2007/2011 JFFL champ

Barkley vs. Bavetta

Post by ChargerMike »

...missed it, who won?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Barkley, easily

Bevetta did a Pete Rose head first slide to the finish line.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

IndyFrisco wrote:Barkley, easily

Bevetta did a Pete Rose head first slide to the finish line.

Thanks IndyF...I guess Barkley backed up his smack!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

he actually backpedaled the last 20 yards or so.

Bevetta looks like he was running in slow motion. Barkley was laughing the whole time. Bevetta had a poker face while running. Dude actually thought he could win.

I didn't catch it live, but SC had the recap.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

One thing it reminded me of as a kid. When I was in 8th grade, we were out at football practice. The assistant coach was yelling at us for being slow ass pussies. He was kinda fat, probably about 275. He played OL in college somewhere at a small school.

Anyhow, the fastest guy on our team, Nick, said we weren't as slow as him. Coach jus screamed at Nick, "Oh yeah! I can beat your ass in a 100 yard dash! Tell ya what, you beat me in the 100 and you guys can all go home. I beat you and the team runs ten 100s and you run 10 more."

Coach beat him by at least 10 feet. We fucking did 1000 yards of wind sprints. Nick did 2000.

Nick died when he was 19. Got murdered and dropped in the woods. Found by a hiker. Nick was my best friend in Jr. High. He fell in with the wrong crowd in high school so I quit hanging around him. He never could keep his piehole shut and that's probably what gave him a dirt nap.

Long story short, "athletes" are a special breed. Even a 275 lb. never was who was good enough to ball in college is an "athlete". To this day, I never question a tru athlete's abilities.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

^^^^^^^^ right on, There was no doubt in my mind I would be a Major League Baseball player. Had two tryouts (Phillies and Pirates) At both camps the first thing they did was a forty yard dash. I'm thinking...I'm not going out for track! I was not fleet a foot, and needless to say never got a sniff. A huge shock to someone who had starred from little league through high school. There are no slow guys in pro sports...well maybe a few.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

After the race, Bavetta's knee bleeding profusely, and they didn't even mention it...musta been the Coumadin...
E UNUM PLURIBUS