....out
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

rozy wrote:Earnhardt could hop in Kyle Petty's ride and find a way to win.

if he spun out 30 in the field then maybe. I wouldn't wish a team Petty ride on anybody right about now.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Spencer has a ride in the truck series, finished 2nd this weekend, and drove to victory lane convinced he had won. The replays clearly showed Hamilton ahead by at least 1/2 length when the yellow was turned on. He had to back out of Victory Lane...bwahahahaha

He is 47 and isn't getting another Cup ride after slugging a cop when a warrant was being served for his kid's arrest for dumping paint on 2 cars. :roll:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Qbert wrote:if Tony Stewart EVER gets his head straight...oh, and since parity runs RAMPANT around NASCAR now...gets some BREAKS too....
That's the big "what if" isn't it? Stewart is a meltdown waiting to happen after every race he doesn't win. One never knows. Some guys can grow up in time. The question is will Tony Stewart have burnt all his bridges by the time he grows up? I'd say the odds right now are about 50/50.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MRCTM
Inferiority Complex

Post by MRCTM »

Stewart won't be in NASCAR long enough to set any records. He is on record saying that in 10 years he seriously doubts that NASCAR will be a priority. He will probably run a few of the bigger races in Stock cars, a few more in the open wheelers and concentrate on being a track owner (Eldora) and a car owner. That is where he wants to be...knocking it around a dirt bullring somewhere in the midwest, sounds like a hell of a retirement to me.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MRCTM wrote:Stewart won't be in NASCAR long enough to set any records. He is on record saying that in 10 years he seriously doubts that NASCAR will be a priority. He will probably run a few of the bigger races in Stock cars, a few more in the open wheelers and concentrate on being a track owner (Eldora) and a car owner. That is where he wants to be...knocking it around a dirt bullring somewhere in the midwest, sounds like a hell of a retirement to me.
You produce good takes...

Who the fuck are you, a JiT3 troll?
MRCTM
Inferiority Complex

Post by MRCTM »

Nope....not Jeff in Turn 3...or a Troll at all, I just am a master of the read more and post less tactic. Believe it or not, I have been around since late 1999 on one board or another.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I believe it.

So please do explain the moniker.

I like to know whom I'm talking to.

Mine is self evident.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Tony Stewart races near Fresno, CA about twice a year for fun. Harsh told me about this. He just loves to race anything.

He doesn't have time to qualify so he just starts at the back of the pack and races for fun.

Jason Leffler comes up there also.

Nice to know BSmack likes Jeff Gordon. Jeff was born about a half hour of Fresno in a town called Hanford, CA. Too bad he moved to Indiana and got an accent.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

MRCTM

i'm hopeful about Tony Stewart now owning Eldora.

i HOPE that he keeps as much of the EARL Baltas Family on Staff or advising....as possible.

ELDORA is AWESOME.<----period

Eldora can only be screwed up...if Tony's peeps change things.

example:

fatass--->you can't take beer in (state law)>>>what's in your cooler?

...opens it....sammitches, ice and a couple of cans....

NOT!!!!

Cooler is FULL.

PLUS--->Eldora has a full service Bar. Drinks are normal price, beers are just like going to your corner bar as well. SHOTS are another story--->not only are they CHEAP< they are BIG!

i hope Tony doesn't screw this up.

the FOOD is even better than the Booze.

all homemade...country women and HS kids workin' their Asses OFF to get the drunkards their Pizza Burger and Fries!

final thought--->my WIFE wants to go BACK to ELDORA.--->Tony had better not fuck it up.

L8
MRCTM
Inferiority Complex

Post by MRCTM »

Atomic Punk wrote:Tony Stewart races near Fresno, CA about twice a year for fun. Harsh told me about this. He just loves to race anything.

He doesn't have time to qualify so he just starts at the back of the pack and races for fun.

Jason Leffler comes up there also.

Nice to know BSmack likes Jeff Gordon. Jeff was born about a half hour of Fresno in a town called Hanford, CA. Too bad he moved to Indiana and got an accent.
AP, Those cars are co-owned by Tony Stewart and the owner of Madera speedway, Rick Gerhardt. Their is also a #60 car with the same paint scheme. The team, Western Speed Racing is a dominant force in the Western States USAC Sprints. A driver from my home track here in Boise just signed a deal with Gearhardt for the upcoming season, his name is Mike Murgoitio (Sp?) look for this young wheelman to make it BIG, I am talking Nextel Cup big.

Wags...MRCTM is just a few initials I inherited when I was a pitcher in high school, about 150 years ago. I don't want to go Al Bundy on you, so I will stop at that.

Edit for qbert:

Tony announced that his intentions were to keep Eldora the way it was when Earl owned it, in fact the Baltas family is to be fully involved with the day to day operation of the track as Stewart will be on the road winning his second Nextel Cup during the season.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Yeah, Madera raceway is about 20 minutes from my old pad in Clovis where Harsh and Y2K are from. My old neighbor used to race in that circuit as a hobby since he was a CHP officer. I used to go there and watch him.

Now you have Tony Stewart and Jason racing there? Then that other guy?

Harsh went to the Napa 150 last year and got me a Napa hat and a Michael Waltrip 1:48th car since he knew I was a #15 guy.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.