talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Ray Lewis on the Block

Post by Joe in PB »

Posted on Insider:
Lewis on the block?

According to the Baltimore Sun, associates and friends close to Lewis have said that he doesn't want to play in Baltimore for the 2006 season. Ravens General manager Ozzie Newsome said the linebacker hasn't informed the team of any such intention, but did admit that Lewis had a recent meeting with team owner Steve Bisciotti in Florida, and said Lewis asked to be traded before the start of the 2005 season. The seven-time Pro Bowl performer actually went into a self-imposed isolation from the team last season after the Ravens declined to restructure his contract, which still has three years left.

League sources have said the Ravens were sending out "feelers" in a possible trade for Lewis, but they haven't gotten more than a second- round draft pick in exchange.
Ray Lewis is still a great player, but is on the downside of his career.

Where would Lewis be a good fit? And what would you give for Lewis?

The RaiDuh's seem like an obvious choice....where great players careers fade out........
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I woould take him on the Bucs at SLB. I doubt the Buc could afford and if they could I would rather have them spend the money on another quality OL or DL.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

If Julian Peterson commands more money than Lewis ....

One thing attractive about Lewis is that he is familiar with Nolan's philosophy . Peterson's asshole agent wants Peyton Manning money . For a LB .
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Cicero wrote:I woould take him on the Bucs at SLB. I doubt the Buc could afford and if they could I would rather have them spend the money on another quality OL or DL.
Ray Lewis would be your middle linebacker, not your strongside linebacker. You have nobody as good as Ray in the middle and Ray would not be a good fit anywhere outside the middle.

Ray doesn't like the 3-4 defense and has had his run-ins with Nolan, plus he wants more money than the 49ers cheap owner is willing to pay him, so I don't see him going to SF in a million years. Not to mention Ray wouldn't want to go to a bottom feeder with a quarterback worse than Kyle Boller.

I think Ray stays in Baltimore. I was watching a segment on NFL Network and Ray was discussing how the front office could make the Ravens better for the '06 season and how getting Steve McNair would help. His mind is obviously geared toward staying in town. Besides, I have family that lives in Baltimore and they tell me Mike Preston, the columnist who usually leaks these stories out of the Baltimore Sun, often times is wrong about things like Lewis wanting a trade. The same columnist also said Ed Reed would be a hold-out, and he wasn't.

Take it with a grain of salt. Ray will stay in Baltimore.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Word is he is looking to go to a state that does not practice Capital Punishment....
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Re: Ray Lewis on the Block

Post by frodo_biguns »

Joe in PB wrote:Posted on Insider:
Lewis on the block?

According to the Baltimore Sun, associates and friends close to Lewis have said that he doesn't want to play in Baltimore for the 2006 season. Ravens General manager Ozzie Newsome said the linebacker hasn't informed the team of any such intention, but did admit that Lewis had a recent meeting with team owner Steve Bisciotti in Florida, and said Lewis asked to be traded before the start of the 2005 season. The seven-time Pro Bowl performer actually went into a self-imposed isolation from the team last season after the Ravens declined to restructure his contract, which still has three years left.

League sources have said the Ravens were sending out "feelers" in a possible trade for Lewis, but they haven't gotten more than a second- round draft pick in exchange.
Ray Lewis is still a great player, but is on the downside of his career.

Where would Lewis be a good fit? And what would you give for Lewis?

The RaiDuh's seem like an obvious choice....where great players careers fade out........
From what I've been hearing Darren Sharper was courting him at the Pro Bowl along with a couple others. Look out Vikings... Linebackers are on the way to help!
Keeping the bath water warm.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

I remember when Ray himself was courting somebody at the Pro Bowl...Terrell Owens! That worked itself out pretty nice. :wink:

Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

WhatsMyName wrote:I remember when Ray himself was courting somebody at the Pro Bowl...Terrell Owens! That worked itself out pretty nice. :wink:
Yea, and I am not wetting in my pants at Shaun Alexander wearing a Carolina Panthers hat at the pro bowl.
...well, not yet. Of course The Cats hit him up but money talks bullshit walks and they'll need more than a Davis cut and Peppers' restructure to get a deal done with a top RB.
Last edited by Dumbass on Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

The good news for the Panthers is he wants to be there. Owens never wanted to be in Baltimore. He'd much rather rag on his gay quarterback, tout some black QBs on his message board and call the Ravens GM a racist than to ever step foot on the field wearing that purple jersey.

Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Dude, do not fucking say that.

He wants to be there?

I'm getting some paper towels and a new pack of chonies.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Lewis would be a great presence in the Raider locker room. Especially if we draft A.J Hawk.

HOWEVER. The Raiders are already over the cap and besides our number one pick, what can we afford to part with? I prefer to keep the first round pick. I dunno,Jerry Porter and a second rounder for Lewis? Not sure of the cap ramifications but I'd do that deal.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

The Assassin wrote:Lewis would be a great presence in the Raider locker room. Especially if we draft A.J Hawk.

HOWEVER. The Raiders are already over the cap and besides our number one pick, what can we afford to part with? I prefer to keep the first round pick. I dunno,Jerry Porter and a second rounder for Lewis? Not sure of the cap ramifications but I'd do that deal.
How about a straight up trade of Julian Peterson for Porter and a third ? 8) 8)
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

drummer wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Lewis would be a great presence in the Raider locker room. Especially if we draft A.J Hawk.

I want Peterson to work out for us first. I wanna see if he is back from his achilles tear.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

The Assassin wrote:
drummer wrote:

I want Peterson to work out for us first. I wanna see if he is back from his achilles tear.
The Niners would have to franchise him first .

He'll be back to pre-injury form , plus he is younger than Lewis .
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

drummer wrote:
The Assassin wrote:
drummer wrote: How about a straight up trade of Julian Peterson for Porter and a third ? 8) 8)

i'll have a talk with Mr.Davis.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

The Assassin wrote:
drummer wrote:
The Assassin wrote:
If you do , have him kick York in the nuts the next Owners meeting .

If you do , tell him to kick York in the nuts the next Ownres meeting .
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

drummer wrote:
The Assassin wrote:
drummer wrote: If you do , have him kick York in the nuts the next Owners meeting .

If you do , tell him to kick York in the nuts the next Owners meeting .
What nuts?

I hear york is going to hitchhike to the owners meeting in order to save money.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

:lol: :lol:

That's right , Denise doesn't have any .

Well , maybe . :?
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

drummer wrote::lol: :lol:

That's right , Denise doesn't have any .

Well , maybe . :?
The niners RELLY fucked themselves. I'm surprised Bill Walsh hasn't left yet. They've already burnt bridges with the other Niner greats.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Dumbass wrote:
WhatsMyName wrote:I remember when Ray himself was courting somebody at the Pro Bowl...Terrell Owens! That worked itself out pretty nice. :wink:
Yea, and I am not wetting in my pants at Shaun Alexander wearing a Carolina Panthers hat at the pro bowl.
Hasselback gave an interview wearing a Vikings hat... it don't mean shit. Sorry DA
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back