Leach suspended, no statement from Aliens yet. (Leach Fired)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Leach suspended, no statement from Aliens yet.

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Any school content with going 8-4 every year should jump on him.

SunCoastSooner wrote:

There was no sign of Kentucky slowing down before he left.
Yeah, the Wildcats were gonna dominate the SEC if he'd stayed.

:meds:

Yeah Spurrier didn't do shit in the SEC either. :meds:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:He chains up Craig James' kid? Bwahahahaha

And Craig James pulled some strings because JR wasn't getting the numbers he thought he would in that gimmick offense?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

H4ever wrote:

And Craig James pulled some strings because JR wasn't getting the numbers he thought he would in that gimmick offense?
I drafted that sorry ass late as a sleeper for my fantasy-squad, dude kept on sleeping, least productive TTech wr I ever had.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

H4ever wrote:

Well, of course. But you can't see the humor in that?
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: Leach suspended, no statement from Aliens yet. (Leach Fired)

Post by Killian »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Image

Adam, I'm telling you this for your own good, that's the worst fuckin' sweater I've ever seen. That's a Cosby sweater. A Cosssssssby sweatah!
Rack the High Fidelity reset.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Adam James wrote:...and they stuffed me into a locker...and popped my suspenders...and called me fat boy...
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

Damn that kid was just being abused in there. Like a POW or solitary confinement right?

James Family = TWATS!

Texas Tech has been real fun to watch and enjoy coming up through the ranks. I love that bullshit about not wanting any of this to happen. Bull fucking shit. Fucking pussies. His kid got told to sit in the corner and they are crying as if he was abused. If he was in such need of care then he should have been in the hospital. Sitting here or sitting there to make a point, gimme a break. Throw a tiger in the room with him or fire some baseballs at him with a pitching machine and you got something but this, fucking cry cry cry. That's America!

Fight on bitches, SC will be back!

Go Mizzo and VaTech - Long Live The Fade!
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sudden Sam wrote:You cannot sustain a winning program with a "Leach offense" in any conference that is stacked with big, fast defenses. Can't be done. Hasn't been done.
How'd Urban's "gimmicky" offense do in the SEC the last 5 years?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:The pussydom of Amerika continues.
Exactly. If you can't practice, you sit your broke dick ass down in the training room and rehabilitate your injury. Since you can't do much for a concussion and they can make you sensitive to light, it makes sense to turn off the lights.

Non-pussies would have taken the opportunity to grab some shut eye. Isn't rest the proper course of therapy for a concussion? Craig James and his worthless shit kid are sniveling, sack sniffing pussies.
Must have been quite a concussion if he couldn't figure out how the fuck to either open the fucking door, or turn on the fucking lights. Maybe he's just a natural dumbfuck
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

If said video can be validated then Leach isn't due any of his money. Neither is handling this well, but if a player is locked in any room the coach is deserving of firing with cause.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Pretty simple: As a university employee you don't get to lock an adult against his will in a room. That's called forcible imprisonment, or some such. The kid would've been well within his rights to bust down that door and beat Leach over the head with it. He's lucky that kid didn't knock him out.

Put it this way: Other than maybe Scarlett Johansson, would you allow anyone to lock you in a room? I sure as fuck am not allowing some coach to lock me in a room and leave me there.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

First off it is a horrible idea to leave a person with a a concussion alone.

Problem here is as Van stated. Leach is the coach, teacher and adult. No matter how much of an ass, baby, pussy, whatever label you want to call James, Leach has to act as the adult / teacher he is. There is nothing to be gained or some sort of lesson to be learned by locking a student athlete in a closet. This is just a vindictive play by Leach. How does he explain this to the team? If you are injured we are going to treat you as if you are a common criminal? Just as you can no longer with hold water from players during practice you can't lock them in a closet alone for a couple of minutes let alone more than an hour.

I don't have kids so I don't know how I would react if I were in the same situation as Craig James. I do know though that if someone did that to my wife, or mom I would use every tool at my disposal to make them pay.

Would this be ok with a 2nd grader, 7th grader, 10th grader? Of course not so why would anyone think it is ok for a college student or anyone else for that matter?

I have asked a number of Tech fans around Houston to explain how it is ok to lock someone up. Their only answer is James is a Bitch, fag, pussy, and got what he deserved. They are saying a lot by their non answer.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, the story goes that he was locked in the room. You weren't locked in the room, in your example. Had you been, you wouldn't have allowed it. Had someone locked your child or your wife in a room, you would've hurt them.

That's the crux of it: Was the kid locked into a room, or was he merely instructed to do this or do that? If he was locked in the room, Leach is insane. I would've looked at him like he was out of his mind, had he told me that he was going to lock me in some electrical closet...for any reason whatsoever. I would've looked at him like he was out of his mind, then I would've said, "You first, asshole. I can assure you, if someone here is getting locked in a closet, it won't be me, doughboy."

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Don't you mean "Pirate doughboy?"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:You cannot sustain a winning program with a "Leach offense" in any conference that is stacked with big, fast defenses. Can't be done. Hasn't been done. He didn't do it in the Big 12 fer crissakes.

I agree that his type of offense exists to "steal" a win here and there from teams with superior talent. I'm not condemning his style of O. It's a blast to watch.

But...I go back to that Cotton Bowl. Averaging 40 ppg, the Red Raiders scored their only TD against Alabama with less than 3 minutes to go. A good fast defense can take it apart. TT looked pitiful that day. Completely frustrated.

:meds: :lol:

Sin,
Steve Spurrier & Urban Meyer
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

You guys want to know who Leach is?

He is Tom Penders part two. All offense, zero defense. Pompus Ass that grates on those around him. Even those that start off as big backers want to see the act end. Took programs to new heights, but couldn't win the big one. Sent off to backwater nowhere.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:
Van wrote:That's the crux of it: Was the kid locked into a room,"
Not even a remote possibility. Note the complete absence of any teammates or assistant coaches coming to his defense or verifying his story.
Of course there's a possibility of it. The report I read yesterday detailed one of Taco's players - not James - completely throwing Leach under the bus over it.

To your point, where are those same players and assistant coaches coming to Leach's defense, to deny that James was in fact locked away? Shouldn't there be a public rallying around Leach by all his players, if James is making this shit up? Wouldn't there be a buttload of people saying, "James is lying. No way in hell he was locked in a room alone with a concussion. I saw the guy. There were people there, and he could get up and leave any time he wanted."

Like I said, the player who I heard quoted yesterday said it was "total bullshit" of Leach to treat a player like that, and he didn't mean that Leach didn't do it. He meant that Leach was total bullshit for doing it.

I don't know what happened. I only know that it's a pretty absurd allegation to make, if James is making it up. If it's strictly a matter of he said-she said, well, it'd be rather difficult to get away with firing Leach over it. There must be some reason the Taco Tech administration believes in the story enough to fire the guy over it, even knowing they'd be facing an immediate lawsuit by Leach.

I hope James is proven to be full of shit, though, when all is said and done. The way Leach is denying the allegations, the way he was reported to have completely blown off the 'investigation' attempts by the Taco Tech administration, it just seems to me that he may be telling the truth. This could all just be lingering resentment by the adminstration over last off-season's contentious contract negotiations; a convenient excuse to unload the guy.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Nobody there is directly saying James wasn't locked away. Regardless, I hope Leach is vindicated.

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Left Seater wrote:You guys want to know who Leach is?

He is Tom Penders part two.
Leach got a Mike Brady perm? Who knew?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

According to TT's head trainer, Adam James' story is just a wee-bit off kilter: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4787194
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote:You cannot sustain a winning program with a "Leach offense" in any conference that is stacked with big, fast defenses. Can't be done. Hasn't been done. He didn't do it in the Big 12 fer crissakes.
you cannot sustain an argument because you're moderately stupid. leach could sustain a 'leach offense' in any conference if he had the personnel to do so. in fact, as a few people have already pointed out in this thread, urban meyer seems to be doing such a thing right effing now, in your beloved 'ooh, the sec is too fast to do anything but run into the backs of fat lineman.'

But...I go back to that Cotton Bowl. Averaging 40 ppg, the Red Raiders scored their only TD against Alabama with less than 3 minutes to go. A good fast defense can take it apart. TT looked pitiful that day. Completely frustrated.
of course you keep going to that one game. i wish i lived in a world where anecdotal evidence was suitable grounds for argument.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: This could all just be lingering resentment by the adminstration over last off-season's contentious contract negotiations; a convenient excuse to unload the guy.
That was my initial take.

But after listening to the TT chancellor give his account, I think it had more to do with Leach's arrogance and insubordination in not cooperating with the investigation and in filing that injunction to allow him to coach in the Bowl game... as if he were bigger than the university itself.

Not defending James here and don't believe that confinement is even important anymore. That incident just opened the can of worms that provoked Leach into KHOA.

TT has the right to shitcan any employee for any reason, even the head football coach. And if last years contract negotiations were such an issue, why the heck would they have given him that contract in the first place?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

of course you keep going to that one game. i wish i lived in a world where anecdotal evidence was suitable grounds for argument.
His offense has a history of performing poorly against good defenses. It wasn't just that Alabama game. A good defense will eat that type of offense alive because it really isn't that difficult to defend. There's a reason Tech puts up a ton of yards against inferior opponents- because shit defenses can't handle an offense that spreads you out like that. Put a physical defense in front of them and that offense is absolutely WORTHLESS inside the red zone.

Now, could it work if he had a talented QB, a great RB, and a great WR? Sure, it would work against anyone. The problem is, regardless of where he coaches, no great QB or RB would want to play in that system. And even the great WR's would be hesitant because there's not a lot of downfield playmaking. Crabtree is the exception to the rule.

This is a mid-major offense, because the best you can recruit to it are those high-mid-major types. Do you want to play in a BCS Conference or do you want to go to TCU, Boise State, or Utah? That's the type of recruit you can get to that offense, but the problem is you can't win in a BCS conference with those players. And spare me the "he's winning 8 games at Taco Tech" bullshit. He's winning 4 games a year against 1-AA teams and the worst low-major 1-A squads, a couple games against mediocre Big-12 North teams, Baylor, and Oklahoma State. He's never won a Big-12 title, never made the conference championship game, never made it to a BCS Bowl, never won a big bowl game........and he NEVER will. Not at Taco Tech, not at some other BCS school, not ANYWHERE.

He will always have mid-major offensive talent tearing it up against inferior opponents, a terrible defense, and a padded record. Doesn't matter where he coaches.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:
His offense has a history of performing poorly against good defenses. It wasn't just that Alabama game. A good defense will eat that type of offense alive because it really isn't that difficult to defend. There's a reason Tech puts up a ton of yards against inferior opponents- because shit defenses can't handle an offense that spreads you out like that. Put a physical defense in front of them and that offense is absolutely WORTHLESS inside the red zone.

Now, could it work if he had a talented QB, a great RB, and a great WR? Sure, it would work against anyone. The problem is, regardless of where he coaches, no great QB or RB would want to play in that system. And even the great WR's would be hesitant because there's not a lot of downfield playmaking. Crabtree is the exception to the rule.

This is a mid-major offense, because the best you can recruit to it are those high-mid-major types. Do you want to play in a BCS Conference or do you want to go to TCU, Boise State, or Utah? That's the type of recruit you can get to that offense, but the problem is you can't win in a BCS conference with those players. And spare me the "he's winning 8 games at Taco Tech" bullshit. He's winning 4 games a year against 1-AA teams and the worst low-major 1-A squads, a couple games against mediocre Big-12 North teams, Baylor, and Oklahoma State. He's never won a Big-12 title, never made the conference championship game, never made it to a BCS Bowl, never won a big bowl game........and he NEVER will. Not at Taco Tech, not at some other BCS school, not ANYWHERE.

He will always have mid-major offensive talent tearing it up against inferior opponents, a terrible defense, and a padded record. Doesn't matter where he coaches.
They faced four of the top 11 defenses this season, won half of those games and put up the same sort of numbers in all of them. Their problem winning has been holding other teams not their production. Only a handful of ultra talented teams have had the ability to shut Tech down but those are the same teams that shut virtually everyone down irregardless of offensive scheme.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

I don't think Leach himself is worthy of a top tiered gig but what the fuck was TT before him?...squadoosh. They ought to have more reverence for the guy who brought them to relevence.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

WolverineSteve wrote:I don't think Leach himself is worthy of a top tiered gig but what the fuck was TT before him?...squadoosh. They ought to have more reverence for the guy who brought them to relevence.
His record is inflated. Go look up who he's beaten and you'll see the truth is he hasn't done very much. I will give him props for 2008. They actually had a couple quality wins. But outside of that, there were very few nice wins.

The OOC record against just decent teams is terrible. And even in conference he doesn't have that many good wins.

Here's his OOC and overall record:

2008 (4-1 OOC)
Eastern Washington, Nevada, Southern Methodist, UMASS, Mississippi. (Loss to Ole Miss in Cotton Bowl. 2 games vs 1-AA teams).

2007 (5-0 OOC)
Southern Methodist, UTEP, Rice, Northwestern State, Virginia. (Gator Bowl win vs UVA. 3 1-a opponents in non-conference had combined 8-27 record)

2006 (3-1)
Southern Methodist, UTEP, TCU, Southeast Louisiana, Minnesota (Beat a 6-7 Minnesota team in bowl game. Lost to TCU an 11 win team)

2005 (3-1)
Florida International, 2 1-AA teams, Alabama (Lost to Bama in bowl game)

2004 (3-1)
Southern Methodist, TCU, New Mexico, California (Lost to New Mexico. Beat Cal in Bowl game)

2003 (4-1)
Southern Methodist, New Mexico, NC St, Ole Miss, Navy (Beat Navy in bowl. Quality win over good Ole Miss team. Lost to NC St)

2002 (3-2)
Ohio St, Ole Miss, Southern Methodist, NC St, Clemson (Beat Clemson in bowl. Lost to tOSU and NC St)

2001 (3-1)
New Mexico, North Texas, 1-AA, Iowa (Lost to Iowa in bowl)

2000 (4-1)
New Mexico, Utah St, North Texas, LA-Lafayette, East Carolina (Lost to ECU in bowl)

32-9 overall out of conference.

7 of those being vs 1-AA teams.

2 of the wins over ranked opponents.

Conference Titles- 0
Biggest Bowl win- Holiday Bowl
BCS Bids- 0
Top 10 finishes- 1

Color me unimpressed.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

I'm not impressed either, but it's TEXAS TECH!!! Nobody else was able to inflate the record before him. That kid is and will always be a pussy.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

TheJON wrote:Color me unimpressed.
Outside of Texas, Oklahoma, or Nebraska, which other Big XII teams would turn down a run like Tech has been on since Leech got there?
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

TheJON wrote: His record is inflated. Go look up who he's beaten and you'll see the truth is he hasn't done very much. I will give him props for 2008. They actually had a couple quality wins. But outside of that, there were very few nice wins.
i wonder how ferentz's record would look if you gave it the dressing down you just gave leach's. i know:
Color me unimpressed.

otherwise, leech doesn't pull top talent because it's TEXAS TECH. ja, he should be able to recruit his own state, but he's recruiting players from texas, so he can't lie to them about what lubbock's really like.

as far as running his offense in a bcs conference, you're simply wrong. if he had just as good of players as the big boys he'd be running the score up on their asses as well. it has nothing to do with a 'physical' defense shutting that type of offense down and everything to do with better players, period.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Paul wrote:According to TT's head trainer, Adam James' story is just a flat out fucking lie: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4787194
fixed.

Trainers usually don't have to be told what to do with a player who has a concusson. I got a concussion during spring football once and what little I remember of it, the trainers took away my helmet (it was broken anyway) and walked me around a while. There were only a few practices left in spring ball and they weren't going to clear me to return to activity before it was over, so I had to dress in sweats and walk around the practice field- just like they wanted Adam James to do- only he thought he should just do what the fuck he felt like.

Doesn't mean Leach isn't an asshole. Name 3 major college coaches who aren't
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Cuda wrote:
Doesn't mean Leach isn't an asshole. Name 3 major college coaches who aren't
apparently, there's Danny Hawkins. the greatest, funkiest, most counter-intuitive cat that ever lived because somehow he thinks that losing games proves how awesome and "ahead of the curve" he is as a coach.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I didn't mean "coaches who don't realize they're assholes", I meant objectively. Hawkins is an asshole by any reasonable objective measure
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Cuda wrote:I didn't mean "coaches who don't realize they're assholes", I meant objectively. Hawkins is an asshole by any reasonable objective measure
self-awareness doesn't seem to be a strength for Coach Dan, no doubt. he still thinks his teams are great when they lose by 17 and the coaches are awesome.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Wouldn't hurt to try locking Hawk in a darkened equipment shed
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Mr T wrote:
Outside of Texas, Oklahoma, or Nebraska, which other Big XII teams would turn down a run like Tech has been on since Leech got there?
Pretty much sums it up with one sentence.

Have you ever been to Lubbock JON? Go there, then try to convince kids to go there instead of 119 other programs. I've been there once, would NEVER venture there again. The campus, the city, the whole area... dusty shit bucket. The ONLY good thing to come out of there was Buddy Holly.

BTW- Recent "rumors" have the Raider interested in Leach. Too fitting.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

PrimeX wrote:
Mr T wrote:
Pretty much sums it up with one sentence.

Have you ever been to Lubbock JON? Go there, then try to convince kids to go there instead of 119 other programs. I've been there once, would NEVER venture there again. The campus, the city, the whole area... dusty shit bucket. The ONLY good thing to come out of there was Buddy Holly.

BTW- Recent "rumors" have the Raider interested in Leach. Too fitting.
You can see Tucson standing on a soap box, shitty, sandy, nasty, dry county, town. The fact they could find two coaches in it's history to garner winning records for over five seasons is beyond belief.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

mvscal wrote:
PrimeX wrote:Have you ever been to Lubbock JON? Go there, then try to convince kids to go there instead of 119 other programs. I've been there once, would NEVER venture there again. The campus, the city, the whole area... dusty shit bucket.
No doubt. It almost sucks as bad as Iowa.

Fock that... Iowa at least has bars and beer.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

http://sportsbybrooks.com/sources-art-b ... oach-27566
Sources close to the Baylor Administration confirmed to me today that Bears Coach Art Briles will be hired as Texas Tech’s next football coach
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

PrimeX wrote:http://sportsbybrooks.com/sources-art-b ... oach-27566
Sources close to the Baylor Administration confirmed to me today that Bears Coach Art Briles will be hired as Texas Tech’s next football coach
Damn, Baylor was really "on the rise" under Briles as well. Both overall coaching and their ability to recruit vastly improved in his short tenure at Baylor. .

Griffen is a stud, if he could have stayed healthy Baylor would have been really dangerous, I think they would have been the bowl eligible team and not aTm if not for him going down and the game being in College Station. The true Frosh who came in behind Griffen wasn't terrible either but was just young, he improved as the season progressed. Finley and Gannaway would both be back next season with the Golden Bears and that Salubi kid looked like he might be something special some day and especially if he was allowed to progress while not being the focus right now. I know they were losing Gettis but Kendall Wright had already taken over his spot as the go to receiver by the middle of October.

Disappointing if this report is true.