Favorite all time 6th man

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Favorite all time 6th man

Post by The Assassin »

Michael Cooper was mine but I also thought alot Vinnie Johnson back in the bad boy days.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Re: Favorite all time 6th man

Post by Raydah James »

The Assassin wrote:Michael Cooper
Best. Ever. Period.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cooper is right up there, and is probably the greatest "garbage man" of all time.

Bill Walton was a pretty darn deece #6 for the Celts.

If you ever bring up The Microwave in my presence again, I will fight you.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Dinsdale wrote:Cooper is right up there, and is probably the greatest "garbage man" of all time.

:lol: Why?

signed,

Game 5 of the 1990 finals.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

The Assassin wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Cooper is right up there, and is probably the greatest "garbage man" of all time.

:lol: Why?

signed,

Game 5 of the 1990 finals.
Thats gonna leave a mark.

Not quite a Game 7, 2000 Western Conference Finals welt, but a mark nonetheless.

Horry is another that comes to mind, but he was only a part time 6th with the lakers.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Raydah James wrote: Not quite a Game 7, 2000 Western Conference Finals welt, but a mark nonetheless.

We look at that as the "mark" Rasheed left as his legacy as an NBA player...a nutless fucking pussy...which he still is, but at least now it's for some other team.

And as much as I've tried to forget the 1990 finals, I believe Game 5 was Laimbeer and God Dumars doing all the damage.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I don't have a favorite, but the BEST ever is without a doubt John Havlicek.
It's no contest.

Hall of Famer.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

since when was hondo a 6th man? Junior high school, maybe?

I'll second the Walton/Cooper picks. Those teams were so fucking good and deep that you could go to a 7th man and still have a decent pick.

I would argue, however that the 6th guy on some of those celt teams was chief rather than bill. just sayin.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mychael Thompson didn't suck for the Lakers, either. Sicksicksick low post defender.

And a superstud for the Blazers, who spent their second-ever #1 pick on him...haven't had another #1 pick since....I guess going to 22 straight postseasons after that will do that.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Thompson was nails as well.

Coop still reigns as my #1 of all time.

Dinsdale wrote:
Raydah James wrote: Not quite a Game 7, 2000 Western Conference Finals welt, but a mark nonetheless.

We look at that as the "mark" Rasheed left as his legacy as an NBA player...a nutless fucking pussy...which he still is, but at least now it's for some other team.

And as much as I've tried to forget the 1990 finals, I believe Game 5 was Laimbeer and God Dumars doing all the damage.
Just Rasheed?

Not Damon or the other pussies on that faggot ass squad?

If you win that game, 'Sheed gets that much closer to 'god' status in that waterpark shithole of a state, and we'd need the jaws of life to pry your mouth from his fucking snatch slayer.

Fuck you Portland pussies-I dont think I can put into words just how much joy it brings my heart to know that the L.A. Laker dick is firmly entrenched in your bitch asses, or the warm fuzzy feeling I get remembering how beautiful it was to witness the biggest choke in NBA history happening to a team that I absolutely loathe.

They still havent recovered from it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RACK your Laker masters, bitch.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

smackaholic wrote:since when was hondo a 6th man? Junior high school, maybe?

:meds:

http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/Havlicek.htm

Soft-spoken and modest aptly describe John Havlicek's personality, an interesting combination for the man who is regarded as the best sixth man in NBA history. John "Hondo" Havlicek combined his running ability and endurance to establish a style of constant movement on offense and defense that frustrated opponents and added to the Boston Celtics' magic. During his 16 years with the Boston Celtics, coach Red Auerbach described Havlicek as the "guts of the team." The man who popularized the integral role of the sixth man was a collegiate star at Ohio State. An All-America and All-Big Ten selection in 1962, "Hondo" teamed with fellow Hall of Famers Jerry Lucas and Bob Knight to land Ohio State the 1960 NCAA championship. In 1962, Havlicek was drafted by both the Boston Celtics and the NFL's Cleveland Browns. After being cut by the Browns in training camp, Havlicek began a celebrated 16-year career with the Celtics.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Never saw Hondo tear it up, and therefore cannot make a statement either way about his ability.

That reason alone means Coop stays at #1 for me.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Raydah James wrote:They still havent recovered from it.

Doesn't the Loas Angeles Lakers have enough accomplishments that their bandwagon doesn't have to resort to making shit up to claim BODE(not that the Lakes ain't the Celts bitch, or anyhthng)?

If you think the Rasheed led meltdown(and it was Rasheed missing shot after shot after shot in the 4th quarter...not Damon or anyone else...Rasheed) had ANYTHING to do with the demise of the perennial-postseason Blazers, than you're every bit as delusional as you sound. The "demise" was caused by years of piss-poor decision by ownership, and the fact Bob Nitwit managed the team into disaster. Way too many overinflated free agent/scrap heapers contracts, way too many players of questionable character, and way way way too little player developement. They could have won the championship that year, and it wouldn't have made the downfall any less inevitable.

And the rebuilding project just couldn't be going any better-btw. You fuckers are in troooooouble.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
smackaholic wrote:since when was hondo a 6th man? Junior high school, maybe?

:meds:

http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/Havlicek.htm

Soft-spoken and modest aptly describe John Havlicek's personality, an interesting combination for the man who is regarded as the best sixth man in NBA history. John "Hondo" Havlicek combined his running ability and endurance to establish a style of constant movement on offense and defense that frustrated opponents and added to the Boston Celtics' magic. During his 16 years with the Boston Celtics, coach Red Auerbach described Havlicek as the "guts of the team." The man who popularized the integral role of the sixth man was a collegiate star at Ohio State. An All-America and All-Big Ten selection in 1962, "Hondo" teamed with fellow Hall of Famers Jerry Lucas and Bob Knight to land Ohio State the 1960 NCAA championship. In 1962, Havlicek was drafted by both the Boston Celtics and the NFL's Cleveland Browns. After being cut by the Browns in training camp, Havlicek began a celebrated 16-year career with the Celtics.
maybe I'm missunderstanding the definition of 6th man. I thought it meant best non starter. Is there a different meaning? Maybe early in his career he wasn't a starter, but, even on those epcot 60s teams, he had to be a starter for most of it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

eddie johnson- phx suns

dude could light 30 when you least expected.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Bobby Jones of the Sixers was pretty damn good, except his shorts were too short and his thighs were too white.
His face was ugly too.
Other than that he was a pleasure to watch.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote:
Raydah James wrote:They still havent recovered from it.

Doesn't the Loas Angeles Lakers have enough accomplishments that their bandwagon doesn't have to resort to making shit up to claim BODE(not that the Lakes ain't the Celts bitch, or anyhthng)?

If you think the Rasheed led meltdown(and it was Rasheed missing shot after shot after shot in the 4th quarter...not Damon or anyone else...Rasheed) had ANYTHING to do with the demise of the perennial-postseason Blazers, than you're every bit as delusional as you sound. The "demise" was caused by years of piss-poor decision by ownership, and the fact Bob Nitwit managed the team into disaster. Way too many overinflated free agent/scrap heapers contracts, way too many players of questionable character, and way way way too little player developement. They could have won the championship that year, and it wouldn't have made the downfall any less inevitable.
So you're saying that those salaries and questionable character wouldnt have been justified in some way, shape, or form by jabba the allen had they won it all?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Christ, you're a fucking moron.
And the rebuilding project just couldn't be going any better-btw. You fuckers are in troooooouble.
Yeah, us Laker faithful are incredibly worried about an also ran that the Lakers have routinely owned and stomped ass on in the playoffs........

:lol: :lol:

Enjoy the multiple prolapses brought on by your 'rebuilding' phase while we continue being in contention for the title year in and year out.

RACK the 'one year' Laker rebuild by our great owner.

oh, and Long Live Paul Allen. I am extremely happy with what he has done with that team.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Kevin Mchale was a MoFo in the day.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!