Anyone here seasons ticket holders?

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Anyone here seasons ticket holders?

Post by Hapday »

Will you renew whenever the season starts again? Did you still have to fork over any cash for them this year?
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

I have two Flames seats.

Because of the long playoff run, I was paying for playoff tickets well into the summer, along with the usual monthly installments for this season. Long story short, I'm not exactly sure how much money I've paid towards this season, but I'd guess that it's just over 50% of the full price. Once the lockout started in September, the payments stopped coming off my Visa.

The money they've got of mine that's supposed to be for this year's tickets can be used for Hitmen tickets at a significant discount, or they keep it and pay me prime + 1% interest. I'm not getting the Hitmen tickets since I can usually get them for free from work.

And, yeah, once NHL hockey starts again, I'll be in my seats anxiously awaiting it.
Still a FlameFan
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

I was last year... but I wasn't going to renew this year, lockout or not. People who did renew had to put down a deposit... I'm not sure how much it was. $200 or something.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I have 2 Lightning season tickets. Put in for the refund last week. I am undecided if I will pick them up again whenever the NHL returns.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Not a ticket holder as I don't live in Calgary but if I were to move there when the season started up again I would definatly buy season tickets.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i did, for reason to get either $ back or build up big discount for beer,food, etc next year.

but then decided to call credit card company, next day and cancel that transaction, i told them they put it through without my approval, i have been with them for 12 years, so they said no problem.

Fuck them, they are not making $$$ of my seaso nticket money, while i sit and wait for crybaby players and owners fight!

Anyone find it ironic that players, u know, union players are taking players jobs in UHL, and the UHL has a salary cap! ??
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Post by Viper in Vancouver »

My parents have had seasons tickets for around 15 years, but they said they aren't renewing them next season
MotoGoalie
Elwood

Post by MotoGoalie »

Union guys playing in other lower, semi-pro leagues and bumping regular starters is bush league, SCABBY and hypocritical to the nth.

Almost unforgiveable really.
mvscal wrote: Of course. The 'I was just trolling' card. The monotonously predictable last gasp of a plungered gimp as he swirls down the drain.
Sorry Spanky, you're on my hook.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Adelpiero wrote:Anyone find it ironic that players, u know, union players are taking players jobs in UHL, and the UHL has a salary cap! ??
Yep, I do. Those guys should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. In fact, I notice Shoalzie's sig has Draper, Chelios and Hatcher sporting their UHL jerseys. Are you proud of those guys, Shoalzie?
Still a FlameFan
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

i grew up in a union household and i wouldn't do something like what Chelly,Draper and Hatcher do.
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

It is disgusting that these guys are doing that.

I understand Hatcher and Chelios doing it they are huge jerks but Draper seems like a good guy.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Jackman and Ryan JOhnson joined river otters!

Missouri is a big union state, and yet it's ok by moron fans to take players jobs and scab in a salary cap league!
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

I signed up for season tickets to get a seat for the playoffs. I expected I would sell them since I wasn't sure I could afford them after just buying a condo. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'll be lucky to give them away.

I want to see NHL hockey, but I dont' feel like supporting either side after they ruined the most anticipated season I can remember.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Donovan wrote:
I want to see NHL hockey, but I dont' feel like supporting either side after they ruined the most anticipated season I can remember.
I think a lot of people will feel that way. I really hope that the NHL owners are smart enough to realize that when hockey starts up again, they can't just open up the arena's doors and expect to get run over by a mob of people wanting to get in.

Both sides are going to have to kiss the fans asses big time, and I am not just talking about $1 hot dogs for kids.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

You're right, Hap, although I don't think it's going to be a problem getting people to come back to Air Canada Centre. But how sad is it going to be when the Lightning unfurl their Stanley Cup Champions banner to a half-full barn. There's no way all 30 teams are going to survive for long after the time they finally get playing again.

The sad thing is the player's association has forsaken probably half a dozen guys like Mike Commodore in order to help one guy like Jarome Iginla. I'm not sure about the law, but there's no way you can call them a true union when they don't have the interests of all of the players at heart. If they did they'd be playing right now.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Donovan wrote:You're right, Hap, although I don't think it's going to be a problem getting people to come back to Air Canada Centre.
Due to corporate support and a demand for tickets through the roof, the Air Canada Centre will never be an empty buidling.
Donovan wrote:But how sad is it going to be when the Lightning unfurl their Stanley Cup Champions banner to a half-full barn. .
Been there, done that.

Sincerely,

The New Jersey Devils
Donovan wrote:There's no way all 30 teams are going to survive for long after the time they finally get playing again.
With a $35-40 million salary cap, hockey can work in Winnipeg and Quebec Shitty. Team won't fold because the NHL owners will never that happen as it completely devalues their own franchises. I just hope to God they move teams from hockey wastelands as Carolina, Miami, Anaheim, etc. Move'em up here. 15-18,000 a game is certainly better than 5-8,000.
Donovan wrote:There's he sad thing is the player's association has forsaken probably half a dozen guys like Mike Commodore in order to help one guy like Jarome Iginla. I'm not sure about the law, but there's no way you can call them a true union when they don't have the interests of all of the players at heart. If they did they'd be playing right now.
That is exactly why the NHLPA, unlike ever other union in the world, won't let it's members vote. All the NHLPA gives a shit about are the top 1-3% of its members making all of the jack. After all, it helps Goodenow who is an agent for some of them.

Here is my prediction, I am 95% certain of it:

NHL camps will open in September, and owners will tell players that either you accept the latest offer or tough shit. The NHLPA will be absolutely shocked as over 80% of its members show up to camp. These same players will tell the NHLPA to go fuck itself, and will start up a new union so that players will receive pensions once they retire.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

Whenever it starts again, I'll be there.

And Hap? Fuck you.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
ESRB NOTICE: Online Experience May Change During Game Play
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Donovan wrote:But how sad is it going to be when the Lightning unfurl their Stanley Cup Champions banner to a half-full barn.
If and when they come back the Lightning will be fine.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Hapday wrote:I just hope to God they move teams from hockey wastelands as Carolina, Miami, Anaheim, etc. Move'em up here. 15-18,000 a game is certainly better than 5-8,000.
Anything to get rid of Erik Cole is fine with me :lol:
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Donovan wrote:But how sad is it going to be when the Lightning unfurl their Stanley Cup Champions banner to a half-full barn.
If and when they come back the Lightning will be fine.
:roll: right

Dude come on, it's time to lay down the crack pipe. Do people in Tampa even remember the sport of hockey? Quite frankly, a half-full barn in Tampa during the Cup banner ceremony sounds like a very optimistic thing to me. Then again who knows, Hulk Hogan did accomplished wonders in the past :lol:
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

Smoked Meat wrote:Quite frankly, a half-full barn in Tampa during the Cup banner ceremony sounds like a very optimistic thing to me.
Considering how many fans in all 30 cities are pissed off about this lockout, I think every team should count their blessings if they get more than a half-full barn whenever the NHL does come back.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

Smoked Meat wrote:Anything to get rid of Erik Cole is fine with me :lol:
Qui est ton papa? ;)
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

AcidQueen wrote:
Smoked Meat wrote:Quite frankly, a half-full barn in Tampa during the Cup banner ceremony sounds like a very optimistic thing to me.
Considering how many fans in all 30 cities are pissed off about this lockout, I think every team should count their blessings if they get more than a half-full barn whenever the NHL does come back.
No arguement from me there.

According to TSN..
Poll: Almost 40% don't miss the NHL

2/9/2005

OTTAWA (CP) - Almost 40 per cent of the NHL's Canadian fan base said they don't miss the pro game, according to a new poll that spells further trouble for warring National Hockey League partners.

I've been watching games from the 70's and early 80's on Leafs TV and the hockey back then was easily more entertaining than the shit we've been subjected to the last few years.
If they don't come back this year... I'd be just as content to keep on watching reruns from years past and going to the Icedogs and Generals games.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Wasn't planning on renewing this season, have enjoyed several games in ECHL barns this season (Boise, (best small arena I have ever been to, great sightlines and good ice) Long Beach, and San Diego))
Miss Conduct
Keeper of the Quarters

Post by Miss Conduct »

ppanther... it was a $100 per seat. Which I finally got back 3 WEEKS after cancelling my season tix. :x :x :x

The moron at the Kings asked why I was cancelling my seats. :roll: I told him besides moving to another freaking state, that the fans are pissed off and there was no way in HELL I was going to take a $4,000 risk that I could sell my seats every year. He said I should have no problem selling such a good location. I told him BS. We had a hell of a time selling them last year because of all the freebies the freaking Kings gave away. I told him people would rather get free shit than have good seats. I also told him thank you for screwing over the season seat holders yet again. :evil: :x :evil:

BTW, we have lovely seats ON THE GLASS for most of the games left for the Steelheads at $20 a seat!!! 8)
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball