Junior lays his cards on the table

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

It ain't Teresa's fault. It's senior's.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

More like Jr. just wiped out half of the field at the end of the Shootout. Nice job!
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Junior lays his cards on the table

Post by War Wagon »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote: Fucking-A right, Junior. DEI IS Dale Earnhardt Jr., and if Teresa doesn't accomodate his demands then seeing Junior driving the #3 Goodwrench car for Richard Childress in 2008 will be all but a done deal. Frankly she doesn't have any choice but to hook Junior up here.
Actually, she does have a choice. She owns the team, and rightfully so. Dale loved Teresa, and a man should always take care of his wife 1st.

Here's what I think is going to happen.

Jr. will drive the ressurected #3 car next year for RCR, and yes, Goodwrench will come back as the primary sponsor. It's a no brainer. They'll make money hand over fist, and NASCAR fans will be ecstatic.

Harvick will move to DEI and drive the #8 Budweiser car. There ain't room for both of those guys on the same team.

Fair trade. Harvick is the better driver, and RCR is the better team.

Eventually, Jr. either has his own team racing in the Cup series, or he buys out RCR.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

What is with Teresa not getting along with Jr.? She does need to agree with his demands. Can't families just get along??? She also deserves to be well taken care of. Can't she still be well taken care of with a lessor percentage?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

trev wrote:She does need to agree with his demands.
Why?

The demands are unreasonable. She owns 100% of the team. Why in hell would she just be expected to give up controlling interest? She shouldn't, and she won't.

Frankly, I think Jr. knows that and also knows that Teresa won't budge. This is all just a ruse on Jr's part to give him a plausible excuse to bolt to RCR and the #3 car that's been reserved for him when the time is right. The time is right after this year.

The only reason that this charade is even playing out is the big time sponsor dollars that Budweiser has tied up in Jr. It's not easy to walk away from that.

And as for Jr. and Teresa not getting along, I'm not buying that. This is strictly business.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Well of course that is a possibility. Jr. is Budweisers poster boy/golden child, and they'll fight tooth and nail to keep him. But the problem there (purely from a personal preference) is that the #3 car HAS to be black, and I don't know that Budweiser would look good in black.

I think it would be more appropriate for Goodwrench to up the $20 mil or so it will take to sponsor that ride, and I think they will.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

War Wagon wrote:
trev wrote:She does need to agree with his demands.
Why?
Because Jr. is calling the shots. She either pacifies him or he walks.
Al Swearengen
Crack Whore

Post by Al Swearengen »

I wonder what you guys will think when Jr. takes over Yates next year and runs the Bud 88 Ford?
"I'd rather reach for the moon than figure a Whore's thinking"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jr. drive a Ford? :lol:

You must be on drugs.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

War Wagon wrote:Jr. drive a Ford? :lol:

You must be on drugs.
No one thought a Jap auto maker would be in the series either :wink: