Happy Days

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Happy Days

Post by MuchoBulls »

USF just hired Lelo Prado as its new baseball head coach. Prado has a huge amount of local ties to this area and he is bringing in Tino Martinez as an assistant coach.

Good hire and one that will help turn our program around and help get a new stadium built.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Great hire. Prado is well known through out the city of Tampa. When Cardieri was first let go, I thought Terry Rupp(HC @ Maryland) was going to get the job, but Prado is a very good choice.

There is so much talent in the Hillsborough/Pinellas/Manatee County are , that he should have no problem recruiting great ball players. The Tampa Bay area is arguably the hot bed for Baseball Talent in the nation. Cardieri's problem was that even though he was getting good ball players from this area, the elite were always going to FSU/UF/Miami or the other southern states.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Off to a good start with an opening series sweep against High Point. This was a series we'd probably lose in the last couple of seasons.

There is a definite attitude change on the team and the style of play is very aggressive.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Same for A&M with a win over #1 Rice and rival Couger High. Lost to #12 ASU though.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

mu swept florida international

Arizona in tempe next.

team will have to score this year, no sherzer to dominate friday nights.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I fear a repeat by that team I hate...7-0 so far.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

25-10 (8-4 in the Big East) so far, which is 2 more wins than we had all of last season. The difference in the style of play is night and day over what was going on the prior seasons. Recruiting has been on an upswing since Prado arrived as well, so this should be the beginning of a nice turnaround right as we get set to build our new stadium.