Bud Shoot-out

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Bud Shoot-out

Post by War Wagon »

Denny Hamlin? Who in the HELL is Denny freaking Hamlin?

:?

It was some exciting racing though. Typical Daytona bump drafting makes for great TV entertainment. Rack Tony and Jr. for the side by side photo finish for 2nd.

Another enjoyable moment was watching the #24 go up in smoke.

Can't wait for next Sunday. Whoever this Hamlin kid is, I guaran-fucking-tee won't be running up front at the end.

War the Daytona 500!!!
MRCTM
Inferiority Complex

Post by MRCTM »

When Gibbs brought Hamlin over to Cup, I predicted that the kid would win a race this year. I had no idea it would be this soon. Hamlin is a natural talent just like Carl Edwards, he will be the rookie of the year this year.
verbal
nine inch male

Post by verbal »

MRCTM wrote:he will be the rookie of the year this year.
He even guaranteed it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Paul

Nobody is going to get killed. They're strapped in pretty good nowadays.

Tony was just venting, and Jr. said it best.
We get paid pretty good to drive these things.
Quityer whining.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

One of the dirtiest drivers in Nascar suddenly has a change of heart. Pardon me while I ignore anything the 20 has to say......
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:In fact, Tony even offered up the solution to the problem- make the rear bumpers of the cars a LOT stronger and the front bumpers a lot WEAKER.
That would have ended Dale Sr's career.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

Now NEXTEL officials are saying they're going to police bump drafting going forward.

How exactly do they plan to do that, especially considering they can't say specifically what would result in dicipline and and what wouldn't. They should take the restrictors off and let these guys spread out at 220+ mph. :)
m2 wrote:I'm use to it. Why?

Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

It wont work... I'm a Warriors fan.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Roofer wrote:They should take the restrictors off and let these guys spread out at 220+ mph. :)
They don't have high enough fences around Daytona and Talladega for when these cars take flight. They'd wind up in row 25.
MRCTM
Inferiority Complex

Post by MRCTM »

Pulling the plates off is a good idea, but a lot of fans love the plate shit. They are just waiting for 15-20 cars to be wadded up in the big one.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Bingo MRTCM, unfortunatly that is what draws alot of folks to Nascar, especially the restrictor plate tracks....
Go Bucs, Gators
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I like the plate races because I dig close quarters side by side racing in the draft. I appreciate the skill and sheer nerve of the drivers being able to run 180 mph separated by inches. I also understand the absolute necessity of whoa-ing down the horsepower of these cars so that they don't go airborne and take out the paying customers.

Anybody who watches racing only hoping to see a big wreck is not a fan.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Paul

Your OPINION is duly noted....AND discarded.

You no likey NASCAR? Feel free not to watch it then, and especially feel free to not drop in here with any bullshit hater takes.

Wider tires and fenders? Larger rear spoiler and deeper front air damn?

Yeah, let's make ALL the race teams have to work on having even more specialized equipment just for the super speedways. That'll cut costs and even the playing field for the have nots.

They're spending their money Paul, not yours.

Dumbass.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote: I've said it once, and I'll say it a thousand more times- NASCAR is slowly but surely evolving into a 38-race IROC series. :meds:
There is definitely a measure of truth to that. But only with restrictor plates. So a 4 race IROC series would be more accurate.

Ain't no IROC under the lights at Bristol...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Roofer wrote:Now NEXTEL officials are saying they're going to police bump drafting going forward.

How exactly do they plan to do that, especially considering they can't say specifically what would result in dicipline and and what wouldn't. They should take the restrictors off and let these guys spread out at 220+ mph. :)
I'd be real interested to see how they are going to police that. I would assume the penalty would be a stop and go in the pit, thus ending your day. How is the crowd going to react if the #8 gets caught doing this since he is known for it?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Roofer wrote:Now NEXTEL officials are saying they're going to police bump drafting going forward.

I'd be real interested to see how they are going to police that. I would assume the penalty would be a stop and go in the pit, thus ending your day. How is the crowd going to react if the #8 gets caught doing this since he is known for it?
It could be a stop and go in the pit or, for frequent or flagrant violators, they could park a racer, thereby forcing him into a DNF.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BSmack wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:

It could be a stop and go in the pit or, for frequent or flagrant violators, they could park a racer, thereby forcing him into a DNF.

Tony Stewart would never finish a race if that were the case. Dude bumps more people then an airline......
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

What they are talking about is penalizing a driver for bump drafting in the turns, not on the straightaway.

Yeah, that won't be subjective or a judgement call or anything like that.

Good luck trying to ride herd on 43 cars at 200 laps with that rule.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote: Oh, and THIS JUST IN: there are no such things as "have nots" in NASCAR Nextel Cup racing anymore. To believe that there are shows a pure lack of knowledge of that sport.
No such thing as have nots?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME OR ARE YOU REALLY THIS FUCKING IGNORANT?

So you're trying to tell me that Petty Enterprizes can compete with say, Hendrick Motorsports?

That MBN racing can compete with Joe Gibbs racing?

That any of the 15-20 scrub teams that show up every week, knowing that they don't have a chance in hell of a top 10, can compete with RCR or DEI?

Excuse me, but were you saying something about "lack of knowledge of the sport" and directing it towards moi?

And then to top it off, you think they should have special cars and set-ups, costing the scrub teams even more jack that they already don't have, just for the superspeedways?

What you're talking about is exactly why F1 sucks so bad. The 2-3 teams with the most money ride around in front all day, no passing, and everybody else just follows along. At least NASCAR is trying to level the field so that the scrubs can at least compete a little bit, and yet here you are in here quite ignorantly bashing them for it.

You're fucking clueless about this subject.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote: Oh, and THIS JUST IN: there are no such things as "have nots" in NASCAR Nextel Cup racing anymore. To believe that there are shows a pure lack of knowledge of that sport.
No such thing as have nots?
I think Paul might have been saying that those scrub teams have been rendered all but extinct. Which would mean that there are no have nots left.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote: I think Paul might have been saying that those scrub teams have been rendered all but extinct. Which would mean that there are no have nots left.
And anybody who believes that is an ignorant twit.

Without even trying, I can name at least 10 drivers off the top of my head who have NO SHOT whatsoever at a top 10 finish all fucking season, much less making the Chase.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

War Wagon wrote:
BSmack wrote: I think Paul might have been saying that those scrub teams have been rendered all but extinct. Which would mean that there are no have nots left.
And anybody who believes that is an ignorant twit.

Without even trying, I can name at least 10 drivers off the top of my head who have NO SHOT whatsoever at a top 10 finish all fucking season, much less making the Chase.
Morgan Shepard
Kenny Schrader
Kyle Petty
Terry Labonte
Johnny Benson
Scott Riggs
Joe Nemecheck
Jason Leffler
Jimmy Spencer
"The Immortal" Derrick Cope
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Front row Joe Nemecheck is good for at least a couple of top 5's or even an occasional win now and then. Johnny Benson and Kenny Schrader also have their competitive moments.

Others to add to that list, just from the first half of the Gatorade 150's today.

Hermie Sadler
Mike Skinner
Kevin Lepage
Randy LaJoie
Brian Vickers
Jeff Green
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

War Wagon wrote:Front row Joe Nemecheck is good for at least a couple of top 5's or even an occasional win now and then. Johnny Benson and Kenny Schrader also have their competitive moments.

Others to add to that list, just from the first half of the Gatorade 150's today.

Hermie Sadler
Mike Skinner
Kevin Lepage
Randy LaJoie
Brian Vickers
Jeff Green

I always loved Nemecheck when he drove the BK "Whopper" car. He would "Whopper" the wall every week. We found that pretty hilarious....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Most of those drivers named didn't piss a drop when they WERE driving cars with deep pockets and first-class crews behind them.
And when would that have been, Paul?

Wait, don't bother answering, I'll give you the correct answer for free.

NEVER!!!

Anyways, I guess you are backpedaling and admitting that some teams have "deep pockets and first class crews behind them" and some do not.

The haves and the have-nots.

The have nots are not bad race-car drivers, Paul. They have been successful at every level. Until they got to Cup racing, where it takes a hella' lot more to be competitive than just being a good driver.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Tony Stewart has trouble controlling his emotions on the track. During races and not during races. :lol: One of these days he's going to go Jimmy Spencer on someone.
MRCTM
Inferiority Complex

Post by MRCTM »

trev wrote:Tony Stewart has trouble controlling his emotions on the track. During races and not during races. :lol: One of these days he's going to go Jimmy Spencer on someone.
I fucking hope it's Kyle Busch.