What kind of crappy spam is this?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

What kind of crappy spam is this?

Post by Van »

Every single day for the last two weeks or so I get this weird sort of spam e-mail. It's always from a different sender "name", and it's always a fairly normal sounding name like "Jane Stephens" or "Claudius Lamb"...

The name changes every time but each time the text is in a similar fashion. It always appears to be an excerpt from something, and it never has any paragraph spacing or too much else in the way of proper punctuation...

They always look like this, which was today's edition...

That has beendone hundreds of times-only in a worse way. Reeder walked to the open door and entered.
The probabilities arethat she did not; but she hated Mr. Reeder put down the instrument, feeling limp and moist.
His housekeeper came in at that moment with his tea-tray and set it downon the table. There will be a squeak louder than abus brake!
He had once, for reasonsof expediency, described her as his wife. The theatre was the Orpheum, home of transpontine drama, and theplay was The Fires of Vengeance. His knees trembled beneath him andhis heart entered his throat at the narrowest end.
I had better havethat protection until he comes out-After he comes out, you mean?
Liski cast-um-a reflection uponour department, sir?
Reeder surveyed him benevolently over his glasses. Youre aclever woman: I dont know a cleverer. She listened, at first dumbfounded and then with a gurgle of amusement.
It was the judges curt postscriptwhich made him wince. Weve had Liski twice, but well organised perjury has saved him.
Released from prison, he decided that the moment was not ripe for areturn to India. To the top floor of a building in Regent Street Mr. And just now Ive got one of the biggestdeals on that Ive ever touched. There were no windows except one someeighteen inches square, the top of which was near the ceiling.
Fenalow told this story, with curious results.
I tell you this in case-er-it may be useful. It was Ras Lalsassistant, and he nearly swooned with joy.
He was so annoyed that the lighter exchanges of humour he had plannedslipped from his memory. His forgeries were well-nighundetectable, but Mr.
Reeder solemnly, because I look so remarkable inevening dress. I only keep this placeto get-in and put-out.
With the muzzle of the pistol stuck intohis back, Mr. The probabilities arethat she did not; but she hated Mr. Oh, yes, I remember seeingthe attendants sell them.
The greater part of a month passed before he showed any apparentinterest in the case. But neitherRas Lal nor his companion in misfortune was visible. That was the disturbing thought that kept Mr. I only keep this placeto get-in and put-out.
Reeder scratched his nose and said gently, that he thought so. Take Inspector Greyash with you and superintend the raid, were hisinstructions.

Wtf? Anybody know the story behind this crap?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Trollfessor
Mary Ann tried harder, Ginger was better

Post by Trollfessor »

Those are from The Alliance and are infected with the prostheticcock.exe virus. There is no known cure, sorry.
Cult of tomas Oracle
NOT gay, just...HOLY.

Post by Cult of tomas Oracle »

I've seen that too van. You're a cool dude when you wanna be. You could be a strong counterpoint to Dinsdale.
The Oracle of tomas has spoken
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
lk_pick1
Elwood

Re: What kind of crappy spam is this?

Post by lk_pick1 »

Van wrote:Every single day for the last two weeks or so I get this weird sort of spam e-mail. It's always from a different sender "name", and it's always a fairly normal sounding name like "Jane Stephens" or "Claudius Lamb"...
That's normal sounding? You're a trekkie, aren't you.
Jim Everett
Crack Whore

Post by Jim Everett »

I could of swore, when you said crappy spam, we would of been redirected to:

Web Page Name

^^^^^
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Trollfessor wrote:Those are from The Alliance and are infected with the prostheticcock.exe virus. There is no known cure, sorry.
Well played. The Alliance often sends a similar virus to me hidden within a Windows Media file of Iron Maiden's "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
why is my neighborhood on fire
YD
Michael McDonald

Post by YD »

Dinsdale wrote:viewtopic.php?t=17798
soooo this is all

??????
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

But seriously Van...

1999 called...they want the defective brain they gave you back.

Props on being the only person on the planet who doesn't know how spammers get around spam filters.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: What kind of crappy spam is this?

Post by Van »

lk_pick1 wrote:
Van wrote:Every single day for the last two weeks or so I get this weird sort of spam e-mail. It's always from a different sender "name", and it's always a fairly normal sounding name like "Jane Stephens" or "Claudius Lamb"...
That's normal sounding? You're a trekkie, aren't you.
Hell no. I hate Sci-Fi. I've never seen a single Star Wars or Star Trek flick.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van...just do it.

Because I don't think I've EVER seen somebody with "Future Trekkie HoF Inductee" on their forehead like you do.

JTR included.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dinsdale wrote:But seriously Van...

1999 called...they want the defective brain they gave you back.

Props on being the only person on the planet who doesn't know how spammers get around spam filters.
You're missing the point of my question.

I'm not asking how it's done. I don't really care. I'm asking WTF are those things (meaning, where are they from, since they definitely seem like literary excerpts), who's doing it, and why would they even bother?

That's really what it comes down; ie, why would someone bother to send out non sequitous weirdness like that to random people? How does it benefit the sender?

Like most poeple (or so I'd guess) it's not unusual for me to receive at least a little e-mail spam every now and then. This recent series of literary excerpts is unusual though in that it's been a steady program of one per day and it's always literary in theme. This recent spell just has me curious as to its derivation...

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dinsdale wrote:Van...just do it.

Because I don't think I've EVER seen somebody with "Future Trekkie HoF Inductee" on their forehead like you do.

JTR included.
I guarantee you you're far more of a Trekkie/Star Wars/D&D Geek than me. I've never been one and I never could be one.

Tolkien is it for me, plain and simple, in terms of the Sci-Fi and Fantasy genres. I'll never give a single look to anything else in either genre.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote: I guarantee you you're far more of a Trekkie/Star Wars/D&D Geek than me.
Dude, are you running for the gold in the Dumbass Olympics?

Since I have never once read anything by:

Tolkien

It would seem that your hollow "guarantee" is about as dumb as everything else you've been posting as of late.

And Star Wars isn't "geekfare," it's Americana(with heavy doses of British influence)....not that you'd understand "Americana," you Jap-loving piece of unAmerican doo-doo.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I don't stand corrected. You're the typical U&L coffee, meth and comic books addled twerp.