Palmer down and out by cheap Steelers shot!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Palmer down and out by cheap Steelers shot!

Post by frodo_biguns »

What a bunch of garbage! That's it for the Bengals. The Steelers took out Palmer the cheap way. It doesn't look for for Palmer. They had his knee in a brace and carted off. :x
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

Nope. It was not a cheap shot. Carry on...
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Bengals look shell shocked. They better get over it fast and refocus.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Actually they look kind of pissed off.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Mississippi Neck wrote:Nope. It was not a cheap shot. Carry on...
I thought there was a rule against going low on the QB to prevent these kinds of injuries. Since that happened, I've swtiched and want the Bengals to win. :wink:
Last edited by frodo_biguns on Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Diogenes wrote:Actually they look kind of pissed off.
Watching this drive..you're right.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Thanks for the additional motivation, Steelers.

I really did want to see the Colts/Pats rematch.

ImageImage
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Why wasn't PIT charged a timeout on the injury to Foote?

And when did he stop playing for the Avalanche?

And how long is it going to take the refs to throw an unsportsmanlike for five Steelers standing over a guy, waving their dicks in his face every time they make a tackle?

They just made me a Bengals fan for a day.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Bottom line......you should NEVER go for anyones knees. Pathetic.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

It looked like an accident. And kimo looked shocked and more than disappointed about it.

As a casual observer, it looks like the Bengals are getting a bit jobbed by the refs so far.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

It also looks like Kitna is still Kitna.

ImageImage
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

frodo_biguns wrote:
Mississippi Neck wrote:Nope. It was not a cheap shot. Carry on...
I thought there was a rule against going low on the QB to prevent these kinds of injuries. Since that happened, I've swtiched and want the Bengals to win. :wink:
Since I'm working- not watching the game- but ran into the break room to watch the replay looked like he was almost blocked into him. Which would mean no penalty...
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Fellas,

They are playing FOOTBALL!! Not Baseball or tiddly winks...

It wasn't a cheap shot (ask Marcus Vick)!!

It was unfortunate but not a cheap shot!
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Leave it to Fraudo to start popping off about that which he knows nothing about. That hit was no more a cheap shot than the hit that sidelined Roethlisberger earlier this year. It's called football Fraudo. Sometimes guys get hurt. Anybody who saw Von Olhofen's reaction could tell that (a) he knew how bad Palmer was hurt and (b) he felt like shit about it.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

BSmack wrote:Leave it to Fraudo to start popping off about that which he knows nothing about. That hit was no more a cheap shot than the hit that sidelined Roethlisberger earlier this year. It's called football Fraudo. Sometimes guys get hurt. Anybody who saw Von Olhofen's reaction could tell that (a) he knew how bad Palmer was hurt and (b) he felt like shit about it.
How many years did you play? Oh.. that's right you also held the conference record for INTs! :meds: Guys like you ran Gatorade out to me and handed out towles and took care of my uniform. You've been hit in the head to many times by your terrible towel. Listen... and listen up good! When you play, you make your way towards the QB, EVERY TIME! Yes he received a block, but The Count threw his momentum towards Palmer. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't try to take out Palmer, but he knew he was low, and he knew he was moving towards the QB! That's the point!
"HE KNEW BETTER!"

You didn't!

Now let me eat my Lasagna and be happy with your CHEAP WIN!
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

IMO, it did look like von Oelhoffen was blocked, and hit Palmer
a split-second after the ball was thrown, not late enough to draw a penalty.

Torn left ACL and MCL for Carson, he's expected to be ready for training camp in July.

(edit to add the second ligament)
Last edited by Funkywhiteboy on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
frodo_biguns wrote:How many years did you play? Oh.. that's right you also held the conference record for INTs! :meds: Guys like you ran Gatorade out to me and handed out towles and took care of my uniform. You've been hit in the head to many times by your terrible towel. Listen... and listen up good! When you play, you make your way towards the QB, EVERY TIME! Yes he received a block, but The Count threw his momentum towards Palmer. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't try to take out Palmer, but he knew he was low, and he knew he was moving towards the QB! That's the point!
"HE KNEW BETTER!"

You didn't!

Now let me eat my Lasagna and be happy with your CHEAP WIN!
WOW....if THAT little meltdown didn't seal the deal for the Board Bitch title, then I don't know what will. :shock:
Seriously, you can almost see Fraudo hooking up the ether mask before sitting down at the keyboard. But, it would take another 5 like that to rip the title away from M Tool.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

I've been watching this game for more years than most of you have been on this earth. I've was around when Y.A. Tittle was getting battered playing with the Gnats. I've seen the Tatum hit's I've seen Freddie "the hammer" Williamson knock guys out with a forearm, I've seen Wisniewski, Dobler, Lambert, Romo and many many more.

Initially I thought it was a cheap shot, after watching the replay 7 times, my opinion...although unfortunate, the hit on Palmer was NOT a Pearl Harbor job. Oly was going down after being blocked, he was falling backwards towards Palmer, his head was facing away from Palmer making it almost impossible for him to know where Palmer was. He rolled up on Palmer with his BACK facing Palmer and his HEAD still looking the other way.

Additionally, he is a former team mate of Palmer, and was visibly shaken after the incident. No one on either team raised one fingernail in protest. It was an accident!

You never saw Butkus, Romo, or Tatum show any remorse after a cheap shot.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

There is one good thing to be gained from Palmer's injury:
We're spared hearing Chris Berman doing the constant resets of,
"HEEEERE'S CARSON! "Daa-dutdut da-daa!" :P
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Toddowen wrote:
:meds:

Toddowens out. Must be trash night in CT.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Since I'm working- not watching the game- but ran into the break room to watch the replay looked like he was almost blocked into him. Which would mean no penalty...
Exactly, Rack chowd, CM, Neck and all the others who actually know football.

And Fraudo save the "How many years did you play?" crap. As a 170 lb douche bag who's main contribution to any team was carrying the ice bucket and passing out towels in the shower, it's no wonder you don't understand desire, hustle and incidental injuries due to the nature of the game.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Diogenes wrote:It also looks like Kitna is still Kitna.
Yep. Kitna started out as Kitna and ended up the same old Kitna.

I really wish we could have seen what Carson could do today.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I would have liked to see what Palmer could do today too.

Tough break, but no, not a 'cheap shot,' IMO.

Difficult spot for Kitna.
Doubt that he gets many reps in practice.
Hard for almost any back-up to get a whole lot going with his receivers in a case like that.

The Bengal defense needs to upgrade if they want to win playoff games in the coming seasons.

Nice year for Cincy though.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

ChargerMike wrote:I've been watching this game for more years than most of you have been on this earth.

Initially I thought it was a cheap shot, after watching the replay 7 times, my opinion...although unfortunate, the hit on Palmer was NOT a Pearl Harbor job. Oly was going down after being blocked, he was falling backwards towards Palmer, his head was facing away from Palmer making it almost impossible for him to know where Palmer was. He rolled up on Palmer with his BACK facing Palmer and his HEAD still looking the other way.
Apparently watching all those years has left you blind and senile. For if you still had full use of your vision and complete mental faculty you'd have seen that Oly was diving FORWARD into Palmer's knee NOT backward as you claim. I've watched the damn thing on TIVO at least 20 times so trust me, he wasn't blocked into Palmer and he wasn't backwards. Oly may have felt bad afterwards and he may not have intended to take Palmer out, but I could give a fuck about that right now. Bottomline is, he came in low which is bush league stuff at best and I hope what goes around comes around and Oly gets his ass carted off the field one day soon, but the guy that hits him feels bad about it and all.

FUCK PITTSBURGH

I hope Indy rolls you bastards by 100.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Joe in PB wrote:
Exactly, Rack chowd, CM, Neck and all the others who actually know football.

And Fraudo save the "How many years did you play?" crap. As a 170 lb douche bag who's main contribution to any team was carrying the ice bucket and passing out towels in the shower, it's no wonder you don't understand desire, hustle and incidental injuries due to the nature of the game.
Not sure how many players have to get spetoplasties and torn vocal cords and a partially crushed larynx by handing out towlies. :wink:

Next time I need my jock strap washed I'll ask ya. In the meantime fill up my water bottle and scrub my helmet. 8)
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Shine it looks like you actually expected the Bungals to advance far in the playoffs with that shitty defense.

Maybe Cincy should have kept Oly..... :wink:

Oh and Fraudo save the details of your spermplastie and torn vocal cords.....
Last edited by Joe in PB on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Honestly, I didn't think it was a cheap shot. Also, I think the result of the game would have been similar, even with CP at QB. When Kitna came in, he was pretty successful at first. He played pretty well, overall...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I think the result of the game would have been similar, even with CP

Agreed.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

ChargerMike wrote:Additionally, he is a former team mate of Palmer, and was visibly shaken after the incident.
I'd agree with the entirity of your post if it wasn't for that one part... Kimo was never a teammate of Palmer. Both happened to play in Cincy at different times though.

For the rest who actually think it was an intentional cheap shot... well, I don't know what to say other than your idiocy is unparalelled.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I don't agree, PSU.

Losing Palmer took the wind out of the Bungles' sails.

Kitna started alright, yes, but he couldn't maintain it.

With Palmer, I think they would have put more points on the board.

They might have been able to REALLY extend their early lead and force Pittsburgh to play a style that's out of their comfort zone.

At any rate, we'll never know.

All we know is that Pittsburgh had 'bode and Cincy got put to bed.
Ken

Post by Ken »

PSUFAN wrote:Also, I think the result of the game would have been similar, even with CP at QB. When Kitna came in, he was pretty successful at first. He played pretty well, overall...
Agreed. Kitna was doing very well the first half... the Steelers just adjusted very well for the second. They actually blitzed LESS, stayed in coverage well, and eventually caused Kitna to force it or scramble where he was eventually acked. Where I think Palmer may have done a bit better was that he would not have thrown one or two of those picks in the 2nd half. Not sure that would have changed the outcome though.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Shine wrote:Apparently watching all those years has left you blind and senile. For if you still had full use of your vision and complete mental faculty you'd have seen that Oly was diving FORWARD into Palmer's knee NOT backward as you claim.
And apparently watching 20+ years of Bengals "football" has left you unable to recognize intense, highly motivated football when you see it.
I've watched the damn thing on TIVO at least 20 times so trust me, he wasn't blocked into Palmer and he wasn't backwards. Oly may have felt bad afterwards and he may not have intended to take Palmer out, but I could give a fuck about that right now. Bottomline is, he came in low which is bush league stuff at best and I hope what goes around comes around and Oly gets his ass carted off the field one day soon, but the guy that hits him feels bad about it and all.
My advice is get over it. This kind of shit happens sometimes. You didn't see Steelers fans bitching about Roethlisberger's injury against San Diego. You don't want to see it happen, but that's why teams carry 3 QBs.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

PSUFAN wrote:Also, I think the result of the game would have been similar, even with CP at QB. When Kitna came in, he was pretty successful at first. He played pretty well, overall...
I can't believe I'm about to type this but here it goes...

PSU you're a fucking idiot. Let's take Big Ben out on the 2nd play and have your boys roll with Maddox and tell me the game outcome is the same. I mean, did you not see how utterly clueless Kitna was as soon as Pitt made a few simple adjustments on D!?!?!? Oh wait, I guess the Pro Bowl QB with a record tying season of 100+ ratings this year playing wouldn't have changed anything. :meds: I mean his ONE throw of the game was longer than the FORTY Kitna tossed up there. Yeah, wouldn't have changed a thing. :meds:
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

BSmack wrote:My advice is get over it.
My advice is grab an ice pack, the Colts are about to plunger rape your boys.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Shine wrote:
BSmack wrote:My advice is get over it.
My advice is grab an ice pack, the Colts are about to plunger rape your boys.
I love the smell of Bengals fans melting in the evening.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Ken

Post by Ken »

Holy fuck... how 'bout that melt?

Settle down, shine. Either that or STFU.
Show Us Your Tits

Post by Show Us Your Tits »

Diogenes wrote:

I really did want to see the Colts/Pats rematch.

It will still happen, trust me. Just like I predicted in my earlier thread. The AFC Championship game will be New England and the Colts and the Patriots will get over. In Indianapolis.

Mark my words.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Not a good week for Trojan QBs ey?
Tough, tough break but by no means seemed intentional.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Think about it this way, Carson Palmer has a perfect passing record in the post season (1 for 1).
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Anybody who thought the hit on Palmer was intentional sucks so much balls, he could turn a man's nutsack from a pair of prunes to a deuce of raisins in just under 3 seconds.