Lakers choke and Kobe DISAPPEARS

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Lakers choke and Kobe DISAPPEARS

Post by T REX »

What a choke job. Only the EIGHT time in history a team has come back, but I guess when you have the MVP on your team anything is possible.

Phil loses his first series in the first round.

Phil loses a series for the first time with a lead.

Lakers are only the eighth team to CHOKE away a 3-1 series lead.

Kobe completely disappeared in the second half.

He gave up. Pathetic.

Your MVP/hero/best playa eva GAVE UP!!!!!!!

What a little bitch.

See ya next year losers.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: Lakers choke and Kobe DISAPPEARS

Post by The Seer »

T REX wrote:What a choke job. Only the EIGHT time in history a team has come back, but I guess when you have the MVP on your team anything is possible.

Phil loses his first series in the first round.

Phil loses a series for the first time with a lead.

Lakers are only the eighth team to CHOKE away a 3-1 series lead.

Kobe completely disappeared in the second half.

He gave up. Pathetic.

Your MVP/hero/best playa eva GAVE UP!!!!!!!

What a little bitch.

See ya next year losers.

No dog in the fight, and you howl like a whore....typical.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Dude just tanked it with LA's season on the line.

Would MJ ever do that?

Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

T REX wrote:Dude just tanked it with LA's season on the line.

Would MJ ever do that?
Would Steve Kerr/BJ Armstrong/John Paxon go 7 for 37 over a 3 game stretch?

Would Ho Grant/Bill Cartwright/Luc Longley/Scottie Pippen go a combined 13 of 37 in a Game 7?

Think before you post, man. Seriously. With the bricks that the "Other 4" were puttin up, the Suns could afford to guard Kobe literally 5 on 1. He got no help from the rest of the team.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Roofer wrote:
T REX wrote:Dude just tanked it with LA's season on the line.

Would MJ ever do that?
Would Steve Kerr/BJ Armstrong/John Paxon go 7 for 37 over a 3 game stretch?

Would Ho Grant/Bill Cartwright/Luc Longley/Scottie Pippen go a combined 13 of 37 in a Game 7?

Think before you post, man. Seriously. With the bricks that the "Other 4" were puttin up, the Suns could afford to guard Kobe literally 5 on 1. He got no help from the rest of the team.

End of discussion.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Wow, its amazing......but that's not the point.

The DISCUSSION is why did he become so passive all of a sudden. So out of character for Kobe. His competitive streak alone should have had him running like mad around the court. He had other ideas for some reason.

If your franchise player wanted to prove a point why not do it in the office not when your season is on the line.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

KWAME BROWN

E UNUM PLURIBUS
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

The Seer wrote:KWAME BROWN

Aint that the motherfuckin truth. Wonder what kind fo Zen philosophy or tactics PJ has that can soften that fuckers hands up.
m2 wrote:I'm use to it. Why?

Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

It wont work... I'm a Warriors fan.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Kobe had no help tonight. Buuuut, Steve Nash wasnt exactly playing w/ the Dream Team either.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

The Seer wrote:KWAME BROWN

I have to totally agree with that, Brown has a huge upside, as soon as he figures out that his fingers can be used for something besides picking his nose and fingering NBA groupie pussy.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

T REX wrote:Wow, its amazing......but that's not the point.

The DISCUSSION is why did he become so passive all of a sudden. So out of character for Kobe. His competitive streak alone should have had him running like mad around the court. He had other ideas for some reason.

If your franchise player wanted to prove a point why not do it in the office not when your season is on the line.

What happened after game 6?

Kobe scored 50, they lost, and everyone said it was because Kobe strayed from the "team" concept. His coach said that was the way to win. Kobe tried to get the "team" involved. The rest of the impotent "team" did not respond. If you're Kobe, damned if you do, damned if you don't....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I disagree with the Lakers choking bit. They were the underdog, and a far more inferior team.

Kobe did quit however. Three shots in the second half? Lakers were down only 15 at the half. The way the suns play defense, no lead is safe. Dude is so selfish. In this case he was selfish by playing disinterested when the season was on the line. As usual thinking only of himself.

Kobe's got all the skills in the world, no head, no heart...Fuck him.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

The Seer wrote:
T REX wrote:Wow, its amazing......but that's not the point.

What happened after game 6?

Kobe scored 50, they lost, and everyone said it was because Kobe strayed from the "team" concept. His coach said that was the way to win. Kobe tried to get the "team" involved. The rest of the impotent "team" did not respond. If you're Kobe, damned if you do, damned if you don't....
Please watch the tivo of the game. Kobe is camped out at the 3 line and many times doesn't even touch teh ball or make an effort to go and get it. The post game comment were lip service for teh fans and a message to the front office.

Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

:meds: REX doesn't have a fucking clue. Just blabbering like a dumbfuck, thinking he knows what he is talking about. :lol: Pretty retarded if you ask me. I mean trying to take something from Kobe during this season and series? BWAHAHAHAHAHA! You gotta be a fucking idiot to even try. :meds:

MJ wouldn't have done any better carrying that team and he may not even have done as well bitches.
Last edited by Dumbass on Sun May 07, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

So after Kobe hits 34 in a row, what does he do when the double and triple teams come if his team mates (which you all know so much about) are still shooting bricks and not finishing?

WHAT DOES HE DO THEN DUMBASS?!

I'll leave it at that because you can not answer it and you can not say anything of any validity that takes away from another historical year in Kobe Bryant's career.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Here ya go... Laker fan

Kobe's in the back... making another fresh batch.

m2
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

m2 wrote:Here ya go... Laker fan

Kobe's in the back... making another fresh batch.

m2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Dumbass wrote:So after Kobe hits 34 in a row, what does he do when the double and triple teams come if his team mates (which you all know so much about) are still shooting bricks and not finishing?

WHAT DOES HE DO THEN DUMBASS?!

I'll leave it at that because you can not answer it and you can not say anything of any validity that takes away from another historical year in Kobe Bryant's career.
Historical?

Yep...people will be talking about the choke, the tank, and the blown 3-1 series lead. Yeah....he's the greatest of all-time.....

Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Oh yea, who made the shot that capped beating POR in game 7 after being down by 22+ on the way to his first ring?

Who dominated San Antonio a time or two outside and inside on the road to two more rings?

Even the games you did see, you prolly saw them only once too ha? Think you ever missed a little somethin' on a pass, pick, board, steal, etc. Yea, I bet never ha? The mother fucker balls like no other and has been doing it since year 2 in the league. Taking ALL skills into consideration, he is on top, kids, sorry but it is the truth.

You don't know dick, TREX. You should have actually watched some Laker SERIES for the full :48 minutes before formulating your assanine opinions. Nobody that watched them all would have yours. That is why so many even out there in the media support the POSSIBILITY that Kobe can make that claim someday. He is on his way and there is no denying that. When we know it is going downhill, then we can truly confirm our opinions but to try and judge and rank him now and say never, that's just stupid.

Lebron is definitely next in line, showing displays of greatness at a young young age but he has quite a ways to go to fill just Kobe's shoes and what does that tell you? Very few if any can fill his at this time.

Suck it!
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Oh yea it is his fault too that they choked. I mean we really expected them to be in game 7. Damn I think I even said, "if they can manage to "squeeze 1-2 more wins......." :meds: after win 1.

Choked? :lol:

They got a miracle win and blown out the final 2 road games to the #2 seed, in a series in which they (PHO) already lost a home game. Yea, that's a choke.

If they suck as bad as what was clearly evident in game 7, how are they choking? The only team that could choke in this series was Phoenix.

Oh yea, but blame the guy that got 50 points one night and then blame him again for not getting 75 the next. :lol: Oh and let's COMPLETELY IGNORE THE DEFENSIVE END which allowed the 3 point basket in game 6, aside from a hundred other 3 point baskets in the series. :meds: :meds: :meds:
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Look at your bitch ass crying.........this is hysterical!!!

WAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Leave my wittle kobe alone!!!!!!!

Dude, end the man-crush. You are pimping a selfish crybaby(I guess that explains your behavior). He was/is nothing but a scoring machine without Shaq. Gawd, that must really stick in your craw. Kobe is barely .500 ball without Shaq. Shaq has one of the highest winning percentages of all-time as a player on THREE different teams. Interesting. Care to cry that one away?

Dude, you're a punk AND a bitch.

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

edited for double post
Last edited by T REX on Fri May 12, 2006 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Wow, Trix must be riled up with the double post in the NBA forum. :lol:
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

T REX wrote: He was/is nothing but a scoring machine without Shaq.

NBA All Defensive First Team
There's a good chance Ben Wallace of the Detroit Pistons and San Antonio Spurs guard Bruce Bowen will be facing off for the NBA championship next month. On Thursday, they were named teammates.

Wallace, a four-time and reigning defensive player of the year, and Bowen highlight the 2005-06 NBA All-Defensive Team.

Making his fifth consecutive appearance on the all-defensive first team, Wallace is joined by leading vote-getter Bowen, who was named to the all-defensive team for the sixth consecutive season.

Also selected to the first team were forwards Andrei Kirilenko of the Utah Jazz; 2003-04 defensive player of the year Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings; and guards Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Jason Kidd of the New Jersey Nets, receiving their sixth and seventh all-defensive honors, respectively.

Kirilenko is making his third all-defensive team appearance while Artest was named to the all-defensive team for the second time. Bryant and Kidd tied in votes received to round out the first team.

Usually assigned to the opposing team's biggest offensive threat, Bowen's stellar one-on-one defense helped the Spurs hold opponents to 88.8 points per game, second in the league. Bowen received 26 first-team votes and 55 points. Wallace was also named on 26 first-team ballots and had 54 points.

Wallace was the only player in the league to finish in the Top 10 in rebounding (11.3, fourth), blocks (2.2, ninth) and steals (1.8, 10th).

Kirilenko, who had 44 points, led the league with 220 blocks this season and finished second in blocks per game (3.2). Artest earned 30 points and Bryant and Kidd each had 28 in voting among the league's 30 coaches.

Denver's Marcus Camby, Detroit's Chauncey Billups and Tayshaun Prince, Kevin Garnett of Minnesota and San Antonio's Tim Duncan were named to the second team.
Next.

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Next .500 season coming up......

Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

BTW, I don't see Shaq on either the first or second team.

Has there ever been a bigger waste of a 7' frame?

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

^^^^

You're kidding right?

W/ out him LA wouldnt have had the those 3 nice rings and 4 title appearances.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Bill Simmons , one of ESPN's true great sportswriter, said this before Game 7 of the Lakers/Suns series:

"If Kobe doesn't completely eviscerate Bell in Game 7, everyone on the planet is banned from making any more Kobe-MJ comparisons. We all know that MJ would have dropped 55 on Bell, shut down Nash on the other end and disemboweled D'Antoni for good measure. Kobe, if you're going to steal MJ's fist clench/shake from Game 1 of the 1998 Finals without asking, you need to take this all the way. You cannot lose Game 7. You can't."
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Roofer wrote:BTW, I don't see Shaq on either the first or second team.

You have no cred ever.

Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

T REX wrote:Look at your bitch ass crying.........this is hysterical!!!

WAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Leave my wittle kobe alone!!!!!!!

Dude, end the man-crush. You are pimping a selfish crybaby(I guess that explains your behavior). He was/is nothing but a scoring machine without Shaq. Gawd, that must really stick in your craw. Kobe is barely .500 ball without Shaq. Shaq has one of the highest winning percentages of all-time as a player on THREE different teams. Interesting. Care to cry that one away?

Dude, you're a punk AND a bitch.
My bitch. :lol:

You lose.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

T REX wrote:

You have no cred ever.

:lol:

Look who's talking.

You get ripped up by the likes of KC Paul. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

1. Way to go T-REX. Completely avoid the fact you said Kobe was nothing more than a scoring maching without Shaq, and when I slap you upside the head with the annoucnement of him being selected to the All-Defensive first team, what do we get? Crickets.....typical bitch.

2. Lakers would not have won 3 rings without Kobe. Shaq has proven that in Orlando, and he;s proving it now in Miami.

3. Someone of Shaq's size and frame should be All-Defensive team (1st or 2nd) every year. That is if they cared about defense. Talk about caring only about scoring.

Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Cicero wrote:Bill Simmons , one of ESPN's true great sportswriter, said this before Game 7 of the Lakers/Suns series:

"If Kobe doesn't completely eviscerate Bell in Game 7, everyone on the planet is banned from making any more Kobe-MJ comparisons. We all know that MJ would have dropped 55 on Bell, shut down Nash on the other end and disemboweled D'Antoni for good measure. Kobe, if you're going to steal MJ's fist clench/shake from Game 1 of the 1998 Finals without asking, you need to take this all the way. You cannot lose Game 7. You can't."
Could give a rat's ass what a writer has to say. His opinion doesn't sway me anymore than the fools that tell us The Colts will win The Superbowl every year and Peyton Manning is God's gift to The NFL.

MJ would have still had some help, Kobe had ZERO. Of course MJ nut swingers are going to continue to rip "the rapist." :shock: Just because he is a writer doesn't mean his opinion will change mine who watched much of the same shit. Doesn't mean anymore to me than my words do to you. To shoulder Kobe with the loss after that offensive AND DEFENSIVE performance discredits the dumbass and shows his ignorance of what was going on out there.

His comparison has less validity than the one he is trying to criticize.
MJ's team never quit on him and did not have anywhere close the youth and inexperience that Kobe has to deal with. How fucking blind can you guys be? To think too that Kobe could give a fuck what writers have to say after the criticism he took all year when being as successful as he was on a shit team. To think the wrtiers would say oh yea, I see what you mean when he basically said look at this shit and you wonder why I went off. The writers were backed into a corner after seeing how the team crumbled especially after they thought they were right again calling Kobe unselfish through the first games. Shit he can only be unselfish on his team's good nights. They're too fucking inconsistent but the writers always trying to take the credit or spin the stories to their liking, saying we told you so we told you so and they are full of shit. Open your eyes.

Funny how the spin on one game in a season of greatness can sway the opinion of the peabrain infested.

Next, Taco, Sis, whatta ya got next? Doesn't mean dick. :meds:
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

He's too busy going to NBA Conference Finals and NBA Finals(without Kobe) to be concerned about individual awards... he's a team player.
Roofer wrote:Has there ever been a bigger waste of a 7' frame?
Hmmmm... Shaq has gone to 2 NBA Finals without Kobe, and Kobe has yet to get outta the 1st round without Shaq.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

m2 wrote:
He's too busy going to NBA Conference Finals and NBA Finals(without Kobe) to be concerned about individual awards... he's a team player.
Roofer wrote:Has there ever been a bigger waste of a 7' frame?
Hmmmm... Shaq has gone to 2 NBA Finals without Kobe, and Kobe has yet to get outta the 1st round without Shaq.

Point #1 - Shaq hasn't made it to the Conf. Finals or the NBA Finals yet. Save your rhetoric for when you have something to back it up with.

Point #2 - As far as individual awards go, All -Defensive team is an accolade that should be cherished from an individual standpoint. As the old cliche goes, defense wins Championships, which is probably why Shaq won't see one sans #8 (or PJ for that matter). To crack on someone for being concerned about individual accomplishments when the accomplishment is a defensive award....that's just stupidity. Then again, it is you, m2.

Point #3 - the waste of 7' frame comment was not made as a comparison between Shaq and Kobe. It was made as a means to point out once against the consistent underachieving nature that Shaq displays year in and year out. With a body that size, dude should be owning the low post on both the offense and defense. He has the O down pretty pat, but he cares little about defense, and his effort on a consistent basis (granted he gets his token block here and there for being 7' whatever) reflects that attitude. Not sure what the stats are, but I'm curious to know how many All Defensive teams Shaq has been named to.

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Roofer wrote:
Point #1 - Shaq hasn't made it to the Conf. Finals or the NBA Finals yet. Save your rhetoric for when you have something to back it up with.

Finals w/ the Magic in 95 and the Conf Finals last year. KYOAM?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Roofer wrote:Point #1 - Shaq hasn't made it to the Conf. Finals or the NBA Finals yet. Save your rhetoric for when you have something to back it up with.
2004-05 Detroit Pistons Miami Heat 4-3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Conference_Finals

1995 Houston Rockets 4–0 Orlando Magic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Finals

You like kicking your own ass... don't ya Roofer???
:lol: :lol: :lol:
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Roofer wrote:1. Way to go T-REX. Completely avoid the fact you said Kobe was nothing more than a scoring maching without Shaq, and when I slap you upside the head with the annoucnement of him being selected to the All-Defensive first team, what do we get? Crickets.....typical bitch.

2. Lakers would not have won 3 rings without Kobe. Shaq has proven that in Orlando, and he;s proving it now in Miami.

3. Someone of Shaq's size and frame should be All-Defensive team (1st or 2nd) every year. That is if they cared about defense. Talk about caring only about scoring.
1. Listen, many laker fans thought this was a joke. That this was a make-up for not getting more MVP votes. I could care less about his defensive team BS. That bitch still only won 45 games. Yeah, when I bring that up you gloss over it. How about Kobe is .500 ball without Shaq. What about THAT!!!!

2. Dude, he made the finals in O-town and the conference finals last year. Uhhhhh, Capt Obvious, that is a hell of a lot more than Shooter.

3. Blah, blah, blah......dude is winning. Kobe is not. Rationalize it any way you want. the more you try the bigger the bitch you become.
Damn, laker fan has become such a bitch.

dumbass: KC tard has never gotten over on me.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

T REX wrote:
Roofer wrote:1. Way to go T-REX. Completely avoid the fact you said Kobe was nothing more than a scoring maching without Shaq, and when I slap you upside the head with the annoucnement of him being selected to the All-Defensive first team, what do we get? Crickets.....typical bitch.

2. Lakers would not have won 3 rings without Kobe: and vise versa for the umpteenth time :meds:

1. Listen, many NON - laker fans thought this was a joke.

3. Blah, blah, blah......dude is winning. Kobe is not.
Winning? Yeah, runner up is just as good as a championship.... :meds:

Kobe led the league in scoring, and made the all defensive 1st team...Sounds like a type player a team might want....unless of course you prefer lazy, under achieving 7 footers....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

The Seer wrote:
T REX wrote: Damn, laker fan has become such a bitch.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage