Wrong on so many levels.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Wrong on so many levels.

Post by Nishlord »

Sorry if this is Glass Dick material.
World of Warcraft, otherwise known simply as WoW, is one of the most popular and successful computer games in history. It is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game that 6 million people pay $10 -15 per month to play. This type of popularity creates a sample size that is large enough to reflect the forces that control it. In Layman's terms, with this many people playing this online game at any given time human nature tends to get a stronger representation.

The first "reality" check was a bug that caused a plague to outbreak and affect people's characters in certain cases instantly killing any player below a certain level.

The second "reality" check was when this group of Warcraft players otherwise known as a guild interrupted a memorial service. Apparently, some dude dies in real life who is a popular WoW player. The people in the game think it would be nice to have a memorial for the player so they log into his account, take the character to a lake, and set it up for everyone to come pay their respects.

A bunch of dudes decide this would be a great time to ambush everyone so they run over a hill, kill the dead guy's character, and then wipe out everyone who was there to show their respects. They filmed the whole thing and put it on the net for everyone to see.

http://spikedhumor.com/articles/22282/W ... Video.html
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

... and that's why they call it roleplaying.
on a short leash, apparently.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

better than watching fucking soccer.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

WAR being opportunistic. Looks like they racked up a lot of points.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Cicero wrote:better than watching fucking soccer.

U*N*D*E*R*S*T*A*T*E*M*E*N*T*
E UNUM PLURIBUS
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

I don't know soccer is showing more and more potential all the time
.[web]http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 47&cc=3888[/web]

Can you imagine everytime your favorite team lost a playoff game just go wait for them at the airport and kick their asses. WIll teach them not to lose again.

Oh yea Rack those guys for going gangsta and pulling an online video game drive by. It does look like they scored some good points there.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Aw, did I upset you, little man?
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Risa

Post by Risa »

Well, it is kinda boring, though, man.... but like baseball/nascar/golf kinda boring. A lot of people are into those, too; and they do have their intense moments, some more than others.

but to have to sit through a whole thing?

I don't know.. if you're gonna watch low scoring high intensity games, for me that's fulfilled by hockey. Maybe a soccer field is too big, and the compactness of the ice rink adds to the drama. For me.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

When did Nish become a full time Bobby42?

Ctrl-C is all I've seen from the dude lately, and by lately, I'm talking the last year or so.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

I feel no need to raise the bar on here anymore.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Risa wrote:For me.
For yourself?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Nishlord wrote:I feel no need to raise the bar on here anymore.
Run smack into it, then. It might occasion some much-needed dental work.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

From the title of this thread, I thought it was a call-out of the Bush Administration.

My bad. Carry on.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

You are hilarious TiC.
hardcrow
Fingerpainter

Post by hardcrow »

This shit happens in Iraq every other week.....

Shiite/Sunni Funeral=75 more funerals next week...

I still laughed at the vid tho... :lol:
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Cicero wrote:You are hilarious TiC.
leave it to the resident with rug-burned knees to get off a limp-wristed defense of his pimp.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Cicero wrote:You are hilarious TiC.
leave it to the resident with rug-burned knees to get off a limp-wristed defense of his pimp.

You are hilarious Screw.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

PSUFAN wrote:
Run smack into it, then. It might occasion some much-needed dental work.
An absolutely prime example of what I was saying earlier.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Ahh.

Well, good thing for some of us it just comes naturally.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I just downloaded a high-res verswion of that video in which you can actually read some of the stuff on the screen.

Good stuff.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Link? I was wondering what they were saying during the smack down.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Risa

Post by Risa »

They were roleplaying assholes. Is an asshole roleplayed an asshole in life?
Opperator 4/4/2006 9:08:32 PM

Level: 19
Voting Power: 2.8
Total Posts: 451
No respect for anyone or anything, apparantly not life itself. I would get angry with whoever participated in the destruction of that funeral.. but why waste my breath on people that don't have the intellect to respect something as simple as friendship.

Those people most likely felt like they knew that person very well, they might have been talking to him for years. Shared stories, laughter and heck, maybe even a few tears.

Then, when this person dies, the only thing they can do in a group activity to honor his life is an online funeral. In their own way, much like in the real world, they are saying goodbye to a person they might have cared for.

Is it really that crazy an idea? Yes it IS a game, a role playing game. A massively social game where people come together to do battle, make friends, chat up about one thing or another. Millions of people come together every day and share a few minutes together, maybe even hours.

This is accepted, yet when someone dies, we are not allowed to say goodbye? Suddenly we're geeks, prone to loudmouth 14 year olds who didn't have it in them to respect someone if their life depended on it.

MMORPG's are social events. If you want a game in it's purest form, go play an FPS.
well said.
breakout-09 4/4/2006 10:34:50 PM

Level: 3
Voting Power: 1.2
Total Posts: 0
From what I've heard they held the funeral in a "hostile" area of warcraft, when there are other areas where they could have held it without being attacked, so they can stop complaining. There are other ways of mourning together (teamspeak, a chat paying respects to the player, etc).

Nice music and setup of the video.
so maybe it was a set-up by the guild that did the killing. besides... who makes a fucking 'movie' of a video game?
hackafrack 4/5/2006 1:09:28 AM

Level: 2
Voting Power: 1.1
Total Posts: 9
OK EVERYone on WOW knows that when you play PVP it leaves you open to getting tagged now matter WHAT youre doing , A funeral , a marriage , dog grooming, it doesnt matter thats kinda the point.

a "service" if you will , should have been arranged on a seperate site if you want No risk of interruption.

Now that ive said that..DAAAAAAAAAMN those hordies got beat DOWN . A well played ambush.
p.v.p.? well, that explains some shit.

and this is why i've never played p.v.p. too many damn Online Big Men With Big Fucking Guns And Little Bitty Dicks sitting in their dorm rooms or cubicles or wherever fucking it up for everyone else. there is no role-playing. it's just hack and slash.. with teams.

give me the philosophy of the solo cleric any day
(a philosophy EQ2 had to fuck over for the almighty dollar. yen. whatever).

Anybody else feel this was a set up?
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Whatever it was, it was funny.

I wish I would've known about it. I can't stand those kind of games but I would've bought it, learned how to play it enough to join in the carnage and joined in on the rampage.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Rack Fu wrote:Whatever it was, it was funny.

I wish I would've known about it. I can't stand those kind of games but I would've bought it, learned how to play it enough to join in the carnage and joined in on the rampage.
Second.

Rack that ambush.