The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Mal
Keepin' it real

Clippers sign Thomas, lose Radmanovic

Post by Mal »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2507013

Wow
The Lakers on Saturday secured a verbal agreement from Clippers sharpshooter Vladimir Radmanovic on a five-year deal starting at the $5 million mid-level exception and worth in excess of $30 million
The Clips, craving a big forward who could stretch the floor for Elton Brand, dealt Chris Wilcox to Seattle on Feb. 14 for Radmanovic. They moved quickly to replace Radmanovic with Phoenix Suns forward Tim Thomas, who, according to multiple newspaper reports, has agreed to a four-year deal worth an estimated $24 million.
I like Radmanovic as a player but he can't defend to save his life.

Dude can bust a 3 though, at 6'9'' he is an interesting matchup.

But 30 plus million for a part timer who is really one dimentional?

I wanted him resigned but I have to say I'd rather have Tim Thomas. That MF killed us in the Suns/Clips playoff series.He can shoot the 3 but that's not all he can do. Hopefully now that it's not a contract year he will continue to make plays for us.

The article also points that Cassell is next in line, that was really starting to make me nervous.

My wish list would include another defensive Guard and Post player.

Other than that I'll take a Thomas for Vlad swap considering we actually paid him less.

These aren't the Clippers of back in the day.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

The Lakers get an out of position 3-4. Odom, Kwame, and Rad up front? There front line will get destroyed on a nightly basis in the West.

This pick-up addresses none of the lakers defensive needs. Their MLE is now gone. They are in cap hell.

Here's to 5 years of LAker mediocrity.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RACK the lakers for adding this decade's Toni Kukoc.

Fucking phil is an absolute genius, and knows this team is close to being the 2000's version of the Bulls.

Now we just need a smart PG who can mildy contribute (BJ Armstrong, Paxson, Kerr, and Ron Harper Role) and Kwame to send out a fucking search unit to locate his hands.

RACK the Lord of the Rings-9 and counting, bitches...............