SC fans have been nothing but pure class

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

SC fans have been nothing but pure class

Post by Vito Corleone »

I just wanted to thank all the SC fans for being good sports on the board. I have read nothing but great things about SC fans after the Rose Bowl from Texas fans who attended the game. I read that there was only 36 arrests at the game and that included scalpers and public intoxication, not bad Austin usually has twice that after we beat Rice. Lots of mutual respect and not a lot of ugly trash tolk.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I read that there was only 36 arrests at the game
There would've been more but Jimma was locked in his limo, going R Kelly with the hookers...

Wouldn't be surprised though if the hookers pressed charges and that arrest simply didn't make it onto the tally sheet since it wasn't football/game related.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Congrats again Vito.

To win or lose even once like an asshole, and you're branded for life. Like many of you here, I was sick of the superlatives and hyperbole. Most of us in SoCal are...relieved.

Gonna watch the Army game later today with some friends...heard we'll get some verbals today out of it. I'm sure a few Horns are playing in that game as well.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Amen Vito. The SC fans have been some of the best that I have ever talked with. Of course, having grown up with a family of SC grads it is understandable. :wink:
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Y'all can go ahead and kiss my ass....

And get a room.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

fags.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

^^ would be the resident expert on that topic
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

^^^^^^^
You are my mentor. :lol:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

USC made out pretty well in the Army game, expected Goodson and Johnson to say "USC" too, I think Moody going to USC might have put the binders on Goodson coming to Troy as well. Bradford, Ausberrry and Lewis are also all welcome to the Trojan Family

Hazleton and Perez both looked great playing on the east side, will be awesome seeing them in Cardinal and Gold for the next few years.

Had hoped Jai Eugene would sign with the trojans having grown up in LA, great pick up for Michigan, he showed a lot of skill.

CJ Spiller was also looking at USC, this RB class may look like the one USC had 3 years ago
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

What I didnt seem to understand about the Army game was how Lemming was saying that USC may reach the top 5 with this recruiting class. The Trojans have over 10 schollies left to give and already have 3 more top 100 players than any other class with 9. USC has 5 five star players and 9 4 star players and have the only recruiting class with an average of 4+ stars. Schilling, Young, Johnson, Gable. the trojans didnt need to go hard after a QB since they got sanchez last year and will get Claussen next year, lets get this game off the Notredame Broadcasting Channel and get some unbiased comentary.

Ginn Sr. gift wrapped the POG for Wells, the kid had 5 times the carries of any other RB in the game, Im sure ND fans would have liked to see Aldridge get a carry or two.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

agree on McCoy he was a beast.

Texas is done with this years class so in the recruiting dept the game was boring but it sure was fun watching the guys we have committed perform. Snead was the best QB of the bunch today and we also get good showings from Kindle, Jones, and Beasley.

It felt good to see someone from my old high school represent. The kid with the big K.O. return (never even got his name) was from San Antonio Madison, very nice retrun.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

McCoy is a total stud.
Murray was practicaly an OU lock, his best friend went to OU a couple years ago and he was saying he wanted to go there for awhile. The grabbing one hat and then the other though is getting old, the two USC kids did it, Murray did it, I think even the LB Poly WR who chose UCLA did it, they need a new gag
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Vito Corleone wrote:agree on McCoy he was a beast.

Texas is done with this years class so in the recruiting dept the game was boring but it sure was fun watching the guys we have committed perform. Snead was the best QB of the bunch today and we also get good showings from Kindle, Jones, and Beasley.

It felt good to see someone from my old high school represent. The kid with the big K.O. return (never even got his name) was from San Antonio Madison, very nice retrun.
Kindle looks like a fuckin' beast. Did you see the throw down he had? :shock: Isn't he a two way player @ RB/LB also?

Jones didn't fair too well today, but our future LB crew, although young, they're gonna be damn good. As for Snead, dude has a friggin' cannon from hell! Dude looked more than ready to step into the college ranks.

PS- Ausberry picked USC also? Is there a limit as to how many huge WRs one team can have? I smell a transfer coming up...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

SoCalTrjn wrote: the trojans didnt need to go hard after a QB since they got sanchez last year and will get Claussen next year, lets get this game off the Notredame Broadcasting Channel and get some unbiased comentary.

oh yeah, since the one thing USC is lacking is unbiased media fellatio.

:meds:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The media fellatio USC's received these past few seasons has been well earned and well deserved.

ND still receives similar treatment from the media and it's been a very long time since they've done anything to deserve it...

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Van wrote:The media fellatio USC's received these past few seasons has been well earned and well deserved.

ND still receives similar treatment from the media and it's been a very long time since they've done anything to deserve it...
gotta rack that one. ND's cred inertia kept them in the polls years after they had sunk to div 1-AA or worse quality.

SC atleast deserved some of the head they received by being pretty damn good. This does not change the fact that SC and ND will get the media edge over the entire SEC with the possible exception of Bama. It also applies to the Big Ten and other "Big" conferences.

The ACC can feel free to shut the fukk up on this topic as you enjoy the same advantage in hoops. Ofcourse this isn't as important since all you get is maybe a kinder seed. You still have to actually beat somebody to claim bode.

Here's my list of schools likely to get more than their fair share of football media caaaahk suckin.

1. ND Always have, always will. It's Jesus' fukking team. Should it be any different?

2. SC

3. Bama The bear's legacy lives on, no matter how badly some coaches have shit on it.

4. Penn State One word. Joepa When he is gone, they will drop a few notches.

5. Michigan/Ohio State
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

smackaholic wrote:gotta rack that one. ND's cred inertia kept them in the polls years after they had sunk to div 1-AA or worse quality.
I realize ND's program hasn't been up to par in recent years, but point me to exactly where we sunk to "Div 1-AA or worse quality". Ever.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Mace wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:
smackaholic wrote:gotta rack that one. ND's cred inertia kept them in the polls years after they had sunk to div 1-AA or worse quality.
I realize ND's program hasn't been up to par in recent years, but point me to exactly where we sunk to "Div 1-AA or worse quality". Ever.
The Jerry Faust era comes to mind....but comparing it to IAA might be a little brutal.

Mace
I was there for the Gerry Faust era -- and as bad as it was, it doesn't compare to 1-AA.

Since 1963, ND has never won fewer than five games in a season. And that's against a schedule consistently ranked among the most difficult in the country.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Believe the Heupel wrote: And Vito-

What the FUCK? Jevan Snead HAS to be in the Clarency Worley Hall of Fame. He's WHITE??

Sincerely,

Marcus Allen
You forgot the last part. Fixed it for you.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

So often people's visceral disrespect for ND far exceeds ND's relatively minimal failings.

ND is CF's equivalent of the star QB. When things go well they recceive far more credit then they deserve and when the wheels fall off the wagon they receive far more gleeful derision than they deserve.

They're never as good or bad as people make them out to be...

Bottom line though, for better or for worse, ND is the lightning rod program of CF.

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Van wrote:So often people's visceral disrespect for ND far exceeds ND's relatively minimal failings.

ND is CF's equivalent of the star QB. When things go well they recceive far more credit then they deserve and when the wheels fall off the wagon they receive far more gleeful derision than they deserve.

They're never as good or bad as people make them out to be...
Since 1964, the year I was born, ND has won at least five games in every season. I've been doing some research on this. I'm not all the way through yet, but as far as I can tell so far, Nebraska is the only other team which meets that criteria and which has played at the highest level of college football during that entire time period.

That's some pretty exclusive company for ND, in that regard.
Bottom line though, for better or for worse, ND is the lightning rod program of CF.
Agreed, which is why I almost felt sorry for you when you lamented the fact that 'SC had become every opponent's Armageddon game. ND is always every opponent's Armageddon game, and that holds true regardless of how well we're doing. But I suppose that comes with the territory of being ND.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep, which is why I've always respected Notre Dame and their scheduling...

They're playing eleven Super Bowls per season, at least as far as their opponents are concerned.

That's why I wasn't that discouraged by USC's occasional close calls durring their 34 game winning streak. When it's just another game for you and it's the other team's make or break Super Bowl game you're going to have the occasional let down and you're going to see everybody's best game and yep, sometimes that means you'll barely beat an otherwise inferior team...