Neckcar contest rules question

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Driver pick rules

Poll ended at Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:02 am

Use any 4 drivers you want
27%
Use only 2 from the top 10
73%

Total votes: 11

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Neckcar contest rules question

Post by War Wagon »

Originally, we intended to require that after the 1st segment, teams were required to have 2 drivers from with-in the top 10 in points, and 2 from outside the top 10.

I'm having 2nd thoughts about that now, and want to get everyone's input as to whether or not that's good rule. It'll mean most all of us won't be able to use the drivers we did the same segment.

I'll reserve judgement (not vote) until I see which way the wind blows.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I thought we went with the 2 in the top ten and two out of on segment three only last year? I say keep it the same way.

Signed,

Winnar of Segment One. 8)
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

yeah

it was for the last segment only.

pickers at the bottom of the standings had 1st choice for their drivers too.
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

We should've had this figured before we got to this point...in case some of us have re-pick our drivers to be within the rules before the start of the next race. I'm fine with either way. The 2 and 2 makes the game more challenging because it would be too easy to just pick 4 guys from the top 10.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:We should've had this figured before we got to this point...in case some of us have re-pick our drivers to be within the rules before the start of the next race. I'm fine with either way. The 2 and 2 makes the game more challenging because it would be too easy to just pick 4 guys from the top 10.
We did have this figured out.
War Wagon wrote:I've been waiting seems like forever for Feb. to roll around and thank gawd it's finally here. The Daytona 500 is less than 3 weeks away and it's time to get our NASCAR pick 'em game fired back up. Hopefully Mac22 will awaken from his mid winter slumber and agree to take on the scoring duties again. Helluva job last year, Mac.

Anyways, same rules as last year except for one change. More to come on that.

The season will be divided into 4 segments:

Segment 1 = Week 1 thru 8
Segment 2 = Week 9 thru 16
Segment 3 = Week 17 thru 25
Segment 4 = The Chase

Pick any 4 drivers for your team during the first segment. No team may have all 4 of the same drivers, so first come first served.

After segment one, and this is the rules change, you must pick 2 drivers from with-in the current top 10 in the points standings, and 2 from out of the top 10. To continue to participate in the contest, you must post your team before each segment even if you have no changes.

Driver points will come directly from NASCAR.com

Any questions?

viewtopic.php?t=13757
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

^^^^^ Agree with that.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I thought I remembered reading that before...thanks.
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

I'll have to edit as well, but I like it better with taking two outside the top ten
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Shoalzie wrote:The 2 and 2 makes the game more challenging because it would be too easy to just pick 4 guys from the top 10.
Thus the reasoning behind the rules change in the first place.

So far the voting is trending (5-2) towards going with the rule as originally posted (and re-posted by Bri), and I tend to agree, even though it pains me to have to choose between the 3 drivers I currently have in the top 10. I've never had that problem before.

My head says to never change the rules midstream. My heart says, fuck that noise...MY TEAM RULES!

Let's give it another day or two and see how the votes end up before making a decision.

If there's a tie, I'll cast the tiebreaker, because I'm the decider!
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Looks like we're all going to only use 2 drivers from the top 10 in points at this particular moment.

Please edit your team if you currently have picked more than two. That's what I'm going to have to do, as well.

Sorry for any confusion.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.