According to Fox Sports Radio...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

The Assassin
Raider Fan

According to Fox Sports Radio...

Post by The Assassin »

JAMES LOFTON will be named the new coach of the OAKLAND RAIDERS tomorrow.

Reaction Raider fans?

I like the hire only because he has a coaching background, he is still young enough to be able to reach the players and was solid in his handling of the Chargers WR core.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

An ex member of those whiny dripping Charger Vag's?????????
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

trev wrote:An ex member of those whiny dripping Charger Vag's?????????

He wasn't the one deciding to go for it on 4th and 11. :wink:
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Good hire.

Not only was he a Raidah, he was a great WR in his day.

Maybe that will translate into Moss being happy enough to catch a ball.

:roll:

Lofton has always been well regarded for his sharp offensive mind and how personable he is. He also has experience in making it to the super bowl twice with the Bills as a key part of that offense-that alone makes him far too good to be on the Chargettes.

RACK the move.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Raydah James wrote:Good hire.

Not only was he a Raidah, he was a great WR in his day.

Maybe that will translate into Moss being happy enough to catch a ball.

:roll:

Lofton has always been well regarded for his sharp offensive mind and how personable he is. He also has experience in making it to the super bowl twice with the Bills as a key part of that offense-that alone makes him far too good to be on the Chargettes.

would you agree Al had him in mind and was just waiting for the season to end? He interviewed last season as well and made a strong impression on Al. He brings enthusiasm and youth which Art lacked in everyway. I wont call Super Bowl but I will say the Raiders are on the way up.

RACK the move.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

The Assassin wrote: would you agree Al had him in mind and was just waiting for the season to end?
Without a doubt. Its obvious he used Sark as a distraction to what his true goal really was. Sark will probably be the O-Coordinator.

He interviewed last season as well and made a strong impression on Al. He brings enthusiasm and youth which Art lacked in everyway. I wont call Super Bowl but I will say the Raiders are on the way up.
He's one of those mysterious "why hasnt he been hired?" guys. His reputation for being a strong offensive mind is excellent.

Good hire.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Hold on a minute...according to 680 KNBR The Raiders HAVENT hired Lofton. Ok I dunno what the fuck is going on. I guess Grandpa Al is still waiting for Madden to answer his calls.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

EggHead Clayton said the same thing on Sportscenter too.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Qbert wrote:EggHead Clayton said the same thing on Sportscenter too.

JT the Prick just admitted that reports were not true and there is no deal.

BWAAHHA on his part. you could hear the cockiness in his voice as he announced the lofton news at the beggining of his show as if he had some exclusive news. "I'm the first to break this news" said he. Why the Raiders employ this dunce is beyond me. Same goes for Fox.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

i like Jt the Dick, I just wish he would get on a station that can be heard in akron, 850am in cleveland just doesnt cut it. 50thousand watts gets cut off at 8pm every night. fuckers! I was seriously pissed when 1350 Fox sports radio sold out to liberal talk radio. Christ!
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

The first of many decliners....

Dennis Green, the proverbial coaching slump buster, has declined :shock: :shock: a chance to interview with the Raiders according to ESPN. What level of hell have you reached when Green won't even return your calls? The Raiders are like that dude at the bar who judges chicks by the number of Long Island Ice-Teas it would take to be with her. Meanwhile the girls wouldn't even touch them if they were on heroin.

The list of Raiders coaching candidates are down to Steve Sarkisian and James Lofton. And looking at the bang-up job Lofton did with the Chargers receivers, he would make the perfect Raiders coach.

"Raider Hater"
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

ChargerMike wrote:The first of many decliners....

Dennis Green, the proverbial coaching slump buster, has declined :shock: :shock: a chance to interview with the Raiders according to ESPN. What level of hell have you reached when Green won't even return your calls? The Raiders are like that dude at the bar who judges chicks by the number of Long Island Ice-Teas it would take to be with her. Meanwhile the girls wouldn't even touch them if they were on heroin.

The list of Raiders coaching candidates are down to Steve Sarkisian and James Lofton. And looking at the bang-up job Lofton did with the Chargers receivers, he would make the perfect Raiders coach.

"Raider Hater"
As if Bolttard already hasnt been exposed enough for being a collective bunch of fucking morons, this comes out.

I'll let ProFootballTalk finish this one:

DENNY REFUSES TO INTERVIEW FOR RAIDERS JOB

Despite published reports that former Vikings and Cardinals coach Denny Green would interview on Tuesday for the head-coaching vacancy in Oakland, Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com reports that Green declined to sit for the job.

But it's not that Green isn't interested in the job. Instead, he thinks that owner Al Davis knows him well enough to offer him the gig without an interview.

Excellent job as usual, Dumbfuck.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

RaiduhJames quipped:

"Excellent job as usual, Dumbfuck."

..we all know reading comprehension is not your forte' James...the "Raider Hater" down under should have clued you, but of course it didn't. Let me make it easy for ya
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

ChargerMike wrote:RaiduhJames quipped:

"Excellent job as usual, Dumbfuck."

..we all know reading comprehension is not your forte' James...the "Raider Hater" down under should have clued you, but of course it didn't. Let me make it easy for ya
What.

A.

Dumbfuck.

Big difference here: The hater nation is run by a Chargette cocksmoking pussy who refuses to give up his identity in fear of getting shanked and shot, and ProfootballTalk is a reputable unbiased site that has sources on the inside circles of the NFL and simply reports NFL news.

I'd tell you to stop while your behind, but Chargerfan Melting will Never get old.

[marq=left] BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA![/marq]
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

ProfootballTalk is a reputable unbiased site
Sure, just ask Cardinal fan who thought for almost a day that Mike Sherman was the new HC there because PFT "broke" that rumor, and then PFT embarrassed themselves by trying to backpedal out of it.

It isn't the first time PFT fucked up either.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

drummer wrote:
Sure, just ask Cardinal fan who thought for almost a day that Mike Sherman was the new HC there because PFT "broke" that rumor, and then PFT embarrassed themselves by trying to backpedal out of it.

And what do you think of the unbiased "Hater Nation"?

drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Raydah James wrote:
drummer wrote:

And what do you think of the unbiased "Hater Nation"?

I don't read it, because it isn't a relevant news site, so I dunno much about it, outside of what C-Mike pastes here.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

drummer wrote:
I don't read it, because it isn't a relevant news site,
The defense rests.

:lol:
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Raydah James wrote:
drummer wrote:
The defense rests.

But, didn't PFT fuck up by posting an erroneous report, regarding Lombardi and The Raiders?

PFT has thrown a bit of shit against the wall, hoping it would stick.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Raydah James wrote:
drummer wrote:
The defense rests.

Looked to me like you were prosecuting a case James. But then again, I'm sure you're not the only RaiderFan who answers to "defendant" and/or the "accused" more often than not.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

drummer wrote:

Well, they did OFFER the job to Sherman. Why I have no fucking idea. But they did make an offer to Sherman.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BSmack wrote:
drummer wrote:

Well, they did OFFER the job to Sherman. Why I have no fucking idea. But they did make an offer to Sherman.
Funny stuff from PFT :
POSTED 12:39 p.m. EST; UPDATED 12:54 p.m. EST, January 11, 2007

SHERMAN GETS THE CARDINALS JOB

Multiple league sources tell us that the Arizona Cardinals have selected Texans assistant Mike Sherman to be their next head coach. It's not known whether a contract has been finalized, but the word is that Sherman is getting the job.

We'd previously heard that the Cardinals were planning to go with an offensive coach, and that Sherman was the favorite.

The Cardinals were primarily attracted by his experience. He coached the Packers from 2000 through 2005, and also was the General Manager for several seasons.

No coach has been with the franchise for more than six seasons, and the team has won only one postseason game since the Truman administration.

Sherman is the third straight Cardinals coach having recent experience with an NFC team. His predecessor, Dennis Green, coached the Vikings for more than nine seasons, and the guy before Green, Dave McGinnis, had been the defensive coordinator in Chicago.

The Cardinals' latest string of hires doesn't include a former Lions coach, since even the Cardinals aren't that desperate.

POSTED 3:22 p.m. EST; UPDATED 3:51 p.m. EST, January 11, 2007

MIXED SIGNALS FROM 'ZONA

In our effort to confirm that Mike Sherman is/will be the next head coach of the Cardinals, we've learned that, technically, the team is still interviewing candidates.

But we've also learned that the players generally believe that Sherman is getting the job.

And since several players were involved in the process, it's safe to say that they know what they're talking about on this one.

So ignore any lingering smoke and mirrors. Sherman is getting the job.

POSTED 8:12 p.m. EST; UPDATED 8:25 p.m. EST, January 11, 2007

SHERMAN NOT IN THE CARDS?

We're not sure what happened on Thursday between the Cardinals and potential head coach Mike Sherman. But on a day when players on the team generally were convinced that Sherman would be hired as the team's next head coach, Sherman's second interview didn't result in an offer or an acceptance.

The East Valley Tribune reports that Sherman interviewed for a second time on Thursday, and left town without the job. Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt will be back for a second interview on Saturday, per the East Valley Tribune.

The Trib also reports that Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera has been removed from consideration.

Though we freely acknowledge that we reported that Sherman was getting the job and we were wr-wr-wr-wr-mistaken, there can be no denying that players thought that Sherman was getting the gig.

And Sherman still might. The Bidwills wouldn't be Bidwills if they didn't try something cheap, like dangling a financial offer to multiple candidates and hiring the guy who says "I'll take it."

Stay tuned.

POSTED 6:41 a.m. EST, January 12, 2007

"TYPICAL" CARDINALS SCREWING UP COACH SEARCH

A league source has teed off on that mess in Arizona otherwise known as a professional football team.

On Thursday, the Cardinals brought Texans assistant Mike Sherman in for a "second interview". In NFL circles, "second interview" typically means "job offer". And that's what the players thought was going down.

But, instead, it now turns out that the Cardinals supposedly are conducting a second round of interviews, with Sherman and Ken Whisenhunt (and possibly more) coming back again for another look-see.

Said the source: "This whole second interview thing is a crock of sh-t. It's typical Arizona. They've either got too many cooks in the kitchen and can't make a decision or they are trying to negotiate with multiple coaches, trying to get a lowball deal done. A second interview in the NFL is when you make a job offer. The fact that Sherman left without an offer or acceptance means they weren't paying or someone's not buying Sherman's act."

So what will happen with the Cardinals?

"They'll probably end up hiring Jim Fassel or Mike Ditka," the source said. "They'll be the only coaches left by the time they make a decision."

POSTED 4:26 p.m. EST, January 12, 2007

CARDS WERE READY TO HIRE SHERMAN

John Czarnecki of FOXSports.com reports that the Arizona Cardinals were poised to hire Texans assistant Mike Sherman on Thursday, but that Sherman asked for a salary of $4 million per year.

Mike, the only way you're getting $4 million a year from anyone is by possessing a lottery ticket with six numbers that match the digits on the ping pong balls that get vacuumed out of the popcorn machine.

So to those of you out there who still might be chortling regarding our foot-in-doo-doo report that Sherman was getting the job, allow us to echo in this space the introductory line from our Thursday story:

"Multiple league sources tell us that the Arizona Cardinals have selected Texans assistant Mike Sherman to be their next head coach. It's not known whether a contract has been finalized, but the word is that Sherman is getting the job."

In hindsight, the report was accurate. The Cardinals did select Sherman. But he wanted too much money from the notoriously cheap Bidwills.

So thanks, Czar, for giving us a little vindication.

Actually, we weren't all that chagrined about the fact that we were wr-wr-wr-wr-erroneous. Given the server snafu from Thursday, we're simply glad that anyone can see our content, be it accurate or otherwise.

POSTED 4:26 p.m. EST, January 12, 2007

CARDS WERE READY TO HIRE SHERMAN

John Czarnecki of FOXSports.com reports that the Arizona Cardinals were poised to hire Texans assistant Mike Sherman on Thursday, but that Sherman asked for a salary of $4 million per year.

Mike, the only way you're getting $4 million a year from anyone is by possessing a lottery ticket with six numbers that match the digits on the ping pong balls that get vacuumed out of the popcorn machine.

So to those of you out there who still might be chortling regarding our foot-in-doo-doo report that Sherman was getting the job, allow us to echo in this space the introductory line from our Thursday story:

"Multiple league sources tell us that the Arizona Cardinals have selected Texans assistant Mike Sherman to be their next head coach. It's not known whether a contract has been finalized, but the word is that Sherman is getting the job."

In hindsight, the report was accurate. The Cardinals did select Sherman. But he wanted too much money from the notoriously cheap Bidwills.

So thanks, Czar, for giving us a little vindication.

Actually, we weren't all that chagrined about the fact that we were wr-wr-wr-wr-erroneous. Given the server snafu from Thursday, we're simply glad that anyone can see our content, be it accurate or otherwise.

POSTED 12:41 p.m. EST, January 14, 2007

CARDS HIRE WHISENHUNT

So much for a full-blown round of "second interviews."

Rebuffed by Texans assistant Mike Sherman, who reportedly didn't get the offer he was supposed to get because he wanted $4 million a year, the Cardinals called his failed hiring session a "second interview" -- and then had a "second interview" with Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt.

And Whisenhunt's second interview is the last second interview. Per Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, Whisenhunt has agreed to a deal to become the coach of the Cardinals.

The move opens the door for the Steelers to hire offensive line coach Russ Grimm. But the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that former Steelers head coach Bill Cowher went to bat for neither Grimm nor Whisenhunt, endorsing instead former Steelers offensive coordinator Chan Gailey when Cowher was asked this past week for his input.