OWS claims a big win

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Moving Sale

Re: OWS claims a big win

Post by Moving Sale »

smackaholic wrote:hey moving fail,

you ever been to a national park? real nice places. gotta make reservations months ahead of time for campsite. can't stay over two weeks.
Can you fucking read? It's 88's argument that if it is not in the Constitution then you can't regulate it. I'm just asking him why he only believes it when it suits his purpose.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:That is not my argument, MS. And you know it. My argument is that the U.S. Constitution sets forth the limits of power which can be exericised by the federal government, and specifically provides that powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the People. Nothing in the U.S. Constitution prohibits a State or a municipal government from establishing reasonable time, place and manner regulations on the use of public spaces controlled/owned by State or municipal governments.
So it is OK to petition the government so long as the time and place are agreeable to the government? Interesting reading of the 1st Amendment. And likely what will come out of a Scalia Court reading of the issue unless Kennedy grows a pair.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:So it is OK to petition the government so long as the time and place are agreeable to the government?
Yep. What about the rights of normal people to use these public spaces? Want to take the family to the park for a picnic, maybe throw a frisbee around or even just sit on a park bench and do a crossword? Well, you can't because the park is filled with filthy, obnoxius, drug addled, disease infested vermin.

These OWS scumbags are clearly interfering with the rights of other people to use those public spaces to "peaceably assemble."
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

BSmack wrote:
So it is OK to petition the government so long as the time and place are agreeable to the government?
Remember the "protest cages" at the Republican National Convention 2004?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:So it is OK to petition the government so long as the time and place are agreeable to the government?
Yep. What about the rights of normal people to use these public spaces? Want to take the family to the park for a picnic, maybe throw a frisbee around or even just sit on a park bench and do a crossword? Well, you can't because the park is filled with filthy, obnoxius, drug addled, disease infested vermin.

These OWS scumbags are clearly interfering with the rights of other people to use those public spaces to "peaceably assemble."
For starters, the OWS folks were not banning ANYBODY from using the park. Period.

Second, for the stuffed shirt douchebags like yourself who have a problem picnicking too close to a drum circle, it is not like there aren't parks ALL OVER MANHATTAN that you can use to picnic, party and protest at.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

And last, Bloomberg's real issue was with the use of the park at night, when the population of Manhattan declines by 200% as the bridge and tunnel crowd flees for the safety of the outer edges of the Tri-State area. Is there some other group that wants to use Zuccotti Park at 2AM that only you are aware of?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

The right to assemble can not be tolerated this day in age.
Go Bucs, Gators
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:For starters, the OWS folks were not banning ANYBODY from using the park. Period.
Would you take your kids down there? Would you subject them to screaming, reeking degenerates, piles of garbage and shit all over the place?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote: Nothing in the U.S. Constitution prohibits a State or a municipal government from establishing reasonable time, place and manner regulations on the use of public spaces controlled/owned by State or municipal governments.
Fail.

From a few posts up...
Moving Sale wrote:
88 wrote: However, Congress (insofar as federal lands are concerned) and States (insofar as state lands are concerned) do have the right to make laws and regulations prohibiting prolonged assemblies that create health, safety and sanitation issues.
And just where do you find this right you say the Feds have?

Care to try again?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Moving Sale wrote:
88 wrote: Nothing in the U.S. Constitution prohibits a State or a municipal government from establishing reasonable time, place and manner regulations on the use of public spaces controlled/owned by State or municipal governments.
Fail.

From a few posts up...
Moving Sale wrote:
88 wrote: However, Congress (insofar as federal lands are concerned) and States (insofar as state lands are concerned) do have the right to make laws and regulations prohibiting prolonged assemblies that create health, safety and sanitation issues.
And just where do you find this right you say the Feds have?

Care to try again?
The power of the Federal government to make and enforce laws governing public health and sanitation is granted by Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution, you cum-addled fucktard.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:....when the population of Manhattan declines by 200% .....
math not your strongest subject, is it, bri?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:
BSmack wrote:....when the population of Manhattan declines by 200% .....
math not your strongest subject, is it, bri?
Detecting deliberate hyperbole ain't yours. You have been on I-95 recently?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Pretty funny rant - and pretty much on target.