AJ Pierzynski kicked Giants trainer in the nads

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Russ from SacTown
SF Giants Fan

AJ Pierzynski kicked Giants trainer in the nads

Post by Russ from SacTown »

No class whatsoever

One of those now-it-can-be-told stories the White Sox, A.J. Pierzynski's new employer, surely haven't heard: During a Giants exhibition game last spring, Pierzynski took a shot to his, shall we say, private parts. Trainer Stan Conte rushed to the scene, placed his hands on Pierzynski's shoulders in a reassuring way, and asked how it felt. "Like this," said Pierzynski, viciously delivering a knee to Conte's groin. It was a real test of professionalism for the enraged Conte, who vowed to ignore Pierzynski for the rest of the season until Conte realized how that would look. The incident went unreported because all of the beat writers happened to be doing in-game interviews in the clubhouse, but it was corroborated by a half-dozen eyewitnesses who could hardly believe their eyes. Said one source, as reliable as they come: "There is absolutely no doubt that it happened."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... AQNH81.DTL
Go Giants!!
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Nice guy. He,and Bonds must of been buddies huh?
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

The Assassin wrote:Nice guy. He,and Bonds must of been buddies huh?
He could kick a thousand guys in the nuts and he still would be a much better person than Bonds.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

moon wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Nice guy. He,and Bonds must of been buddies huh?
He could kick a thousand guys in the nuts and he still would be a much better person than Bonds.

Bonds is a good guy. I like him.

signed,

Kevin Mitchell
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Re: AJ Pierzynski kicked Giants trainer in the nads

Post by Mister Bushice »

Russ from SacTown wrote:No class whatsoever

One of those now-it-can-be-told stories the White Sox, A.J. Pierzynski's new employer, surely haven't heard: During a Giants exhibition game last spring, Pierzynski took a shot to his, shall we say, private parts. Trainer Stan Conte rushed to the scene, placed his hands on Pierzynski's shoulders in a reassuring way, and asked how it felt. "Like this," said Pierzynski, viciously delivering a knee to Conte's groin. It was a real test of professionalism for the enraged Conte, who vowed to ignore Pierzynski for the rest of the season until Conte realized how that would look. The incident went unreported because all of the beat writers happened to be doing in-game interviews in the clubhouse, but it was corroborated by a half-dozen eyewitnesses who could hardly believe their eyes. Said one source, as reliable as they come: "There is absolutely no doubt that it happened."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... AQNH81.DTL
What I don't get is - Why did the media ghouls wait until NOW to print the story? They knew about it the day it happened, and it's clear that it went unreported, but not undetected.

It was one of the reasons why he was released, but certainly it should have been printed back in April or May, not on a slow news day in January of the following year.

Conte has an excellent reputation as one of the best trainers in the game. Sabean probably made up his mind way back to get rid of him. I wouldn't be surprised if Sabean was the one who told the beat reporters to sit on the story.

At some point this year I'm sure Barbieri on KNBR will point blank ask AJ about it.
Russ from SacTown
SF Giants Fan

Re: AJ Pierzynski kicked Giants trainer in the nads

Post by Russ from SacTown »

Mister Bushice wrote: What I don't get is - Why did the media ghouls wait until NOW to print the story? They knew about it the day it happened, and it's clear that it went unreported, but not undetected.

It was one of the reasons why he was released, but certainly it should have been printed back in April or May, not on a slow news day in January of the following year.
From what I heard, Conte didn't reveal the story to the media until recently. I'm sure he had discussions with Giants management about it though after that happened.
Mister Bushice wrote: Conte has an excellent reputation as one of the best trainers in the game. Sabean probably made up his mind way back to get rid of him. I wouldn't be surprised if Sabean was the one who told the beat reporters to sit on the story.

At some point this year I'm sure Barbieri on KNBR will point blank ask AJ about it.
With AJ now in Chicago, I'm not sure how much AJ will be on KNBR though. A co-worker mentioned this story to me, asking me about it and I hadn't heard the deal, so I had him forward me the link.
Go Giants!!