This kid is a ton of fun to watch...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I saw him play against Stratford in the playoffs this past year. He doesn't look all that strong or fast but man can he play. Stratford has a kid named Oliver Luck. That kid will be one of the top QB's coming out in 2008.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I watched McGuffie's highlights a couple months ago and they are sick. The one where he totally leap frogs that guy is unreal. If I am not mistaken, he is playing against 5A competition so his numbers werent put up against creampuffs?
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Cicero wrote:I watched McGuffie's highlights a couple months ago and they are sick. The one where he totally leap frogs that guy is unreal. If I am not mistaken, he is playing against 5A competition so his numbers werent put up against creampuffs?
He plays 5A. He is also in a really tough district. He had a great run during the playoffs. I haven't heard where he is looking to go to college.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Harvdog wrote:
Cicero wrote:I watched McGuffie's highlights a couple months ago and they are sick. The one where he totally leap frogs that guy is unreal. If I am not mistaken, he is playing against 5A competition so his numbers werent put up against creampuffs?
He plays 5A. He is also in a really tough district. He had a great run during the playoffs. I haven't heard where he is looking to go to college.
Rumor right now is that the great white hope is looking at UofM
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Harvdog wrote:Stratford has a kid named Oliver Luck. That kid will be one of the top QB's coming out in 2008.
I could be wrong about this, but . . .

I seem to recall a QB at Iowa circa early 1980's named Oliver Luck. IIRC, he went on to play a few years in the NFL as a backup with the Oilers. Is that his father?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Harvdog wrote:Stratford has a kid named Oliver Luck. That kid will be one of the top QB's coming out in 2008.

I seem to recall a QB at Iowa circa early 1980's named Oliver Luck. IIRC, he went on to play a few years in the NFL as a backup with the Oilers. Is that his father?
\

Yes. That is him. His dad did play for the Oilers. I think that he is looking to go out of state. I hear he likes Nebraska, Stanford, and West Virginia.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Harvdog wrote:

\

Yes. That is him. His dad did play for the Oilers. I think that he is looking to go out of state. I hear he likes Nebraska, Stanford, and West Virginia.

Actually, Tedford is good friends with his dad (Oliver) and Tedford was down in Houston last year talking to him and watching Andrew play one weekend.

So you never know... but Tedford did just get one of Texas' top qb's this year (Brock Mansion).
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

O Luck Sr played his college ball at W. Virginia. I recall he was pretty good and had W Virginia 11-1 one year.....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Snake wrote:O Luck Sr played his college ball at W. Virginia. I recall he was pretty good and had W Virginia 11-1 one year.....
i remember Oliver Luck. that makes me feel old, jesus.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

looks like McGuffie has 7 schools on his list but only 4 have made offers, he has been sending his tapes to USC but the Trojans have only offered Darrell Scott thus far. Some people have said that McGuffie is a "me me" player but at 16 and with all the Youtube videos of the kid, how do you blame him

This is from his Interview
"USC's looking at my tape right now as we speak," said the Cy-Fair High School running back, who is ranked by Scout.com as the nation's No. 42 prospect. "I want an offer from them so bad. I really like Coach (Ken) Norton. He's a cool dude. He went to UCLA and his dad was a professional boxer. We text each other all the time.

"Great running backs come from USC," McGuffie said. "I've been compared to Reggie Bush before and that's a big deal. I'm going to take a trip there at the beginning of the season hopefully. An offer from SC would be huge. I would definitely be tempted to commit.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=73#S=73

the music is inappropriate for work
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

McGuffie is a talent. He's confident if not cocky, but I see him going to A&M or LSU.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

that will be ok if USC gets Darrell Scott
Killian

Post by Killian »

Believe the Heupel wrote:McGuffie and Shugarts may be a bit of a package deal, and that leads me to believe the same on A&M or LSU. Shugarts is very tempted by the prospect of playing with Good, Mitchell, and Habern at OU, but OU is pretty full up on RBs in this class (with Johnson and Calhoun) and seems to be the leader on Bryce Brown and David Oku for next year.
I wouldn't count out UofM, either. Both have their eye on them as well.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I like OU. I don't like Texas. I felt like I needed to try to add something to this thread, but, unless you can dribble the ball, with your hands, and shoot it through a 10' tall net, I don't follow much recruiting anymore. Maybe I'm lame. I have an ESPN Insider account and free time. Maybe I should follow... fuck it. I'll be back in an hour with something worthwhile to add to this thread.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Nope. I still got nothin'.

the_ouskull
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I wouldnt take ESPN's wprd from it when it comes to Recruiting. I would trust Rivals or Scout.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

that will be ok if USC gets Darrell Scott
I spoke with some of Darrell's coaches and he's got academic issues......oh wait, then he'll get into condom U without any problems. Granted with 10 tailbacks already there why would he commit?
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Or maybe he'll be really impressed with not having to go to class, and not having to worry about raping women, and not owning the police....oh wait, they do own the police....sorry. :meds:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

or he can get a handicapped parking permit so he wont have to walk as far to class, or he can get in a car crash and then run away on foot leaving the others in the crash there to die or maybe he can get an SUV to drive around for months and months then he can get a bunch of DUI's
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

or he can get a handicapped parking permit so he wont have to walk as far to class, or he can get in a car crash and then run away on foot leaving the others in the crash there to die or maybe he can get an SUV to drive around for months and months then he can get a bunch of DUI's
Hey if they're parking their cars there and going to class at least they're going to class. Then again helping drunk women into bed, having a pharmacy in your room, being accused of rape, miraculously becoming eligible, then not eligible etc.....taking stellar academic classes such as ballroom dance, living for free, getting houses, owning the police etc.....sure......sperm recepticle U is innocent......
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

I certainly hope McGuffie and Shugarts aren't a package deal. I don't think Oklahoma has much chance getting McGuffie but I'm very hopeful that Shugarts will wind up a Sooner.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

King Crimson wrote:
Snake wrote:O Luck Sr played his college ball at W. Virginia. I recall he was pretty good and had W Virginia 11-1 one year.....
Oliver Luck? Is it Andrew Luck?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Frank Beamer's growth wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Oliver Luck? Is it Andrew Luck?
http://www.wvu.edu/~sports/hall_fame/oliver_luck.htm

his successor, Jeff Hostedler led Don Nehlan's WVU squad to a win in Norman in 81 (i think), i was there as a wee pup. as i was when some freshman from Stanford named John Elway beat OU at Owen Field in the rain.

edit: the WVU win in Norman was 82, and it's Nehlen. 80 was the year Elway beat OU. that Sooner team went on to finish #5 and beat FSU in a great game in the Orange Bowl. War Steve Rhodes and Forrest Valora. fuck, i'm prolly the only old timey Sooner on here who remembers that shit or even watched it.

http://soonerstats.com/football/seasons ... sonID=1982
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

amazingly, looking at this 80 season:

http://soonerstats.com/football/seasons ... sonid=1980

OU is ranked #4 going into the Orange Bowl, beats #2, unbeaten FSU and finishes #5? wtf?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Looks to me like they played a one-loss, 2nd-ranked FSU, beat them by one point, and finished #3. Not the easiest chart to read, but then, it was probably laid out by a Sooner.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Goober McTuber wrote:Looks to me like they played a one-loss, 2nd-ranked FSU, beat them by one point, and finished #3. Not the easiest chart to read, but then, it was probably laid out by a Sooner.
yer right. i dumbfucked it up. blame me, not the site.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Well, it is a little more than a ”simple season schedule”. But I didn’t say it was hard to read, just not the easiest. It just could have been laid out/labeled a little better. It almost appears that four different values are jammed together under one heading (Game OU/Opp). Hell, it fooled one of your own.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Nah, he went to Vandy. ;)
I laughed.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

actually, i was drunk. that one's all on me.

soonerstats.com is a great site sober *or* right royally piss drunk Sooners are very lucky to have as a resource--. most schools don't have anything comparable.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Bump.

I'm going to the Cy-Falls (5A Division II runner-up) vs. Cy Fair (Sam McGuffie) game this fall. I cannot wait to see that game. Should be good.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cicero wrote:I wouldnt take ESPN's wprd from it when it comes to Recruiting. I would trust Rivals or Scout.
I think their recruiting coverage is about to get a lot better with their partnerships with OUInsider, WeAreSC, Bucknuts, and GatorCountry. ESPN may be the wave of the future in recruiting.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Killian

Post by Killian »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Cicero wrote:I wouldnt take ESPN's wprd from it when it comes to Recruiting. I would trust Rivals or Scout.
I think their recruiting coverage is about to get a lot better with their partnerships with OUInsider, WeAreSC, Bucknuts, and GatorCountry. ESPN may be the wave of the future in recruiting.
IrishEyes may be joining them as well.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Michigan lands Sam..............

It's official: McGuffie to Michigan!
Posted by Chris Burke July 29, 2007 23:32PM
Categories: Breaking News, U-M Football
UPDATE (12:12 AM): Click2Houston.com, the website for Houston's NBC station has a link to McGuffie's announcement if you want to watch.

The wait is over. Heavily hyped running back Sam McGuffie from Cy-Fair High in Texas has made his decision, and will be a Wolverine.

He announced tonight on Houston's local NBC affiliate during the "Sports Sunday" broadcast. McGuffie placed five hats on a table - Michigan, Florida, USC, Texas A&M and Notre Dame - but conventional wisdom had it down to Michigan and A&M.

"I went to the University of Michigan a couple of weeks ago and I feel in love with it," McGuffie said during the broadcast. "It's just a place where I can come in as a freshman and be an impact player."

More to come...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I guess USC cant get every RB they want every season.
As long as the Trojans get Darrell Scott

wait til Sam's there when its snowing
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Jesus' tits, you're old. :D

I still didn't add anything to this thread...

the_ouskull
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BUMP

A little late to mention this but McGuffie is on the Deuce right now. With the USF-Rutgers game and the ALCS going on, it's probably not getting a lot of viewers but I've caught bits and pieces of the second half. McGuffie has about 150 yards and just scored a TD. Cy Falls leads Cy Fair (McGuffie's team) late in the 4th.