scritti
The Internationalist

the Mechanics are hiring

Post by scritti »

Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

"Cheli and Derian made the transition a little easier," said Smolinski, who lives in the Detroit area and owns the Auto Lab in Farmington Hills. "They broke the ice. And I'm not as prolific as they are, so I'm just here to play hockey."
Uhhhh, oh, alright Bryan!! You're just there to play hockey?? Then it's OK. Fuck those other guys who are there to make money, right?
Still a FlameFan
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

For every NHLPA player that plays in a league like that, makes me hate the NHLPA even more. If they really care and the game of hockey :roll: why not pay for ice time with your own money and play? I am not sure what ice time is in every arena in every city, but 22-30 players making $10,000 a month each could probably afford it.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

I'm cool with a guy like Scott Gomez playing for his hometown team, but this is getting insane. Too bad the UHL doesn't have a veterans maximum like the ECHL. (4 players with over 4 seasons pro experience)
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

For a moment, I thought that Mike Rutherford was putting another band together. :P
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

I kinda miss Sean Avery.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=114580&hubName=nhl

Some UHL players aren't happy with NHL players taking playing time from minor league players already on the roster.

"In all businesses, there's always changes. I'm here to earn a spot," Avery said. "I haven't heard anything. If someone wants to talk to me about it, I'm sure they will. They know where to find me.

"If (a player) doesn't want me to take his job he should work harder," he added to Toronto's The Fan 590 radio station. "Work harder until he's good enough to make the NHL then I wont be able to take his job."

:lol:
Defense wins championships.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Avery scored 2 goals? How the hell did that happen?

Signed,
Los Angeles Kings
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

See sig...I think it's a joke. I dig the fact they want to play hockey but get a fuckin' deal done and then you can play with the rest of their millionaire buddies. I feel bad for the guys that these NHLers are stealing minutes from. They make their teams more talented but it has to screw with chemistry when you add players of this caliber to a lineup of guys with no chance of making it to the NHL.

I would like to RACK Sean Avery...I heard a couple sound bites from him on FSN tonight. He had a couple of good Bettman blasts. He wants him to just call off the season already. It's clear that the players don't like Bettman and they aren't afraid to hold their tongues about it anymore. Some wouldn't say anything before...just a few rebels here and there but now it's open season on him.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Sean Avery is an idiot, evidenced by the quotes posted by Blitzkrieg. Either that, or he's just "agitating" like usual.

If he wants to take shots at the leadership of this debacle, he should take them at Goodenow. He's the guy leading the lemmings off the cliff so that 15% of the membership can keep their multi-million dollar contracts while the rest are lucky to make $1M for one season.

WAR Bettman bending Goodenow over a boardroom table
Still a FlameFan
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Avery can kiss my ass. I heard a sound bite from that idiot where he basically said, "We don't bag groceries, we work hard...." Fuck you Avery. If it wasn't for hockey you wouldn't even be smart enough to get a job as a pack-boy. Besides that fact, the guy bagging groceries for a living probably has to save up for a couple of months just to see one game.

This is elitist mentality of the NHLPA, and why fans have grown to despise them.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

Hapday wrote:Avery can kiss my ass. I heard a sound bite from that idiot where he basically said, "We don't bag groceries, we work hard...." Fuck you Avery. If it wasn't for hockey you wouldn't even be smart enough to get a job as a pack-boy. Besides that fact, the guy bagging groceries for a living probably has to save up for a couple of months just to see one game.

This is elitist mentality of the NHLPA, and why fans have grown to despise them.
uh rack that...just once i would love to see a hockey player walk a mile in the shoes of the common man.
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Rack Hap's comments!!!

Avery didn't score tonight, but he certainly racked up his share of DUMB penalties, as any Kings fan can attest to:

1st
Motor City Mechanics, Avery (High Sticking) 2 minutes, 1:09
Motor City Mechanics, Avery (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) 2 minutes, 3:24

2nd
Motor City Mechanics, Avery (Fighting) 5 minutes, 9:18

3rd
Motor City Mechanics, Avery (Spearing srv by 22) 4 minutes, 14:14
Motor City Mechanics, Avery (Fighting) 5 minutes, 14:14

(So you speared the guy and then dropped the gloves? The Broad Street Bullies would be proud)

18 minutes in the box tonight Sean, very impressive, how about 20 in your next game.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

JD wrote:Sean Avery is an idiot, evidenced by the quotes posted by Blitzkrieg.

I've met Sean Avery, he's not an idiot. He's not genius either. At worst I'd call him a loudmouth punk, at best I'd call him passionionate.

There isn't a guy in the league that wouldn't love to have a Sean Avery on his team.
Either that, or he's just "agitating" like usual.

Nope, Sean was right but what he said was disrespectful to the guys already in the AHL. IMHO, Nhler's have no business taking guys jobs in the minors.

It was a bait post BTW.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Blitzkrieg wrote:

I've met Sean Avery, he's not an idiot. He's not genius either. At worst I'd call him a loudmouth punk, at best I'd call him passionionate.

There isn't a guy in the league that wouldn't love to have a Sean Avery on his team.

Nope, Sean was right but what he said was disrespectful to the guys already in the AHL. IMHO, Nhler's have no business taking guys jobs in the minors.

It was a bait post BTW.

Avery is the dumbest agitator in league. You can bait him into a 4minute penalty at the drop of a dime.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Adelpiero wrote:
Blitzkrieg wrote:

It was a bait post BTW.

Avery is the dumbest agitator in league. You can bait him into a 4minute penalty at the drop of a dime.
2, 2 minute penalties for what?

Is there a new 4 minute "tarding" penalty?
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Blitzkrieg wrote:I've met Sean Avery, he's not an idiot. He's not genius either. At worst I'd call him a loudmouth punk, at best I'd call him passionionate.
Whether or not Sean Avery is or was generally an idiot is unknown to me. But those comments were idiotic... ignorant as you say. Hence my assessment: idiot.
Still a FlameFan
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

For having all those NHLers, their attendance still sucks...1500 in a 3400 capacity building. :lol:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Here's a photo gallery from the Free Press of behind the scenes with the Mechanics. :lol:

http://www.freep.com/photos/2005/mechan ... /index.htm
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Blitzkrieg wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:
Blitzkrieg wrote:

It was a bait post BTW.

2, 2 minute penalties for what?

Is there a new 4 minute "tarding" penalty?
2 for roughing, 2 for numerous stick incidents(trying to bait other player into fighting) or 2 roughing, and 2 for arguing with ref. take your choice!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Adel is correct, Avery takes dumb penalties and contributes nothing on special teams.