I'll take a Blazer... lightly smoked.

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

montinelevin
Chiming For Fags

I'll take a Blazer... lightly smoked.

Post by montinelevin »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Mods, do you think we could get a separate "Van acts like a tard" thread.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wasn't for lack of Brandon Rookie Of the Year, though, was it?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
montinelevin
Chiming For Fags

Post by montinelevin »

Mr. Roy can play.

but I've been saying that well before he and the fuskies got robbed against uConn.
Believe the Heupel wrote:Mods, do you think we could get a separate "Van acts like a tard" thread.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The way he has stepped onto the floor, in his first freaking games, and absolutely made the team his, is remarkable.

Heck, the biggest Black Hole in the league, MeBo Randolph is even buying into it...impressive.

And the #2 pick in the draft and the best player in the NCAA last year hasn't even come to the party yet.

.500 ball...two games in. This rebuilding thing is looking like it's finally going to pay some dividends...Blazerfan isn't used to losing.

But Old Nelly has coached a game or two in his day. I thought he was crazy early in the game, with the rapid lineup changes, and the ever-changing defensive alignments. But dude wasn't as crazy as I thought...he knew what he was doing -- the ever-changing defense confused the young team, and they were never really sure how to attack it. As soon as Nate got them to understand how to attack what the Warriors were showing, Nelly would change it. It made it very hard to get the ball into Randolph, the workhorse in the low post.

Well coached game by Nelson. Good thing, since it sounds like Oakland was ready to run the guy out of town on a rail a couple of days ago.

The Blazers are looking MUCH better than expected to this point. Might even find my way to the home opener tomorrow night.
montinelevin
Chiming For Fags

Post by montinelevin »

Dins in the "Rose Garden"?

I can see it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's "The Rose Garden Arena"...dammit.

The Rose Garden is a park...has been for over 100 years. Gotten laid there, lots of times. I still haven't managed to get laid in the arena...I will.

I generally tend to drink a goodly amount when I hit up a game...which I actually do fairly frequently.
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

Dinsdale wrote:The way he has stepped onto the floor, in his first freaking games, and absolutely made the team his, is remarkable.
RACK. Roy is so fucking $.
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dude...our "neighbors" at the Seahawk game monday night claimed they were sparing us an asswhooping for the Blazer gear(I'll do Blazer gear in Junkytown...I've got to be feeling pretty jiggy to go with anything U of O up there...bad, bad, bad idea), because "Fuck...you have BRoy...we can't hate you."

So, I had THAT going for me. Well, that and about 20 $7 putrid-assed Budweisers in me.

And wtf? They pretty much throw your ass in jail if you light a cigarette in the stadium, yet of the ~60K people in attendence, I probably smoked weed with about 20,000 of them(I think one of them was a cop/security...but things were getting pretty hazy by that point).

And you wonder why the Proper U&Lers laugh at you?
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Dinsdale wrote:And the #2 pick in the draft and the best player in the NCAA last year hasn't even come to the party yet.
Don't kid yourself. He wasn't even the best player on his team.

Sin,

Trust me. I didn't miss a game.

It's gonna take dude a WHILE to step up to NBA standards. If he even cares.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PrimeX wrote:He wasn't even the best player on his team.

Uhm, MY team took him with a fatty draft pick...he IS the best NCAA player from last year, end of discussion.

If he even cares.

Huh? Please tell me we didn't pick up Arius Miles* Jr.? Please?

So far, he definitely hasn't come across like a Derrick Coleman Miles. Rather the opposite, actually.

But no one here, be it fan, coach, or management thought he was going too far his first couple of years. He's even said he has much to learn about defense and NBA footwork and whatsuch.

Seems like a pretty darn likable fellow, so far.

* - btw, Arius needs more surgery, although not as much as we had hoped. But good news, nonetheless. Even better news is that he's having the surgery in NY. That's right...the rest of the NBA is officially put on notice...

WE'RE BACK, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Then again, as bad as the Knicks are, they'll probably still beat the Blazers at the MSG, since they'll be in the same state as our cancer.

What just a few months ago seemed like a far off dream is now suddenly in reach. I'm truly shocked at what's transpired on the floor so far this season. This team doesn't get better every game -- they get better every minute. If management does the right things(unlikely, given the absolute clownshow the front office is these days), that next banner will be flying soon.

What's even more shocking, is that Zach Randolph...ZeBo...StatsBo...MeBo...the guy myself, and every other Blazerfan hated, is a legitimate MVP candidate at this early point in the season. But if he finishes the season the same way he's played the first 5 games, he's got to be the most no-brainer MVP pick in a long time. Tim and Kevin Who? Dude is becoming the player we thought he could be years ago.

We just hope Mr. Roy's injury heals quickly, and is nothing chronic.

And Juan Dixon is the best 6th man we've had in a long time, too.

Yeah, buddy. I guess we've now punished Paul Allen enough, and are ready to bury the hatchet -- there was a coupla years there where he sucked so much ass, that we wouldn't buy his overpriced tickets, as much as we wanted to. The healing process has begun(until he does something stupid again, which he will), and they even dropped most of the ticket prices WAY the hell down. $99 for 25 nosebleeders? Can't beat that with a stick.

Blazermania has returned. The incredible home court advantage we used to enjoy for decades is coming back.

RIP CITY, ALLLLRIGHT!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

27 points?

Thank Zach Randolph for the biggest meltdown in your entire franchise history, NO/OKC.

Oh well...what so you expect from a team that can't even decide what city it's from?

Ime Udoka doing some damage...sweet. Ime is a Portland kid, who was a standout at perrennial powerhouse Jefferson High (sup Aaron Mile, Michael Lee, Brandon Bishop, and a bunch of other names), and waived going to a big name college program, and stayed home and played fpor Portland State, which was pretty huge, since PSU scrapped their hoops program for quite a few years(can't remember if Ime's class was the first year back for thew program, but right around there...and they're begging to do well). Ime played a couple of games for a couple of teams over the last couple of years, but never got anywhere. This past summer, he basically showed up to Blazers camp and said "I'm here to play for my team." And since management needed to buy some love, and since Ime rocks the party, the signed him...and he's been a great addition. Great story, that Ime Udoka.

All those "experts" who all picked the Blazers to finish dead-last in the entire NBA are probably feeling a little foolish right now.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PrimeX wrote: It's gonna take dude a WHILE to step up to NBA standards. If he even cares.
Good call, Nostradamus.

Dude freaking PWNS!!!!!

5-for-9 in 19 minutes in his first game, coming off an unjury...to go along with his SIX offensive boards. If that skinny shit owns the paint now(did a nice job on Garnett last night), I can only imagine what he'll do when he learns where the weight room is.

And our little late first-round scrub, Sergio Rodriguez might make people forget all about Magic Johnson and Oscar Robertson. OK, he might make people forget who Jarrett Jack is, anyway. Dude had 8 assists (as opposed to one turnover, outstanding ratio) last night...and he didn't get in the game until the 4th quarter. Freaking sick. The Blazers have traditionally been known as a run-and-gun team, and I've never seen a player, at ANY level on any team, play at the feverish pace this guy does.

So, let's see, with our multitude of first round picks, we came away with:

-LaMarcus, who looks like a natural stepping up to the bigboys. A frontcourt of Zach Randolph(serious MVP candidate, in case you haven't been paying attention...has probably the sickest stats of any player in the league) and Aldridge...are you kidding?

-Brandon Rookie Of the Year. He's out for a couple of weeks, but as Zach said "just hand him the ROY after one game...it's not even close."

-Sergio. He's 20 freaking years old. And after 14 minutes of play so far, already looks like the best passer the NBA has seen in 20 years.

I know that based upon the past few seasons, it's been easy to forget about the Blazers.

Not anymore.

The NBA has been put on notice.

We're back, bitches.

The banner collection will be growing in the forseeable future.

Don't fuck this up, Management.

RACK Nate McMillen
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

montinelevin
Chiming For Fags

Post by montinelevin »

It looks like the Warriors aren't the only team that likes their Blazers... lightly smoked.

LeBron seems to enjoy them. They be a tasty meal, when they come to town.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yet still almost came back.

How bout that Sergio Rodriguez?

What, he had 8 assists in 20 minutes or so?

The NBA should be very afraid of the Blazers right now. Especially since our best defender is injured, and our best overall player is injured.

You fuckers are in troooouuuuuble.

When was the last time That Team That's Ashamed To Tell People What City They're From Warriors even made the playoffs, anyway? Wasn't like Chris Mullen playing there or something?
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Dinsdale wrote:
How bout that Sergio Rodriguez?
Has he learned how to putt yet?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

You didn't catch that game last night, Roz? The one featuring the Blazers against the Cleaveland LeBrons?

Sergio Roriguez is just freaking SICK.

SICK, I tell you.

But don't take my word for it...the rest of the country will be finding out soon enough. Won't be long before ESPN attaches themselves to his jock. IMO, he's already easily the best ball-handler in the NBA...after a few games. And once he actually learns something...forgetaboutit.

You guys are fucked.
montinelevin
Chiming For Fags

Post by montinelevin »

Looks like the boys from the bay... are taking the rednecks from Sacrahoma out.

It's nice to see this in HD. You can catch the game on TNT.

Gotta love the small ball!