Bottom line on Marty Schottenheimer

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Bottom line on Marty Schottenheimer

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

The rally cry for Charger fan this year= "This is different. Marty's NEVER had a team this talented."

When we explain to these dumbasses that his Browns and Chiefs playoff teams were pretty loaded, they scoff and say "bah, they weren't that good"

Fast forward to 2010 when Marty has the Falcons in the playoffs with a mighty 14-2 record and another first round bye.

Those of us who know anything about football will say "he'll fuck this up" and those like the 2006 Charger fans will say "He's NEVER had a team this fucking talented!"

We will say "What about the 2006 Chargers?"

The same dumbshits will say "They were not that good...the D was suspect and Rivers was an average Qb like Gannon. This is DIFFERENT!" :roll: :lol:

Dipshits.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Pelican pussy. :pickle:
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Marty is going to be the Falcons coach in 2010? thats news to me

signed,

Bernard Petrino
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

BTW RACK Martyball. Nice to see things never change.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

To be fair, they would've won that game against a lesser QB than Brady...he had a down game but made big plays when his team needed it. Schottenheimer gets victimized again by another clutch QB...Elway did it to him a few times, Brady joins the list.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Shoalzie wrote:To be fair, they would've won that game against a lesser QB than Brady...he had a down game but made big plays when his team needed it. Schottenheimer gets victimized again by another clutch QB...Elway did it to him a few times, Brady joins the list.

IN
Go Patriots! ! ! !
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Bottom line on Marty Shottenheimer .... ?

Regular season: 200 - 126
Playoffs 5 - 13

He is what he is.

Mr October
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Shoalzie wrote: Schottenheimer gets victimized again by another clutch QB...Elway did it to him a few times, Brady joins the list.
Dan Marino was easily one of the most un-clutch big game QBs in the history of the league and he punked Marty not once but twice in the playoffs, rallying his team from 18 and 13 point second half deficits to win.

Funny how every QB is clutch against Marty when it matters.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

poptart wrote:Bottom line on Marty Shottenheimer .... ?

Regular season: 200 - 126
Playoffs 5 - 13

He is what he is.

Mr October
Rack

Marty is great at getting a bad team competitve (he'd be perfect for the Az job), but once a team is competitive, he can't get them over the playoff hump.

That's the way I felt when Marty was hired and that is still the way I feel 6 years later.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

This team has much more talent than those other Shittenheimer teams. The Chargers performance Sunday was an embarrassment to the city of San Diego. I liken it to the Olympic 4 x 100 meter relay team dropping the baton down the stretch. Marty just doesn't have the energy to put a foot up and keep it up the Chargers asses 24/7.

A coach like Gruden would be the perfect fit, hell even a Mangenius or Sean Payton, I'd take any of them over Marty come playoff time.

Of course none of those guys are available, but its AJ Smith's job to find a coach to take this team to the next level. Spanos made a bad decision extending Bobby Beathard and I feel the same will be true with Marty. LT isn't going to last forever, and it’s high time the Chargers started over achieving Bobby Ross style.

AJ Smith is the guy who should be untouchable IMO.

If the Chargers are lucky enough to qualify with their tougher schedule, I have ZERO faith Marty will win in the playoffs next season.

And who wants to go into another season with that hanging over the team and the community?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Joe in PB wrote: he can't get them over the playoff hump.
This might actually be a valid point if any of successors did manage to get them over that hump.
However, in no instance, did the team he left show the slightest bit of improvement with their new coach. In fact, they regressed.

Bud Carson went 3-13 the year after Marty left the Browns. Goonther was a lackluster slappy who was flushed after two mediocre seasons and Steve Spurrier was an unmitigated disaster.

Maybe the problem wasn't the coach.
Good point, but you're thinking too deeply for most in this forum.

All of Marty's teams, especially the Bolts, would be fine if they weren't a bunch of dripping vag's (or is that vags?).
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Joe in PB wrote: he can't get them over the playoff hump.
This might actually be a valid point if any of successors did manage to get them over that hump.
However, in no instance, did the team he left show the slightest bit of improvement with their new coach. In fact, they regressed.

Bud Carson went 3-13 the year after Marty left the Browns. Goonther was a lackluster slappy who was flushed after two mediocre seasons and Steve Spurrier was an unmitigated disaster.

Maybe the problem wasn't the coach.
Good point, but you're thinking too deeply for most in this forum.

All of Marty's teams, especially the Bolts, would be fine if they weren't a bunch of dripping vag's (or is that vags?).

Holy sh!t..now that's funny :lol: :lol: ...again probably over the heads of most...
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

mvscal wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:This team has much more talent than those other Shittenheimer teams.
Like fuck it does. Where is all this alleged talent?

:lol: Nine Pro Bowlers.

My prediction is coming true faster than I thought. :lol:
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

OMG the dreaded spelling smack!

:lol:

This boards posting version of 'Grumpy Old Men' sure got over on 'ol James with that EPILICIT balst.

:lol:

Dont know about the rest of the cats here, but im thoroughly enjoying the Vag Discharge fan meltage.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

This write up pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/w ... index.html
The silence coming from the Chargers management regarding coach Marty Schottenheimer's status speaks volumes. If Schottenheimer isn't a dead man walking after five years in San Diego, then all that stuff Chargers team president Dean Spanos said last month about his coach being evaluated based on his team's postseason run was just so much blather.
Bottom line?

The Chargers challenged Schottenheimer to finally deliver in the playoffs, and he failed miserably once again. It's clear by now: Schottenheimer can take an NFL team just so far, but he can't get you past a certain point.

Over the past three regular seasons, San Diego has gone 35-13 -- the third best mark in the league after New England and Indianapolis -- but the Chargers are 0-2 in the playoffs in that span, with both losses coming by three points at home in the divisional round, against AFC East underdogs.

The statistical case for bye-bye, Marty is overwhelming:

His six consecutive playoff losses (with Kansas City and San Diego) ties a dubious NFL record also held by Steve Owen (1939-50) and Jim Mora ('88-2000). Nine times a Schottenheimer team has lost its playoff opener. Three times in the past 11 years Schottenheimer's teams have wasted the AFC's top seed, losing at home in the divisional round ('95 and '97 in Kansas City, '06 in San Diego). He's 5-13 in the playoffs, and hasn't made even a conference final since '93.

When will the Chargers ever be better positioned for a Super Bowl run than they were this year, with a franchise-best 14-2 record, 10 consecutive wins entering the playoffs, an 8-0 home mark, nine Pro Bowl selections, and the league MVP in LaDainian Tomlinson? If Schottenheimer couldn't win a single playoff game with the most talented team he's ever had in his 21 seasons as an NFL head coach, what's the point of letting him repeat his personal history ad nauseam?

And it's not only that the Chargers lost Sunday to visiting New England. It's how they lost, with undisciplined play, mind-numbing mistakes and questionable coaching decisions. San Diego was outplayed and outcoached. What else is there?..........
I don't much care for the thought of Wade Philips, Cam Cameron or Pete Carrow as HC though.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

mvscal wrote:Like fuck it does. Where is all this alleged talent? It sure as shit wasn't on display last Sunday.
Sure it was. The better team... lost.

If McCree doesn't have that ball stripped from him (what were the chances??), the Chargers with a huge momentum swing probably drive down the field and put some points on the board... going up two scores. At worst, they go 3 and out, punt, and make the Patriots drive 70+ yards, needing a TD/2 pt conversion for the tie.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
mvscal wrote:Like fuck it does. Where is all this alleged talent? It sure as shit wasn't on display last Sunday.
Sure it was. The better team... lost.

If McCree doesn't have that ball stripped from him (what were the chances??), the Chargers with a huge momentum swing probably drive down the field and put some points on the board... going up two scores. At worst, they go 3 and out, punt, and make the Patriots drive 70+ yards, needing a TD/2 pt conversion for the tie.
Another idiot saying the better team lost. Scoreboard New England. End of story. You bozos act like New England did nothing but watch the Chargers crumble. Didnt a Pats player strip the ball? Didn't the Pats players taunt Charger cunt into head butting? Its called "doing what it takes to win". The Pats play it to perfection. The Chargers have some learning to do on that point.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Mississippi Neck wrote:You bozos act like New England did nothing but watch the Chargers crumble. Didnt a Pats player strip the ball? Didn't the Pats players taunt Charger cunt into head butting? Its called "doing what it takes to win". The Pats play it to perfection. The Chargers have some learning to do on that point.

You bozos? You mean... you "Patriots fans"?

Sometimes.... Villanova beats Georgetown. Doesn't mean the better team won. Savvy?
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Mississippi Neck wrote:You bozos act like New England did nothing but watch the Chargers crumble. Didnt a Pats player strip the ball? Didn't the Pats players taunt Charger cunt into head butting? Its called "doing what it takes to win". The Pats play it to perfection. The Chargers have some learning to do on that point.

Sometimes.... Villanova beats Georgetown. Doesn't mean the better team won. Savvy?

New England was 12-4 and 7-1 this year on the road. AFC East Champs this year.
They've won 3 out of the last 5 Super Bowls. Coached by Belichik. QB'ed by Brady.

And they were playing a team that has never won a Super Bowl and coached by a man that has never been to the Super Bowl.

And YOU compare them to Nova vs Georgetown?

Yea, you're a bozo.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Football is still a team sport. The Patriots are a better team from the owner on down.

The better TEAM did win.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Mississippi Neck wrote:And YOU compare them to Nova vs Georgetown?

Uhm, no. Ya see, this is why you have to blackmail your boss to move out of the mailroom, cunt.

I was just giving you an extreme example (something that even you "might get") of how sometimes... the better team does not win. Stick to hanging out in parking lots taking pictures of hot chicks your incompetent ass has zero chance of banging.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Sirfindafold wrote:Football is still a team sport. The Patriots are a better team from the owner on down.

The better TEAM did win.

I am going to spread this "Al Davis" on my lawn and watch it turn green.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Mississippi Neck wrote:And YOU compare them to Nova vs Georgetown?

Uhm, no. Ya see, this is why you have to blackmail your boss to move out of the mailroom, cunt.

I was just giving you an extreme example (something that even you "might get") of how sometimes... the better team does not win. Stick to hanging out in parking lots taking pictures of hot chicks your incompetent ass has zero chance of banging.
Ahh..so it was an "extreme example" not a comparison?

Whiff...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Mississippi Neck wrote:Ahh..so it was an "extreme example" not a comparison?

Yes. I still think the Chargers win more than half of the games if they played each other 100 times. But that doesn't really resonate with the mouth breathers. Tell me, did you ever blackmail your way out of minimum wage... or are you still wearing coveralls to the office?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Shottenheimer pissed badly down his leg at least a couple of times in that game, mvscal.

4th and 11 ring a bell .... ?
The 'too conservative' rap was banging around in his head, so he foolishly baited himself into making a verrah dumb decision.

He also very obviously shit the bed on the challenge too.

Marty was outcoached, bottom line.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

It was a tight game, and both player and coach errors hurt SD.

You take exception to the take that Marty was outcoached.
Why .... ?

Do you think Marty won the coaching battle in that game .... ?

He didn't.

He had his ass handed to him.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Yes. I still think the Chargers win more than half of the games if they played each other 100 times. But that doesn't really resonate with the mouth breathers. Tell me, did you ever blackmail your way out of minimum wage... or are you still wearing coveralls to the office?

You gave a shitty example. You were called on it. Attack me all you want. Deflect all you want. It only works in your simple mind.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The 4th and 11 call and the ill considered challenge were both mistakes, but neither had nearly as much bearing on the final outcome as several of the blatant player fuckups.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Yes. I still think the Chargers win more than half of the games if they played each other 100 times.
That depends. Are those 100 games playoff games?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

poptart wrote:He also very obviously shit the bed on the challenge too.
Good luck w/that, pop.
This point was avoided elsewhere... so too will it be here.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Anyone with a brain should have known that Schottenheimer-Rivers v. Bellichek-Brady was not even a contest. The Patriots should have won by even more than three but having liveed through the two #1 seed first round losses in KC and seen first hand Marty's post-season screw ups was enough for me to call the W for NE. Marty is like Roy Williams used to be for ku basketball - great regular season and then shit the bed in the post season. At least Roy finally got the monkey off his back. Hell, Marty could fuck up a wet dream and would have coached the '85 Bears to a first round loss!
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Mississippi Neck wrote:

You gave a shitty example. You were called on it. Attack me all you want. Deflect all you want. It only works in your simple mind.
It wasn't a shitty example, idiot. It served as just that... an example. You're just too freakin' dumb to recognize the parallels between his example and the SD/NE game.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Mississippi Neck wrote:You gave a shitty example. You were called on it. Attack me all you want. Deflect all you want. It only works in your simple mind.
Actually, I gave an excellent example. Your and your silly coveralls just don't get it. Many people do in fact believe the better team won on Sunday. I am not one of them. One amazing play by Troy Brown and the ensuing Martydown doesn't mean the Pats are a better team. I am happy, believe me. Just like in March Madness, you "escape and move on." The example I gave was perfect. There's no denying that Georgetown was a better team, regardless of the outcome. Can't say the same thing about the Pats vs Chargers though, can you?
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Ken wrote:
Mississippi Neck wrote:

It wasn't a shitty example, idiot. It served as just that... an example. You're just too freakin' dumb to recognize the parallels between his example and the SD/NE game.

so you think that Villanova beating Georgetown is a good example for SD vs New England? really?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What a stupid argument.

By some measures the Chargers may be the "better" team.

By the final score, the Pats were better on Sunday. The rest is moot. Give it a rest already.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Mississippi Neck wrote:You gave a shitty example. You were called on it. Attack me all you want. Deflect all you want. It only works in your simple mind.
Actually, I gave an excellent example. Your and your silly coveralls just don't get it. Many people do in fact believe the better team won on Sunday. I am not one of them. One amazing play by Troy Brown and the ensuing Martydown doesn't mean the Pats are a better team. I am happy, believe me. Just like in March Madness, you "escape and move on." The example I gave was perfect. There's no denying that Georgetown was a better team, regardless of the outcome. Can't say the same thing about the Pats vs Chargers though, can you?

If your example was to work, then there would be no denying that SD was the better team. KYOA much?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

'Neck,

While I think 'Ucant is reaching, I think he's saying what many a Cowboy fan says about the one Washington victory this year.

The better team didn't win and the Redskins didn't deserve to win. The "tough love" side of me for my team agrees with that statement.

All in all though, remembering our smack roots ....

"Scoreboard is the only stat that matters", means the Pats were the better team.

Cut 'ucan't some slack though, looks like he's got a remora hanging around his taint area.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Mississippi Coveralls wrote:If your example was to work, then there would be no denying that SD was the better team. KYOA much?
It is my belief that SD was the better team and lost. It's very simple... and you're totally fucking it up. This reminds me A LOT of how your shit team's season ended. If you're trying to reenact the whole Tony Homo botched snap debacle with our little debate, you're doing a wonderful job.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Mississippi Coveralls wrote:If your example was to work, then there would be no denying that SD was the better team. KYOA much?
It is my belief that SD was the better team and lost. It's very simple... and you're totally fucking it up. This reminds me A LOT of how your shit team's season ended. If you're trying to reenact the whole Tony Homo botched snap debacle with our little debate, you're doing a wonderful job.

To use as an example, San Diego, a mild favorite, beating a three time SB champion to the huge upset of Nova over Georgetown was quite a reach. If you can't admit that, then you are clueless. It's very simple.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:We need to fire the coach.

Awww, don't you worry about ol' Marty, mv.

I mean...any coach that is so inarguably brilliant that his mastermind brewed up a play that was a sure-fire winner on 4th and 11...well, any team in the league is going to want such a brilliant mind.

Now if only his next employer can outfit his coordinators with the same video feed that 50,000,000 saw at home, he'd be a GREAT coach.

Because it was all on the players being fuckups. Ghettohoody's team had just as many opportunities to fuck up, yet they didn't. They just seemed more mentally prepared...more "eye of the tiger," if you will. But...players are supposed to get that level of readiness on their own, and it has nothing to do with the head coach. And some of those NFL players have actually played in a game or two before, but I'm sure Marty was still pulling the wool over their eyes to the fact he was reinforcing his reputation as the worst postseason coach in history...over and over...that wouldn't get in his players' domes or anything.

Because it's all about the players overcoming bad coaching, right? Has nothing to do with coaching and players being on the same page, or anything.

Beat this drum-of-stupidity all you like...all anyone has to respond with is "4th and 11," and they just clowned your ass.

Fuck...why am I or anyone else bothering discussing what it takes to win with a Chargerfan, much less a Marty-defender-Chargerfan. It's like trying to explain quantum physics or vaginal intercourse to Cicero.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one