Dallas v. San Antonio Game 2 late

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Dallas v. San Antonio Game 2 late

Post by M2 »

:shock:

92- 72 Dallas on the road with a little over 8 minutes to play.

Radio must be drinking heavily right about now.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

No, had to work late tonight. Not sure if that was a good or a bad thing, considering the debacle tonight. Missed the second quarter when VanExel got ejected, Tim Duncan got called for his third foul and the SA completely unraveled, at least according to the Spurs radio network.

I figured this series is going seven games ... with each team winning a game on the other's home floor. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 2-2 after game 4. Only I figured the game SA would lose would be Game 1 -- not game 2 -- because of the NBA's idiotic scheduling. Game 3 of this series isn't until Saturday ... go figure. :meds: :meds:

I don't hate Dallas like I despise some of the other teams in the league ... hard to dislike them with Avery as their coach. He's got them buying into playing good defense, which will make them very tough, especially if they can hit from the outside -- very much like the Spurs and Detroit. They're not quite there yet, but they're getting close. In addition, they also don't have a bonified "superstar," but several really good starters and a deep bench -- and win consistantly as a team, even if one of their better players is having an off night, also very much like SA and Detroit.

Edit: If Dallas ends up upsetting the Spurs in this, or any other year for that matter in the playoffs, I'd have no problem pulling for them, with A.J. as their coach. 'Course, I wouldn't be following the playoffs nearly as closely ... but if I happen to catch a game ...
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Dirk Nowitski isnt a bonafide superstar?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Gotta agree. Dirk is a top 10 player in the NBA. That ranks in the bonafied superstar in my book.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

^^Huh?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Semantics on my part.

By "bonified superstar," I meant that they don't require Dirk to have a huge game for them to win ... i.e. last night.

While Nowitzki is a great player, he doesn't get nearly the run as Bryant, James, O'Neal, Iverson or Nash.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

WolverineSteve wrote:^^Huh?

Do you not understand English?? Dirk is easily a Top 10 player in the league.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

I can name at least 10 players I'd rather have than irk. <--- No typo, dude doesn't deserve a "D" in his name.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Go ahead
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Any of the 5 Pistons starters,
Lebron
D.Wade
Duncan
Nash
Iverson

That's just for starters. Hell I could go at least 10 more. The key here is heart. Dirk has none, he's a scorer only. The playgrounds are littered with pure scorers.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

WolverineSteve wrote:Any of the 5 Pistons starters,
Lebron
D.Wade
Duncan
Nash
Iverson

That's just for starters. Hell I could go at least 10 more. The key here is heart. Dirk has none, he's a scorer only. The playgrounds are littered with pure scorers.

You are so wrong. Other than possibly Ben Wallace, Dirk is better than the other 4 Pistons. Dirk does have a killer instinct and is a good all-around player but lethal on the offensive side. They are great as a group, but only good players as inviduals.

My personal Top 10

Duncan
Kobe
LeBron
D Wade
Nash
Garnett
Dirk
Iverson
Paul Pierce
Carmelo
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Rasheed Wallace, Billups, Prince, and Hamilton all can play shut down defense. Sheed is a force inside and out, Billups can take over, or get all his boys involved, Rip is a nightmare to guard with his constant motion, and Tayshaun routinely guards the oppositions best offensive threat. Can any of that be said of Dirk?

He's a gunner, no doubt. I think his style is too offensive, and moreso strictly perimeter for my liking.

And his chicklets are offensive.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!