Steve Colbert

The best of the best
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Yes I am having problems with your inability or unwillingness to provide the alternative solutions brought forth as they relate to the war on terrorists.
Lazy bastard.

You can go to google and type in "war on terror alternatives". Vary the formula to find out more than what your current resources are offering.
The only thing I've seen was "more time", "more time", and "more time".

That and a bunch of Monday Morning Quarterbacking from people who are not and will not be held accountable based on the success and/or failure of their "decisions". But feel free to go the name calling route. Those are always good for a cheap rack or two and they can be funny.

:wink:
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Atomic Punk wrote:your 20 minute offer for me to buy you a ticket to fly to Canada has expired.
Bank turned you down for the loan? Its probably for the better. Keep saving your money and one day maybe you can afford your own car. You could even drive me up to Canada personally. If you don't trust me, you can keep one eye on me and one eye on the road.
Last edited by Bizzarofelice on Wed May 03, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
why is my neighborhood on fire
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Spinach Genie wrote:
PSUFAN wrote: There is a time and place for most things in this country, lampooning the POTUS to his face is certainly among them. If folks were offended by that, then they have been far too insulated, IMO.

Disagree. I thought Clinton was the worst kind of scumbag, but mocking him in the white house in front of his face I would have a major problem with. How do we expect to hold sway in foreign affairs when the highest office in our land in treated like this? It's a free country, but it's a topic worth consideration.
I couldn't agree more.

sin

Don Imus
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:
BSmack wrote: Pretty sad that your only defense left is that the Democrats wouldn't do any better than Bush.

That statement is not made to defend Bush. It's made because I'd like to see some alternatives. The implication being, I'm not too happy with Bush, but I haven't seen or heard any alternatives.
Both "sides" have been counterproductive at best. Bush, in the results department, and the left in their spoken desire to change things, but with a more genuine desire to criticize.
I cannot argue with that statement one little bit. But I would lean a bit towards Bush having more successful results than the Dems having viable alternatives.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:That statement is not made to defend Bush. It's made because I'd like to see some alternatives. The implication being, I'm not too happy with Bush, but I haven't seen or heard any alternatives.
That is because you are not looking very hard. If you are expecting some kind of "Contract With America" from the Democratic Party, I wouldn't hold your breath.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Tom In VA wrote:The only thing I've seen was "more time", "more time", and "more time".
...and you took all of 4 minutes to research and then type up you response. Must have been a dilligent search, Tom in VADHD.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:your 20 minute offer for me to buy you a ticket to fly to Canada has expired.
Bank turned you down for the loan? Its probably for the better. Keep saving you money and one day maybe you can afford your own car. You could even drive me up to Canada personally. If you don't trust me, you can keep one eye on me and one eye on the road.
Here is another shocker as Bace POS goes Diego in Stalingrad on me.

Look at the unfounded "eye smack." Great one as predicted in my above post. I "see" that you have become funnier and wiser in your years of tard-dom. Yeah. Good work. Now if I called you a "dog catcher" then I will lower myself to your "smack" abilities.

I think you are above the level of catching dogs and sit behind a computer all day making 11-dy million dollars a year. I'm proud of you and your Pikkkle like Playboy wife.

Yes, you must be bumpin' in the 314 in your quality Kia car. Oh wait, you just rolled out your haymaker on me for "car smack." I guess having said I own my Ford F-150 over and over lets Rover bend your tard bitch ass over.

Yeah Bace, you are a fucking tard.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:If you are expecting to win with 'Republicans: We're against them.', I wouldn't hold your breath.
Talk to a party operative. I'm just a freedom loving person who won't be voting Republican.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

mvscal wrote:Why are you so ashamed of your party
Because they've lost the PR war for the past decade.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Spinach Genie wrote:
PSUFAN wrote: There is a time and place for most things in this country, lampooning the POTUS to his face is certainly among them. If folks were offended by that, then they have been far too insulated, IMO.

Disagree. I thought Clinton was the worst kind of scumbag, but mocking him in the white house in front of his face I would have a major problem with. How do we expect to hold sway in foreign affairs when the highest office in our land in treated like this? It's a free country, but it's a topic worth consideration.
With all due respect, I don't see how humor of this sort changes a thing when it comes to US foreign policy. Nations deal with the US with or without having considered what comedians or columnists or talking heads have to say about the President. In most cases, other nations do their own share of lampooning the POTUS, but it doesn't change their willingness to work with the US. Case in point - Tony Blair. Despite the overwhelming feelings of his countrymen, surely depicted in savage terms in media of all sorts, he worked with the Bush Administration when it came to foreign policy.

Perhaps it bothers you to see Bush mocked...did it bother you to see Clinton or any of their predecessors mocked? Did it hamper their foreign policies?

We don't have an Imperial Presidency, despite all current sentiment towards exactly that. Ribaldry comes with the territory, even if adhering to the letters of the laws might not.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Bace is glad there are pages on these boards so others might be too lazy-eyed to scroll back and see his ass being kicked and kicked hard.

Tard has lost and gave it up to me for handing it back to you, you fucking tard-ass bitch.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Atomic Punk wrote:too lazy-eyed
Now this is getting regoddamneddiculous.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

How do we expect to hold sway in foreign affairs when the highest office in our land in treated like this?
Here's a thought: When rounding up speakers/entertainers for an event for your party, don't pick people who have made an entire career out of singling out your administration for the purposes of bashing, mocking and humilating. They did this to themselves. What else did they expect Colbert to tell jokes about?
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

I think it was funny shit!!

It's America and Thank God and god that this is allowed in America!!

To me .. that is what makes this counbtry so great... this thing called "Freedom"

Yes, sometimes, it is pusehed too far but Thank God and god that we are allowed to push it too far!!

Colbert said things like, "Most of all, I believe in this president. Now, I know there are some polls out there saying this man has a 32 percent approval rating. But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality.' And reality has a well-known liberal bias. ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sir, pay no attention to the people who say the glass is half-empty, because 32 percent means it's two-thirds empty. There's still some liquid in that glass is my point, but I wouldn't drink it. The last third is usually backwash."

:lol: :lol: :wink:

There was also sarcastic praise for Bush's tendency to stick to his guns. "The greatest thing about this man is he's steady. You know where he stands," Colbert said. "He believes the same thing Wednesday that he believed on Monday, no matter what happened Tuesday. Events can change; this man's beliefs never will."

:lol: :lol: :wink:

I voted for George.. both times and I think he has bumbled and fumbled his way through ....

and I think it is funny shit and also what the President needs to hear and be able to deal with!!

Does anyone think things would be rosy if Gore or Kerry were President??

I don't... and maybe they couldn't be worse but neither of those 2 offered much more promise than GW.

I kind of think of Kerry as the Horse's face, Gore as the Horse's Ass and GW Bush as the little kid that likes to play cowboy!!

They are all pretty amusing characters... and deserve to be laughed at, Hell, they need to be laughed at, so people do not take them too seriously!!

Tell me, what President has not be lampooned??

and what leader of any country has not been lampooned??
(just in some countries... it is done more quietly!!)
Last edited by Jack on Wed May 03, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

seriously AP, are you always this big of a dripping vag.......
get out, get out while there's still time
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

If you are expecting to win with 'Republicans: We're against them.', I wouldn't hold your breath.
How about a commercial showing Bush holding up the Mexican flag in 2000 while he pandered for Hispanic votes? The voiceover could be Bush singing the National Anthem...in Spanish.

How does that grab ya?
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Talk to a party operative. I'm just a freedom loving person who won't be voting Republican.

You'll be in the minority.
Last edited by Cicero on Wed May 03, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Jack wrote: Does anyone think things would be rosy if Gore or Kerry were President??
Think we'd be in Iraq if they were President in 2000? I'm thinking "no."
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:If you are expecting to win with 'Republicans: We're against them.', I wouldn't hold your breath.
Talk to a party operative. I'm just a freedom loving person .....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Felix wrote:seriously AP, are you always this big of a dripping vag.......
Are you so dense that you had to post this shit? Seriously. I don't even know who you are other than there is a "Felix" deal across the street from the Frat houses at USC.

I think you are scoping out my ass for a taste of Tommy's World Famous Chili Burgers.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Jack wrote: Does anyone think things would be rosy if Gore or Kerry were President??
Cause they are pussies with no backbone.....Just like their boy Bubba....
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
And I'm thinking you're the one that needs to get steppin' and get readin'.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

This administration cannot be compared to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic..

That is a bad metaphor..

This administration is soaring!!

It's more like Rearranging the Deck Chair's on the Hindenberg!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

His movie is a little long and self promoting...
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Yeah, consider the unimaginable horrors if Gore or Kerry had been elected.

We'd have bloated government, soaring National debts and energy prices, an army mired down in Afghanistan and Iraq...

-oh wait, that's been Dubya big "plan."
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Look man, I would have voted Demoncrap if they presented someone that wasn't a full on liar. They ALL lie on both sides buut come on... John Kerry? Where did this shit get pumped up the sewer pipes and why?

Bush sucks but he is the least of 2 evils.

For you Canadian scoffers... sign off and quit trolling since many of you are pussies that would be pnwed by the Mexicans if they had the desire to live in a tard infested, white fish bellied, society (the Quebec French-Canadians tend to be hot) "male" losers.

These boards are your only outlet to vent your hate on my country. :lol:
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

mvscal wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:
I'm thinking we'd have lost more than the WTC with that nutless pussbag in office.
Like what? We wouldn't have the Iraq debacle so there's 2000 soldiers and trillions of taxpayer dollars saved. Would Gore have reacted slower during Katrina? Would his Social Security plan have been even less thought out?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Actually, there's a good chance.

Al Gore speaks in San Francisco in 2002:
Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction
Last edited by MgoBlue-LightSpecial on Wed May 03, 2006 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Uncle Fester wrote:Yeah, consider the unimaginable horrors if Gore or Kerry had been elected.

We'd have bloated government, soaring National debts and energy prices, an army mired down in Afghanistan and Iraq...

-oh wait, that's been Dubya big "plan."
Im sure that in response to 9/11 they would have lobbed a couple missles at a perscription drug factory and called it a day....

Oh wait that was Bubba.....
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:You're a Democratic shill. Who the fuck do you think you're fooling? Why are you so ashamed of your party and your beliefs that you can't even own up to them on an anonymous message board. You are a fucking pussy. Just like every other liberal.
Nice strawman you fucking dolt. It does not necessarily follow that because I vote for a party that I have any interest in the formulation of their electoral strategy. I don't work for the Democratic Party and I recieve no financial gain above and beyond that recieved by all working Americans when progressive candidates win elections.

Does that explain things for you?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: Think we'd be in Iraq if they were President in 2000? I'm thinking "no."
I'm thinking we'd have lost more than the WTC with that nutless pussbag in office.
Like what? We wouldn't have the Iraq debacle
I think it's funny we have people such as yourself calling it a debacle, a "quagmire". People who haven't done a god damned thing to help the effort.

Meanwhile, there are Iraqis who've given everything up who still have HOPE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ YOU and YOURS

Get a clue, the Iraq thing is as old as you, if not older. It was only a matter of time.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Back on Track... this thread is about Steve Colbert!!

He has definitely given himself more than 15 minutes of Fame

and IMO, he deserves it!!

Some of his Schtick is like the last hour of SNL (long and boring filler with an occasional chuckle) but He is the enema that his country sorely needs..

NOONE should take themselves too seriously or think that they are without sin!!

Let's right this country nad to do that, you need to look at what is wrong!!

Humor is a GREAT TOOL and if used well can loosen more than a few nuts!!

But I say Again..

Thank God and god that we can (in America) do this publicly !!!!
Last edited by Jack on Wed May 03, 2006 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Al Gore speaks in San Francisco in 2002:
Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction
Same speech:
Wooden Al wrote:Specifically, I am deeply concerned that the policy we are presently following with respect to Iraq has the potential to seriously damage our ability to win the war against terrorism and to weaken our ability to lead the world in this new century.
Looks like the stiff-shirt was right.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Jack wrote:Thank God and god that we can do this publicly !!!!
RACK

I'll be in the Spin Zone to continue this debacle of a thread.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Im sure that in response to 9/11 they would have lobbed a couple missles at a perscription drug factory and called it a day....

-while Republicans focused on beating off to Monica Lewinski stories and peddling "wag the dawg" rhetoric to the press. Republicans were not worried about terrorists, remember?
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

PSUFAN wrote:With all due respect, I don't see how humor of this sort changes a thing when it comes to US foreign policy. Nations deal with the US with or without having considered what comedians or columnists or talking heads have to say about the President. In most cases, other nations do their own share of lampooning the POTUS, but it doesn't change their willingness to work with the US. Case in point - Tony Blair. Despite the overwhelming feelings of his countrymen, surely depicted in savage terms in media of all sorts, he worked with the Bush Administration when it came to foreign policy.

Perhaps it bothers you to see Bush mocked...did it bother you to see Clinton or any of their predecessors mocked? Did it hamper their foreign policies?

We don't have an Imperial Presidency, despite all current sentiment towards exactly that. Ribaldry comes with the territory, even if adhering to the letters of the laws might not.

Did it hamper Clinton? I'd say that's fairly obvious. Clinton, as popular as he was, will probably go down as one of the least respected presidents in American history. Lampooning the man is as old as the office, but the levels of outright disrespect growing increasingly prevalent over the stay of the last two presidents we've had sometimes - I think - pushes it. I didn't respect Bill Clinton, the man...but I respected the office. I do think it hampers our foreign policy. Do you honestly think world leaders dealt with a Reagan or Roosevelt with the same respect for the position that they did and do with Clinton and Bush? Contrary to liberal bed-wetters, we've never even been inclined to an imperialistic way as a nation...but I think even in the past where people vehemently disagreed with the policies of a president, they never displayed the obsessive bile and bitterness evident of late.

As for democrats and solutions, I need go no further than the last election. When it came to key issues like Iraq, Kerry had nothing but vaguery and slams of the current approach. The democrats strategy has been sling mud and hope enough sticks to obscure the fact they have no fucking clue. That's why Bush - who they love to tell us is an incompetent buffoon - has owned their asses his entire run of office.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Bizzarofelice wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Al Gore speaks in San Francisco in 2002:
Same speech:
Wooden Al wrote:Specifically, I am deeply concerned that the policy we are presently following with respect to Iraq has the potential to seriously damage our ability to win the war against terrorism and to weaken our ability to lead the world in this new century.
Looks like the stiff-shirt was right.
Obviously Gore disagreed with the initial motive and the actions taken after invading Iraq, but to say he was against an incursion of Iraq "in general" is flat out not true. He even supported Bush Sr's war resolution in 1991, for entirely different reasons of course.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Uncle Fester wrote:

-while Republicans focused on beating off to Monica Lewinski stories and peddling "wag the dawg" rhetoric to the press. Republicans were not worried about terrorists, remember?
A US Military ship was attacked and Bubbas response was to blow up a useless building. Im sure he would have done more if he had not slashed the budget and hurt our military to the point that he did... :meds:
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
mvscal wrote:Why are you so ashamed of your party
Because they've lost the PR war for the past two and one-half decades.
FTFY.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Colbert is brilliant, IMO.

His prepared material is spot on but his one-on-one interviews, especially when he has somebody who's game (William Kristol, for example) and gets the humor, but still can't quite keep up and ends up just laughing.