T1B's Hall Of Fame inductees...

The best of the best
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

T1B's Hall Of Fame inductees...

Post by Van »

In honor of the recent goings on in Canton and the HOF debates we've been having here of late I was struck with the basic thought that even this place deserves its own HOF.

Hell, if people as undeserving as Warren Moon and Dan Hampton can be enshrined in Canton (while Art Monk remains an outsider looking in) then surely this place is also fertile ground for some HOF debate...

I'm thinking something along the lines of MLB's initial HOF inductees, where they enshrined the absolute no brainer five original legends of the sport:

Walter Johnson
Christy Mathewson
Ty Cobb
Honus Wagner
Babe Ruth

(Hmmm...Why wasn't Cy Young also included in that first class of inductees?)

Now, unlike MLB, there's two tricky issues to first sort out here:

-Quality, vs Impact? On the one hand, do we only select people who are just damn fucking outstanding as posters? Or, do we take a broader approach and go with the posters who most shape this board in terms of their everyday impact on the tone and tenor of the place? Guys like that might actually suck, whether it be occasionally or all the time, but the everyday impact of their contributions are undeniable.

Since this place doesn't rely on quantitative comparisons which can be supported by statistical facts I tend to think the latter approach is more feasible.

-Gotta confine it to just what they've done here, at T1B, as opposed to people who've had stellar posting careers over the entire history of these various Jim Rome spin off smack boards but who really don't do all that much on this specific board.

Certainly some of the all time best posters would be no brainers: Euro, Catfish, Jay In Phoenix, MCET, Biggie, Bace, BBQ, Prime, EM, etc. Thing is, really, none of those guys ever brought their usual appetites to this particular table, at least not in anything like their usual measure.

That's about it then. I'm going to say that we ought to confine it to the people who've been the most important here, and only here, and the only other rule would be the Dinsdale Clause, which forbids voting for one's self.

Here goes...

Mvscal: In terms of monolithic consistency even death and taxes fear this guy. Nary a day goes by where we aren't treated to an outright assault by Mvscal, accompanied by his usual flowery parting gifts. Mvscal is one of the two most singularly compelling voices on this board. He's the ultimate lightning rod for debate and Public Enemy Number One to his detractors.

Nick Frisco: (Including any/all of his nics.) The Yang to Mvscal's Yin, the guy who's singularly responsible for that gawdawful signature expression which has now become an absolute catch phrase here, even among his most ardent enemies: "Wakey Wake!"

Pure, undiluted virulence, Nick Frisco, and every bit as consistent as Mvscal. Without Nick, there's no Martyred.

Nick Frisco is the ubiquitous rainbows plastered all over Frisco. You instantly know what it means, and you instantly know where you are, the moment you enter (Nick) Frisco.

Dins: The Poster Child Of T1B. Dins is Everything here: Irreverent, diseased, arrogant, funny, mean spirited, egotistical, salacious, knowledgeable, demented, stubborn, informative, funny, prolific, combative, creative, funny, Zy like and pancake bedecked.

No matter your reason for being here, no matter your posting style or favored subject matter, there's not a one of us here who hasn't been soiled by Dins.

PSU: It's his board, innit? He's no absentee owner either. He's a less self destructive Dins, with a healthier liver, a tiny modicum of conscience and at least a slightly less loathsome opinion of the Entire Human Condition.

PSU is omnipresent here. No thread is safe.

Oh yeah...He's also a consistently good poster, to boot.

Moorese: I'm not even sure that a lot of what he's famous for was even originally posted on this board, but I think enough of it was that I'll run the risk of having to stand corrected if I'm wrong.

The Gayle Sayers of smack. Not particularly prolific, and half the people here probably know him as much by legend as by anything they ever saw with their own two eyes in person, but hey, Gayle Sayers is in the HOF, and deservedly so.

Honorable Mentions, aka, Not Exactly Going to Have to Wait For The Veteran's Committee To Vote 'Em In:

Mgo
Bsmack
Dio
TVO
TiC
Martyred
The Seer
TWIB
Fester

Knowing how maudlin and downright shitty the acceptance speeches usually are at these HOF soirees at least we oughtta get our money's worth this time when Dins and Moorese take their turns at the mic...

I just can't imagine seeing Rayfield Wright calling the audience a load of hemorrhaging douchebags and I can't imagine John Madden sporting an impaled dwarf as he jauntily saunters up for his shining moment at the lectern...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
rozy
Cowboy

Re: T1B's Hall Of Fame inductees...

Post by rozy »

Van wrote:Certainly some of the all time best posters would be no brainers: Euro, Catfish, Jay In Phoenix, MCET, Biggie, Bace, BBQ, Prime, EM, etc. Thing is, really, none of those guys ever brought their usual appetites to this particular table, at least not in anything like their usual measure.
Nothing to this table? How about YOUR ability to hit the submit button, SKIPPY. Pfffft, pissin' on a guy that holds the keys. I bet someone OTHER than your Mom makes the best spaghetti...

And no mention of HH means you better come up with a danged ole good reason why I don't SHITCAN this travesty POST HASTE!!

The Seer? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Martyred? :lol: :lol: :lol: Dude doesn't even know who's troll he is...

Oh, I vote for Dinsvscal, FWIW.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

with a healthier liver
But for how long? Suffice to say, if he falters again, I'll run him down
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

WGARA

No wait, I get it.
Van's trolling for somebody to step up and say "well, you should be on the list too, Van".

:meds:

GFY ya fucking poser.

Personally I prefer posters like myself, batting average close to the Mendoza line, but without us hanging around most of the time there wouldn't be any T1B.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

My eyebrows went up at Dio,
I smirked a little at TVO,
Busted right out laughing at Martytard the jew hater.

Didn't get much past that.

Van - you trying to make this place the WNBA of message boards?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

rozy wrote:
Van wrote:Certainly some of the all time best posters would be no brainers: Euro, Catfish, Jay In Phoenix, MCET, Biggie, Bace, BBQ, Prime, EM, etc. Thing is, really, none of those guys ever brought their usual appetites to this particular table, at least not in anything like their usual measure.
Nothing to this table? How about YOUR ability to hit the submit button, SKIPPY. Pfffft, pissin' on a guy that holds the keys. I bet someone OTHER than your Mom makes the best spaghetti...
No bullshittin' here, I honestly don't get what you mean there...

Are you saying those guys DO bring their usual appetite here? Or, that I don't? Or, something else all together?

You lost me there, chief.
And no mention of HH means you better come up with a danged ole good reason why I don't SHITCAN this travesty POST HASTE!!
Volume. To the best of my knowledge HH isn't all that prolific here.

No matter. This thread is your voting card. I gave my votes, now it's on the rest of you to give yours.
The Seer? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dude battles, and he battles nearly every day.
Martyred? :lol: :lol: :lol: Dude doesn't even know who's troll he is...
Just as there was no Team Nutsack minus the lesser danglies that were Elgrande and Cuda there is no Nick's Team Anti America minus Martyred. Martyred is actually more prolific lately than Nick even as he spins Nick's same broken records.
Oh, I vote for Dinsvscal, FWIW.
That's two. HH would be your third. Give us two more.

rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Dadgummit ta heck. You're like takin this all serious and shit.

My badness.

Um, I'll take the agnostic route and say I don't know?

Better?

(I could go all meanie and shit and say like "Van's been posting here for a freaking month and already knows who the PROLIFIC posters are? BWAAHAHAHAHAH." But we're like, long time buds and shit, so.....)

Van's been posting here a freaking month and already knows who the PROLIFIC posters are.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

5?

Biggie
Headhunter
PrimeX (like DUH)
bbqjones
RAYDAH FREAKING JAMES

Any more questions?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mister Bushice wrote:My eyebrows went up at Dio,
I smirked a little at TVO,
Busted right out laughing at Martytard the jew hater.

Didn't get much past that.

Van - you trying to make this place the WNBA of message boards?
Again, I've chosen to prioritize consistent impact over consistent quality. Their quality is at least a subject for debate but there's no getting around the impact on this board felt by "Martyred The Jew Hater", TVO and even Dio.

Haven't seen Dio around too much lately but there've been periods here when Dio was just hammering away like crazy, all over the place.

Mikey, your opinion of my motives regarding anything I say or do means about as much to me as my opinion of most everything you've posted to me in the last six months or so, which is...who cares? Somewhere along the way you just did a complete 180 and you became a bitter cunt towards me.

Your issue, not mine, especially since you never explained the reasons for your change in attitude. Regardless, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Maybe it's because you've become unbearably tedious and full of yourself.

But no, that can't be it. You were always that way.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Rozy, who obviously hasn't been around here much enough himself to know what's been going on here, wrote:Van's been posting here a freaking month and already knows who the PROLIFIC posters are.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Van's Profile

Total posts: 2386
[1.43% of total / 4.29 posts per day]

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Again, I've chosen to prioritize consistent impact over consistent quality. Their quality is at least a subject for debate but there's no getting around the impact on this board felt by "Martyred The Jew Hater", TVO and even Dio.
I don't see HOF material there. It would be like admittting batboys to cooperstown because they were on the same team as babe ruth.
Haven't seen Dio around too much lately but there've been periods here when Dio was just hammering away like crazy, all over the place.
If the HOF has an apse and a sacristy, you are right on track with this pick, dude.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

And already at 4.29 posts per day?

again...BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude, lighten up, it's just a message board.

Oh, good time to nominate Python as well...

g'night..

T1B HOF? After last week, orc should have his own wing...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

e wrote:
Van wrote:
rozy wrote: And no mention of HH means you better come up with a danged ole good reason why I don't SHITCAN this travesty POST HASTE!!
Volume. To the best of my knowledge HH isn't all that prolific here.
not that i care but that didn't prevent you from nominating moorese
And I freely admitted right up front with the nomination that I might be in violation of my own rule in nominating Moorese, and that I'd accept the correction if in fact he's been MIA here.

Moorese was never particularly prolific on any board, not in terms of SG, 'Spray, Cinder or Annie levels of posting, but he seems to've posted here about as frequently as I've seen him post elsewhere.

Then there's the quality and the impact of what (I think) he has posted here.

On those merits, Moorese's in. Now, if I'm completely off base and he's only posted twenty times total here, yep, I stand corrected.

Hell though, even if just some of his posts from his "Greatest Hits" thread were originally posted here I'd include him just for that alone.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Oh, good time to nominate Python as well...
If it were an all boards inclusive vote, without a doubt.

Here? Nah. He rarely posts here.

Yep, Mikey, like you said, I haven't changed. What you see is what you get, same as it's always been. In the same way that you've always been an incredibly milquetoast boring and overwhelmingly pedestrian poster/writer/debater I too have never changed my posting style.

Suddenly don't like it? Rubbed you the wrong way somewhere along the line?

Oh well. It's just a message board. We'll both continue to manage, just fine.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Let me refresh the judge's memory.

HM? You suck!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:
Yep, Mikey, like you said, I haven't changed. What you see is what you get, same as it's always been. In the same way that you've always been an incredibly milquetoast boring and overwhelmingly pedestrian poster/writer/debater I too have never changed my posting style.

Suddenly don't like it? Rubbed you the wrong way somewhere along the line?

Oh well. It's just a message board. We'll both continue to manage, just fine.
Like I said, I'm flirting with the Mendoza line as a poster...and plenty proud of it. But then I'm not the one whining about anybody's low opinion of me.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

This is one of the most prolific examples of how lame and gax this board has become in such a short time. A fucking reach-around thread started by Van? A conceding by Van towards all the posters who have kicked his ass over the last year or so and thinking we give a damn or anyone else who comes here will give a damn. This coming from a underage girl drooling, public restroom wife jizzing, rice rocket jockey Kings fan. He's praising the same posters that have been dominating every board that gets realized from psufan's or rozy's collective brain farts.

Bwahahah the same dude who took the high road when it came to smacking people who dont get it like Annie and me for so long but once he found himself surrounded by the Smaklikvan Cult he had to follow suit and join them in tossing molotov cocktails into the already blazing bonfire of boring, unoriginal smack and become "one of the crowd"

Van, who probably couldnt decipher a Picasso from a jerry springer's whore who paints with her vulva self-portrait, is telling this board deserves such an honor as a Hall of Fame for posters who succeed at making their points, giving substanital material to support those points and then giving no fucks, shits or giggles about what others think and only their point is right, right?

Mvscal is an easy choice ill give you that no one could ever argue with him and win in his mind and he's usually right.

Moorese is concise and to the point, no doubt.

Dinsdale no doubt either he's a good dude even if he gets on everyone's nerves once in while.

Atomic Punk should be on the list though Van, dude's got smack, experience, stories, kicked everyone's ass no matter what mood or day or time of day.

Y2K and JCT should be in too for their additional rants and smack of just about everyone.

But van you should be in there too my man, you see you are beyond a doubt the best person to be enshrined in any hall. I've been having too much of a good day and dont give a shit about anything at the same time so whatever.
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Jess, are your handsausages bleeding yet?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

No, is your brain aneurysing after that brilliant post?
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeeash!

:-)

JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

If I get inducted do I have to kiss my bronze bust?
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Van came out of retirement, to give this place fitty or a HUN posts a day for this?

OK.

Rip City
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bwhaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Rack jtr for blasting PSUfag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dOES KCPAUL'S face look big in my avatar???
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

JCT wrote:If I get inducted do I have to kiss my bronze bust?
No, it only costs you 1 Cuban National Pitcher and/or Prospect.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey wrote:WGARA

No wait, I get it.
Van's trolling for somebody to step up and say "well, you should be on the list too, Van".

:meds:

GFY ya fucking poser.

Personally I prefer posters like myself, batting average close to the Mendoza line, but without us hanging around most of the time there wouldn't be any T1B.
Bingo.

Van, what are you smokin'?

I know the answer is nadda.

Explanation?

No, I don't care.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

In honor of Mikey, I'll give you my Mendoza Line, hanging around, here I am, perfect attendance, bring yer lunch box, blue collar, T1B wouldn't stand up without me, top 5.

The guys in the trenches.
The T1B O-Line.
The grunts.
The Hogs.

LT - Mikey
LG - Cicero
C - Mister Bushice
RG - Diogenes
RT - Shoalzie

Here's to you, Mr I didn't say I was great, but here I am, damn it.

We salute you.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

jess, you suck harder than a saturn 5 main engine fuel pump.

for this reason, you are among my top fivers.

1. jess
2. euronish
3. RUSH
4. fester
5. me.

finally, I make a fuggin' list.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I think we should induct Phoenix Rob kinda like the MLB is inducting Negro Leaguers.

Other nominees:
My Ex-Wife's Bloody Car
50 Minute Solo
All Tickety Boo
That Denver Player Who Was Driving With His Crank
The Doktor
why is my neighborhood on fire
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Van wrote: Honorable Mentions, aka, Not Exactly Going to Have to Wait For The Veteran's Committee To Vote 'Em In:

Dio
TiC
Martyred
The Seer

You forgot Cicero.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Thanks for the love. I am surprised I got any, although I'm sure a lot of you think of me as the skidmark on the underpants of this here board.

1) Dins - I dont know if I like him. I am pretty sure he doesnt like me, but he makes this board worth coming too. The smartest person I have never met.

2) mvscal - Future Secretary of Defense and Honorary Member of the NAACP.

3) Luther - The Tom Landry of the Board

4) Uncle Fester - Funniest mofo on here and the probably takes the board less seriously than anyone.

5) 88 - Fantastic storyteller and rarely have I ever seen him have a bad post.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

If Dins is so smart then why does he live with another man, and why does he not understand that he ain't got no liver warmin' up in the bullpen ... ?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cicero wrote:Thanks for the love. I am surprised I got any, although I'm sure a lot of you think of me as the skidmark on the underpants of this here board.

Just to clarify this “love” you speak of, Sissy, I thought your name rounded out the selection of five of the board’s premier tards. Van has obviously renounced his lifetime vow of sobriety.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:If Dins is so smart then why does he live with another man, and why does he not understand that he ain't got no liver warmin' up in the bullpen ... ?
Think again.

sin

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

poptart wrote:If Dins is so smart then why does he live with another man, and why does he not understand that he ain't got no liver warmin' up in the bullpen ... ?
Hell, his liver has been on the DL pretty much all season. I think his body is gonna put it on waivers soon. Doubt anybody else is gonna pick it up, though.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I think most of us would be more interested in the Hall of Shame inductions.

1. RTS - given several new chances here, he reverted to form each and every time. He's on speaking terms with as many of your bosses as possible.

2. Crown/Sissyroo - an absolute sponge for abuse. Twat Bitch never saw a beatdown that he didn't want to personally pwn.

3. lk_pick - rickshaw driver for the Plunger Patrol. Keeps her scab collection on her face.

4. Biggie - much was promised...so little delivered. An embarrassing and total collapse destined to utterly mar the posting careers of several good folks.

5. KC Paul - hard at work, earning that ignominy.

6. Babs/Fraudo - usually a favorite Board Speed Bag, done in by stalking/threatening/Darwin.

7. MTool - sells chimes, but gives out access free to his pileons.

8. Floyd T. Barber - only the dreaded IP BAN has spared us innumerable gay porn posts.

9. Annie - quitter.

10. Rozy - mod in absentia. RIP.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

PSUFAN wrote:6. Babs/Fraudo - usually a favorite Board Speed Bag, done in by stalking/threatening/Darwin.
Help me out here, I must be missing a line or two on my spreadsheet. Babs was Fraudo? What stalking? What threatening? Darwin? Please do elaborate on this one.

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Amazing that Crown has roughly 200 or so posts around here and he still strikes a nerve w/ PUSFAN.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

If "tiptoeing around holding his asscheeks akimbo and screaming for plungersplinters" is what Crown calls BODE, then he's up on the marquee BIG TIME.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Cicero wrote:Amazing that Crown has roughly 200 or so posts around here and he still strikes a nerve w/ PUSFAN.
TEAM NUTSACK REBORN!
why is my neighborhood on fire
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Moving Sale wrote: Image
R-Jack fucked Shrubber's wife?

Vanner, you're 3 for 5 with your initial nominations. That's a solid F in anybody's grade book
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..