Bobby Clarke's reign is finally nearing the end

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Bobby Clarke's reign is finally nearing the end

Post by The Rat Pack »

He'll be run out of town at some point this season. They're in the cellar...and not coming out of it. imo Waiving the team won't help him.

The Flyers are a complete disaster. Niittymaki is taking a cortisone shot before every game. How much longer can that keep up for? If something happens they're back with Esche. blah

I wager he'll be gone before Christmas break. A bonus would be the clown coach walking the plank with him.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Bobby Clarke's reign is finally nearing the end

Post by jiminphilly »

The Rat Pack wrote:He'll be run out of town at some point this season. They're in the cellar...and not coming out of it. imo Waiving the team won't help him.

The Flyers are a complete disaster. Niittymaki is taking a cortisone shot before every game. How much longer can that keep up for? If something happens they're back with Esche. blah

I wager he'll be gone before Christmas break. A bonus would be the clown coach walking the plank with him.

^^ Nice prediction.. Flyers fans have been clamoring for Clarke to be gone a long time ago. I liked Hitch but his playing style is predictable. He also wasn't given the best talent to work with on the defensive side of the ice.

Seems like this year is a throw-away year as they rebuild.
BrantfordBudFan
Crack Whore

Post by BrantfordBudFan »

fix
Eternal Scobode

Re: Bobby Clarke's reign is finally nearing the end

Post by fix »

The Rat Pack wrote:He'll be run out of town at some point this season. They're in the cellar...and not coming out of it. imo Waiving the team won't help him.

:shock:

Nice call..

Feel free to PM me the numbers for this week's 649 will you.
TIA...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Flyers have been a total disappointment. I always considered them in the group with the Wings, Avs, Stars and Devils over this past decade or so but they're the only one out of those big spending teams that never could win the big prize at the end. Between the fact Forsberg is probably never going to stay healthy, their blueline is big and slow and their goaltending is still in flux...this doesn't look like their situation was going to get any better any time soon. They do have some nice pieces to build around...Gagne, Richards, Carter, Pitkanen and Niittymaki.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Good riddance to bad rubbish, why in the hell did the Flyers sign Captain Kangaroo to a 2 year extension then can his sorry ass?

From what I was hearing on Home Ice, Clarke wanted to quit after the 3rd game of the season.
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

Wow, I think that's the first prediction Rat has ever gotten right! Nice work.
Tiger Williams wrote:"... some snot-nosed little fuck that isn't going to break a nail is going to score 50 goals and he's never driven to the net in his life. He's never stood in front with Moose Dupont giving him 89 cross checks in the back of the head."
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

i don't think it's a stretch to say the flyers never recovered from the debacles in '97 and '00. they were clear favorites in 97 and got absolutely steamrolled by a wings team just starting a dynasty run. then in '00 the epic meltdown in the east finals against jersey when they were up 3-1 and blew it. and yeah i know the flyers went seven with tampa in 04, but i never expected the flyers to win the deciding game, just would be too different out of them.

other than that, this is KARMA BITCH for how bob treated, above all, roger neilson RIP, and the rest of the coaches he screwed with like douchbags.

shoalz, while the flyers had significant regular season success, i never considered them on the level of the wings, stars, avalanche, etc. because #1 no cups, and #1 the wings front office wasn't run by a bunch of fucking boobs like in philly.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
other than that, this is KARMA BITCH for how bob treated, above all, roger neilson RIP, and the rest of the coaches he screwed with like douchbags.
Indeed, I thought that was the most classless thing a fellow human could do, firing a coach suffering from cancer. Hard to win Cups with goalies like Esche, Cechmanek, and Burke.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:shoalz, while the flyers had significant regular season success, i never considered them on the level of the wings, stars, avalanche, etc. because #1 no cups, and #1 the wings front office wasn't run by a bunch of fucking boobs like in philly.

Clarke and the goaltending ultimately was the difference between them and the other championship teams of the last decade. Clarke drafts well...I'll give him that but he doesn't know how to build a team like Holland, Lacroix, Gainey and Lamiorello (sp). The Wings were really the only team out that group that won with a lesser goalie...although Vernon is a borderline Hall of Famer and Osgood has over 300 wins. The Flyers never had a goalie on par with Brodeur, Roy and Belfour. '97 was probably their best team but you said it, the Wings were just breaking the surface on a mini-dynasty...there wasn't a team that was going to deny Detroit that time after the Devils worked them over in '95 and the Avs slapped them around in '96 after having that great regular season.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Shoalzie wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:shoalz, while the flyers had significant regular season success, i never considered them on the level of the wings, stars, avalanche, etc. because #1 no cups, and #1 the wings front office wasn't run by a bunch of fucking boobs like in philly.

Clarke and the goaltending ultimately was the difference between them and the other championship teams of the last decade.
That about sums up Clarke in a nutshell. He has been v e r y slow to react to change and never truly found a way to address goal tending issue. He finally had a goalie but did nothing this year to put speed on the back line to support the forwards. I think Hitch could be predictable but he wasn't given much to succeed with.

Forsberg was given the C this year and hasn't exactly wowed me with his leadership during this losing streak.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

The Fat Guy will land of his big feet somewhere. In Dallas, the problem with Hitch is that everyone liked him....except the players. If he walked into the Stars' arena, he'd get a LONG standing ovation. And Brett Hull actually liked him BUT just didn't like the style of play he ran. I'll assume there was more of the same in Philly. Dude loves to coach, though. And will be successful again...at least until the Hulls and Jagrs of the world get sick of being asked to bust their asses on defense. Till then, he'll probably go to Edmonton, work at the bike store, and maybe go to a Civil War re-enactment or two. Or he could just hang out in Dallas.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

Mustang wrote:Till then, he'll probably go to Edmonton,

I'm locking the doors right now.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Cicatrix wrote:
Mustang wrote:Till then, he'll probably go to Edmonton,

I'm locking the doors right now.
I think the Oil's coaching scene is fairly solid. Would they really want anything with Stars ties there? I just know he's from Edmonton and worked at a bike shop (of course he never rode them) there while getting into coaching. He's actually a great guy and did a great job selling hockey in Dallas (hmmm...a good team didn't hurt), was very accessible to the media and always said the right things. Somehow though, I don't thing hockey needs to be sold in Edmonton.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Phoenix will go 0-3 for the rest of the week.

Gretzky will fire himself on Monday.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."