What kind of fans do you have in Indy?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

What kind of fans do you have in Indy?

Post by BSmack »

The Colts have a home playoff game and management feels it necessary to ask people not to sell their tickets?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06012/636696.stm

Some REAL motivated fans you got there Indy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Must be transplants from Minneapolis.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Weren't they saying the same thing about BengalFan last week? Not to sell to SteelerFan...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:Weren't they saying the same thing about BengalFan last week? Not to sell to SteelerFan...
Yes they were. And, even better was Mike Tice begging Vikings fans not to sell to Steelers fans. Mike Tice asking people to not scalp tickets?

It must suck to root for a team with so many fair weather fans.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:More like Shittsburg sucks so fucking bad none of their fans can be bothered to actually live there.
Yea, that's why the Steelers have been selling out home games since the Nixon Administration.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

"We are asking those of you who have tickets but cannot attend the game to do everything possible to make sure that your tickets end up in the hands of Colts fans. Our fans are critical to our success on the field, so if you cannot be there, please make sure that someone who bleeds blue is in your seat."
Basic reading comprehension.... If they cannot make the game- I.E- work, family emergencies, etc... sell to another colts fan- don't go for the big money in Steeler fans trying to buy tickets.

Its not like Minny where people just didn't want to go the game. If you ever watch a game at RCA- you'll see there a ton of die hard rabid Colts fans... and in that field the crowd truely is the 12th man
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:
"We are asking those of you who have tickets but cannot attend the game to do everything possible to make sure that your tickets end up in the hands of Colts fans. Our fans are critical to our success on the field, so if you cannot be there, please make sure that someone who bleeds blue is in your seat."
Basic reading comprehension.... If they cannot make the game- I.E- work, family emergencies, etc... sell to another colts fan- don't go for the big money in Steeler fans trying to buy tickets.

Its not like Minny where people just didn't want to go the game. If you ever watch a game at RCA- you'll see there a ton of die hard rabid Colts fans... and in that field the crowd truely is the 12th man
Let me know when Bill Cowher has to send out a letter to Steelers season ticket holders asking them not to sell to opposing fans.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Steeler fans do travel well. I was in Baltimore on business and went to the Ravens/Steelers game at M&T this year. There were tons of Steeler fans there because the area has a big Steeler stronghold and the Ravens really sucked so fans let go of their tickets. But the B'more fans didn't take any of the Steeler fans shit and it was the loudest home game I've ever been to. It impressed me that such a sorry team still had crazy fans, cause the Ravens dominated crowd noise and Steeler fans were timid when they saw how hardcore the B'more people are. The Steelers lost so you can imagine the beating they took on the way out.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

It's not so surprising Steeler fan wants to go to the game.

Kinda like the last supper..........
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Tiny
Is it football season yet?

Post by Tiny »

Actually Bri

The reasoning, IMHO, is:

A good portion of the “Season ticket holders” often end up being corporate partners or employees of said corp. sponsors. In the past (although not real recent past) there was a problem of the visiting team’s fans coming to town, and buying either scalped tickets, or buying them online, E-bay, etc (See pre-2000 Dolphin fans). The economic situation around these parts isn’t always the greatest, so if you come up with some free tickets from the company, and can’t make the game, or feel like it would be a HUGE economic gain to sell them to some fatcat from the visiting team’s fanbase; what the hell…. To those of us that are diehards, and have never been able to afford the $300+ (to even go to a regular season game) for 2 of us (there are 4 children in my house BTW); the thought of making some serious cash for playoff tickets would greatly help the personal finances around the ol’ homestead.

I love my team, and support them in any way I can, but truth be told: I don’t have to put on pretenses and claim ‘bode over everyone I chat with on a message board; I have a modestly paying job, and I don’t make HUGE JACK!!! No matter how much of a sports junkie I am, my family will always come first. If it could somehow help things out for my personal budget, hey, I might even consider it.
If that somehow makes me less of a fan, over someone who claims to be “all that, and a bag of chips” to their team, well, I guess I just won’t measure up to your standards then. Just remember, your opinion is yours alone, and doesn’t necessary influence what I’m all about...
My opinion is that if you claim to pick your team over personal or family matters, then you’re either a looser without a clue, or so full of shit that you have to make up some “persona” for a message board, to make up for what you lack in real life. Not that this is necessarily directed towards you or anything, but I guess if it offends you, then it should.
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tiny

I'm talking about season ticket holders shelling out however many hundreds and thousands for their PSLs and their season tickets, presumably for the chance to see their team someday go to the Super Bowl, only to jake out and sell their playoff tickets. But hey, if the good people of Indy are so uninterested in their football team that tickets are nothing more than a office morale booster, then I guess I can see why a trip to a ticket broker website shows 92 different ticket packages still available.

Front Row Indy

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tiny
Is it football season yet?

Post by Tiny »

Brian,

I always said that I will give you props when you are right. YOU ARE RIGHT!
I'm not saying that I would sell these tickets myself, but like I said last night (and looking at those ticket prices), "I might consider it"....

Frankly, I love going to games of all types. But, often I prefer to watch from home, since I can't find the disposable income to attend pro games regularly, and the seating is so tight. I’m not a huge man, but I do run a little under 6’, and 225; so the space allotted for the average seat leaves a little to be desired to those of us “bigger fans”. At least at RCA, the seats are a little bigger, and you don’t have to sit almost sideways, shoulder to shoulder, throughout the whole game.

I'm hoping the new stadium in Indy will attract a better “fan” to the games, as the new stadium is supposed to be a convertible top. (As I’ve never been to a Colts game myself), I understand that a lot of these ticket holders who go to the game are more interested in the social aspects of it, rather than following the team. Indy fishwraps and radio are constantly bitching about all the people who sit and talk on the cell the whole game, or sit and talk about anything other than the team/game that they are attending. Yes, I am rather embarrassed by the average “fan” who attends the Colts’ games.
Even in the upper sections of Ross Ade, and Mackey Area (at Purdue) where I’ve attended regularly for about the last 15 years or so, the fans get pretty hyped when the teams hit the court/field. I’ve even attended a game or two at Cincy’s old Riverfront stadium (Red’s baseball), and they were often more rowdy than what it seems like in the RCA Dome (again from what I hear from Indy sports media/friends that attend regularly).

Many of us here would kill for a fanbase like the Packers have, although getting tickets would suck. You know they come to represent.
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

The Packers have a great fanbase because there isn't fuck else to do there otherwise. Let's see, what shall you do today...shovel snow, fuck your fat wife, go to the bar or watch the Packers? Decisions, decisions.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

BSmack wrote:Tiny

I'm talking about season ticket holders shelling out however many hundreds and thousands for their PSLs and their season tickets, presumably for the chance to see their team someday go to the Super Bowl, only to jake out and sell their playoff tickets. But hey, if the good people of Indy are so uninterested in their football team that tickets are nothing more than a office morale booster, then I guess I can see why a trip to a ticket broker website shows 92 different ticket packages still available.

Front Row Indy

This happens in every city.

Pittsburgh has always had a following because of the amount of Pittsburgh coverage they used to recieve during their dynasty era. So, you could also make the argument that Steeler fans are like Dallas fans.

Generic!
I fucking suck.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

When I was a kid watching PGH and Dallas play superbowls in the 70s, most kids were either Steeler fans, or Cowboy fans, above and beyond the teams that might be closer to them. The Steelers have one of the strongest fanbases in the NFL. If you're over 30, you have Steeler greatness burned into your DNA...either to your satisfaction, or your chagrin.

When I lived in socal for a year and a half, I would go and watch Steeler games at a Santa Monica sportsbar. They had a room set aside for Steeler fans, and there were at least 30 of us that were regular. No other team represented as well...and I'm sure that was the case at most other places.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

The Steelers have a huge national bandwagon following the Steel Curtain days. They also have a lot of fans around the U.S. because Pittsburgh is a shrinking city without many jobs, so Steeler fans move around to get work. It'll be interesting to see how many Steeler fans show up to Mile High b/c hardly any Pats bandwagoners made it out to Denver last night.
Rushville
Elwood

Re: What kind of fans do you have in Indy?

Post by Rushville »

BSmack wrote:The Colts have a home playoff game and management feels it necessary to ask people not to sell their tickets?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06012/636696.stm

Some REAL motivated fans you got there Indy.

What kind of fans do we have here? Well, take a look at history and tell me what kind of fans should be here. You take teams like the Bears, Packers and Chiefs where the waiting lists for season tickets can be measured in years. The Bears were founded in 1920 ans were immediately winning championships. The Packers were founded in 1922 and were immediate contenders not to mention the first big time rival of the league with the Bears. Kansas City got their team in 1963 and three years later were playing for all the marbles in the first Super Bowl.

Then for a direct comparison, look at your Steelers. Founded in 1933 and have won 4 Super Bowls. Fans like you, and those of the Chiefs, Bears, Packers and throw in several other long-time franchises that have been contenders at one time or another can look back at history and say, "We've been there. Here Colts fans, take a tour of our trophy case." While us Indianapolis Colts have absolutely NO history to look upon. We got our team in 1984 and immediatley began sucking. Then in 1987 came the BLOCKBUSTER trade fro Eric Dickerson which earned us all of ONE raod playoff game the next year. Then came the high-profile trade/draft pick of Jeff George. Thanks for that. Then cam a miracle run with a semi-washed up back-up QB named Jim Harbaugh in 1995. Count it. That's 11 years in and we finally got our first playoff win. But then, as you well know, that run was cut short by the magic of Cordell Stewart and your Steelers. Then again the next year in the first round. Now we have Peyton manning and immediately upon drafting him we heard the echoes from all across the country about how he can't win the big game. And all this time we have been waiting. Waiting patiently for Manning to dispell all those echoes. But here we are 22 years after getting our team and we have absolutely nothing to show for it.

You have 4 Super Bowls.

What kind of fans do you expect to see here in Indy?

Yeah, it does look pathetic for the franchise to send out a memo not to sell to opposing fans. But the demand for these tickets here correspondes well with the team's performance and history. This was the first year in 22 that the Colts had sold out every single game before the season started. That sales record was based on expectations, not history. As a football team, prior success is part of the product you are trying to sell. The Colts have had an exciting offense for several years now. Suddenly, a defense has emerged. And because part of the argument provided by Peyton Manning supporters over the years has always been, "Wait 'til he gets a defense behind him." Those expectations are warranted. But the product is still incomplete, because unlike Pittsburgh, there is no prior success here, only expectations. The greatest marketing campaign in the world can't make up for an incomplete product. So that's what kind of fans we are. We are customers of an incomplete product.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

WhatsMyName wrote:The Steelers have a huge national bandwagon following the Steel Curtain days. They also have a lot of fans around the U.S. because Pittsburgh is a shrinking city without many jobs, so Steeler fans move around to get work. It'll be interesting to see how many Steeler fans show up to Mile High b/c hardly any Pats bandwagoners made it out to Denver last night.
I don't imagine that Denver will have to send out any memos to their fans. As I recall, Denver has been selling out their stadium since the 60s. So you guys may be a bunch of mullet wearing, meth addicted carnival workers. But you're definitely die hard football fans.
Rushville wrote:What kind of fans do you expect to see here in Indy?
The kind that would sell their tickets to an opposing teams fans so they could spend the time at a Tony Stewart meet and greet.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Rushville
Elwood

Post by Rushville »

BSmack wrote:
Rushville wrote:What kind of fans do you expect to see here in Indy?
The kind that would sell their tickets to an opposing teams fans so they could spend the time at a Tony Stewart meet and greet.
And there is my point personified again.

Tony Stewart - 1 IRL Series Championship. 2 NASCAR Nextel Cup Championships. 1 Brickyard 400 win

Indianapolis Colts - zip