No Mo' Makin' Some Noise

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Re: No Mo' Makin' Some Noise

Post by Innocent Bystander »

smackaholic wrote:Went back and watched Petty during Prince's shred fest. The look I see during one of his rips looks more like a "damn that little niggger can shred" look rather than a "dude, you're over playing it" look.
Wait, what? :? That's not better. The word choice turns Prince from a respected colleague to an exotic token.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Papa Willie wrote:
Not even trying to brag - but I could have made myself look equally as silly in that scenario if I wanted to. Prince wasn't bad as a guitarist, but he wasn't even a pimple on the ass of somebody like Jeff Beck, Steve Morse, and a shit-heap more. Sometimes when you over-do in a situation like that, it makes you look better than you are.
You are bragging. You go from the humblebrag of 'silly' to the envybrag of 'look better than...'

So you're upset that Prince showed up your favorite guitarists, the guitarists you see yourself as wanting to be most like -- but you can't say he sucks. So you say it was inappropriate for him to be better than guitarists you feel a deeper kinship with.

You still have a general point about body language. Your phrasing here is your body language.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:If they would have done this in a studio, there is not a producer alive that wouldn't have said "errrrr - okay - errrrrr - you're going to have to tone that down a little bit."
That's probably why Prince never had a producer. He produced and wrote and in some cases played all the instruments on his albums.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Papa Willie wrote:Prince doing his best Marty McFly.
If Prince played triangle...

"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

haha!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Game over.

He's right up there with Jimi Hendrix and Brian May
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I think part of what annoys people is the look of arrogance captured perfectly in the pic m2 just posted. It's that tough guy scowl you usually see from boxers at a weigh in hen they are trying to stare down their opponent. He had that same scowl in the video with TP. The tossing of the guitar is the icing on the cake.

Is it intentional? Is he trying to just let everybody know how badass he is?

Who knows?

Seems more a cultural thing. Balck folks and braggadocio just seem to go hand in hand. Although, I think it is bleeding over more and more into other cultures.

Fortunately, there were some pretty fair balck guitarists that didn't suffer from it. The best example I can give is Albert King. Albert is up there having the time of his life. I love his laughing out loud between rips. Dude realizes that he is getting paid to do what he loves and it shows. He KNOWS he's the man, but he doesn't have to remind the audience. And yeah, Prince can squeeze more notes into a bar, but he can't come close to Albert's feel.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:I think part of what annoys people is the look of arrogance captured perfectly in the pic m2 just posted. It's that tough guy scowl you usually see from boxers at a weigh in hen they are trying to stare down their opponent. He had that same scowl in the video with TP. The tossing of the guitar is the icing on the cake.

Is it intentional? Is he trying to just let everybody know how badass he is?

Who knows?

Seems more a cultural thing. Balck folks and braggadocio just seem to go hand in hand. Although, I think it is bleeding over more and more into other cultures.

Fortunately, there were some pretty fair balck guitarists that didn't suffer from it. The best example I can give is Albert King. Albert is up there having the time of his life. I love his laughing out loud between rips. Dude realizes that he is getting paid to do what he loves and it shows. He KNOWS he's the man, but he doesn't have to remind the audience. And yeah, Prince can squeeze more notes into a bar, but he can't come close to Albert's feel.
You are one whiny fuck.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

If it wasn't for whining, this board wouldn't get 3 posts a week.

Now stop whining about my whining and go check the dryer before someone throws your shit on the floor.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Image
ftfy
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Wasn't he the goodfellas character always bitching about the moolians?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Wasn't he the goodfellas character always bitching about the moolians?
Go home and get your fucking shine box.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The joke stopped being funny once you had to explain it to suckaholic, which isn't too surprising considering he needs to be explained a lot of things, particularly that it's a monumentally stupid idea to allow people to shoot up a high rise building from 400 yards away.
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48564

'Nuff said.
What the fuck do you know, except sucking and being fat, considering you are...how should I say...bringing up the rear in BTPCFB pick 'em.