Look who had to race dirty to win again

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Look who had to race dirty to win again

Post by Cross Traffic »

Kurt Fucking Busch. :x

Hey Jarrett you old has been, get the hell out of the way. Your car is as slow as a UPS truck. Ever since the UPS sponsorship, that car has been the suck.

Nice to see Gordon have some emotion after the race, giving Kenseth a shove. :lol:
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

nice to see gordon has his own double standard... it's ok when i won races doing it, but now someone did it to me, so i should be pissed.

oh well.
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Gordons hypocrisy still has me laughing. :lol:

Congrats to Kurt.
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

I am still baffled by the 88 not moving over- can't believe he wasn't punted into the wall. Martinsville should be very interesting this week.

BTW...

Petty 8th at Atlanta
Labonte 5th at Bristol- I've been waiting a long time :)
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

What would have been real fun to watch would've been if Harvick could have gotten to Krackhead's rear bumper with a few laps left. I guarantee Busch's car would've been turned sideways.

As for Busch bumping Kenseth, that's what he had to do to win the race, so I don't blame him a bit for doing what he had to do. The #2 car was obviously faster, and the #17 should have got the fuck out the way, or not be suprised when he gets moved out the way. At least he didn't wreck him. Kenseth crying about that is crap, especially after he wrecked Gordon.

Not that I mind anybody ruining Jeffy's day. :D
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

This hate on Kurt Busch is like a no win situation. All the guy did was win and he gets boo-ed. I don't know what he has to do to get someone on his side, whether it be fans or drivers. He's highly colorful and entertaining. More so than Harvick. Harvick is an attention whore. :lol:

I'm still laughing about Jeffie. The interview right after the race was classic. :lol:
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote:What would have been real fun to watch would've been if Harvick could have gotten to Krackhead's rear bumper with a few laps left. I guarantee Busch's car would've been turned sideways.

As for Busch bumping Kenseth, that's what he had to do to win the race, so I don't blame him a bit for doing what he had to do. The #2 car was obviously faster, and the #17 should have got the fuck out the way, or not be suprised when he gets moved out the way. At least he didn't wreck him. Kenseth crying about that is crap, especially after he wrecked Gordon.

Not that I mind anybody ruining Jeffy's day. :D
RACK

pack, DJ didn't get out of the way because he was the last car on the lead lap. He wasn't lapped yet. Another caution, which is always a distinct probability, would have brought him all the way around to the pack again with 4 fresh tires and a chance to pick up spots. If Kenseth couldn't get around him, that's on Kenseth.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

trev wrote:I don't know what he has to do to get someone on his side
May I suggest swallowing the business end of a Mossberg 12 gauge? I would be on his side then... Hell, I'll guide his finger to the trigger if he asks me nicely.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

trev wrote:This hate on Kurt Busch is like a no win situation. All the guy did was win and he gets boo-ed. I don't know what he has to do to get someone on his side, whether it be fans or drivers.
Krackhead has, at one time or another, pissed off just about every driver he's ever been around with his utter recklessness and careless disregard for racing clean. It will take a whole lot to change fans and other drivers opinion of that.

He's highly colorful and entertaining.
Bullshit. He's as boring an interview as they get, not to mention a goofy looking twerp who had to get his ears pinned back to his head with plastic surgery to avoid looking like Dumbo.
More so than Harvick.
Double Bullshit. Harvick is verrah 8).
Harvick is an attention whore.
Yeah, but he's also funnier than hell and isn't afraid to tell you exactly what he really thinks. He never pulls his punches or tries to be politically correct. He's an attention whore in a good way, in that he's a natural in front of the camera's and microphone's.

He also happen's to be driving the RCR Goodwrench Chevy, and that trumps everything. He stepped in and took over for Dale Earnhardt after the tragedy and has had to shoulder the burden of those expectations and that legacy. He's done it with class, style, and never a whimper.

RACK Kevin Harvick!!!
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

rozy wrote: Hell, I'll guide my finger to the trigger if she asks me nicely.
Fixed. :)

Seriously, you don't mean what you said.

And wags, I've been schooled by you, I think.
I'm not sure I buy it. Time will tell. The hate in racing
is more because "I didn't win." Or "My driver didn't win."

It's all very fascinating. :D
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote: pack, DJ didn't get out of the way because he was the last car on the lead lap. He wasn't lapped yet. Another caution, which is always a distinct probability, would have brought him all the way around to the pack again with 4 fresh tires and a chance to pick up spots.
I'll have to beg to differ. Even if he had been lapped and then there was a caution, he would have got the "lucky dog" and then been right back at the tail end of the lead lap. But DJ is senile old school dog who probably doesn't even understand the new rule. :)
If Kenseth couldn't get around him, that's on Kenseth.
This is true to an extent. But Kenseth is smart enough to know that you don't mess with an old schooler like DJ. Hell, DJ wouldn't have just pushed him like Jeffy did. He'd have waited until looong after the race to extract his pound of flesh out of Kenseth's scared little ass.

Bottom line. DJ should have got out of the way, but a grizzled old vet like him isn't required to do shit to help whom he views as nothing more than a snot nosed punk.

WAR respecting your elders.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
I wonder if Wags will feel the same way about Harvick at this time next season when Dude is driving a TOYOTA.... :lol:
I doubt that's going to happen. Harvick has said that he doesn't think owning and driving the same car would ever work. At the same time, RCR would be foolish to let Harvick get away. So no, I don't think that's going to happen....

But if it does, yeah. I'll still dig Harvick. He's paid some heavy dues, and nothing will ever take that away.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote:
rozy wrote: pack, DJ didn't get out of the way because he was the last car on the lead lap. He wasn't lapped yet. Another caution, which is always a distinct probability, would have brought him all the way around to the pack again with 4 fresh tires and a chance to pick up spots.
I'll have to beg to differ. Even if he had been lapped and then there was a caution, he would have got the "lucky dog" and then been right back at the tail end of the lead lap. But DJ is senile old school dog who probably doesn't even understand the new rule. :)
This is true to an extent. But Kenseth is smart enough to know that you don't mess with an old schooler like DJ. Hell, DJ wouldn't have just pushed him like Jeffy did. He'd have waited until looong after the race to extract his pound of flesh out of Kenseth's scared little ass.

Bottom line. DJ should have got out of the way, but a grizzled old vet like him isn't required to do shit to help whom he views as nothing more than a snot nosed punk.

I can't agree with all of that but at the same time how can I disagree with how it's framed. :lol: :lol:
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

War Wagon wrote:

Would DJ have actually got the lucky dog though? I thought within 10 laps of the finish it wasn't awarded.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

packwin13 wrote:
War Wagon wrote:

Would DJ have actually got the lucky dog though? I thought within 10 laps of the finish it wasn't awarded.
Don't confuse him. He was giving D.J. backhanded props. That HAS to count for something... :D

Ultimately, no, Wags, DJ should NOT have got out of the way.
1. No obligation to do so
2. Hoping for a caution and a fresh set of Goodyears.
3. No lucky dog
4. The one everyone is somewhat missing. Kenseth never got close enough to bump and run him. I.E., much ado about nothing.

Irony...the 4 biggest A-holes in Nascar (not named Jeff Green) fighting for the top 4 positions down to the wire at Bristol. Something was bound to happen. :lol: :lol: Although, I must admit I would have liked to have seen Harvdick catch up to Krackhead. Would have made for some excellent TV.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

packwin13 wrote:Would DJ have actually got the lucky dog though? I thought within 10 laps of the finish it wasn't awarded.
Like I said, senile grizzled old fucks probably don't even understand the lucky dog rule. :oops:

Not that 10 laps at Bristol is anything more than a fart in a whirlwind...
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

rozy wrote:
packwin13 wrote:
War Wagon wrote: I'll have to beg to differ. Even if he had been lapped and then there was a caution, he would have got the "lucky dog" and then been right back at the tail end of the lead lap. But DJ is senile old school dog who probably doesn't even understand the new rule. :)

Don't confuse him. He was giving D.J. backhanded props. That HAS to count for something... :D

Ultimately, no, Wags, DJ should NOT have got out of the way.
1. No obligation to do so
2. Hoping for a caution and a fresh set of Goodyears.
3. No lucky dog
4. The one everyone is somewhat missing. Kenseth never got close enough to bump and run him. I.E., much ado about nothing.

Irony...the 4 biggest A-holes in Nascar (not named Jeff Green) fighting for the top 4 positions down to the wire at Bristol. Something was bound to happen. :lol: :lol: Although, I must admit I would have liked to have seen Harvdick catch up to Krackhead. Would have made for some excellent TV.

Sometimes I amaze myself...
Kenseth says no Jarrett talk-to needed

At Martinsville, Matt Kenseth said he had not talked to Dale Jarrett about an incident at the end of the previous week's Bristol race in which Kenseth felt Jarrett held him up, allowed Kurt Busch to catch him, bump him out of the way and win the Food City 500.

"He definitely had a right to be there," Kenseth said. "There's no question of that. The only thing I would say is that there's a bit of common courtesy, usually, to get out of the way of the leaders with 10 to go, but there's nothing that says you have to do it.

"He's racing for position and he has as much right to that space as I do. I don't really feel a need to talk to him [because] he didn't really do anything wrong.

"It's just that the last race he won I drafted with him and pushed him to the win when I could have chose anybody. With 10 to go if he was on my bumper I'd get out of the way because he didn't have anything to gain by not getting out of the way.

"I was just hoping for a little room, but there's nothing that says you have to give room or you have to get out of the way or any of that.

"I wasn't a lap down and as we've seen, a lot of these races end under green-white-checkered and there is no free pass in the last 10 laps," Jarrett said. "I've got to try to stay in front of the leader to try to make sure I give myself a chance to earn as many points as I possibly can.

"If the leader of the race, and that was Matt at the time, would have gotten close enough to me that I was holding him up, I know Matt well enough that he would have given me that signal with his front bumper for me to get out of the way and he never got that close.

"That's all I'm saying about that."
http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlin ... index.html

Any other questions?