The most amazing thing I've seen.....

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

The most amazing thing I've seen.....

Post by Felix »

on a golf course..........

I was playing last week at my home course with this big kid (prolly 24 or 25, about 6'4" maybe 240) from Montana.......

we get to this hole......

and he hits a drive like I've never seen before........started it out to the right over the group of trees on the right hand side with a draw.....when I say he hit it, it sounded like a cannon when he made contact.......

now understand that I'd already played 16 holes with this kid and there was no hint that he possessed the kind of power he displayed on this hole.......

from the tees we were playing from, the hole measures 514 yards.........when we arrived at his ball, he was exactly 103 yards from the green.......doing simple mathematics, this equates to a drive of 411 yards!!!!! Like I say, I've never seen a ball hit like that......

nice thing about it, he flips a sandwedge to about 12 feet and cans the eagle putt........

it's the longest drive I've ever seen hit........and that includes 2 long drive tournaments I've been to....there was no wind......

not too many things amaze me on a golf course anymore, but this definitely had the WOW factor........
get out, get out while there's still time
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Downhill? Dried out fairway?

If he cut the corner how much yardage off did that take?

I golf regularly with a guy that hits some monster drives.. and I've seen him nail a couple pretty damn close to 400+ yards as well.
One of these days I might actually learn my lesson, concentrate on my own game and finally give up trying to outdrive him...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

JaysFan wrote:Downhill? Dried out fairway?
no and no........
If he cut the corner how much yardage off did that take?
maybe 20 yards max......
One of these days I might actually learn my lesson, concentrate on my own game and finally give up trying to outdrive him...
I've never tried to stay with guys that hit it a long way, so I have no idea what you're talking about.......... :lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Is anybody particularly shocked by Ken's absence from this thread?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:Is anybody particularly shocked by Ken's absence from this thread?

he may be mourning the US showing at the Ryder Cup.......
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

JaysFan wrote:If he cut the corner how much yardage off did that take?
Word. As I'm sure Felix knows, yardages aren't measured as the crow flies. Still, doesn't look to be too hard of a dogleg in the picture. A hell of a drive.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

What's the altitude at that course?
E UNUM PLURIBUS