raidahs...Peterson or Quinn?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Mile-Hi T
Elwood

raidahs...Peterson or Quinn?

Post by Mile-Hi T »

The way I see it, you guy need both a RB and a QB (among other things, obviously).

Who would fit better as a raidah?

I think that you guy have to go with Adrian Peterson. He fits that raidah "mistique"....Better than Quinn anyway.

What is raidah nation thinking?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'm honestly not crazy about either of them as a #1 overall pick in the draft.
If I HAD to choose one or the other of those guys you mention I would take Quinn.
I think he might do a decent job in the NFL early on in his career if he gets solid coaching.

At this point I am on the trade down bandwagon ..... but don't think Al will do so.

My opinion is that M. Lynch will end up having a better NFL career than Peterson.

I like C. Johnson a bunch, but don't know if you burn the overall #1 on a WR.

Russell ... ?
Verrah intriquing.

O-lineman Joe Thomas ... ?
With the taste of the Gallery flop still in their mouth, I don't know that Oakland will go that route again.
And again, do you REALLY spend the #1 overall on a lineman ... ?
I think you've got to go after a playmaker.

I'll give a better and more definitive answer a couple o' months from now.

Nailing down a coach is yob #1 at this point.
Mile-Hi T
Elwood

Post by Mile-Hi T »

Yea, it sucks to have that option, because you are NOT going to get it right. No matter what you do.

If I was a raidah fan (and thankfully I'm not), I would go with a RB. Fargas sucks and Jordan can't stay healthy.

Yeah you still need a QB, but I think that Walters will be ok with a decent coach.
Mile-Hi T
Elwood

Post by Mile-Hi T »

What about Ginn???
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Quinn. Oakland has passed on too many QBs already and the pickins are slim in free agency.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

I think Al will go with Russell. He has a bigger arm than Brady and Al loves that vertical passing game
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Please pick Quinn or Peterson...leave Russell for the Lions. If Martz's offense could get 4000+ yards out of a tomato can like Kitna...imagine what Russell can do. Millen would be burned at the stake if he takes Joe Thomas and lets Russell slip through their fingers. He probably wouldn't play the first year anyways since they seem to be committed to Kitna for at least another season.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I could see Al taking Russell, and at this point I can't say I'd be against it.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:There's so many good players that will be considered as Top 10 picks that I don't see how the Raydahs DON'T trade down, but having said that I hope they stay right there and blow yet ANOTHER 1st round pick. :lol:
Good point... any kickers coming out this year?
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Re: raidahs...Peterson or Quinn?

Post by Mississippi Neck »

Mile-Hi T wrote:The way I see it, you guy need both a RB and a QB (among other things, obviously).

Who would fit better as a raidah?

I think that you guy have to go with Adrian Peterson. He fits that raidah "mistique"....Better than Quinn anyway.

What is raidah nation thinking?
Or Russell. He's got mystique...BTW, what mystique do the Raiders have anymore? They're a joke.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:There's so many good players that will be considered as Top 10 picks that I don't see how the Raydahs DON'T trade down, but having said that I hope they stay right there and blow yet ANOTHER 1st round pick. :lol:

you say something Sylvester Morris?
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

The Assassin wrote:Quinn. Oakland has passed on too many QBs already and the pickins are slim in free agency.

RACK THAT AV !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just Russell baby.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Shoalzie wrote:If Martz's offense could get 4000+ yards out of a tomato can like Kitna...imagine what Russell can do.
Exactly why you should take AD. Kitna can "get his" in Martz's offense. You need a RB. AD is the prototypical west coast back. He's got power, speed and can cut on a dime.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Well, I haven't seen him as much as you, but I always thought he had the build and game of Edge James. James is the same weight as AD and a inch or so shorter. James' best season at Miami he had only 17 receptins for 250 yards. He wasn't a prolific receiver out of the backfield in college, but he became one as a Colt.

Edge and AD's college career and stlye just remind me a lot of each other and the stats are comparable. Blocking can be taught. We'll see how and where he ends up. I just think he could make it in a WC offense and thrive.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

The Raiders didn't just get turned down by a COLLEGE POSITION COACH did they? Damn they better do somethin in the draft this year cause right now the Autumn Wind couldn't so much as blow out a candle.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:The Raiders didn't just get turned down by a COLLEGE POSITION COACH did they?
Sarkisian admits that he was not offered the yob.

How do you 'turn down' a position that is never offered to you ... ? hahaha

Media being the media.