A question about Israel

The best of the best
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Diogenes wrote:
poptart wrote:Mike, were infectious diseases around when God declared His creation to be 'very good' ... ?
And no to the first question.
So, from where did the causative agents for these diseases originate? Were they created as punishment or was that one funky ass apple that bitch ate?
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Mutations of previously existing viruses, of course.

Keeping in mind we actually live in a devolutionary world (and that the question presuposes the validity of the Genesis account).
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Diogenes wrote:Mutations of previously existing viruses, of course.
Aren’t viral and bacterial mutations eerily similar to some facets of evolution?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Genesis 1:31: And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

Genesis 2:17: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Death came before sin .... ? :?

Surely you jest, Mike.

The Bible tells us the EXACT opposite.

Yes, you believe IN God (miraculously), but you do not believe God.

I don't know how much more plain He had to put it.

You sin, you die.

You chose not to digest this portion of God's Word because to do so would mean abandoning the fairy tale notion that man evolved from ........ a rock.

Dins,

You squawk about me being a bigot because you have chosen to focus your attention on what you WANT to believe about me rather than on the larger and much more important message that I've stressed in this thread.

The entire world is caught under the problem of Genesis 3.

That includes you, cowboy.

You're fond of assailing my character and railing against my God, so let's hear about you.

Who is your God .... ?

Who (or what) is it that you serve ... ?
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

stuckinia wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Mutations of previously existing viruses, of course.
Aren’t viral and bacterial mutations eerily similar to some facets of evolution?
Not the unscientific ones.

ImageImage
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Wow, it's like..Rollerama!..in here. We've got gentle Methodists, the eager Baptists, a tang of Calvin, the bold type Fundamentalalist...is there a Catholic? Well, let's let bab's read the benediction:

mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Makes someone with a "primitive superstition" wonder why a self proclaimed "rational" person such as yourself would continue to engage in these discussions.
Perhaps it has somthing to do with that the fact that the intellectual primitives who follow these various, baseless superstitions continue to inflict the planet with death and destruction in the name of whichever "god" happens to be fashionable in the local neighborhood.

And now perhaps bab's will elaborate on these same inflictions upon the planet--the death, destruction and extreme geo-political instability--that he sees following in the wake of such "intellectual primitives" occupying high office, and of the concomitant disasterous effects of millions of such primitives openly supporting--and maintaining--a state like Israel because of this same dangerous primivitism.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'll just say this...we aren't maintaining Israel's military so that they can go on the offensive and start Blitzkrieging nations as they see fit. We maintain their military so that they can defend themselves. Also, we don't cast a blind eye to their nuclear arsenal so that they can market technology to the Chinese and whoever else waves the biggest check in front of their noses. That is nothing less than reprehensible.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

None of them would have died had they the forsight to accept Van as their lord and savior.
Yes they would've...from syphilis.

I'd make one helluva debauched deity, what with all the hotties being declared vestal virgins and whatnot on my behalf...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

poptart wrote:Mike doesn't believe God, mvscal says there is no God, and Van says he IS God.

This thread really blows.
Yes, but I also said Cicero and Carrot Top are God.

You're God too. Jess is also God.

Noobody's ever heard either one speak, as a matter of fact.

Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Allah is one humiliated motherfukker right now.

On the god smackboards he's getting run like WDUNN28 right about now.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

poptart, to Mike, wrote:Yes, you believe IN God (miraculously), but you do not believe God.

He didn't "put" anything. God didn't write the bible. God doesn't write books, or publish them, or even converse with sun stroked desert layabouts.

The bible's a series of books written and re-written by man, often times with politically motivated overseers directing the final edited version.

So, whatever you're reading in the bible, it's just like any other story that changes umpteen times as it gets passed from one person to the next until the last person who gives it to you puts their final spin on it...

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

the bold type Fundamentalalist...
I laughed out loud.

:-)

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

PSUFAN wrote:I'll just say this...we aren't maintaining Israel's military so that they can go on the offensive and start Blitzkrieging nations as they see fit.

....And that's a damn shame......
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSU, in the case of Israel it won't be too very long here before they finally accept and adopt the old adage that the best defense is a good offense.

The Israelis simply cannot afford to stay on the defensive forever, not when the reach of their enemy's rockets is growing to the point that very soon there'll be no safe place in all of Israel. Combine that with Arab raids into Israeli territory to kidnap Israeli soldiers and we're staring at a sitation whereby Israel can no longer continue to sit back and do nothing but build their defenses.

Israel's going to have to move their fences, well into Arab lands. It's going to have to happen in order for them to secure their future survival.

The Arab world blew it. They just fucking blew it. They couldn't leave well enough alone and now they're going to lose so much more.
Last edited by Van on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

They'll have to do so at the hands of another presidential administration, then. Bush's team has spent a lot of money and political capital in encouraging fledgling democracies in places like Lebanon and Iraq.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

This administration only has a short while to go...

Israel has to look at the longer view. Eventually they will act unilaterally, if need be, though truth be told the U.S. is never going to stand in their way when rockets with Iranian fingerprints all over 'em are landing all over Israel.

Once Israel's had enough from Iran and their lap dog Syria Israel will select her targets and quickly eliminate them, and there isn't a damn thing anybody is going to do to stop them.

Israel will soon claim The West Bank, the Golan Heights and southern Leganon and if Syria doesn't start minding their Ps and Q's with a little more discretion, well...

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mo' and mo' BODE keep comin' my way. :lol:

Indonesia tsunami kills more than 300
23,000 displaced as 7.7-magnitude undersea quake creates 6-foot wave

Witnesses from the village in Pangandaran said people shouted
“Tsunami! Tsunami!” and climbed trees or crowded into inland
mosques as the wave approached.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13898913/

:wink:
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Van, have you really considered what Israel IS?

Who are these vile Euro neo-colonialists marauding into a foreign land and clime? Why is it that they've been despised (but notice in the provided list of loooooong persecutions, that the Arabs are NOT on that list) for ALL of their existence?

You speak of a fascist military attack on the Arab world--taking land, destroying property, caging MILLIONS of innocent people.

Do you really know who "Israel" is?

WAKE UP NOW!!!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Van, have you really considered what Israel IS?

Who are these vile Euro neo-colonialists marauding into a foreign land and clime? Why is it that they've been despised (but notice in the provided list of loooooong persecutions, that the Arabs are NOT on that list) for ALL of their existence?

You speak of a fascist military attack on the Arab world--taking land, destroying property, caging MILLIONS of innocent people.

Do you really know who "Israel" is?

WAKE UP NOW!!!

Everybody here knows what you are. You should be fighting for your cause in So. Lebanon with your brethren. Put up or shut up. Be a man, go fight! wakey wakey
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

"...and you are fucking with the wrong sand nigguer!
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

PSUFAN wrote:...so that they can market technology to the Chinese and whoever else waves the biggest check in front of their noses. That is nothing less than reprehensible.
Leave Clinton out of this.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Van wrote:
poptart, to Mike, wrote:Yes, you believe IN God (miraculously), but you do not believe God.

He didn't "put" anything. God didn't write the bible. God doesn't write books, or publish them, or even converse with sun stroked desert layabouts.

The bible's a series of books written and re-written by man, often times with politically motivated overseers directing the final edited version.

So, whatever you're reading in the bible, it's just like any other story that changes umpteen times as it gets passed from one person to the next until the last person who gives it to you puts their final spin on it...
How very Gnostic of you...

ImageImage
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Van wrote:The bible's a series of books written and re-written by man, often times with politically motivated overseers directing the final edited version

I ju .... I jus ...jus.... just, I say I jusss,.... I say I say .... I JUST don't agree with Vang0d.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Nick...

"Cage" millions??

Nope, they'll displace 'em, not cage 'em. Israel will want to be rid of them. What the Arab world does with 'em at that point, that's on the Arab world.

So far though the Arab world hasn't shown much in the way of compassion or even fondness for the Palestinians so it probably won't go too well for them in the future either.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Understood. When folks start talking about "taking the opportunity" to attack Syria or Iran...that's what I'm referring to.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

PSUFAN wrote:Understood. When folks start talking about "taking the opportunity" to attack Syria or Iran...that's what I'm referring to.
Hezbollah is backed by both of those countries, so that could be what is meant by "opportunity".

Also, Iran's President did mention a little something about nuking Israel, so they have to be weary of that.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

At this time, there is no "opportunity" to engage in broader conflict, or Israel's opponents will have too many opportunites to hit Israel in return. Hell, as it is, Israel is under attack from Hezbollah right now. You think attacking Iran or Syria wouldn't result in some successful attacks against Israeli soil?

Sorry...it's diplomacy or nothing.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Israel isn't going to attack Syria or Iran (they really don't want an all out war on that scale).

There is 1 mission planned for Iran if diplomatic channels fail to remove Iran's nuke threat/capabilities. Timetable for that mission is about 10 months out.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

PSUFAN wrote:At this time, there is no "opportunity" to engage in broader conflict, or Israel's opponents will have too many opportunites to hit Israel in return.
Do you feel as if "it's" inevitable ? Sometimes I wonder if Iran and Syria are "testing" the waters, and really hope for a wider scale war, how soon before they fully commit ?
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Just as Israel revealed that they had been planning for this conflict for months or years, you can bet that Iran and Syria are both looking at strategic contingencies as well. Syria's military is utterly hand-made to attack Israel. Huff and puff all you want about Israel's might, Syria can attack them with some nasty shit, and no one wants that.

Basically, broader conflict in the Mid-East is not going to be good for anyone...even if it's just as simple as $8.00 for a gallon of gas.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

I'm headed for the mountains, so my contributions on this board will be severly limited...I apologize in advance.. :wink:

My thoughts are as long as there is fighting, started by the terrorists, let's see how much fire-power the Israeli's really have...go for Syria and Iran and do the world a favor.....again........
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The Seer wrote:I'm headed for the mountains, so my contributions on this board will be severly limited...
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Seer wrote:I'm headed for the mountains

Dude, it's always money when you post pics of those ren-fair chicks.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
warren

Post by warren »

Van wrote:

When the fuck did you get the insight into anything God or god Does or doesn't do?

Hell, you've already admitted he exists now.

I'm sorry bra, but it must suck spinning down that drain.
warren

Post by warren »

PSUFAN wrote:They'll have to do so at the hands of another presidential administration, then. Bush's team has spent a lot of money and political capital in encouraging fledgling democracies in places like Lebanon and Iraq.
Just exactly what's wrong with encouraging "fledgling" democracies.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Dunno, warren...ask the zealots that want Israel to start attacking them for sport.

That is, ask them when they get back from the mountains...
warren

Post by warren »

PSUFAN wrote:At this time, there is no "opportunity" to engage in broader conflict, or Israel's opponents will have too many opportunites to hit Israel in return. Hell, as it is, Israel is under attack from Hezbollah right now. You think attacking Iran or Syria wouldn't result in some successful attacks against Israeli soil?

Sorry...it's diplomacy or nothing.
Damn brother, I have a more difficult time lacing up my shoes than you do putting on the label stupid every time you click on submit.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

RACK warren.

God pisses Van off.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

warren, ever heard of the phrase, "supposition"?

My posts detailing what God does and doesn't do are suppositions based on God existing, for argument's sake.

I don't know if God exists. Neither do you and niether does poptart and neither does Mvscal.

I do know that man wrote the bible, many men in fact. God doesn't write books.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And dang....if you down a fat bag of mushrooms after about 4 hits of acid, then eat both a falaffel AND a burrito...

the visuals man...the visuals.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one