Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

*grabs some popcorn and sits in the front row*
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

I haven't seen one SC fan in here, including myself, do anything but give much respect, props and love to UT and their fans. It was a helluva game and there had to be a winner and a loser, and USC came out the loser this time.

However, unlike some "also rans" type programs, the SC fans can find comfort in the fact that the Trojans are loaded with talent, and will continue to reload and reload and reload, and remain an elite program, rightfully so, for some time to come. You can't win em all, but it sure feels good knowing you got a legit shot of winning it all year in and year out. Longhorn fans look to be about ready to enjoy that feeling once again as well.
m2 wrote:I'm use to it. Why?

Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

It wont work... I'm a Warriors fan.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

L to R: Jsc and m2
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Jsc810 wrote:But in 2006, looks like LSU will win another championship. And so it begins... :)
Nah dude. They're going to lose their first game to UL Lafayette. Since I've been on these boards, I've learned that you must have actually attended said school to pull for them. That being said, since I attendend ULL (USL at the time) for one semester straight out of high school, that's who I have to pull for. The school I graduated from won three consecutive national championships while I was there, but since they were D-II it doesn't matter around these parts.

Go Ragin Cajuns! Try not to get beat by fifty!!!!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

TenTallBen wrote:Since I've been on these boards, I've learned that you must have actually attended said school to pull for them.
Huh? :meds: There's a lot of people on this board who pull for teams from schools they didn't attend.
The school I graduated from won three consecutive national championships while I was there, but since they were D-II it doesn't matter around these parts.
I'll give DII and DIII props for a few things. First, their athletes are far closer to the NCAA ideal of student-athletes than is the case at most 1A schools. Also, they determine their national champions on the field.

That having been said, DII and DIII, unfortunately, aren't exactly the most fan-friendly sports venues around. It's damn near impossible to follow and get behind one of those teams unless you either: (a) go to that school; (b) went to that school; or at a minimum (c) know somebody who plays on the team, or at least goes to the school.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: Huh? :meds: There's a lot of people on this board who pull for teams from schools they didn't attend.
Mississippi Neck wrote: Funny thing about SEC "powerhouses" like LSU and Bama is the great majority of their rabid fans didn't attend the schools..they went to SE Louisana, UAB, Ole Miss, and other "community college" level schools than piggy back on the success of the SEC schools.

Yeah, I know its just one .quote, but I didn't see anybody call him on it
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:There's a lot of people on this board who pull for teams from schools they didn't attend.
**Raises hand**

It's damn near impossible to follow and get behind one of those teams unless you either: (a) go to that school; (b) went to that school; or at a minimum (c) know somebody who plays on the team, or at least goes to the school.
Or have a buddy who lives across the street from a D3 staduim...and not just ANY stadium, might I add...the stadium that is home to by far THE WINNINGEST TEAM IN CFB HISTORY!!!!!!(That's the Linfield Wildcats-btw)

Of course, they were my "other" team before he moved there, but it doesn't hurt that my bestest football bud lives across the road from Linfield now.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dumbass
Elwood

Re: congrats to USC for a THIRD STRAIGHT national championsh

Post by Dumbass »

Jsc810 wrote:Of course USC did not win a third straight national championship. USC did not win the 2003 championship but claimed it anyway
Um the reason it is claimed is because it is defined as an AP Title, dipshit. The same one that allotted many a bullshit title to much less deserving teams over the years. I also did not see many in the media denying their claim which was never claimed before its presentation. Another reason is because they were pushed out of a game they damn well deserved to be at and if it had been any other school than a fucking Pac-10 there is no god damn way in hell an AP voted #1 school gets pushed out of the BCS and don't give me this computer bullshit. They were pushed out to let LSU get in there and play at home against this OU fraud that got bitch slapped by KU. LSU played a team that had no business being there while SC took on one of their top 5 toughest opponents over this stretch, Michigan.

So you know what FUCK YOU. It is SC's title and if you don't like it fuck off. SC was the best team at year's end in 2003 and everyone except a Louisiana dwellar or Pac-10 hater knows it. They took on some of the best defenses over this period and ripped them apart and many top rushing offesnes got stuffed and QBS dismantled when they went to the air. They embarrassed that OU team with the same pocket general when LSU escaped with a TD victory.

Blow it out your ass.

SC IS still the shit and I would still take them TO COVER that TD 7, 8 out of 10 times vs Texas. Arrogant? Why the hell shouldn't I be? I know what this team is made of and know what they are capable of. While Texas did plenty to win that game, SC did do them a couple of favors and they took advantage as a championship team should. Anybody that wants to try and tell us our Trojans are not what we think they are....bwahahahahaha. Our boys are the shit and our program is back. Deal with it.

Fight on for life!
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

You truely are a dumbass as your name suggests.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

Laxplayer wrote:You truely are a dumbass as your name suggests.
A little harsh, but the point is valid. To say that SC would cover against Texas 7, 8 times is myopia at it's best. Just because you're an SC fan doesn't mean you can;t be honest with yourself and admit that the defense was exploited just as was expected by UT fan and just as we had hoped wouldn't be as SC fan. The D was obviously suspect as evidenced by the Fresno St. game. The deal is this. SC's D looked great when they got teams into forced game plans, i.e. passing offense because they were down so many points. Any team can become better defensively if you force your opponent into a predictable offense. Those games that SC played where the opponent hung around, you could see their defense struggle to stop said team.

I'll agree that SC made some mistakes that would have helped them to hang on to a 12 point lead, or even build a bigger lead. But let's face it, they could have played until Sunday and they still couldn't stop VY. As an SC fan, I'm not so myopic to not be able to admit as much. You should as well.....dumbass :P
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Lax, over the past 5 years or so, you haven't impressed me in the least either so you can take your comment and shove it.

No, I am a myopian that saw his team squander a two score lead. I saw Texas fans leaving the bar in the 4th quarter because they had given up on their team seeing how they were being put away. I saw a Heisman trophy winner push out an inexplicable lateral after a 30-40 yd gain, the same kind of stupid decision that put OU in a two TD hole last year on the punt return. I saw the offensive coordinator call the same moronic QB sneak that Notre Dame stuffed, only to have Reggie cheat out the win, and turn the ball over on downs and then they somewhat do it again with the game on the line giving VY about 30-40 yards they didn't need to. Oh and that 4th and 1 that got stuffed followed a Jarrett over thrown pass to a completely wide open WR for a TD. Leinart's 365 passing yards could have easily surpassed 450 if they would have continued to open it up. I was screaming all 2nd half for them to keep putting it up, it was freaking there and they started doing it but they end up rushing another 3 out of 4 on the 2nd to last drive after Matt began picking that defense apart the previous two drives. They got cautious and played right into Texas. Mistakes I do not think they make enough in my scenario to lose 4 games.

Call it what you want guys, myopian, dumbass? I don't care. Maybe I lose the mortgage payment but I saw an SC team playing with a lack of respect. A lack of respect I think they felt they overcomed and then they Texas promptly put the pressure back on them. Call me what you want but if you are trying to spin it and define my claims as adding to that disrespect you couldn't be farther from the truth. I have plenty of respect for Texas. I have plenty for Notre Dame and Michigan as well and even our northern friends from Fresno State. Sorry that I have confidence in my team. Sorry that I think that a team that put away the best competition the nation had to offer for 3 years could continue along those same lines and finish with a .700 record against what is one of the best they did face.
Last edited by Dumbass on Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

J, you dumbfuck.

"It's" referred to the AP or can you not fucking read you dumbass?

Good point putting up the BCS TROPHY.

We got one too bitch and there will be more in the near future.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

See I can do that too, retard.

LOL, you think you could possible make me feel disheartened by that? Bwahahaha. Knowing what the Trojans have done and how they have rebuilt this program? Bwahahahaha.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

JSC, you're a lawyer and all...don't you have a reputation to uphold of being...well...smart?
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Lax, over the past 5 years or so, you haven't impressed me in the least either so you can take your comment and shove it.

That's funny because I never knew I was supposed to try and impress you. The other funny thing is that you've never mentioned anything I've posted over that time period until I banged on your beloved sperm receptacles.

Have the confidence in your team, most people in here do, to a relistic point. I said this way before the season started: SC will have trouble on defense because with Chow leaving PC will take a more involved role in the offense which will then make the defense suffer. Well it showed. They lucked out vs. ND, Reggie won the game vs. Fresno St, but it all caught up to them vs. Texas. If their defense doesn't get better and Pete continues to be involved with the offense I'm sure you'll see a lot more teams run up big yardage and points vs. the Trojans. You site a lack of respect, well maybe that comes from senior leadership that guys like Grootegood, Cody, Patterson etc...had that these kids don't. Call me what you want but I'm not out to impress you. All of a sudden you have state populated with the new breed of Trojan fan who claim they've been around forever but have only been around for 3 years. There's also the group that were calling for PC's head after starting 6-6 and losing the LV bowl. It seems that most (not all) of you come out when you're winning and when someone calls you on it then you get all menstrual and bitchy about it.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Suddenly this thread feels like a messageboard on WeAreSC.com.

:lol:
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Jimmy, I went in there and read a few threads......unbelievable. I want to send their board admin some tissues. You on the other hand deserve a beer. Get one from Greg....... :lol:
Is it August yet?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Fucker :lol:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Well, I'll have one for you......Happy new year buddy.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

TenTallBen wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote: Huh? :meds: There's a lot of people on this board who pull for teams from schools they didn't attend.
Mississippi Neck wrote: Funny thing about SEC "powerhouses" like LSU and Bama is the great majority of their rabid fans didn't attend the schools..they went to SE Louisana, UAB, Ole Miss, and other "community college" level schools than piggy back on the success of the SEC schools.

Yeah, I know its just one .quote, but I didn't see anybody call him on it
Good grief...dwell much? It wasn't a rule just a funny, curious observation. How can one be so rabid about a team they just started cheering for two years ago..? No biggie.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Congrats to USC on their One point Fiver. That's it dudes...now sit the fuck down and enjoy that 2-3 loss season next year.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

T REX wrote:enjoy that 2-3 loss season next year.
Two losses easy. Three...I'll have to wait and see how things go in spring ball.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

With the schedule SC has the only question mark will be ND. The conference will be weak (as usual) and Arkansas and NU won't challenge them. Either one loss or undefeated for SC and another BCS bowl.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

TenTallBen wrote:Since I've been on these boards, I've learned that you must have actually attended said school to pull for them.
I've never stepped foot in the state of Pa. yet I've been a Penn St. fan for as long as I have memory of college football. Nice whiff...

So over the last few days most SC fans on here have been rather classy in the aftermath. Yet, Jsc decides to bring a moot point up. When you have accuracy on your side, Counsellor, there is no need for idiotic arrogance.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.