Chiefs vs. Colts Wild Card Playoff

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

KC Scott

Chiefs vs. Colts Wild Card Playoff

Post by KC Scott »

Hard to believe the circumstances that got KC in, but what the Hell - We'll take it.

First up is Indy, which really was the poorest tackling team I saw all year.
They reminded me of the KC defense of '04 - just no wrap up.
They have an undersized front 7 and can get moved off the LOS - so this plays right into LJ getting 30 carries.

On offense, Peyton will get his points, no doubt.
The KC DE - Allen & Hali must get pressure, beacuse if we have to blitz
we'll be looking at the backside of Wayne and Harrison all day.

Maybe Ty Law will earn his huge jack and step in front of a few throws.

KC could not have a better first round match up.

Chiefs 34
Colts 31
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Colts cannot stop the run.

Give it to LJ 35 times and keep Manning and co on the sidelines.

Thats pretty much it.

Chiefs 28 colts 20
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Hard to believe the circumstances that got KC in, but what the Hell - We'll take it.
No doubt. I woke up this morning with a grin on my face like a kid who had a late Christmas present he forgot to open. Simply unreal all the things that had to fall into place for this to happen. Almost like it was divine intervention and simply meant to happen. After all the heartbreaking crap this team and it's fans have endured over the years, it's about damn time something went our way for a change.

That said, I don't realistically see KC winning this game with TrINT at QB. Herm needs to wake the fuck up and realize that Huard gives this team the best chance to win. I was cussing a blue streak yesterday when he came back in after seeing the difference one series with Huard made.

That slant throw he made to Parker on 3rd down is one that Green simply can't make anymore.

Sure, LJ has to carry the load, but they can't win this game just running the ball alone. They have to be able to mix it up and keep the Colts D guessing. They damn sure can't afford 3 turnovers from TG like they had against Jax and still hope to win.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Home field will be just enough to nudge Indy past KC here.

Colts - 27
Chefs- 26
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Valid points from everyone so far, but all of you have over looked two of the most important of three factors, and some of you missed them all.

1. The Chiefs MUST control the ball, and the clock. Run the fucking ball down their throats. Its a glary weakness for Indy and everyone knows it. However, mix in Bennett a little more than he has seen thus far. Keep LJ fresh to do what he does best. Sprinkle in some short passes here and there to Tony G, float a few to Kennison and Parker, but no matter what, DONT TURN THE FUCKING BALL OVER!

2. Turnovers will be the ultimate factor in who wins this game. The Chiefs MUST take the ball away from Indy, and Im thinking at least 3 times. Lets face it, know one expects to see this Chiefs defense force many three and outs against the Colts. Manning is one of the best of the best, and although the Colts dont have an LJ, they can still run the ball pretty well. They do have the same number of rushing TD's as the Chiefs.

3. Special teams. Everyone wants to ignore it. Everyone wants to think its not an important part of the game. But you have to respect it. Vanderteri, Vinajacdt, what ever that dudes name is, can kick. Dante can still return one. Pollard will be a future pro-bowler, perhaps Page also.

Gimme a few days and I may toss out an actual prediction. The rest of you, take a few days, and consider all aspects of the game.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

kcdave wrote: 2. Turnovers will be the ultimate factor in who wins this game. The Chiefs MUST take the ball away from Indy, and Im thinking at least 3 times. Lets face it, know one expects to see this Chiefs defense force many three and outs against the Colts.
Not going to be an easy thing to do. Manning just finished as the second QB in history to throw over 30 TD's and have less than 10 INT. This is going to be a high scoring game.. Manning is facing the 19th ranked pass D and LJ is going against the 32nd ranked rush D. Indy is going to need to rely less on the long plays- use Addai/Rhoades, and a lot of short, underneath passes to Clark, Fletcher, et all... They need to keep the O on the field as long as possible to help with the ball control issue and keep it out of LJ's hands. My only hope is someone teached them to tackle this week. I think this is going to be the highest scoring game this week and home field is enough to bring it home for the Colts...

Indy- 41
KC- 34
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Indy 38
KC 17
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Indy is going to be buttfucked in the mouth by KC.

KC 31
Indy 17

I'll still be there pulling for the Colts though. Thanks pops-in-law for the season tickets...all 20 of them we enjoy game in and game out.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Go Chiefs!!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: Chiefs vs. Colts Wild Card Playoff

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote: First and last up is Indy
ftfy....

why break the "one and done" tradition KC has cultivated over the years.......

Colts-34
KC-28
get out, get out while there's still time
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Colts will stack 8 in the box and LJ will still go for 200.... TrINT...nuff said, just give it to LJ
Manning throws for 398 and 4

Colts 35
Chiefs 33
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Herm said yesterday that if TRENT (correct spelling, for those of you scoring at home) isn't getting it done, then he's not afraid to pull him and put Damon in.
That was sweet of him to lay that out in public. It's always a good idea to make your starter keep looking over his shoulder as opposed to letting him know you have confidence in him.
Having said that, the Colts will NEVER EVER stop LJ from going up and down the field on their soft ASSES. Dude will have a career day
Thanks Marcus. Damn near every RB had their career day against the Colts D this season, even when they stacked 8 in the box like that did against Jax.
and Ty Law (the ColtKiller) will once again make Peyton his personal bitch.
Does he have a motorized wheelchair?
Chiefs- 24
Colts- 17
Can't argue this. About the same thing I said. Dungee may get runned after this game.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Pittsburgh came from the #6 seed and got it done last year. I see no reason history can't repeat:

CHIEFS - 38
COLTS - 37

Chiefs go on to beat the Chargers and then either Baltimore or New England and face Philadelphia in SUPERBOWL XLI and win it all while Lamar Hunt and Satan share a glass of Bushmills!
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Bob Sanders will be playing this weekend. Usually one player doesn't make such a huge impact but in my opinion he does. If I remember he was able to come back and play a game a few weeks back and the Colts defense was greatly improved against the run in that game. Not only does he add great run support and can actually tackle he seems to give them a confidence boost.

All I know is the Chiefs cannot afford to get behind too far in this game. If they can score first and keep Peyton and company off the field they have an excellent shot. I'm also worried about the Chiefs pass rush. Peyton with all day to throw equals doom for the Chiefs. Too me this game is a coin toss.

I'll go ahead and call it

Chiefs - 24

Colts - 20
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Shit, the Chiefs OWE the Colts a beatdown at home after what they did following the '95 season (10-7 with Harbaugh and Lin Elliott's three missed FGs in 2 freaking degrees) and '03 season (the "no punts" 38-31 win in 60 degree Arrowhead).
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

The Chiefs ranked 15th in total scoring offense this past year. Of all the playoff teams in the NFL, only the Jets had fewer total points scored. The Chiefs may very well rush for 170+ yards against the Colts but if they aren't putting 7pts on the board after a long drive, they're going to lose and shoot themselves in the foot with all the time they'll take off the clock.

Bottom line-

The Colts will score quickly and often. If the Chiefs can't answer the bell, they'll lose by 2 tds, easy.

Colts 35
Chiefs 21
Tiny
Is it football season yet?

Post by Tiny »

170+??? Hell, I'll be happy if they keep LJ under 270 for the day. Bob Sanders is the only real man on the starting D, and he can't be everywhere. Let alone the fact that his scoped knee isn't 100%.
Why the hell they can't wrap anybody up, is beyond me. My goodness, this is gonna be a long afternoon.....

My prediction: Hell, everybody knows the formula. It's no secret.
Opening drive:
Indy--Peyton tries to test the defense, and they maybe get one 1st down, then have to punt.
KC -- LJ, LJ, LJ, LJ Tony G to keep 'em honest, and LJ for the TD.

Second drive:
Indy-- Peyton tries to make it all up with one throw, and throws the INT(and no, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ty Law making the pick; dude has always been in Peyton's head).
KC-- See above

Third Possession:
Indy-- Peyton's really starting to grip; "Ohh shit, here we go again..." 3 and out.
KC-- See Above

We're now midway through the second quarter, KC is on LJ cruise control, and there's no amount of 4th quarter heroics that can save Indy from being down 21 pts early. Once Peyton starts to press, and try to force it into covered receivers, he's DONE!!!

I'll go out on a limb and call it:
KC -- 38
Indy - 17

LJ rushes for 245 yards, and 3 TDs.
Peyton has 2 picks, and 1 TD to Marvin in the 4th quarter against the KC backups.

I'll almost be glad to see this season over and done.....this defense is freakin' embarassing!!!! Sad thing is though, Dungy won't stray from his small athletic ideal to give the D a legit chance to improve.

I'd like to order 3-- 300+ lb defensive linemen in the draft please......and ohh....how much are the bruiser type linebackers going for these days?

And to think I used to look forward to the day when our secondary was not the achilles heel of the defense.... At least then, the opposing QB could be having a bad day, and negate the shitty coverage by overthrowing his receivers once in a while.

FUCK
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Going to the "reverse psychology" card, Tiny? :lol:
I like it.

:lol:
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

No....Just tired of seeing the team under achieve.
Tired of seeing them miss tackles.
Tired of seeing the opposing teams running backs go for 100+ each week (both of them).
Tired of seeing them win 12 (+) games each year, and stumble in the playoffs.
Tired of seeing the team flame out early in the playoffs.
Tired of the team not learning from its mistakes from year to year.
Tired of mediocrity.

What is really frustrating is the fact that this team was built to win, and built fairly well. In most other NFL cities (I said "most"), give a coach/team this kind of talent, and (if it's not the Redskins) they'd be able to get over, at least one year. Hell, Indy has become known for doing the least, with the most (offensive talent anyway). What, do we have to bring Gruden in to finish the job, like he did in Tampa?

It's not to the level of frustration that Raiderfan is facing these days, but damn it gets old. I know whining about it isn't going to change it, but like Ricky Bobby says: "If you’re not first, you’re last...."
It's all about the trophy.

Honestly, I don't know that winning one Superbowl would even do much to challenge the commonly held belief that the team didn't live up to expectations. Players like Peyton, Marvin and Reggie don't come around often; you have to seize the opportunities when they do.
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tiny wrote: Honestly, I don't know that winning one Superbowl would even do much to challenge the commonly held belief that the team didn't live up to expectations.
If you're seriously in here bagging on your team for going 12-4, winning their division, and making the playoffs the last 5 years straight, then you need to get a clue. There are many other teams and fans of those said teams who'd relish having that same problem.

You sound like a spoiled brat. No wonder your piss poor fan base in Indy can't sell out that pathetic dome for a freaking playoff game.

There'll be lots of red in those blue seats on Saturday. You pussies need to take notes on how real fans roll.

Christ, if there were ever a team up for relocating to LA, it'd be that franchise.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Fuck off wags, you sniveling little bitch.

If you ever had a decent team (or even a decent take) to have high expectations for, then you might have an idea of the point I was trying to make. Right now, you're lost in the woods.

Winning the AFC South doesn't mean SHIT! Probably 20 teams in the NFL could pull off that same feat, had they been placed in that division.
Winning 12 games means what in the playoffs? BTW" how the hell did KC make it into the playoffs....Ohh...I forgot, they backed in when everyone else trying to win the wildcard, lost on week 17. Props, I guess....

Making the playoffs for the last 5 years STRAIGHT, has resulted in exactly what?
See, I'm not happy with my team just merely making it to the playoffs, I have reasonable expectations for my team to actually do something when they get there. Or at least I did, until the futility of the last several years. That's the difference between you and me. You are content to settle for mediocrity; I am not. You have the second best running back in the league, and arguably in the last decade; should you be content just to make it to the show? I sure as the hell wouldn't be.

Will you be there Saturday Wags....can I come see how you roll? I mean, if you are the epitomy of a real fan, I should be able to watch and learn from you, right? FUCK YOU; let me guess, you still have your panties in a bunch from the Whitey Wagon comment I made a few months back, so you jumped on one of my infrequent posts to try to somehow save face, and even the score? Gee, that doesn't seem to fit your style, now does it? Loser.
The day you have the ability to speak intelligently about football, or about my team, it will be a day of more than one first.

So, when you finally get a clue, and understand the difference between myopia and seeing reality for what it is; then maybe you can come back and we'll talk some football.
Until then, piss off.......
Winston Wolf:
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Wow.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tiny wrote:Fuck off wags, you sniveling little bitch.
Sorry Tiny, but you already have that "sniveling little bitch" role sewed up.
FUCK YOU; let me guess, you still have your panties in a bunch from the Whitey Wagon comment I made a few months back, so you jumped on one of my infrequent posts to try to somehow save face, and even the score? Gee, that doesn't seem to fit your style, now does it? Loser.
Bwa!

I've been called that and much worse on these boards for 6 years. Yet you seem to think that I'm holding a grudge against some little piss-ant clot fan like yourself? To save face? I forgot you even existed until about an hour ago... Who the fuck are you again? You remind me of an empty seat, now that I think about it.

Chill out Tiny. I just gave you motivation for wanting to see your boys to win this game.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Give'em hell Wags!
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Well Wags, "I know you are, but what am I..." Tag, you're it....
I guess that's just how you roll....why should I expect anything different from you.

So Paul, you're saying the Chief's controlled their own destiny? Is that what I'm hearing?
Yes, KC won Sunday, where everybody else in the hunt lost when it mattered most...they "took care of business...." Blahh Blahh Blahh....
BUT, had even one of those teams not fallen flat with a well executed faceplant to the turf, (even with a KC win last Sunday) KC would be sitting in the stands with Wags, watching from the cheap seats...That's why I called it "coming in through the back door".
But HEY, according to Wags, the fact that KC simply made it to the post season in the first place, is all that matters anyway.....so be happy, right?
Surely you're perfectly happy with one and done too, right? I mean, listening to his jibberish, I'm supposed to be HAPPY about that, and since they went 12-4, and won the "always tough" AFC South.....I should be content and GRATEFUL to the team for over achieving once again in 2006.

(I don't really know why....I'm just playing along with Wags...you know, so he doesn't beat me up again with his talent for articulation and his eloquent writing style).
Wink wink.... besides, I don't exist...."Ohh fore-shame!!!! I feel all empty inside"

BWaahaahaahaahahahaha
Winston Wolf:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Panther stole Tiny's password, ..... right .. ?

If not, RACK Tiny.
I like the engery, and he makes some sound points.

He's keen to the fact that Indy has the 2 kings of regular season excellence & playoff futility in Dungy and Manning.
It's a bad combo to have.
Mr sheep fan gets all jizzed up each season, only to go limp when it really matters.
Dungy is a total pussy and will never win a Super Bowl, and I'd rate Mannings chances only slightly better.

Indy would be better without Dungy.
They'd also be better off without Manning's salary and ego.

Even with Indy's defenders playing flag football, I still think they beat KC though.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Throw another RACK on the fire for Tiny.......

:lol:
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

COME ON, Chiefs, beat the Colts! I don't think you will but it would be nice to have an easier first playoff game.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote: They'd also be better off without Manning's salary and ego.
I laughed.
Manning's ego
Manning's salary

If you think Indy would not be better off without those two things you are an idiot.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

It's going to be too difficult for the Chiefs to make a second roadie to San Diego and try and beat the Chargers.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Okay, I'll bite at this one!

First, I will LMAO and also possibly feel sorry for the Big MelonHead if the Chiefs beat the Colts!!

The facts..

The Colts have a better Offense than the Chiefs!
The Colts have a better QB than the Chiefs.
The Chiefs have a better back up QB than starting QB.(at least this year!)

The Colts have a better Offensive Line.

The Colts have a good RB.
The Chiefs have a Superior RB.

The Chiefs' WRs are in the same league as the Colts' WRs but only literally.
The Colts WRs are head and shoulders better than the Chiefs WRs.

The Colts have the best clutch FG Kicker in the game.
Who do the Chiefs have??? (I know Lawrence Tynes) but then again...WHO???

IF the Chiefs win this game.. it will because they have the better Defense.
Ty Law knows Peyton Manning!! and has had his # in the past!!

The Chiefs will have to Keep the Colts from scoring more than 27 points.
If they can do that, they can win...

BUT

This should be a SHOOT OUT!! I figure at least 62 points total score and likely 70 + points!!

If I were to put $$$ on this straight up... I have to bet on the COLTS.

IND - 42
KC 28
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Game Day, Baby! Game Freaking Day!
No....Just tired of seeing the team under achieve.
Tired of seeing them miss tackles.
Tired of seeing the opposing teams running backs go for 100+ each week (both of them).
Tired of seeing them win 12 (+) games each year, and stumble in the playoffs.
Tired of seeing the team flame out early in the playoffs.
Tired of the team not learning from its mistakes from year to year.
Tired of mediocrity.
That little rant coulda easily been signed "ChiefFan, circa 1990's."

Dude, try watching your team miss the playoffs year-end-year-out, and you'll understand why ChiefFan is jacked up today....

Two playoff appearances in 10 years will give you a whole new perspective of "mediocrity."
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

RED SKY IN THE MORNING, COLTS TAKE WARNING!

Last time a Herm coached team played the Colts in the playoffs the colts were embarassed 41-0.

Colts last against the run..........LJ big day.

Colts worst kick cover team in NFL.........Dante giving us a short field all day.

If our D can put pressure on Peyton and hit him in the mouth a few times he will make mistakes.

Our corners and safeties have to play their ass off, if they do....

Chiefs 27
Colts 17
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goddamnit - it would be nice if they would at least try to throw the ball past the fuckin' 1st down marker. This could get ugly in a hurry.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Trent gets one more series. If they can't get at least one first down passing the ball, I yank him.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:We're fucking LUCKY to only be down 6-0 right now....
Very true...very unColtlike to keep them to two field goals. One TD by LJ and this is a whole new game.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:those fuckers are just crowding the LOS waiting for LJ.
Why should they do anything else? The way TrInt has looked since his return from Reevesland, he deserves no defensive respect whatsoever.

First quarter passing total: 1/3 for 4 yards. Brutal.
Last edited by Raydah James on Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I-65 Jordan Black to a deer in the headlights Trent Green.

This is pathetic.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Kickers...
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Peyton Manning is STILL Ty Law's personal BITCH!!!!!!!

Now only do you have that going for you, theres this as well: Tony Dungy, head coach.

As long as that steaming pile of useless dogshit resides on the opposition's sidelines, your team will ALWAYS have a chance. Unless your name is Marty Chokenhiemlich.