So, what happens to Bama DC Joe Kines?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

So, what happens to Bama DC Joe Kines?

Post by King Crimson »

he's had some great D's at Bama......to Texas? it would be a good move by the wacky Mackster IMO. if there's a higher profile DC job open i'm not aware of it.

or is it Akina's job by succession after serving as #2 for Bull Reese (snicker), Greg Robinson, and Chizik.

if the answer to Kines fate exist already in one of the Bama threads, i s'pologize....didn't see it.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Believe the Heupel wrote:I've heard that Akina is the guy
Word on the street is that the Bowl game will be Akina's audition. All goes well then no more co-cordinators. If not then Mack goes and gets someone else to run the defense.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Texas is also looking at Randy Shannon (Def Coor The "U") and Jerry Gray. Kines name has also been mentioned. I can't see Mack going with Akina only. Duane is a good coach and has done a good job with our secondary. He recruited and molded Michael Huff, Michael Griffin, Cedric Griffith, Terrel Brown and Aaron Ross. I just don't see him as the one making the calls for the defense.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

it's not out of the question for Texas to name Akina the DC and still bring in Kines as the LB coach. They brought in Dick Tomey to coach the DE and one year later he was a head coach.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: So, what happens to Bama DC Joe Kines?

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

King Crimson wrote:if there's a higher profile DC job open i'm not aware of it.
Notre Dame's could be. The Michigan and USC games out front told me so.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Just a rumor right now but the Bama boards have been saying all afternoon Kines to Texas.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

King Crimson wrote:or is it Akina's job by succession after serving as #2 for Bull Reese (snicker), Greg Robinson, and Chizik.
If SU fan applied the same standard to Robinson that they did to Pasqualoni, he'd be available to reclaim his old job.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
King Crimson wrote:or is it Akina's job by succession after serving as #2 for Bull Reese (snicker), Greg Robinson, and Chizik.
If SU fan applied the same standard to Robinson that they did to Pasqualoni, he'd be available to reclaim his old job.

Cuse fan is still bedazzled by those new retina scorching unis to notice. As a resident of the Denver area, even though Greg Robinson has two rings with the Donkeys.....he sucked. Shanahan spotted him a two TD lead in every game in the late 90's. Robinson was also the architect of teh KC-Indy playoff game where Indy scored every time they had the ball. the only good thing i've seen from Robinson was his one year at UT.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

I credit Dick Tomey for the defense that year.