_Rack Joe Rogan!

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

mouse
Elwood

_Rack Joe Rogan!

Post by mouse »

http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archiv ... icle=44170

Carlos Mencia is a weak minded joke thief.
Posted by Joe Rogan on Tue, Sep 27th, 2005 05:50am
I love comedy.
Still do, after all these years. I love a good joke, and I love a different point of view that makes me laugh.
That's why I got into stand up in the first place, because I'm a fan of the art form.
To this day, after 17 years in the business, I still get excited when a really good stand up goes on stage. It inspires me.
Whenever I see Chris Rock, or Dave Chappelle, or Dave Attell, or Doug Stanhope, or Jim Norton, or Nick DiPaolo, or any other great stand up comedian go on stage, I get happy.
I just love it. Even more now than ever before, because I really understand what goes into the craft of making good material.
The place you need to take your mind to think of something no one else has thought of before, or at least a thought that no one else has been able to put into a form that makes people laugh.
It's an amazing skill, and it's an incredibly under-appreciated art form.
I love when someone is really good at it, and I really, really fucking hate when someone is faking it.

That's why I've been so outspoken against joke thieves. There is nothing more frustrating to me than seeing someone pretending that they came up with some genius shit that someone else worked really hard to form.
I've heard the ignorant arguments from non-stand ups like "Every comic steals." Which is TOTAL bullshit.
Great comics don't steal. They may be influenced by others, especially early in their careers, but the truly great ones pride themselves in being able to craft original thoughts for their audience.
There is nothing more satisfying than taking an idea that you have, fleshing it out, finding the funny parts, perfecting the flow of the words, and then presenting it to an audience and watching them howl with laughter.
It's a fucking beautiful feeling.

A lot of comics, me included, got into comedy because we were fans of great comics, and we used to recite other comics lines to our friends.
With me, it was always Richard Pryor and Sam Kinison. They were the ones that really made me laugh, and I would recite their lines, verbatim to my friends. I loved the feeling of telling a really well crafted joke to someone that hadn't heard it before, and watching them crack up.
It was what made me think that I could and wanted to get onstage in the first place. The joy of getting to the punch line, and seeing the look of recognition from the person you were telling it to when they related to the material, and then the rush of hearing them laugh out loud at the punch lines. It's a beautiful feeling.

When you're starting out and your doing typical, clumsy material, you dream of the days when you're going to come up with some brilliant shit that's going to impress your peers.
Some people, never get there, though. The urge to kill is just too strong, and their character is just too weak. They see someone else talking about a subject, and they'll rewrite it and try to pretend it's theirs, or they'll just do it word for word, and hope no ones notices.
They never go through the hard parts, and they never learn how to do it right. They just become thieves. Their time onstage, whether they're killing or not, is just hollow fakery.
The really scary thing, is that even though a lot of people are aware of what these guys are doing, some clubs still employ them because they can "get the job done" or put "asses in the seats" and these fucking frauds actually manage to carve out a career on other people's ideas.
One of the real problems, is that very few comedians stand up for what's right. They might talk about it privately, but very few step up and take a stand. I have before, especially on the subject of Dennis Leary stealing from one of my favorite comedians, the late, great Bill Hicks.
It's commonly known amongst stand ups that Dennis stole a big chunk of Bills act, but amongst the general population it's actually a surprise to a lot of people.
Why? Pretty much because no one that anyone would listen to on the subject stood up and said something about it publicly.
No one defended the integrity of this great art form. They just let a pretender and a hack steal ideas from a great mind. He pretty much got away with it too. He went on to have success in films, and unfortunately, Bill Hicks died of cancer before most people knew who he was or what he had to say.
It really killed me, because I started out a Dennis Leary fan. I remember watching him in Boston, laughing hysterically at his act, thinking it was all his. I was really impressed. For a few months, he was actually my favorite comedian. His jokes on Jim Fix dying while jogging, and how ironic that was, and about how John Lennon was dead, but Barry Manilow continued to pump out albums made me howl.
Then, I saw Hicks, and I really got confused. He was doing the same material, almost word for word that Leary was doing.
I didn't get it. Something was wrong. I was only doing stand up for a few months at the time, so I asked some of the local pros, and they all had the same answer: "Leary is a thief."
I couldn't fucking believe it. How could this be? How could a guy stealing ideas be allowed to perform in these clubs?
The club owners just didn't seem to care. They turned a blind eye, and profited off their hired performer pilfering material from others.
It was a horrible feeling, and it set a terrible precedent.
If he could get away with it, what would stop people from stealing my shit someday?
It turns out nothing and no one would stop them unless I stood up and said something myself.

The latest, and most disgusting joke thief off all is a guy named "Carlos Mencia." The REALLY crazy thing, is that's not even his real name.
He sells himself as being mexican, but the reality is his real name is Ned Holness, and he's actually half German and half Honduran.
The mexican hook is something he did to ingratiate himself with the local Mexican population of LA where he started.
Now, normally I wouldn't dedicate so much time to talk about a piece of shit like "ned" on my website, but this stupid motherfucker talked shit about me on the radio, so it's open season for hacks.

Here's what happened, and how I reported it on my messageboard, where it all started:

I got a funny email today from one of the guys on the Frank show in Tucson saying that Carlos (aka Ned Holness -or however the fuck you spell it- his real name, aka the phony mexican or carlos menstealia- what other comics call him) was talking shit about me on the radio.
He sent me an audio file, and since I'm bored in a fucking hotel room in DC, I listened to it.

I thought I would share it with you guys because you're the cause of it with the barrage of hate you sent to his website

He talks about how you guys were saying he sounds a lot like me, and how I said "the force was weak with him" which I did, and that was being NICE. What I should have said is that he's a fucking weak minded delusional joke thief. What's really interesting, is that I said what I said about him HERE. Since this is a private forum that the public can't read unless they sign up, that means he signed up, and he's a member here.
Did he respond here?
No. Of course not.
He sits back like a little lurker sponge sucking up ideas for new "jokes" and listening to people talk shit about him, but not having the fucking balls to stand up for himself.

What's really funny, is that he refers to himself in this audio clip as "The punisher." saying that's his nickname.

Listen up, you fat delusional hack, you can't give YOURSELF a fucking nick name, you no friends having douche bag.
I'm THE TERMINATOR!!! There, I have a nick name now!! The only thing you punish is the attention span of anyone in your fucking audience with an IQ above 60.

What's really hysterical, is that he talks about a fictional occurrence at the comedy store I nervously watched him in the back of the room, and where me and a bunch of comics supposedly sat around and talked about him for an hour, and then finally in this fantasy scenario, I admitted that he's really good.

I'm gonna be real clear, stupid; that NEVER fucking happened. the only time any comic, including me watches you, is to see if your stealing material.
Which you DO. ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

See, that's why people SAY you steal. Because it's a fucking fact.

No one is running around saying Chris Rock is a thief, or Dave Chappelle is a thief, or even me for that matter. But HUNDREDS of fucking comics recognize you as a thief. What... they're all jealous? They're jealous of you and not Chris fucking Rock? Oh yeah, I forgot... he's not "The Punisher!!"

I've seen you steal over and over again. I've seen you Steal from Paul Mooney, I've seen you steal from Dave Chappelle, I've seen you steal from old Richard Pryor albums, I've seen you steal from Jeff fucking Foxworthy.

Your mind is weak. Keep talking shit, fat boy. I'll keep exposing you.

Enjoy the audio clip here: Carlos talking shit on the radio.

http://www.joerogan.net/albums/roganaud ... /CARLO.wmv

Now, the REALLY funny thing, is that "Carlos" was claiming that I was watching him onstage, pacing the back of the room, and then reluctantly admitting his greatness to other comics. Well, what's funny about that, is that my trusty camera man actually filmed "Carlos" watching ME onstage from various parts of the room, and then filmed him sucking onstage after him, and me talking about how terrible he was.
He even edited it together with the audio from the radio station in AZ.

Check it out here: Carlos OWNED.

http://www.joerogan.net/joeshow/CARLO.wmv

Here's another great article written by someone about the phony cocksucker:

http://hopeinamerica.blogspot.com/2005/ ... encia.html

Hope in America

If you really love comedy, stop supporting joke thieves.

Here's some more audio, this time of George Lopez from the Stern show yesterday talking about what a thief "Carlos" is:
Lopez on Stern.

http://www.redban.com/audio/lopez.mp3

To: joe@joerogan.net

Hello Joe!

I am mouse from San Antonio real name Mark Allen. someone posted your story about Carlos Hackett Mencia at a website I visit.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

I must say in all my 23 years of wanting to be a comic your the first person I have ever felt knows what I have been saying all this time. I started to do stand up in 1984 when Bernie Mac was lucky to get 25-35 folks in a club. I was an open Mic comic who loved to write my own material. And I must say I was good at it, So good I could not keep others from using it. I would do an open mike on the 7th of the month and maybe not show up for two weeks and on the 21st of the month I would see many comics using my stuff on stage. many comics would tell me to go kick there ass's but I am only 4ft 10 and I have never been a great fighter.

It got to the point that I just got so frustrated I stop doing stand up in 1986. Thus ending the careers of many comics also. Then the latino comedy started here in San Antonio back in the 90's I was so excited I went to do an open mike and what do you think took place? 1/2 my stuff was being used by the more seasoned comics, I was not about to do my Mexican Chopper material I knew Carlos would for sure steal it. he already has a reputaion here in San Antonio for stealing jokes.

I don't want to take up any more of your time, and I know your bored with me already, But I wanted to say your story made me have a tear in my eye, at last someone out there gives a crap and is looking out for the ones who take the time creativity to write thier own shit.

mouse in San Antonio.

me on stage. I decided to go back to doing stand up again after 20 years thanks to you brah.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37201

PS: If you get a chance? call me I have a very cool Idea for us!

210-561-9941
Last edited by mouse on Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

The next time I laugh at something Joe Rogan said will be the first.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Anyone ever heard Rogan's standup??? There is a reason he does Fear Factor.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Dude - you're 4'10"?

That's a big fucking mouse.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

He was on the local a.m. radio show a few months back and was talking about the fued with him and Rogan. From what he was saying is him and Rogan were really good friends and hung out alot while they were both up and coming in L.A. then Rogan started hanging with George Lopez and he stopped talking to him completely after that. Says Lopez is a prick and that he's heard him say stuff like he doesn't want to see any other Latino comedian make it or something like that.
Last edited by chargerfan on Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Mister Bushice wrote:Dude - you're 4'10"?

That's a big fucking mouse.

I could take you!!

signed,

Al Davis=Fidel Castro
mouse
Elwood

Post by mouse »

Take Joe Rogan out of the picture for a moment,

The facts are Carlos has many comics and other people talk show host and talent agents who have called him out on using other peoples material, You would think the guy would be embarassed by the whole thing. I found this quote.

Then there is Denis Leary who is accused by a lot more people than Joe Rogan of the same thing.

He didn't steal jokes from Hicks, he stole entire sets. The only original Denis Leary material is The Asshole Song.

Keep in mind, since Hicks is dead and no longer writing Leary's material, Leary is now a crappy TV drama "star".

There was a man in San Antonio who worked for the Express news paper and he was tired one night and did a cut and paste of some other weather man's work and he got fired. I don't see why Comedy Central does not do the same.

Now as for me stealing topics and screen names from this forum? that is a whole different story
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

mouse wrote:Take Joe Rogan out of the picture for a moment,

The facts are Carlos has many comics and other people talk show host and talent agents who have called him out on using other peoples material, You would think the guy would be embarassed by the whole thing. I found this quote.

Then there is Denis Leary who is accused by a lot more people than Joe Rogan of the same thing.

He didn't steal jokes from Hicks, he stole entire sets. The only original Denis Leary material is The Asshole Song.

Keep in mind, since Hicks is dead and no longer writing Leary's material, Leary is now a crappy TV drama "star".

There was a man in San Antonio who worked for the Express news paper and he was tired one night and did a cut and paste of some other weather man's work and he got fired. I don't see why Comedy Central does not do the same.

Now as for me stealing topics and screen names from this forum? that is a whole different story
I've always enjoyed Dennis Leary. In fact thought he was one of the greatest. Give me a link to Hicks act that Leary stole. I want to hear it. I'm not being sarcastic either. I want to hear this theft.
I fucking suck.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

mouse, heal Bungslinger's pain already!
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

Atomic Punk wrote:mouse, I was wondering the same thing. Heal my pain!
I fucking suck.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Just for laughs, Carlos Mencia should interchange Joe Rogan's name with his (and visa versa) in the above Rogan article, then run the meltdown on his web site as if it were his own.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

rack mouse
one of the most nuanced trolls, not clones but trolls, on here. good stuff.
why is my neighborhood on fire
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Gunslinger wrote:I've always enjoyed Dennis Leary. In fact thought he was one of the greatest. Give me a link to Hicks act that Leary stole. I want to hear it. I'm not being sarcastic either. I want to hear this theft.
Start with "Rant in E Minor". It's pretty obvious that Leary spent a lot of time listening to Hicks' material.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Not familiar with Rogan's stand-up.
Not into eating bugs, so the FearFactor schtick is also unfamiliar.

However, I watch a lot of UFC, but Rogan's repertoire is kind of limited to these....

"OH, he got ROCKED!"

"This is a VERY BAD POSITION for ________ - wait, he's out."

"He's going for a oma plata...or maybe a gogo plata...he let it go..."

"OH, he got ROCKED AGAIN!"
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

He was on Opie and Anthony claiming the same thing. Dudes got a hard-on for Mensia thats for sure.

FTR I dont find either comic all that funny,maybe they both should steal material from better comics.
Last edited by The Assassin on Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I'm a big fan of anything Joe Rogan does

Sin,

"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

I've heard some of Rogan's stand up before. It's not too bad. The only thing is though, he tends to get so excited when telling a really good joke that he does the whole thing in this yell/high-pitch voice that's kind of annoying. And he sounds like he's always out of breath. The material was pretty solid though.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Rogan is probably a little bitter towards Mencia considering his stint on the 'new' Man Show failed miserably and Mencia is becoming a success on Comedy Central instead of him. The other dude who was Rogan's co-host ended up on a couple of Girls Gone Wild infomercials...not that I watch that sort of thing. :wink: Adam & Jimmy have made pretty good careers for themselves after The Man Show.

Mencia is funny but Chappelle was the rising star on the station before he flamed out and left. Wasn't there supposed to be a mini-season of Chappelle Show coming out soon? I think they had four or five completed episodes that Comedy Central was going to air soon. I haven't heard anything about them lately.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I've seen Mencia's show on Comedy Central. His material is nothing new.. he's rehashing the same racial jokes that many before him have did.

Rogan hosts a show about eating bugs and jumping off moving boats which, as far as I can tell, has nothing to do with comedy.

The fact that they both have a tv show says wonders about the shit that is on tv these days.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Rogan's war of words with some putz on myspace.com - http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/ ... space.html .

Rogan jiu-jitsu grappling with another myspace warrior - http://youtube.com/watch?v=a556pUcVgO0 .

The Sherdog.net forums are a wonderful place for Rogan material.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Rack Fu wrote:Rogan's war of words with some putz on myspace.com - http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/ ... space.html .

Rogan jiu-jitsu grappling with another myspace warrior - http://youtube.com/watch?v=a556pUcVgO0 .

Rack the putz for gettin under Rogan's skin.

If Rogan is this multimillionarre and a martial arts expert, WTF does he care what some college student thinks?
Those are funny reads BTW.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

The Assassin wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:Rogan's war of words with some putz on myspace.com - http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/ ... space.html .

Rack the putz for gettin under Rogan's skin.

If Rogan is this multimillionarre and a martial arts expert, WTF does he care what some college student thinks?
Those are funny reads BTW.
In Rogan's defense (I believe that he stated why he did it somewhere else) - he gets a ton of these emails and ignores 99% of them. Sometimes he feels like responding to them for whatever reason. This kid just happened to get lucky. Getting into it with a standup comedian is probably not the smartest thing.
Mike Backer
Bozworth wanna be
Location: Middle of the formation, four yards from the line of scrimmage.

Post by Mike Backer »

Enjoy your depression. - Rogan

Enjoy balding. - Kid

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Rack the little punk.
I'm the guy who tossed Mark Cuban's salad by proxy.
mouse
Elwood

Post by mouse »

how can I give out multiple Racks w/o coming across like a kiss ass?
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Thank you for the links, Rack Fu.

Some of the 'myspace' comments are also worth the read.

Ah yes...the ole trusty "fatso", "fat", "fatty". God bless 'em for ever being there in many a internet fight. *sigh* I'm so glad he didn't try being original.

-------------

I think the point is that if your successful, you should not be an insecure douchebag who rags on the little guy who has not accomplished as much as you. Even if the little guy emails you and says you suck ass. It is just pathetic that in his position of "more success" he does not have "more security". The correct response from ROgan would have been...

"Sorry to hear you feel that way but thanks for watching the shows you watched. I have a great (his words) CD coming out if you want to give me another try. Otherwise, thanks for the email. Regards, Joe Rogan"

But instead we got a bragging over-confident insecure asswipe response about how great Rogan is and how the typical loser is someone who is not in Hollywood or syndicated on a TV show. That is the basic jyst of his meaning. Too bad. I only had minor apathy in regards to his "work".

Now I can say I hate the douche. Why not, I am the typical "not in Hollywood, making it in the real world" kind of guy.

Rogan = DOUCHE.
Overall = Little love for Joe
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

tough love wrote:Thank you for the links, Rack Fu.

Some of the 'myspace' comments are also worth the read.
Ah yes...the ole trusty "fatso", "fat", "fatty". God bless 'em for ever being there in many a internet fight. *sigh* I'm so glad he didn't try being original.

-------------

I think the point is that if your successful, you should not be an insecure douchebag who rags on the little guy who has not accomplished as much as you. Even if the little guy emails you and says you suck ass. It is just pathetic that in his position of "more success" he does not have "more security". The correct response from ROgan would have been...

"Sorry to hear you feel that way but thanks for watching the shows you watched. I have a great (his words) CD coming out if you want to give me another try. Otherwise, thanks for the email. Regards, Joe Rogan"

But instead we got a bragging over-confident insecure asswipe response about how great Rogan is and how the typical loser is someone who is not in Hollywood or syndicated on a TV show. That is the basic jyst of his meaning. Too bad. I only had minor apathy in regards to his "work".

Now I can say I hate the douche. Why not, I am the typical "not in Hollywood, making it in the real world" kind of guy.

Rogan = DOUCHE.
Overall = Little love for Joe
That quote pretty much sums up exactly what I was thinking.

That and thinking how lame it is that someone as allegedly successful as he is posting on a MySpace account. Mix in a domain name you fucking jackoff.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

BSmack wrote:That and thinking how lame it is that someone as allegedly successful as he is posting on a MySpace account.
Forget his "alleged success." Anyone over the age of 30 posting on a MySpace account is the mega homo.
mouse
Elwood

Post by mouse »

PrimeX wrote:
BSmack wrote:That and thinking how lame it is that someone as allegedly successful as he is posting on a MySpace account.
Forget his "alleged success." Anyone over the age of 30 posting on a MySpace account is the mega homo.
If you think about it? any place you post on the www is considered your space, I don't see the difference in posting at my space or a forum where you can have a conversation at 2 AM with someone who calls himself shutyomouth, and if you can't see that point then all the space you really need is between your ears

Sincerly: Joe Rogan

tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Props to Joe for raging against the machine.

Word
Celebrity and Cause don't wash all that well.

Performers are basically professional attention seekers, and when they get involved with real life issues, the general public tends to view such as ingenious...Contrived.

Just a thought.