Steve Colbert

The best of the best
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Steve Colbert

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Probably glass deeck, but...

Did anyone see his tirade performed at the White House? The look on Bush's face was priceless. I'm trying to find a link for the video. If anyone has one, please post here. I've just seen bits of it, and it was one of the most classless, yet hilarious things I've ever seen.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Are you referring to his epic blast on Nagin?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Thanks. I felt way too lazy to search for it myself this morning.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Watched it on CSPAN. The room was silent. Little laughter because the guy was giving a Wag of the Finger to all in attendance. The "rearranging the chairs on the Hindenberg" crack was amazing.

I think Colbert Report has exceeded Daily Show.
why is my neighborhood on fire
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Is that roast totally unprecedented, or what? He stood up there for almost 15 minutes, raking everyone over the coals.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

The Dubya impersonator did the standard fare that made the Lenofan types laugh. Tame.

Colbert mocked the hapless media
$ wrote:Write that novel you've got kicking around in your head. You know, the one about the intrepid Washington reporter with the courage to stand up to the administration. You know, fiction
And the president sitting 5 yards away:
Colbert wrote:Somebody pinch me. You know what? I'm a pretty sound sleeper, that may not be enough. Somebody shoot me in the face.

Each joke tore some flesh from those in attendance. God Bless the USA.
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

Castro or Chavez would have tossed him into a prison for 20 years.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Spinach Genie wrote:Castro or Chavez would have tossed him into a prison for 20 years.
Dubya might have, too, but seems as if the American public is more than happy to give this douchebag a couple kicks in the pants on his way out.

Sux to be one of the 32% right about now.
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

Bizzarofelice wrote:Dubya might have, too, but seems as if the American public
Yep. We don't operate that way.

Seriously, given our last two presidents...can we officially go ahead and write off the position of "American President" as someone to be taken seriously? It's obvious this country doesn't.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Spinach Genie wrote:Castro or Chavez would have tossed him into a prison for 20 years.
Dubya might have, too, but seems as if the American public is more than happy to give this douchebag a couple kicks in the pants on his way out.

Not really. A little uncomfortable to be sure, but a whole lot cleaner than the 68% mired and wallowing in their own filth and unable to provide any alternative solutions so they just continue to sling their shit and wallow around in it.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I don't give a fuck what the next guy thinks about Bush, Clinton, or any other political figure. I have the temerity to make my own judgements and evaluations.

Respect for someone who leads our country is earned, in my case. I certainly take the position "seriously".

For example, I'm unhappy with the Bush Administration on a number of points, and I take those very seriously.

There is a time and place for most things in this country, lampooning the POTUS to his face is certainly among them. If folks were offended by that, then they have been far too insulated, IMO.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Tom In VA wrote:unable to provide any alternative solutions
As I've said millions of times before, plenty of alternatives have been offered, but the Bush apologists just rehash the "no alternatives offered" position.

Ask me about any issue, homie, and I'm sure a search engine and 20 seconds can find an offered alternative. Better yet, stop being so goddamned lazy and find it yourself.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Tom In VA wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:

Not really. A little uncomfortable to be sure, but a whole lot cleaner than the 68% mired and wallowing in their own filth and unable to provide any alternative solutions so they just continue to sling their shit and wallow around in it.
Tom is exactly right. Puts it better into words than I do.

I like Colbert. He is hilarious.

For the Dems and the whiners who say Bush is making this a dictatorship, thank g-d you live in probably the only country that is allowed to rip into the President while being 10 feet and then be able to have a drink w/ him an hour or two later.
Last edited by Cicero on Wed May 03, 2006 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:unable to provide any alternative solutions
As I've said millions of times before, plenty of alternatives have been offered, but the Bush apologists just rehash the "no alternatives offered" position.

Ask me about any issue, homie, and I'm sure a search engine and 20 seconds can find an offered alternative. Better yet, stop being so goddamned lazy and find it yourself.
Ummmm. I have "googled" and "googled". So you're going to have to bring me what you've found because all I've found is the same old bullshit. Predominantly as it pertains to the "War on Terror". Let's stick with that one, if you're so inclined.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Cicero wrote:For the Dems and the whiners who say Bush is making this a dictatorship, thank g-d you live in probably the only country that is allowed to rip into the President while being 10 feet and then be able to have a drink w/ him an hour or two later.
1) What do the two have to do with each other? Just because we have the right doesn't mean we need to elect retards that make for better jokes.

2) So is 68% of the country whining?

3) Dubya don't drink.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Bace, I'll pay for a ticket for your tard ass to leave this country within the next 20 minutes. You bash my country worse than Euro/Nish.

Get the fuck out and at least move to Canada you ungrateful POS. Oh, and you really aren't funny like your reach-around crowd says.

How about some 6 y/o "smack" as a return?

Probably.

Fuck you little bitch.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
2) So is 68% of the country whining?

3) Dubya don't drink.

2) A NY times/CNN poll of 5,000-10,000 is hardly a big enough of sample. They overlook the middle part of the country, just like they did in '04.

3) Speaking in generalities
Last edited by Cicero on Wed May 03, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Tom In VA wrote:Ummmm. I have "googled" and "googled". So you're going to have to bring me what you've found because all I've found is the same old bullshit.
Ah, so alternatives were offered, but you don't recognize them. Alternatives were offered despite being what you consider bullshit. Doesn't that mean they were able to provide alternatives? Are you having problems, HBJ?

AP,
Do you have enough money to pay for my ticket, or do I have to wait until that big "nurse assistant" payday comes through? I don't bash your country. I bash retards like you in our country. I'd try to explain the difference to you, but you've got geriatric butts to wipe.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:Not really. A little uncomfortable to be sure, but a whole lot cleaner than the 68% mired and wallowing in their own filth and unable to provide any alternative solutions so they just continue to sling their shit and wallow around in it.
Pretty sad that your only defense left is that the Democrats wouldn't do any better than Bush.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Atomic Punk wrote:Bace, I'll pay for a ticket for your tard ass to leave this country within the next 20 minutes.
Why do some people assimilate "hating the president's decisions" with "hating America"? Where's the logic in that?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Why do some people assimilate "hating the president's decisions" with "hating America"? Where's the logic in that?
Maybe AP would like the nation 68% less populated.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

^^

I would
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

My geriatric butt wipes are smeared on your face and also stuffed in your gaping and awaiting maw. You are a fruit cup tard that might be genetically male, but you certainly are not a man.

As you further KYOA with "ZZ can't afford to buy me a ticket... (reach-around crowd please laugh with my humor, Sincerely Bace), try disproving that one also.

Fucking tard.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Exactly. Personally, I regard my distaste for the Bush Administration as a patriotic inclination. I believe that they are not acting as patriots, because they have made remarkably poor decisions in leading this country - the country that I love and do not wish to see sullied.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Atomic Punk wrote:My geriatric butt wipes are smeared on your face and also stuffed in your gaping and awaiting maw.
Ironic Punk wrote:How about some 6 y/o "smack" as a return?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I haven't been calling you a tard for 6 years Bace.

However, you've been calling yourself one during that timeframe and I'm only pointing that out you weak little pussy.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

It seems as though the only condition to "hating America" is disapproval of the current administration's actions. By this logic, all the republicans who bashed Clinton during his era equally hated our country.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

No MGO, I am not a follower of Dubya or Rush and RUSH. They can go fuck themselves just like Bace.

I gues that eliminates another Bace-less post. Wait, he has nothing after this now.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I caught of that on Saturday night...a lot of awkward silence moments after some of his jokes. I thought he was funny but he's definitely more dry than Jon Stewart. He's really done a great job with his show...was kind of cynical if his humor could fill a 30 minute show. Daily Show and the Repor(t) is a great 1-2 punch.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Atomic Punk wrote:I haven't been calling you a tard for 6 years Bace.
No, I was stating that you had yet to reach the posting abilities of a 7 year old. Little miscommunication there.
However, you've been calling yourself one during that timeframe and I'm only pointing that out you weak little pussy.
Weak little pussy is the one who has a 11am appointment with Esther and a suppository.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Shoalzie wrote:I caught of that on Saturday night...a lot of awkward silence moments after some of his jokes. I thought he was funny but he's definitely more dry than Jon Stewart. He's really done a great job with his show...was kind of cynical if his humor could fill a 30 minute show. Daily Show and the Repor(t) is a great 1-2 punch.
Agree
Last edited by Cicero on Wed May 03, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

PSUFAN wrote:Exactly. Personally, I regard my distaste for the Bush Administration as a patriotic inclination. I believe that they are not acting as patriots, because they have made remarkably poor decisions in leading this country - the country that I love and do not wish to see sullied.
Beautiful words PSUFAN.

What solutions to the problems faced by this country, our home, do you.

1. Support
2. Have to offer.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Not really. A little uncomfortable to be sure, but a whole lot cleaner than the 68% mired and wallowing in their own filth and unable to provide any alternative solutions so they just continue to sling their shit and wallow around in it.
Pretty sad that your only defense left is that the Democrats wouldn't do any better than Bush.

That statement is not made to defend Bush. It's made because I'd like to see some alternatives. The implication being, I'm not too happy with Bush, but I haven't seen or heard any alternatives.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Ummmm. I have "googled" and "googled". So you're going to have to bring me what you've found because all I've found is the same old bullshit.
Ah, so alternatives were offered, but you don't recognize them. Alternatives were offered despite being what you consider bullshit. Doesn't that mean they were able to provide alternatives? Are you having problems, HBJ?
Yes I am having problems with your inability or unwillingness to provide the alternative solutions brought forth as they relate to the war on terrorists.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:I haven't been calling you a tard for 6 years Bace.
No, I was stating that you had yet to reach the posting abilities of a 7 year old. Little miscommunication there.

Wow, I was always told that when a "Whiffle Ball" hit a tard kid in the head that it didn't cause any damage.
Weak little pussy is the one who has a 11am appointment with Esther and a suppository.
Wow! Did I already say that? Yes, I did. Wow! Bace is reaching to his own backside.

Tell you what you fucking tard... your 20 minute offer for me to buy you a ticket to fly to Canada has expired. However, I would be more than happy to stuff "suppository's" up your gaping fist-fucked and gaping "Public Bathroom" of an asshole to your sick pleasure.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Tom In VA wrote:Yes I am having problems with your inability or unwillingness to provide the alternative solutions brought forth as they relate to the war on terrorists.
Lazy bastard.

You can go to google and type in "war on terror alternatives". Vary the formula to find out more than what your current resources are offering.
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

PSUFAN wrote: There is a time and place for most things in this country, lampooning the POTUS to his face is certainly among them. If folks were offended by that, then they have been far too insulated, IMO.

Disagree. I thought Clinton was the worst kind of scumbag, but mocking him in the white house in front of his face I would have a major problem with. How do we expect to hold sway in foreign affairs when the highest office in our land in treated like this? It's a free country, but it's a topic worth consideration.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Tom In VA wrote:
BSmack wrote:

That statement is not made to defend Bush. It's made because I'd like to see some alternatives. The implication being, I'm not too happy with Bush, but I haven't seen or heard any alternatives.
Both "sides" have been counterproductive at best. Bush, in the results department, and the left in their spoken desire to change things, but with a more genuine desire to criticize.