CAL v OSU

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Re: CAL v OSU

Post by M2 »

Van wrote:These Cal guys sound sound super smart.

It never fails.

It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

See, now that's just appalling.

True story...

I originally typed, 'These Cal guys sound super smart.' The problem is, my yahoo feed is really wonky these days. It goes into these frustrating lulls where it eats letters and even entire words, so it came out, 'These Cal sounds super smart.'

I was like... :?

It completely ditched 'guys' except for the 's,' which it inexplicably tacked on to the end of 'sound.'

So, I typed it again. 'These Cal guys sound super smart.' I hit 'submit.'

Up pops a repeating word typo. Keeerist.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Van wrote:How can Ohio St have a 59-game OOC winning streak at home when USC beat them there in '09 with Matt Barkley starting as a true freshman?
yeah, not only that but they lost to Texas in 05. 59 OOC games is like 15 years of OOC.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Yeah, OK

Anyways,

How do you think southern CAL's o-line is gonna hold up against the best defense in the PAC 12... two years running ?

ImageImage
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M2, did you happen to miss Cal's first three games? They gave up thirty-one at home to Nevada, thirty-one at home to Southern Utah, and thirty-five to Ohio State.

If that's the best defense in the Pac 12, fuck, the entire conference may as well quit football.

Otherwise, how do I think USC's O-line will hold up against them? If Khaled Holmes is back for that game and reasonably up to par, I suspect they'll do okay. Not great, but certainly well enough to allow Barkley to throw for a few scores on the way to what will likely be a meh USC victory.

I haven't been able yet to find anything regarding Holmes' availability for the Cal game, so I can't really say. All I know is it's rather difficult to replace the country's best center, a senior All-American who calls all the line signals, with a freshman who played guard during high school. Clearly Cyrus Hobbi was overwhelmed in his first start at center. If that's the case again next week, it'll be another long night for the offense.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

88 wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Van wrote:How can Ohio St have a 59-game OOC winning streak at home when USC beat them there in '09 with Matt Barkley starting as a true freshman?
yeah, not only that but they lost to Texas in 05. 59 OOC games is like 15 years of OOC.
It was my distinct displeasure to attend both of those games (Texas and USC).
i'm actually still kind of mad at tOSU for losing that game. Tressel should have won that ga me instead of kicking FG's. Limas Sweed (who i grudgingly sort of always liked as a player)...makes an incredible catch and tOSU 's TE drops a sure TD. groan.

life without a Texas NC since 1970 is sweet to think about. but, props to the Horns and Vince. people forget, they say it was all Vince....but the UT team was really good on D. Huff and those guys.

i'm off to shower that effuse.

boomer sooner
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The most overlooked part of that '05 Texas team was their O-line. Vince doesn't do his thing without a whole lot of help from those guys, who always seemed to keep number ten's jersey clean.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Tedford's comments on Sunday

disturbing

"I keep wondering why [people] keep asking about it," Tedford said. "The way I look at it - at 4th and one - with four minutes left in the game - (a field goal would put us) up by 3. Our kicker had been kicking in the end zone on kickoffs all day. Our defense had been playing pretty solid."

That would be great had the goal posts been as wide as the endzone.

By the way... where are all the Ohio State fans ???

I thought they would flood in here and give me shit about how the Buckeyes kicked our ass on Saturday.

Not a peep.

Hmmmmmmm...
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

didn't get a chance yesterday

OSU won...looked good for a half...pulled it out when they needed some big plays...good to have a game like that early on...

Cal (and yes I am in props mode, not saying as an asshole)...played VERY WELL and gave OSU all they had...good team they have and just not sure how they dropped that game to Nevada (didn't see it)...they have some very good skill players and the defense can make plays...

good game for OSU to win and hey Cal almost stole one on the road...

other than that I got nothing...
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

M2 wrote: By the way... where are all the Ohio State fans ???

I thought they would flood in here and give me shit about how the Buckeyes kicked our ass on Saturday.

Not a peep.

Hmmmmmmm...
i think most osu fans here don't have it in them to kick a sad little man while he's down.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Classic

pretty much sums up how 90% of the Cal fans feel about Teddy...

Fuck Tedford
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

What is amazing is that with how successful Cal is recruiting all these 4 and 5 star kids they can't find a kicker.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Late getting in here, but not much smack to talk after that game.

Cal should've won, no idea why they didn't go for it on 4th and 1. They were in complete control of the game up until that point.

Buckeyes were flat in the 2nd half and the defense was atrocious. Very unlike an OSU team to play such fundamentally bad defensive football. But props to Cal, they made some great plays too. Especially that kid who broke all those tackles for the long touchdown run.

Good to get the W. We have a lot to improve on but I think by season's end, once the team has grasped Meyer's system a little bit better, we will be in good shape. The B1G blows huge dog ballz this year, so posting the best in-conference record should be the expectation at this point.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

L45B wrote:The B1G blows huge dog ballz this year, so posting the best in-conference record should be the expectation at this point.
bwah, every big 10 fan here has put that reason forward as justification for the small bit of optimism that remains for all of us.