Ruth Chris Steakhouse

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Re: Ruth Chris Steakhouse

Post by bradhusker »

Diego in Seattle wrote:I've been to WC while on vacation....and we have a place like it in Seattle (Dick's Drive-In).

The two places have left me with the conclusion that any food joint described as best to be had while drunk is best stayed away from when sober.
Dick's Drive-in? What goes on there Diego? A lot of slurpin' and suckin' I bet. BWUAHAHA. Can you imagine the "clean up" at closing time? GOOD GOD!
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Dude - "Krystal" is the WC of the south, so that's where they'd go.[/quote]

Papa, ive had Krystal, AT BEST? its a poor imitation of WC. Not in the same league even. Its like comparing a McDonalds cheeseburger to a Wendy's cheeseburger, NOT CLOSE.

Like ive said before, A White Castle with Good Management firmly in place? HARD TO BEAT.
We're talking perfectly steamed wholesome buns, delicious cooked onions, GRAB A SACK!!!!!
TRUST ME ON THIS, Back to my youth in OLD NEW YORK, dinner at the Ground Round, peanuts on the floor, movies on the wall!! BUT, lunch? WHITE CASTLE!!! YOU CANT BEAT EM"

I triple dog dare you to eat a dozen of these puppies with fresh hot fries, and an icy COLD Dr Pepper.
AND even try to tell me its not fuckin THE BOMB!!! You will be burpin and fartin' afterward, BUT?
While your downin a SACK? PURE BLISS.[/quote]

Dude - yankees don't know how to eat. That's why y'all are skinny & fucking obnoxious. Don't talk to ME about food. I know my ASS about food!

McDonald's to Wendy's? Really? That's like comparing dogshit to catshit - nobody's a winner. Neither are fit for dead coons to eat.[/quote]

Papa, you obviously havent been to a wendys in 10 years! Let me educate you on the place that Dave Thomas built.
Just last month, Wendy's passed Burger King to become the number 2 IN THE WORLD, behind McDonalds.
THE REASON??? Burger King uses the worst of the worst quality possible by law. As a result, if you continue to eat Burger King, blood will become a mainstay in your stool, and you will die of colon cancer.
Wendy's, on the other hand, uses FRESH BEEF. Never frozen. I had to use a whole stack of napkins on my last visit due to the fact that the burgers were so fuckin juicy!!!
McDonalds will probably stay on top, HOWEVER, they also use the worst possible quality beef allowed by law. The food at McDonalds is pure shit.
Wendy's is fresh from top to bottom, NO JOKE.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

You're a special kind of odd.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Van, to take this back to where it should be, what sides at Ruth's Chris do you recommend? Or anyone else?

By the way, I had Tommy's Burgers once in LA and it was horrible. I mean that with all my heart. Never eat there, if you can help it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

You could try the Stockyard Restaurant...just make sure you watch where you step around there.

Sincerely,
Blake Shelton
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

trev wrote:Van, to take this back to where it should be, what sides at Ruth's Chris do you recommend? Or anyone else?

By the way, I had Tommy's Burgers once in LA and it was horrible. I mean that with all my heart. Never eat there, if you can help it.
Trev, allow me to step in for Van on this one, The Creamed Spinach. nuff said.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

trev, oh yes, Tommy's is most definitely horrible. Awesomely horrible. 8)

Okay, Ruth's Chris sides...

The sweet potato casserole is just fucking ridiculous, it's so good. The crumbled pecans topping is amazing.

I've never even liked sweet potato anything, but theirs was so good that I had to go and try everyone else's. Nothing comes close.

The only downside is they serve it at such an insanely high temperature, you can't touch it until you're nearly done with your steak. It was Africa hot.

They have three different spinach dishes. The creamed spinach is the one they're most known for...

...and it's as good as advertised. Dunno how creamed spinach could really be any better. Still, having tried both back-to-back, my preference was for their basic baby spinach, which was easily the best pure spinach I've had. The thing is, neither of them are as good as this version...

...because that one is sauteed in their osso buco sauce, giving it a unique tang rarely experienced with a spinach dish. The problem there is you can only get it that way as part of their veal osso buco ravioli appetizer, so if you don't want that appetizer then you're out of luck.

I loved that ravioli, so I was all set. Great appetizer.

I've had two of their salads. The Caesar was perfectly fine. I'm a fanatic about Caesar salads so I've had better, but there was nothing wrong with theirs. This was their best one, though...

...which is quite simple yet really good. Haven't tried their Steak House Salad. That'll be next, and I expect it'll be excellent.

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Van wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Van wrote: - Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger
I've never had one but those are supposed to be good, aren't they? White Castle is horrific.
They're as disgusting as can be, yet so damn tasty...the perfect late-night gut bomb... I can't imagine that you'll be willing to look yourself in the mirror after downing one. Still, if you ever do, you'll surely hate yourself even as you laugh your ass off over just how ghetto fabulous the thing really was.
This sums it up wisely. We always said that they are so bad in many ways but damn tasty. One of the oddest things you'd notice in one of those joints is how many napkin dispensers are mounted in the dining area.

You'll get chili all over your face, hands, etc. and your breath will smell like chili no matter what you try to do. I think it stains your skin if you get any on you. Van, I would say about Tommy's that "They are so wrong, but so right."

In~n~Out is okay I guess, but if one hasn't tried Tommy's then you won't understand what Van and I said about them.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Van, those look absolutely fantastic. I am imagining that the sides are shared and you could even share a steak. No, I don't share to look or be cheap. I like to share because a taste or two of everything is usually enough.

Stop talking about fast food people. How can you eat that stuff? Pink slime beef not enough to get you to stop?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

trev, you are correct. All their sides are served "family style," meaning they're meant to be shared. For most women, just one of their sides on its own would constitute an entire meal.

In terms of the steaks, yep, I would imagine you'd never be able to get one down after wading through an appetizer, salad and sides. That's okay, though. They have really nice doggie bags. :grin:

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

trev wrote:Stop talking about fast food people. How can you eat that stuff? Pink slime beef not enough to get you to stop?
You say to not talk about fast food then you ask two follow-up questions about eating fast food. Secondly, is this the forum that's known to keep on topic about anything? I should say not.

Fast food I've had in a little over a one year's time span:
McDonald's - last April for two Sausage, Egg McMuffins for $3.25 when I didn't have time to get b'fast on the way to work.

Taco Bell - last year when those "Doritos" taco shells came out in the Fresno and Bako test markets. Huge fail. You can't taste the shells with the spiced pink slime beef.

Tommy's - last July off Magic Mtn Parkway. One single chili cheese burger with extra chili and the new tamale with chili. Barely finished them. On the way home had one chili burger and ordered 7 for take home. I don't recommend doing that and dealing with reheating.

In~n~Out Burger - last year for a Double-Double with onions and nothing else.

KFC - this February to get a promotional good deal bucket and that free sugar lemon sugar cake. KFC was the very last fast food I've had.

So trev, you go and enjoy Ruth's Chris with the folks and I hope it's a good time for everyone. I trust the grill masters here with what they've experienced. We even have a RC here in town. That is great news for the local bimbos hooking the wannabe money playa's for a free meal.

Hey, I'm not knocking your desire to take your parents out and going to a RC for the experience. However, Truman made a very good point about cooking for ourselves. I just don't see the point of overpaying for something you can make at home that is just as good and the way you like it.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

papa, you DONT know what the hell you are talking about. You just said that BK was better than wendys? YOU ARE INSANE. I'll just leave it at that.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Papa Willie wrote:
bradhusker wrote:papa, you DONT know what the hell you are talking about. You just said that BK was better than wendys? YOU ARE INSANE. I'll just leave it at that.

Can you not comprehend the fact that most BK's and Wendy's are fucking FRANCHISES? And more times than not, those FRANCHISES are owned by folks that own quite a few in one area.

I have gotten to where I won't eat at Wendy's.

Here's something for you to do. Go by Wendy's and get just a regular small hamburger (the dollar menu deal). Then go to BK and get their small, regular $1 burger. At least down here, the Wendy's taste like Michelle Obama's ingrown toenails, and the BK burgers are seriously fucking good.

Where you're at - you probably have to different franchise groups - BK may suck and Wendy's might be great. It's just NOT that way down here.
ok, I understand the franchise arguement, BUT, you do realize that ALL wendy's use fresh ground beef? Never frozen. AND, ALL BK's use frozen patties.

Im not making that up, look it up and get back to me. Im not sure if you think frozen can possibly beat out fresh, OR, maybe, just maybe your taste buds prefer "flame broiled" to seared on a flat top grill.

If thats the case, and you do prefer BK because of the flame broiled taste, THEN I get where ur coming from.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
bradhusker wrote:papa, you DONT know what the hell you are talking about. You just said that BK was better than wendys? YOU ARE INSANE. I'll just leave it at that.

Can you not comprehend the fact that most BK's and Wendy's are fucking FRANCHISES? And more times than not, those FRANCHISES are owned by folks that own quite a few in one area.

I have gotten to where I won't eat at Wendy's.

Here's something for you to do. Go by Wendy's and get just a regular small hamburger (the dollar menu deal). Then go to BK and get their small, regular $1 burger. At least down here, the Wendy's taste like Michelle Obama's ingrown toenails, and the BK burgers are seriously fucking good.

Where you're at - you probably have to different franchise groups - BK may suck and Wendy's might be great. It's just NOT that way down here.
They are both downright awful, you gibbering fucktards.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote: But you sleep with 10 year olds, so how would you know?
Uh, no.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Rode my bike in t work this morning, didn't pack a lunch, so I was at the mercy of our terrible vending service. Wne over, looked in the sammich case...meh. Then lookd into the frozen stuff case and eyed a package of white castle burger. WFT, I figured. Worst case, I'm out a buck and a half.

So, I grabbed a pack, tossed them in the nuke for a minute or two and tried them.

I am sure the ones you get "fresh" from one of their stores is a little better. It couldn't be worse. Damn that sucked, but, it gets worse. I had the misfortune of washing it down with a diet dr pepper, so I have been burping all afternoon. And with each burp, it tastes like someone shat in my mouf.

I will never each that shit again. Brad, the only esplanation for your liking them is that your taste buds have been worn down to nubs or perhaps calloused over from being a penile gourmand your entire life.

Please kill yourself.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

smackaholic wrote:Rode my bike in t work this morning, didn't pack a lunch, so I was at the mercy of our terrible vending service. Wne over, looked in the sammich case...meh. Then lookd into the frozen stuff case and eyed a package of white castle burger. WFT, I figured. Worst case, I'm out a buck and a half.

So, I grabbed a pack, tossed them in the nuke for a minute or two and tried them.

I am sure the ones you get "fresh" from one of their stores is a little better. It couldn't be worse. Damn that sucked, but, it gets worse. I had the misfortune of washing it down with a diet dr pepper, so I have been burping all afternoon. And with each burp, it tastes like someone shat in my mouf.

I will never each that shit again. Brad, the only esplanation for your liking them is that your taste buds have been worn down to nubs or perhaps calloused over from being a penile gourmand your entire life.

Please kill yourself.
Smack, I just got thru explaining that the FROZEN VERSION is NOT THE SAME. Not even remotely.

At the actual restaurant, the buns are soft wholesome and steamed to perfection.
IN CONTRAST, the frozen ones are actual turds packed to look like beef. So, you actually did eat purre shit. Sorry, I should have given you heads up.

OK, I want to set the record straight here. I like the White Castle restaurants, BUT, WENDYS is still the BEST.

Simply put, WENDYS is the gold standard when it comes to fast food joints.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

bradhusker wrote:Sorry, I should have given you head
:shock:
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Smackie Chan wrote:
bradhusker wrote:Sorry, I should have given you head
you pitch or catch? :shock:
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

bradhusker wrote:you pitch or catch?
Why would you care?
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Smackie Chan wrote:
bradhusker wrote:you pitch or catch?
Why would you care?

sweet jiminy crickets

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

trev wrote:Pink slime beef not enough to get you to stop?
There is nothing wrong with it in an institutional setting. It's good, lean protein and inexpensive.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
trev wrote:Pink slime beef not enough to get you to stop?
There is nothing wrong with it in an institutional setting. It's good, lean protein and inexpensive.
So how long were you institutionalized, anyway?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And who among us hasn't gladly partaken of some nice pink slime now and then? Besides the fact that it's good, clean fun, sometimes you just gotta give to get.

trev...always the coquette, but we know better, don't we?

8)

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

bradhusker wrote:Simply put, WENDYS is the gold standard when it comes to fast food joints.
Wrong.

McDonalds is far and away better, especially for breakfast. Of course, most every mouth breather in here will rush in to decry McD's like they're just too fucking cool for school... while they're lined up in the drive thru.

I don't know the exact numbers, but there's a reason why McDonalds has more stores and revenue worldwide than either BK or Wendys... combined, probably.

And their coffee rules, too.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Breakfasts and fries, sure. Burgers? Chicken sandwiches? Salads? Sides? Wendy's stomps all over McDonald's. In terms of burgers and chicken/turkey sandwiches, so does Carl's Jr, and by an even larger margin.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:Breakfasts and fries, sure. Burgers? Chicken sandwiches? Salads? Sides? Wendy's stomps all over McDonald's. In terms of burgers and chicken/turkey sandwiches, so does Carl's Jr, and by an even larger margin.
Wags prolly doesn't have Carl's Junior. You may have to say Hardee's.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Not many Hardees around here either, but never a fan no matter what you call it. Reminds me too much of Arbys.

As for Mcd's burgers, ever tried the new Angus? Pretty decent, and reasonably priced. Then again, you're talking to a guy who 8 days ago paid $4.95 for a hot dog in Vegas beacuse I was freaking hungry. And the bun was hard.

When I was in Taiwan for a week in 1997, I woulda' starved had it not been for McDonalds. Best Big Mac I ever had was in Tsinshu. For travelers, those golden arches are a sign of home, an oasis of familiarity in a desert of not knowing what the fuck you're going to get.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I guess I just assume that any sports fan these days knows Carl's Jr and Hardee's are the same thing.

Anyway, at least strictly for burgers I'd have to rank McDonald's dead last among the major chains. They'll still do in a pinch two or three times per year, but I just can't see a Big Mac, Double Cheeseburger, Angus McShoeleather concoction or even a Quarter Pounder coming out ahead of anyone else's comparable item in any blind taste test.

Their fries kick ass, as long as you prefer shoestring fries. Their Egg McMuffin kills, both figuratively and literally.

Their burgers, though? Really?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:Not many Hardees around here either, but never a fan no matter what you call it. Reminds me too much of Arbys.
:?

Huh? Arby's specializes in roast beef sandwiches and deli-style sandwiches. They don't even do burgers. Carl's Jr/Hardee's doesn't make a single sandwich that you could find at an Arby's.
As for Mcd's burgers, ever tried the new Angus? Pretty decent, and reasonably priced.
It's easily the driest, most flavorless, least juicy of all the major players' angus burgers. I was blown away by how fucked up it was, even the swiss and mushroom one. I mean, c'mon, it's nearly impossible to screw up a swiss and mushroom burger, especially for juiciness.
When I was in Taiwan for a week in 1997, I woulda' starved had it not been for McDonalds. Best Big Mac I ever had was in Tsinshu. For travelers, those golden arches are a sign of home, an oasis of familiarity in a desert of not knowing what the fuck you're going to get.
True. The Royale with Cheese I had in Paris was kind of a welcome break, and it was better than most of the Quarter Pounders with Cheese I've had here. Still, had there been a Carl's Jr, In-n-Out, Five Guys or even a Jack in the Box there I would've opted for any of them over the McDonald's. The main reason I tried the McDonald's in Paris was simply down to the Travolta/Jackson scene from "Pulp Fiction."

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Van wrote:Breakfasts and fries, sure. Burgers? Chicken sandwiches? Salads? Sides? Wendy's stomps all over McDonald's. In terms of burgers and chicken/turkey sandwiches, so does Carl's Jr, and by an even larger margin.
Their fries are shit too. I have a pretty high tolerance for sodium, and I can't handle the salt-bath they run those things through. Can't remember the last time I've eaten McD's lunch food, but their breakfast is definitely a guilty pleasure, and I do like their coffee.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I accept their fries for what they are, and as such they're among the best of their kind. That ain't saying much, but hey, props where props are due. Their fries are their one iconic item that can at least stand up to the competition's similar offering.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mcD's is great for breakfast. coffee just as good as dunkin donuts, for a buck. 2 egg mcmuffins for 3 bucks and change is good, too.

thier burgers are almost white castle bad. if i go there, i'll do a thing or two off the dollar menu. it ain't great, but, it's cheap and it will make a turd.

oh, and their dollar hot fudge sundae kicks ass. once again, nothing special, but, good for the price.greta place to stop and feed a family of 4 without having to drop 50 bucks.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:their breakfast is definitely a guilty pleasure..
I'm partial to the steak, egg and cheese bagel even though I could do without the onions.

For some reason, they don't offer it in those I stopped at on my trip out West. But they did serve the steak burrito which had quit being offered here. :?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:I accept their fries for what they are, and as such they're among the best of their kind. That ain't saying much, but hey, props where props are due. Their fries are their one iconic item that can at least stand up to the competition's similar offering.
They suck ass. Ronald McDonald and the rest of his creepy crew brainwashed the masses at a young age into believing their food is good, happy and fun.

As far as chain fast food joints go, Culvers' crinkle-cut fries are pretty deece.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Do you people not have tasty "mom and pop" diners?

Wha-fuck?

Are you just too fat and lazy to get out of your cars?

McDonald's? Seriously? Are you 12 years old?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mgo, there are definitely all sorts of fast-food fries that are better than those offered by McDonald's. I'm only talking apples vs apples, though, meaning shoestring fries vs shoestring fries.

Never heard of Culvers.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Their fries are shit too. I have a pretty high tolerance for sodium, and I can't handle the salt-bath they run those things through. Can't remember the last time I've eaten McD's lunch food, but their breakfast is definitely a guilty pleasure, and I do like their coffee.
I'd have to say once every few months or so, I get one of the $1 double cheesburgers at McD's. I also, maybe once a month, get breakfast there when I'm in a hurry. I have transitioned from the gutbusting and bowel exploding Sausage and Egg McMuffin to the more traditional Ham and Egg McMuffin. A little lighter on the stomach and it doesn't make me run for the shitter 10 min later.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Hell, the Canadian bacon ( :lol: ) one just plain tastes better, too. Those things have been my guilty treat ever since my Little League days.

You know what? Fuck it. I haven't tried any fast food nastiness since the radiation treatments started, but you guys have me itching to go do something stupid. I still can't manage a burger yet, but I want to go find something equally awful and just have at it.

Later, people.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Martyred wrote:Do you people not have tasty "mom and pop" diners?

Wha-fuck?

Are you just too fat and lazy to get out of your cars?

McDonald's? Seriously? Are you 12 years old?
Fast food is a necessary evil at times when you're on the road a lot. I hardly ever ate the shit when I had a stationary job. Still, I try to pick out the "healthier" menu options, and keep the portion sizes reasonable.

But I'm in the minority. The rest are indeed fat and lazy.