So about Newt and liberals.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

mvscal
Blank

Re: So about Newt and liberals.

Post by mvscal »

Not very familiar with the concept of inelastic demand, are you? Of course not. You're a fucking moron.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:Not very familiar with the concept of inelastic demand, are you? Of course not. You're a fucking moron.
So you think the price increases for gas will not effect the demand? :lol: Tell that to all of the people not planning a vacation this summer, moron, or the people who are opting for cheaper transportation to reduce their fuel consumption.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:
mvscal wrote:Not very familiar with the concept of inelastic demand, are you? Of course not. You're a fucking moron.
So you think the price increases for gas will not effect the demand?
Good job, you stupid hick.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Inelastic demand means that, regardless of the price, the demand for the product will remain the same. Now, if that's incorrect, please feel free to provide your definition.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:Inelastic demand means that, regardless of the price, the demand for the product will remain the same.
Very good. Buying gasoline to get around and move goods is inelastic. That's why demand in an offpeak travel season can remain static.

I hope this helps alleviate your evident confusion.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:
Mace wrote:Inelastic demand means that, regardless of the price, the demand for the product will remain the same.
Very good. Buying gasoline to get around and move goods is inelastic. That's why demand in an offpeak travel season can remain static.

But it will have a huge affect during the travel season, dumbfuck.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:
mvscal wrote:

But it will have a huge affect during the travel season, dumbfuck.
That's what I said earlier, waterhead.
Rising energy costs and inflation are going to fistfuck US households which will lead to lower consumer confidence and much less discretionary spending.
You're a mess.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mace, you trying to wrest the KYOA belt away from let's turd?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

smackaholic wrote:mace, you trying to wrest the KYOA belt away from let's turd?
I guess so. Sometimes, when I'm gone all day, I forget which side of the argument I'm supposed to be on when I'm arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'll try to do better. :)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yep...good thing the economy is "on the mend."
Consumer Confidence Index drops unexpectedly to 6-month low in May; gas, job worries persist

NEW YORK — Americans are losing faith that the economy will keep improving, according to a monthly survey.

The Conference Board’s Consumer Confidence Index fell to a six-month low of 60.8 from a revised 66 in April, a sign of the toll that high gas prices, a choppy job outlook and a moribund housing market are taking on people’s psyches. Economists had expected an increase to 67.

The results paint a different picture than earlier this year, when many hoped the economic recovery was gaining steam. In February, consumer confidence hit a three-year high. But since then, consumers have started paying more for food and gasoline and are seeing a “double dip” in the housing market.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ ... story.html
Of course it was not unexpected by me. Economists, as a general rule, are complete idiots.
mvscal wrote:It's OK, Marty. Libtards have lost even a nodding acquaintance with economic reality. It will be a minor miracle if our situation is not worse 18 months from now but, since I'm such a nice guy, I would rather light a candle than curse their darkness:

The bottom line is that soaring energy costs and rising inflation will more than wipe out any imaginary gains in the job market.

Energy costs will rise due to the continuing instability in the Middle East and the crippling of our domestic production. Naturally, this means rising operating costs for business which spikes job growth and leads to lower tax revenues for government.

The impact of astronomical federal spending on inflation will be worsened by lower tax revenues and a softening bond market. PIMCO, the worlds largest bond investor has dumped US treasury securities and I doubt they will be the last to do so. This will lead to further quantitative easing ie. printing more dollars and the beginnings of an inflationary spiral.

Rising energy costs and inflation are going to fistfuck US households which will lead to lower consumer confidence and much less discretionary spending.

There is no motherfucking way in hell that things are "getting better." Only the dimmest of dumbfucks are still floating on their raft of Hope and Change.

We're all just little shit speckles in a giant shit tornado so drink up, boys. I know I am...big time.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The fact that someone as elite and capable as Barack Obama has not yet to be able to get the economy rolling is just further evidence of how badly George Bush fucked everything up.

2012!

Give it four more and we should start to see a difference.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

mvscal wrote:We're all just little shit speckles in a giant shit tornado so drink up, boys.
Nice prediction.

- Joplin & Tuscaloosa
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...