Post of the week...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post of the week...

Post by M2 »

Dinsdale wrote:My first time opening this forum. Probably be the last.

But, a couple of points:

To the bible-thumpers: For some reason, you have it in your head that just because people disagree with your theories, that they're somehow out to destroy you.

I can only speak for myself, but am probably speaking for the majority when I say this just isn't true (although the thumpers seem to find some sort of unity in the "they're out to get us," much the way exremist muslims do, which is a great bunch of folks to emulate ). Matter of fact, I'm quite dedicated to living my life by a document that says you have every right to practice your religion as you see fit, and I'm quite OK with that.

The problem is, that's not good enough for you.

Earlier, I used the word "theories." That's exactly what they are, and the majority don't base those theories on anything factual, but instead on legends and scare tactics handed down through generations. To each their own -- if you choose to remove your children's freedom of choice and close their mind, I guess that's your business.

But the reason you take so much shit, is because it's a very rare religious practitioner that is willing to settle for their legal rights -- they want the right to tell other people how to think. They expect...no, demand that people respect their Constitutional Right to Freedom Of Religion, yet they just flat REFUSE to honor the Constitution in regards to Freedom FROM Religion, which is also outlined in the BOR. They have the unmitigated gall to try and lobby for legislation that caters to their religion. They just plain refuse to keep their religion within their homes and in their houses of worship (which they also run as tax-free business entities, but that's another topic...because I'm sure God condones working a scam wherever you can find one).

And this clear example of the religious folks KTOA is why the respect for religious practitioners is dwindling every day.

But they just can't see it, because their religion taught them arrogance, and they not only want to choose their own religion and morals, they also want to choose everybody else's...since they're "enlightened," and all.

Thumpers -- you want people top respect your beliefs? It's a two-way steet, dumbasses. You want to get respect, you better be willing to give it. And it's such a small, small percentage of religious folks who are willing to do so.

And people with no respect for others, who insist on looking down their noses at others, just aren't ever going to get any. And the problem is growing exponentially all the time.

Enjoy your dying fairy tales, thumpers. You earned every last little bit of ridicule and disrespect that's come your way.

Oh, and btw -- keep your fucking religion out of my goverment, OK? You know, like that document that grants you the right to tell fairy tales every Sunday says you're supposed to?

Other than that, I don't care who you speak in tongues to...because I'm an American, and that's what we do. I just wish most of you would learn what being an American is about, so you could return the favor...but you won't, because you're taught not to.

Your religion was doomed from the onset, and with the rapidly expanding population and communications, that process is being sped up all the time. It's a self-defeating mindset...but it looks good on you.

Good job dins.

m2
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I can only speak for myself
That, from Dins???

It is to laugh!
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

You two make a charming couple.

Try not to get his dick caught between your teeth, dIvanbloe.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jeez Van, I try to make a sincere, heartfelt post, and this is what I get for it?

Derision from you?

No Christmas card for you, buddy.

At least M2 likes me, so I've got that going for me...
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Spinach Genie wrote:You two make a charming couple.

Do you live in Alabama by choice???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

m2
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Spinach Genie wrote:You two make a charming couple.

Aren't you the guy engaging in critical analysis of other peole's sense of humor recently?

Well, after reading that, I can see how you feel qualified for that role...no, really.

Lots of bark, not much bite.
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

^What does this have to do with you and chainmail getting a room?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Buc, why are you gay?

This should be good...

Southern folk always blame someone else for their miss givens.

m2
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Spinich Genie25 -- nope. Still not funny. Try again.

I mean...you're the self-appointed humor critic, so you must be quite the expert, right?

C'mon, big guy...show us how it's done.

I'll hold my breath.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Dinsdale wrote:Spinich Genie25 -- nope. Still not funny. Try again.

I mean...you're the self-appointed humor critic, so you must be quite the expert, right?

C'mon, big guy...show us how it's done.

I'll hold my breath.
Can you find a post where Buc was funny?

If so, I'll never post here again...

of course, his post here will not count.

m2
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh dude -- when most people here think of "funny," Spinich Royal25's name comes up with the stalwarts like Nish, Biggie, Filthy, and the whole gut-busting crew.

Tell me you knew?

OK, I was just kidding. He sure barks a lot for a toothless dog, though.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

You have to give him...

something?

Isn't livin' in bama kinda funny?

I can't stop laughing at an "Auburn" education.

It's gotta be the JC version of Bama'

m2
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

m2 wrote:Isn't livin' in bama kinda funny?
Never been there. Heard almost nothing but horrible things about the place and people, though. I'll reserve judgement until I see it myself.

Their track record isn't too impressive, though.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'll rack the post, and the followup.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

Dinsdale wrote:Spinich Genie25 -- nope. Still not funny. Try again.
I'm laughing at, not with, Dimmy.

You girls have fun.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Buc, let's go old school and pull a nugget out of this one. It's rather disappointing to brush up against the idea that you'll just drop a "you girls have fun" and then move on out. I happen to know that you're better than that.

What specifically do you take issue with in the quoted post? Is it the poster, or what the poster is saying?

At any rate, to those who don't know/can't remember, Buc can bring it with the best of them.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

I'm just in for some light chainmail harassment. As to Dim's post, I'm not sure of the context...however I find it a rather typical panty-wetting full of generalizations and recriminations that might make even Pat Robertson proud. I'm not a christian, but I live in a town that is as majority christian as anywhere you might find. Among them, I've met a few vocal sorts...but most keep their spiritual lives to themselves and attempt to be good people. Politically, they have their opinions and vote them just like everyone else. However, contrary to Dim's comparison to muslims, they didn't begin burning and rioting when Roy Moore's rock got hauled out of the statehouse. I find the vast majority far less arrogant than the tones dominating Dinsdale's post and in fact most churches around here are as involved if not more so in charitable works than anyone. I live in probably the most christian-dominated society in this country, and I've found attitudes toward christians every bit as arrogant and preachy as the worst of those they rail against. My philosophy has always been live and let live, and I find if I ain't looking for it, I typically don't find it.

PS - m2, I just have to know, what university offers a program of study in windchime sales? :wink:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK.

You took issue with some or all of my statements, you gave your reasons why, and then you used firsthand anecdotal evidence to support your stance.

Was still completely devoid of any humor, but well done, regardless.

Was that so hard?

Walking the walk is much better than talking the talk.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Spinach Genie wrote:PS - m2, I just have to know, what university offers a program of study in windchime sales? :wink:
Nor'eastern?
"I see everything twice!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Smackie Chan wrote: Nor'eastern?
Clever.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

I like you dins if that counts for anything.
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jtr wrote:I like you dins if that counts for anything.

Awwww, how sweet.

I guess it does count for something -- that and $3.50 gets me a cup of joe at Starbucks.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

m2 wrote:You have to give him...

something?

Isn't livin' in bama kinda funny?

I can't stop laughing at an "Auburn" education.

It's gotta be the JC version of Bama'

m2
god, what an ignernt spamming twat you are. Bama is the state school. It don't take much to get in. Less if your 40 time is low enough. Auburn is a respected engineering school. I am guessing that it takes a bit more to get in. Good combine scores ofcourse get you in there as well.

The lack of a wind chime marketing program does not mean a school is an inferior one. Nor does being located in the south, believe it or not.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

"Your religion was doomed from the onset, and with the rapidly expanding population and communications, that process is being sped up all the time." --Dinsdale

At the risk of picking a fight with you, Dindale, I suspect that "Bible thumpers" and the religion you associate with them will be around long, long after you have passed this mortal realm. But good luck and all with that futile and feeble ranting lost in the din of the secular society that passes as American culture these days. Your's is just one more voice in a history of antagonistic voices that have all eventually been silenced by religion's longevity and everyday relevance. People have been predicting the demise of morality and the institutions which celebrate those virtues since... the fall of creation, I suppose. And, oddly enough, those institutions have withstood the test of time-- something I guarantee, you will not. But like I say, good luck with that. You're going to need it.

Rooster
Cock o' the walk, baby!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

genie makes a good point. dins rants about "freedom from religion".

show me where there are christians proposing mandatory church attendance or anything close to it. they just are a little pissed about the fact that the antireligion nazis want to make it illegal to have any mention of religion outside ones home or place of worship. and the anti religion nazis really go off the deep end when someone suggests that they have the right to have their child taught in a religious environment.

this ofcourse would endanger one of their biggest rackets, public education. and without all those gubmint unionized shills, their party would be in danger of drying up and blowing away.
rozy
Cowboy

Re: Post of the week...

Post by rozy »

Dinsdale wrote:My first time opening this forum. Probably be the last.

But, a couple of points:

To the bible-thumpers: For some reason, you have it in your head that just because people disagree with your theories, that they're somehow out to destroy you.
~click~
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
OTST
Elwood

Post by OTST »

Actually, I agree with Dins and I keep my faith to myself. I respect other's beliefs and don't push mine on anyone like those that push their political beliefs on these boards.

I agree that the "thumper" crowd are a bunch of assholes that don't know the first thing about their alleged religion... just like the Muslims, etc.

Personal faith in a deity is one's private matter that is gained through knowledge and experience. If you have any basic high school knowledge of World History, it is painfully obvious that religion was manipulated by those in power.

All that aside, believing what I believe... I will never push my beliefs on any of you tards/ losers/ married to the hottest hottie/ good looking/ in shape/ spell checking hypoctite/ drunken comrades other than to make fun when I have the time and inclination.

Pat Robertson is given cred by whom? Jerry Falwell? These asshats don't represent the religion they claim to follow by any stretch.

Fuck them up the ass with a pitch fork dipped in lava... and fuck all Muslimes to Hell. :lol:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dins, okay, to be fair...

(...as if being fair and sticking to the subject matter instead of merely going apeshit with orgiastic glee over seeing another chance to "Dins" someone is something with which you're even remotely familiar... :-) )

...I couldn't agree more with your post.

In fact, I'll go you one step further: Between Roger_The_Shrubber and all the barbarism constantly being committed in the name of Islam you'll have to forgive me if I don't edge ever closer to coming to a final conclusion that organized religion (and especially the desire to convert others to/punish others because of one's beliefs) is the single most damning curse ever bestowed upon mankind.

There's very likely no more destructive force in all of human history. I'm still pondering Monetary Greed and The Desire For Power as being other possibilities, but really they both eventually end up dovetailing nicely with Organized Religion anyway so I suspect O.R. is really Numero Uno...

tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

My 2 pence:
Din's heartfelt generic post; with a tad of a tweaking, would also apply to the gay movement, or any other group in agenda mode.

The ReaL Jesus Loves Each And Everyone Of You All To Pieces
Amen.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

tough love wrote:My 2 pence:
Din's heartfelt generic post; with a tad of a tweaking, would also apply to the gay movement, or any other group in agenda mode.

The ReaL Jesus Loves Each And Everyone Of You All To Pieces
Amen.
Cool.

I was gettin' a little disillusioned with the fake one.

Thank god, for the TB1 followers... or we could end up going down the wrong path, once again.
OTST
Elwood

Post by OTST »

TL and Van went "Barry" -> Yard. mt00l, you went to refill the water pitchers during your school session.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote:I couldn't agree more with your post.

Really?

I was just making that shit up as I went along. If you actually agree, you might need to see a licensed therapist ASAP, you raving nutcase.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Van wrote:Dins, okay, to be fair...

...I couldn't agree more with your post.

In fact, I'll go you one step further: Between Roger_The_Shrubber and all the barbarism constantly being committed in the name of Islam you'll have to forgive me if I don't edge ever closer to coming to a final conclusion that organized religion (and especially the desire to convert others to/punish others because of one's beliefs) is the single most damning curse ever bestowed upon mankind.

There's very likely no more destructive force in all of human history. I'm still pondering Monetary Greed and The Desire For Power as being other possibilities, but really they both eventually end up dovetailing nicely with Organized Religion anyway so I suspect O.R. is really Numero Uno...
In one respect, you're quite correct.

OTOH, consider this: much of what we know about world history in general, and the history of the Middle Ages in particular, is solely the result of the work of the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church also came up with the calendar we use today, btw.

More recently, religious faith is, for many people, the only thing that allows them to soldier on in the face of overwhelming tragedy.

Whatever gets you through the night, is all right. Imho, anyway. All I ask is that you respect the fact that my beliefs might be different from yours.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Terry, blind religious faith so often is the root cause of those overwhelming tragedies.

Wars...

Living blissfully ignorant in third world poverty, caring not at all about your pathetic existence (or even realizing how pathetic it is) because you'll see your reward in the Hereafter...

Letting "God's will do its work" rather than doing something about things yourself, such as taking your sick fucking child to an actual doctor...

And now, once again, terrorism, including the cowardly promise/threat of religion as a means of getting weak sheep to do your evil bidding...

For the most part Karl Marx was dead on correct.

Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

mvscoocoo wrote:
Every religion on earth combined can't touch Communism's body count.
Something about the Crusades...?

....kidding.....sorta'..... :wink:
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:
Van wrote:For the most part Karl Marx was dead on correct.
Speaking of "root causes of overwhelming tragedies"...

Every religion on earth combined can't touch Communism's body count.
I was only referring to his "Religion is the opiate of the masses" comment, not communism.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Plenty of horrible shit has happened in the name of organized religion. But, do you really think that a belief in god caused the horror? I am of the opinion, that people have a natural tendency to be self centered twats, particularly when put in power. They will use religion or whatever to carry out their selfish agenda.

I think plenty of good has come from religion as well. As terry says, it gives some the strength to carry on. It also can be helpful if folks think, well, gosh maybe I shouldn't be a complete arse to others or I'll end up in a really nasty place with some bloke poking me with a pitch fork. Or worse yet, forced to sit in front of a monitor for eternity reading IB c&p abominations.

As for me, I don't buy it, but, I sure as hell can respect it and realize that it is one of the things that has held civilization together over the centuries, even though it has done it's share to rip it apart as well.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

smackaholic wrote:Plenty of horrible shit has happened in the name of organized religion. But, do you really think that a belief in god caused the horror?
No, I believe that the abuse of power inherent in playing on people's fears surrounding their belief in god caused the horror.
I am of the opinion, that people have a natural tendency to be self centered twats, particularly when put in power. They will use religion or whatever to carry out their selfish agenda.
And organized religion is the easiest one to use because it seems the most selfless and it's the most passionate.
I think plenty of good has come from religion as well.
Innate religion, ie, an individual's personal codes of conduct/moral compass/etc, sure. I'd even go so far as to include pockets of benevolence inherent in various communities that get together to help people out.

Organized religion though as a whole? Almost never.
As terry says, it gives some the strength to carry on.
Opiate of the masses. What you call "the strength to carry on" I call an excuse to do nothing that would make things truly better. It removes personal responsibility, except insofar as you have these gawdawfully little easy child/parent rules to follow.

Lowest common denominator crap that nobody should need to be told to follow, that's all that's required.
It also can be helpful if folks think, well, gosh maybe I shouldn't be a complete arse to others or I'll end up in a really nasty place with some bloke poking me with a pitch fork.
Like I said, easy chld/parent level rules. Nobody should be made to fear Hell in order to not act like a total douche. It's really pathetic, bottom line.
Or worse yet, forced to sit in front of a monitor for eternity reading IB c&p abominations.
Nobody's forced to do either one. Anymore, as soon as I see a long IB post and I see it's about one of her "causes" I simply scroll right on by...
As for me, I don't buy it, but, I sure as hell can respect it and realize that it is one of the things that has held civilization together over the centuries, even though it has done it's share to rip it apart as well.
It went a long way towards created civilizations, sure, and it also helped to destroy them. Except from an achitectural level ( :D ) society as a whole never benefits from it. Only those in power ever truly benefit from it...