I've written off all Muslims

The best of the best
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

TVO, try again.

If you are that protective of your religion then you attempt to curb attacks against it. People who use your religion as a shield to commit violence that is forbidden by your religion are heretics. Those people would be at the top of your "Things To Do..." list, and they'd certainly be higher on that list than obscure newspaper cartoonists in Denmark.

Also, don't try and tell me that only the fanatics are protective of their religion. While not every Islamic cleric and international scholar took part in the rioting and killing they all did condemn the cartoons and they all did take part in decrying "...the continued attacks against Islam by the western world..."

Plane trips were scheduled, summits were held and hands were wrung.

Moreover, apologies were demanded.

Now, where are those demands for apologies when people blow up innocents? Where are the clerics rising up and saying, "No! You do NOT speak for us! You are an abomination of Islam and I implore all followers of Islam to rise up against you!"?

Can't have it both ways.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

PSUFAN wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:How about the Muslim leaders who have come out as recently as today condemning the violent protests, and stating that it is against Islamic principles to commit violent acts of protest?
They are more commonly known as liars.
What's this foolishness? For years you've been asking to be shown enough muslims that will denounce the barbarism of radical Islam to an extent that their voices will be heard, and the radicals will no longer be viewed as the majority, and the ugliness that is now islam can be viewed as merely a spike in the twisted history of fanaticism... Presented with it, you balk.

What an unsavoury deflection.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Hey, I'm with it. Here's hoping.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Those cuddly Muslims at it again

"death to America, death to Israel"
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

This pretty much sums up the attitude most normal people see emanating from Islam.
We are a nation that can’t forgive, be silent or ease up when they insult our prophet and our sacred values.

Sheik Hassan Nasrallah
Fuck your sacred values.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

:meds:

OK. So...now what is to be done? Aren't we all trying to "do something" about it?

Are they going to snap their fingers and make it come to an end?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

BSmack wrote:This pretty much sums up the attitude most normal people see emanating from Islam.
We are a nation that can’t forgive, be silent or ease up when they insult our prophet and our sacred values.

Sheik Hassan Nasrallah
Fuck your sacred values.
Sacred Values?

Near as I can tell, their Sacred Values consist of rioting, cutting off heads, & setting off bombs in crowds of people
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Near as I can tell, your Sacred Values consist of ankle-biting attacks on known tards, sucking up to Biggie, and Blondiebabe resets.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote::meds:

OK. So...now what is to be done? Aren't we all trying to "do something" about it?

Are they going to snap their fingers and make it come to an end?
They could start by excommunicating these alleged "heretics" and denying them access to the shrines in Mecca and Jerusalem.

That would be a good start.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

How do you excommunicate a Muslim? They don't take communion.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

HyMoronic wrote:Near as I can tell, your Sacred Values consist of ankle-biting attacks on known tards, sucking up to Biggie, and Blondiebabe resets.
And your point is...?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote:How do you excommunicate a Muslim? They don't take communion.
Does this help?
The practice of takfir in Islam was the declaration that a Muslim (whether a convert or a born Muslim) had ceased being a Muslim and had departed into unbelief (had become a ka:fir) by virtue of some belief that he or she held or by virtue of corrupt behavior (fisq). Muslim jurisprudents or mujtahids occasionally gave rulings or fatwas that such and such a person had departed from Islam into unbelief, though the lack of centralization in most Muslim law and most times meant that this was sometimes an isolated opinion with little force. Baraghani issued a fatwa of takfir against Shaykh Ahmad al-Ahsa'i, for instance.

http://bahai-library.com/uhj/takfir.html

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cuda wrote:
HyMoronic wrote:Near as I can tell, your Sacred Values consist of ankle-biting attacks on known tards, sucking up to Biggie, and Blondiebabe resets.
And your point is...?
Just pointing out that you suck. Please forgive me for overstating the obvious.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSU, since most everything the radical Islamics do is cloaked in righteous religious indignation I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to drum up sentiment against them....starting with the clerics who give the fanatics their imprimatur.

If all the imams and the sheiks and even the secular leaders were constantly on the warpath against these people, ie, constantly exhorting the lemming crowds to protest and rally against these blasphemers who desecrate Islam with their violent actions in the name of Muhammad, well...

I think you get the picture. No such outcry is occuring from those who truly wield the power to change public opinion. That's where it would begin and end if that's how the religious elders really saw things that way.

Obviously, by and large, they don't see things that way and so the fanatics continue on, uncensored, unabated...
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Here's a real shocker ...

A terrorist leader wants censorship laws.
Nasrallah, a black-turbaned, bearded cleric, demanded an apology for the cartoons and laws to prevent a repetition.

"There can be no settlement before an apology and there can be no settlement before laws are legislated by the European Parliament and the parliaments of European countries," he said.

Islamic nations should demand "a law committing the press and the media in the West that proscribes insulting our prophet. If this matter cannot be achieved that means they (West) insist on continuing this," he added.
Yeah, like that's going to happen.
Nasrallah said that if the controversy touched on Jews or Israel the West would have reacted differently and quickly.
Not only fanatical, but incredibly stupid this shitstain is.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Turn on any comedy show and that's all you'll see: People ripping Christ, or the Jews, or even Islam. It's as common as dirt in our culture.

Why they're freaking out so badly over this one little innocuous cartoon buried in some obscure Danish paper is beyond me.

Don't they know about South Park?? :-)
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

It'll be interesting to see how muslims will react when the Jews and Christians DON'T riot and kill after they publish their holocaust cartoons.

I'm sure they'll come up with some excuse or reason, but if it doesn't happen there isn't one.

I hope that American papers do publish the holocaust ones just to show those assholes that civilized people don't commit violence and murder over cartoon images.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:
Van wrote: Why they're freaking out so badly over this one little innocuous cartoon buried in some obscure Danish paper is beyond me.
Because they are primitive, sub-human cretins who are hell bent on war with the West.

This is the just the latest jihad in a conflict that stretches back over a thousand years.
Still, why this one?

That cartoon was NOTHING compared to the religious mockery we see every day in our culture. I'm just surprised they freaked out so badly over that one when there's always been so much worse out there over which they could get their panties in a wad...

Anyway, regarding the Christian reaction, I'm pretty sure idolatry is also verboten in the Catholic church.

Buddy Christ, anybody?

Far as I can tell no embassies were ever burned over 'necks sportin' Buddy Christ in their pick 'em up trucks and that's clearly an affront to diehard Catholics...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

You'd think that rabbits might jihad over something like this.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:You'd think that rabbits might jihad over something like this.

Thanks for nothing Warner Brothers. Now I have a vision of Cinder in a Bugs Bunny costume that is making me want to tear out my eyes.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

Last night a friend and I hit a nearby pub for some end of the day suds. As we were sitting at the bar, a mid-twenties moneygrubbing bitch with an unbelievably choice dumper walked by on the way to the restroom. My friend remarked that he'd like to "pack that back." I agreed in that I mentioned that I too would like to "pack that back." As we continued to drink and discuss backpacking, it became clear that we disagreed as to what activity constitutes backpacking. My friend wanted to engage in anal sex with the young trim whilst I wanted to obstruct and indeed redirect the flow of vomit from the lovely girl's mouth as I choked her with my ginormous BOING. We had a good laugh over our cultural differences, and agreed that if we could see eye to eye on such things, there's really no reason why Muslims and Chrisitians cannot get along.
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mv, I just love that they're trying to bully open western societies into censorship, just for them.

I love it, but not nearly as much as the fact that this cartoon is absolutely tame compared to the derision heaped on Islam and Muhammad all over the world in countless spoofs, parodies, cartoons and stand up bits.

Pretty sure that just in the last week or two on Comedy Central I've seen far worse than a mere single picture cartoon of Muhammad with a lit bomb for a turban.

Hell, we've all been witness to depictions of Muhammad getting assfucked by everything under the sun, from Warren Sapp to Dubya, and these blockheads are freaking out over this little nothing of a cartoon...

Best of all though is that by rioting and threatening kidnappings and killings and such over that cartoon they're simply proving the truth depicted in the cartoon.

The first reaction is always threats and violence, and the Islamic leaders do nothing to prevent that reaction. If anything they encourage it...

If I were a peace loving Muslim (oh shaddup) I'd be absolutely embarrassed for my religion and what's becoming of it.

Oh, and as always, there's Moorese with his uniquely killer perspective on things. :D
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Moorese wrote:Last night a friend and I hit a nearby pub for some end of the day suds. As we were sitting at the bar, a mid-twenties moneygrubbing bitch with an unbelievably choice dumper walked by on the way to the restroom. My friend remarked that he'd like to "pack that back." I agreed in that I mentioned that I too would like to "pack that back." As we continued to drink and discuss backpacking, it became clear that we disagreed as to what activity constitutes backpacking. My friend wanted to engage in anal sex with the young trim whilst I wanted to obstruct and indeed redirect the flow of vomit from the lovely girl's mouth as I choked her with my ginormous BOING. We had a good laugh over our cultural differences, and agreed that if we could see eye to eye on such things, there's really no reason why Muslims and Chrisitians cannot get along.
If he goes back door and you take the front porch entry at the same time, you would be seeing eye to eye.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

RACK Van.

Example:

Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

If only I smoked meth...
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote: Can't have it both ways.
So one can't just be a nice person a mind one's own business and be religious? Your ignorance has been noted.

That's right, duties arise out of thin air. :rolleyes:
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote: Why they're freaking out so badly over this one little innocuous cartoon buried in some obscure Danish paper is beyond me.
Then you are dumber than you type.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Van wrote:No such outcry is occuring from those who truly wield the power to change public opinion. That's where it would begin and end if that's how the religious elders really saw things that way.

Obviously, by and large, they don't see things that way and so the fanatics continue on, uncensored, unabated...
Eggs-fukken-zactly. This is the first problem.

The second problem is the obvious lack of family teachings on the subject of morality, which should transcend religion.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvsKKKal wrote:... sub-human cretins ...
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Cuda wrote:
And your point is...?
You'll have to step up your game considerably if you think you're going to get me biting at your cankles.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cuda wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Cuda wrote: And your point is...?
You'll have to step up your game considerably if you think you're going to get me biting at your cankles.
Discretion is the better part of valor, eh Falstaff?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Moving Sale wrote:
Van wrote: Can't have it both ways.
So one can't just be a nice person a mind one's own business and be religious? Your ignorance has been noted.
"One" can, yes.

An imam, sheik or cleric? No, they can't. They feed the masses.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Moving Sale wrote:
Then you are dumber than you type.
TVO, you're becoming fairly useless. Say something, or punt. The gratuitous insults thing should be beneath you.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

What recourse do the Muslims have for the defamation of Mohammed?

Print an editorial cartoon of a hook-nosed Jew sucking the blood out of the planet Earth,
and you do jail time.

Jail time. Simple as that.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Martyred wrote:What recourse do the Muslims have for the defamation of Mohammed?

Print an editorial cartoon of a hook-nosed Jew sucking the blood out of the planet Earth,
and you do jail time.

In Saudi Arabia? In Syria? In Iran?

Hey right.

Even in the United States, there's plenty of room for anti-semites to get their hate on without fear of going to jail. Ever been to Idaho?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm pretty sure idolatry is also verboten in the Catholic church.
Actually, that's pretty far off the mark. Amongst Christian strains, the Roman Catholic Church is probably the most image-oriented...indeed, image-focused of them all.
Last edited by PSUFAN on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

mvscal wrote:
Martyred wrote:Print an editorial cartoon of a hook-nosed Jew sucking the blood out of the planet Earth,
and you do jail time.

Link?
...countries like the UK, some of its former colonies like Canada and Australia, and many counties in Europe restrict freedom of speech. Canada, for example, has had a hate propaganda law in its federal criminal code for many years.

Known here as Bill 250
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Cuda wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Just pointing out that you suck. Please forgive me for overstating the obvious.
Discretion is the better part of valor, eh Falstaff?
Not quite what I was getting at, but you'd do well to observe that one too.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSUFAN wrote:
I'm pretty sure idolatry is also verboten in the Catholic church.
Actually, that's pretty far off the mark. Amongst Christian strains, the Roman Catholic Church is probably the most image-oriented...indeed, image-focused of them all.
You know, I crack myself up sometimes.

:lol:

See, I'm the guy who's always getting a kick out of how the Catholics blatantly disregard one of the ten commandments every time they hoist up a crucifix.

So, lemme start that one over!

MULLIGAN!!

Among Christians, EXCLUDING Catholics, I'm pretty sure that idolatry is verboten!

Sheesh! :D
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:And just think, if John F. Kerry had been elected president, he and a blue-ribbon panel of really intelligent international nuancers would be over there right now trying to work out a diplomatic solution with the people in the street who are burning buildings and killing people because of cartoons..
How is the Down's Syndrome kid doing you bigoted POS?