2 kids hurt at baseball game..

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Jack
enigma

2 kids hurt at baseball game..

Post by Jack »

I haven't seen an article here on this..

Two Kids Hurt During Money Drop at Mich. Minor League Game

COMSTOCK PARK, Mich. — Two children were injured in a scramble to grab cash being dropped from a helicopter as part of a promotion after a minor league baseball game.

About $1,000 in cash was dropped Saturday from the helicopter over Fifth Third Ballpark's outfield as children lined the outfield fence.

After the cash was dropped, the children scrambled. A 7-year-old boy was trampled and taken to a hospital, while a 7-year-old girl got a bloody lip after being pushed onto the ground.

The boy, Tino Rodriquez, of Grant, suffered bruises to his chest and back, said his grandmother, Rita Rodriquez.

"Doctors said he got trampled pretty good," she said.

The cash drop took place after the West Michigan Whitecaps' 3-0 win over the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays. It was the first time the Class A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers had conducted such a promotion.

"It's for fun and games," spokeswoman Katie Kroft said. "This is why we have everybody sign a waiver."

Tino's grandfather, Ruben Rodriquez, said he was surprised that children as young as 5 were allowed to participate with others as old as 12

Who's bright idea was that?? and dropping Susan B. Anthony's from a Helicopter onto Kid's domes????

Somebody is either getting fired or promoted!!!
DMike316
Elwood

Re: 2 kids hurt at baseball game..

Post by DMike316 »

Jack wrote:The boy, Tino Rodriquez
Were there any pro scouts on hand?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Jack wrote:Who's bright idea was that?? and dropping Susan B. Anthony's from a Helicopter onto Kid's domes????

Somebody is either getting fired or promoted!!!
Mike Veeck?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
UCant#2
Elwood

Post by UCant#2 »

Jack wrote:being dropped from a helicopter as part of a promotion

As God as my witness, I thought they could fly.

Sin,

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

[zysdale]Damn. When I was a kid I used to be a batboy for that team, at that ballpark. It was an awesome park for a single A baseball team, and drew good crowds.[/zysdale]
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

UCant#2 wrote:
Jack wrote:being dropped from a helicopter as part of a promotion

As God as my witness, I thought they could fly.

Sin,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, did you pull that out of 'yer ass or what? Great "get".
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Fun IS good---except when it turns bad !!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I didn't know that was what happened. I was watching the local news and they teased the story showing two kids doing the dizzy bat game. That's pretty bad to have elementary school kids kill each other to grab some cash. I know minor league games like to make games fun and get the fans involved but teaching kids at an early age that it's okay to trample one another for money isn't the smartest thing. Shame on the Whitecaps organization for doing something like that...hopefully that's the last time they do that.

War Cameron Maybin
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Anyone who has ever set up an Easter egg hunt for a large group of children would know that this was a bad idea.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

"It's for fun and games," spokeswoman Katie Kroft said. "This is why we have everybody sign a waiver."
oh well no shit. nice job, kate, re-confirming that pr cunts are the dumbest sacks of shit on earth.

war $1 beer fridays during the summer at old kent park