colin powell to shrub: "sukk it, fukkface"

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

Gee, I didn't catch that quote in the article.

Powell said there should be more troops. Other military advisers recommended to Bush less. The diff between the two camps being the expected reaction by the Iraquis to Saddams' fall.

Bush's error was he took the politician's path by doing the least costly option which would have less resistance from the Congress and general public.

Now all the armchair Generals say we should have had more troops. Shocker.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

"At the time the president was listening to those who were supposed to be providing him with military advice," Powell said. "They were anticipating a different kind of immediate aftermath of the fall of Baghdad, it turned out to be not exactly as they had anticipated."
Rumsfeld and his minions were just about the only ones that thought they could do this on the cheap. Unfortunately, they were the ones who were in the position of authority.

Voices of reason and rationality, within the administration, and everywhere else, went unheeded...indeed, they went mocked.

Rumsfeld and his minions did a great disservice to this country, those assholes.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Voices of reason and rationality, within the administration, and everywhere else, went unheeded...indeed, they went mocked.

:?:

Since we're playing pretend here and taking our trip to the land of make believe can we travel down another road ?

You know, the one where the administration listened to those supporting the use of more troops, an expontentially bigger clusterfuck ensued, and even more GI's are killed.

Would you, honestly ( :lol: , yeah I know on a message board with deluded ego-maniacs), be in here trumpeting .....

"Man was I wrong to agree with all those folks on Rummy's case. I sure wish he hadn't listened to them."

Just curious, about your integrity there PSUFAN.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

if the internet was around during ww1 or WWII or the veitnam or korena war and even if al gore decided it was all be cause the earth is getting warmer, then i would agree. but since none of us know what im taking about, then go fuck you libvs that have to live with two and a half years more of dub. and when you dont win the house and'or senate this year again i will laugh and dring alot of beer to commercerate.

bwahahahahaha
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Tom, your post is a bit garbled, but I think I have something to respond to here:

"You know, the one where the administration listened to those supporting the use of more troops, an expontentially bigger clusterfuck ensued, and even more GI's are killed."

I find it strange that you apparently believe that a clusterfuck was inevitable, no matter how many troops were used. Are you not a supporter of the war?

Since clarity seems to be a little scare, let me offer some of the crystal-clear: I believe, along with Powell and most other folks, that more troops on the ground after the invasion would have allowed the Coalition to better secure Iraq, so that the insurgency would have not found such fertile ground to spawn.

The fact - fact, Tom - is that Rumsfeld and his minions were utterly deluded about what would follow the invasion of Iraq. They engaged in a campaign of "Shock and Awe" - they expected Iraqis to 1) be utterly cowed into submission, and 2) subsequently welcome them with open arms. I can say, without the remotest hint of political bias, that they were completely and overwhelmingly ill-prepared to understand the aftermath of the (successful) invasion. Rummy said it himself over and over - "the future is unknowable". However, it sure seems like there were a lot of folks whose conjecture about the future ended up being right.

Now...your line about "deluded egomaniacs" certainly is a good one, but the folks who deserve that epithet more than anyone else are Rumsfeld, Cheney and Wolfowitz. Those fools have not acted as patriots in their headlong rush to occupation of Iraq .

Indeed it is patriotic to realistically plan for such things, because they are charged with the lives and fortunes of Americans, and as such caution, patience, and INTELLIGENCE is required. Yet, the realistic voices were shouted down by this cabal, to the detriment of our Nation.

This cabal is anything but patriotic, upon reflection. Their egomania and delusion works toward their own goals, not those of Americans. For shame.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

"cabal" is an often misused word....

If in fact PSU, "cabal" is the appropriate term...
Then their ruse failed...

It's up to you and the League of Justice to right
this wrong...

Ohhhh salivarious-one......Save US!
The only right answer to a fool is silence
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Adam,
Why don't you go over and fight like you did after 9/11?

:meds:
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

Rack Fu wrote:Adam,
Why don't you go over and fight like you did after 9/11?

:meds:
Actually Fu,

I did re-up, after a total of 4 yrs after HS & 3 more 9/11 & a bitter divorce what's another 13 yrs. more and a pension...

Fu, You continue to be a scab on the ass of life....
Are you just pissed at still being a G-man?

No Promotion?
No Busts?
No Nothing?

You claim to be the big FBI Guy
Go play war with someone else you
melting warrior encased in a candy-assed shell...
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Does your nose grow as you type?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

First order:
PSUFAN wrote: I find it strange that you apparently believe that a clusterfuck was inevitable, no matter how many troops were used. Are you not a supporter of the war?
I support the troops and I believe Bush is doing his job.

Second
Indeed it is patriotic to realistically plan for such things, because they are charged with the lives and fortunes of Americans, and as such caution, patience, and INTELLIGENCE is required. Yet, the realistic voices were shouted down by this cabal, to the detriment of our Nation.

This cabal is anything but patriotic, upon reflection. Their egomania and delusion works toward their own goals, not those of Americans. For shame.
:meds: The source is being considered. Take patriotism, and put it on the shelf. Take pop psychological babble and put it on the shelf, I'm sorry I brought that up at all.

Back to business

The "headlong rush to occupation of Iraq" was successful. Rumsfeld's and his military planners calculations were correct and Iraq fell quickly.
Since clarity seems to be a little scare, let me offer some of the crystal-clear: I believe, along with Powell and most other folks, that more troops on the ground after the invasion would have allowed the Coalition to better secure Iraq, so that the insurgency would have not found such fertile ground to spawn.
We agree that the actual "occupation" has been deadly and it is what is being called into question. What would more troops, more checkpoints, more vehicles not engineered for the types of patrolling needed have provided ?

That's the answer I'm trying to get in order to make up my mind.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

Rack Fu wrote:Does your nose grow as you type?
Does your chin hair?
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

ADAM wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:Does your nose grow as you type?
Does your chin hair?
I grew a beard while I was in Afghanistan for Operation Enduring Freedom. I was part of a hybrid USMC/Army squad. Remember that picture that I posted stating that I was in one branch yet the uniform clearly had the markings of the other branch? Then I got piled-on for being a no good, worthless, lying douchebag.

Sincerely,
Adam
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

See you at Ft. Hood.....

20 bucks says I break your arm...........

Request SSgt Roberts
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

ADAM wrote:"cabal" is an often misused word....
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cabal
ca·bal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k-bl, -bäl)
n.
A conspiratorial group of plotters or intriguers: “Espionage is quite precisely it -- a cabal of powerful men, working secretly” (Frank Conroy).
A secret scheme or plot.
If one takes seriously the allegations of secrecy that have been leveled at the Bush Administration by any of a number of sources, then "cabal," at least in the instant case, is not misused.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

ADAM wrote:See you at Ft. Hood.....

20 bucks says I break your arm...........

Request SSgt Roberts
Awwwwwwwww, does your vag hurt?
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Adam,
You, yes you, posted a pic of yourself once. You had short dark hair, a goatee and weren't wearing a shirt. You were sort of in a "muscle" flex pose and claimed that a friend of yours took the pic while you were liquored up. You were the victim of an epic pile-on (see a trend?) for posting that pic because you looked like one of those white trash, trailer park goobers that we see on Cops every week (someone has to have that pic).

Recall, bitch?

You're trying to tell me that you, yes you, of sunken chest, 145 lbs., with arms the same size from wrist to bicep, are going to break my arm?

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Like I told you when you made that threat back then... hit the gym for a few years and take some martial arts lessons.

Gimme a break, pencilneck.