Air Traffic Controller Negotiations

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Air Traffic Controller Negotiations

Post by Ang »

I don't really lose sleep over this one, but I got an email from a family member who is an air traffic controller at a major airport and was wondering...what do other folks think of this?

FAIR FAA

I love to fly but it scares the hell out of me, and I would like air traffic controllers to be as happy and as fairly treated as possible...but not sure exactly what this action is supposed to do. It sounds to me that the way it is now that if no one can make a decision even after it goes to Congress for 60 days...the contract is imposed. This measure takes it to binding arbitration instead.

I'm all for anything that makes Congress actually do something besides not do something, but this seems a bit weird with all the protections that the unions have already.

The huge kicker is that the backers are saying that the air traffic control system is going to be in such a hard shape because so many people are retiring. You know when those folks retire? age 50. And if they can't recruit with all the bennies and great pay...I'm wondering why.

Just seemed like a break from all the nuclear doom scenarios :)