It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Re: McCain "suspends" campaign

Post by Tom In VA »

Sirfindafold wrote:Image

:lol:
I've seen that hand signal before. A picture I took of Al Gore in 2000 with a special lens given to me by some ranting dude in a kilt.

His hand is in mid raise to give that EXACT signal.

Be afraid.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:And, as long as I am wishing for the impossible, I'll like a fully restored 1977 Burt Reynolds Edition Trans Am delivered to my doorstep tomorrow.
Really. That would be your choice of an automobile?
Look before you laugh.

http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/Ban3/tabid/74/Default.aspx
Yeah, it's got a ton of horsepower, but I'd still sooner have a '69 Yanko Camaro or a '63 split-window Covette, or even a '67 Chevelle SS just based on aesthetics.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:'67 Chevelle SS just based on aesthetics.
Not a Chevelle, but my first car in 1978 was a '67 Impala SS rust bucket that still ran like a scalded dawg.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Based on Bri's choice of wheels, I guess he agrees with Sarah that we can drill our way out of the oil shortage.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote: And, as long as I am wishing for the impossible, I'll like a fully restored 1977 Burt Reynolds Edition Trans Am delivered to my doorstep tomorrow.
Nothing says East Coast like this wish...Do you want Sally Field (same vintage) in it to....hell yeah...

Did all the East Coast dudes that drove these things with gold chains and coke spoons hanging around their necks..finally get educated and actually vote ?? And have an opinion...albeit all fucked up opinion....

There was a dude up here who had one of those and put into a guard rail at 110 miles per hour...him and his passenger were so coked up they walked away from it. It might have had 500 miles on it.

I will stick with the vintage Fords I have..72 Mustang - 71 F 100 - 72 F 250 4x4 428CJ....more parts around for those than those Trans Ams...

However if a '78 T Top Camero pops your clutch.. I saw a pretty good looking resto for sale about 5 miles down the road yesterday....

" Daddy was a veteran. a southern Democrat..you'll never get a rich man to vote like that. "
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
General Peters
All-American Kid

Post by General Peters »

Goober McTuber wrote:
I was just mocking McCain's efforts to weasal out of the debate, you gibbering fucktard.
it's called leadership, you cokk-sucking lib fuckface.

You want to talk about a pussy entitlement weasal, Onogga is the one who was absent from forty fukken Senate meetings.

he can't get a damn thing done.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

General Peters wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
I was just mocking McCain's efforts to weasal out of the debate, you gibbering fucktard.
it's called leadership...
Some leadership he provided. :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Derron wrote:
BSmack wrote: And, as long as I am wishing for the impossible, I'll like a fully restored 1977 Burt Reynolds Edition Trans Am delivered to my doorstep tomorrow.
Nothing says East Coast like this wish...Do you want Sally Field (same vintage) in it to....hell yeah...
It sure the fuck wouldn't hurt the overall package.
Did all the East Coast dudes that drove these things with gold chains and coke spoons hanging around their necks..finally get educated and actually vote ?? And have an opinion...albeit all fucked up opinion...

There was a dude up here who had one of those and put into a guard rail at 110 miles per hour...him and his passenger were so coked up they walked away from it. It might have had 500 miles on it.

I will stick with the vintage Fords I have..72 Mustang - 71 F 100 - 72 F 250 4x4 428CJ....more parts around for those than those Trans Ams...

However if a '78 T Top Camero pops your clutch.. I saw a pretty good looking resto for sale about 5 miles down the road yesterday....

" Daddy was a veteran. a southern Democrat..you'll never get a rich man to vote like that. "
Actually, if you want my all time favorite ride (in terms of looks) it would be a black 1969 Camaro. Something like this.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:He lead Republicans out of a trap and left Chimpy, Reid and Piglosi holding a bag of flaming dogshit.
The House GOP "revolt" was on before McCain even touched down at Dulles. He brought nothing to the table but irrelevance. Hell, he hadn't even bothered to read the Paulsen plan as of Tuesday. Can you say with any certainty that he's even remotely up to speed on the current version?
What leadership did O'Same provide?
The common sense not to meddle in affairs not in his present limit of authority and the wisdom to avoid making idiotic pronouncements on unfinished legislation.

McCain could learn a lot from Obama.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
That's a good little sheep. "It's all settled." Just go ahead and blow through a limitless amount of tax dollars 700 billion at a time with a closed door meeting between a handful of representatives and no public debate on the floor of the House and Senate..
Oh wait... there's no deal after all. Never was a deal.

Maybe the DemocRats should just steamroller the opposition and pass the goddam thing- they DO have the votes after all

... don't they?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Cuda wrote:
Oh wait... there's no deal after all. Never was a deal.

Maybe the DemocRats should just steamroller the opposition and pass the goddam thing- they DO have the votes after all

... don't they?
Well...seeing as how calls to the congressional switchboard are running 100 to 1 against the Paulson scam. The DemocRats know that ramming this steaming shitpile through without significant GOP support is going to mean electoral disaster for them (i.e. unemployment)

By all means, let Barney Fag & Harry Reid blame mC Loon & the GOP for torpedoing the deal that the public overwhelmingly opposes- all it means is that what eventually passes is going to be the GOP version.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Too bad you're full shit. Wishful thinking and buck passing hand wringing from a safe distance is a pretty piss poor campaign strategy and doesn't show any leadership at all.
They have these things called cell phones. Maybe you've heard of them? Do you seriously for even a second think that Obama hasn't been in constant communication with the House and Senate leadership?
When the party's nominee steps into the fight, his position must be taken seriously.
Unless his name is John McCain. In which case guys like Boehner tell him to STFU and get on the bandwagon.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

General Peters wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
it's called leadership, you cokk-sucking lib fuckface.
It’s called cowardice, you wet-brained pedophile.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Please. McCain showed up to try and regain some ground in his campaign...period. There was absolutely ZERO "good of the country" motivation, and up until the point that he tried to stall shit to attempt to give himself some political ground, he had the same amount of input into this bill as Obama...jack shit.

McCain isn't a member of the banking committee, or any finance committee and he, himself, admits to being clueless about the economy in the first place. This bill was a done deal before he showed up. He had hoped to show up before it was announced as a done deal and take credit for it. But he got fucked when they announced an agreement had been made, before he'd arrived in Washington. So he did the only option left to him, which is to try and throw a wrench in it, by getting others to oppose the bill.

His little plan backfired, and now he's going back on his word for the millionth time, by turning tail and showing up to the debate anyway, with the bill still being worked on through the weekend. He got his little bluff called and folded like a bitch. He's a coward and a dumbfuck.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

But wait. He's a former POW and a maverick.

At least I think I remember hearing that at some point.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

JayDouche wrote:
McCain isn't a member of the banking committee, or any finance committee
Neither is Harry Reid
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Cuda wrote:
JayDouche wrote:
McCain isn't a member of the banking committee, or any finance committee
Neither is Harry Reid
Yeah, no shit. What's your fucking point?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

JayDuck wrote:This bill was a done deal before he showed up.
Then why didn't the Democratic majority pass it ? What's stopping them ?
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Tom In VA wrote:
Please. McCain showed up to try and regain some ground in his campaign...period. There was absolutely ZERO "good of the country" motivation, and up until the point that he tried to stall shit to attempt to give himself some political ground, he had the same amount of input into this bill as Obama...jack shit.

McCain isn't a member of the banking committee, or any finance committee and he, himself, admits to being clueless about the economy in the first place. This bill was a done deal before he showed up. He had hoped to show up before it was announced as a done deal and take credit for it. But he got fucked when they announced an agreement had been made, before he'd arrived in Washington. So he did the only option left to him, which is to try and throw a wrench in it, by getting others to oppose the bill.
His little plan backfired, and now he's going back on his word for the millionth time, by turning tail and showing up to the debate anyway, with the bill still being worked on through the weekend. He got his little bluff called and folded like a bitch. He's a coward and a dumbfuck.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

JayDuck wrote:.... when they announced an agreement had been made, before he'd arrived in Washington. So he did the only option left to him, which is to try and throw a wrench in it, by getting others to oppose the bill.
Do you know what a majority means ? The house and senate had/have the votes necessary to pass the bill as "was".

So again. Why ... if the word "majority" is throwing you off I apologize .... would the Democrats who supported the bill and OUTNUMBER those who opposed it .... not call it for a vote and pass it ?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Tom In VA wrote:
1. There wasn't any fucking agreement.

2. The DemocRats could pass it, but it's so overwhelmingly unpopular with the general public, they'd get their asses thrown out of office in November if they passed it without significant GOP support and they know it.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Tom In VA wrote:
Do you know what a majority means ? The house and senate had/have the votes necessary to pass the bill as "was".

So again. Why ... if the word "majority" is throwing you off I apologize .... would the Democrats who supported the bill and OUTNUMBER those who opposed it .... not call it for a vote and pass it ?
The agreement was reached by enough it on both sides. Republicans in the house came out and said so, before McCain showed up.

McCain showed up to interject presidential politics into it, pure and simple. And that's what fucked it up. That's the fucking point. The democrats could have forced the bill though on their own, if they wanted to, anyway. Its true. They are choosing not to so as to (as mvscal put it "have fucking names attatched to it"). McCain wants to be seen as doing something with this. Since he missed the boat on being there for a bipartisan effort (which is what all the bullshit he was spewing all week had been about claiming he was going to do), the only option left to him was to get the republicans to oppose it. If the dems force it through without republican support, he can claim the bailout sucks and he led the charge against it.

The bailout does suck and, even if it works, people are going to be rightfully pissed. Its not going to be popular, which is why they want bipartisan support for it. Neither side wants to be blamed for taking 700 billion dollars and giving it to failed companies. Even though they can, they aren't going to pass it without both sides signing off on it, so that neither side can use it as a political wedge in the future.

McCain is trying to use it as a political wedge right now. Which is the whole reason it was a bad idea for him to try and show up in the first place. He was using it to gain political points, not because he had any input, or any clue, into the matter.

Its one of the most selfish and transparent stunts in the history of politics. And seriously, not even you believe it. You can't honestly believe this bullshit and still be smart enough to even use a computer, read, or write. If you can't see that you're the dumbest motherfucker on the planet.
Last edited by JayDuck on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Cuda wrote:2. The DemocRats could pass it, but it's so overwhelmingly unpopular with the general public
I don't buy it Cuda, for me to buy what you're saying I'd have to conclude the Democrats put their popularity higher than what they say is good for the country on the priority list.

I have a hard time believing Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Dodd, etc.. etc.. would do such a thing.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

JayDuck wrote:McCain is trying to use it as a political wedge right now.
That's how the game is played JayDuck and I see both sides playing it.

To include, the Democrats, who could have easily run whatever the fuck wanted through if they stood by the courage of their convictions and got it out of committee and on it's way to a vote.

Instead, they're countering and blaming the Republicans. But not necessarily McCain.

Furthermore, I think you jump to conclusions when you think McCain was brought into to disrupt. I've been reading some stuff wherein he was actually brought in to cajole Republicans. Many of the house Republicans aren't for this bill because they are representing the views of their constituency and ironically .....

Representing the views of many of the self professed Obama supporters on this board.

It's politics. Strange fucking bedfellows. :lol:

Oh and p.s.
JayDuck wrote:Its one of the most selfish and transparent stunts in the history of politics.
Here dude, breathe in and out and try to relax.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Meanwhile, CBS "News" hacks are embarrassed that Letterman scooped them on the Katie Couric interview.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09262008/tv ... 130739.htm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

So, seriously then. What do you think? Just fucking tell me you actually believe it.

tell me you believe that McCain went to Washinigton because he has the expertise in the financial arena to handle it. Tell me you believe he went there because its been his sweat and blood thats been pouring into the work on this bill. Tell me you believe he went there and doesn't care how it reflects on the presidential polls. Tell me you believe he would have acted the same if he was ahead in the polls, rather than having tanked his pole position spot.

Please, just tell me you that you believe this shit so I can dismiss you as a fucking retard and go about my business.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

JayDuck wrote:So, seriously then. What do you think? Just fucking tell me you actually believe it.

tell me you believe that McCain went to Washinigton because he has the expertise in the financial arena to handle it. Tell me you believe he went there because its been his sweat and blood thats been pouring into the work on this bill. Tell me you believe he went there and doesn't care how it reflects on the presidential polls. Tell me you believe he would have acted the same if he was ahead in the polls, rather than having tanked his pole position spot.

Please, just tell me you that you believe this shit so I can dismiss you as a fucking retard and go about my business.

Breathing in and out into the paper bag regulates your breathing, give it a shot first.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tom In VA wrote:
JayDuck wrote:So, seriously then. What do you think? Just fucking tell me you actually believe it.

Breathing in and out into the paper bag regulates your breathing, give it a shot first.
Try calling him “son” and tell him the adults are talking. That usually works pretty well.

Or try answering his question, Nancy.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Goober McTuber wrote: Or try answering his question, Nancy.
lol, you old codger you. Good one. You're an amusing old man thanks for posting here, always get a laugh man.

Yeah, seriously, I think I've explained my observations on the situation. Politics is the game here and both sides are doing what they think best to play that game. Politicians and leaders often engage in symbolic gestures in critical and historical times such as this. If he wasn't running for President he would have been there. McCain's actions were largely symbolic and he siezed the opportunity to display his ideas on what it takes to be a leader. I believe he did so out of his sense of duty and to showcase that to the country and his constituents in Arizona.

And of course, to go up Obama's ass in an attempt to take him to school. :winky: :winky:
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Tom In VA wrote:Then why didn't the Democratic majority pass it ? What's stopping them ?
60 votes in the Senate, for starters. And I'm not convinced a majority of Dems are buying the "done deal" since nobody seems to know the details. Not to mention it's Bush's plan.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Possibly....just possibly... the Dems wanted to make sure that there was bipartisan support for a bailout that was submitted by a Republican President and will affect the entire nation for years to come. They could have passed it with their House majority, but maybe they were trying to show some leadership.

No wait, only McCain does that, right Tom?

BTW, you might want to take your own advice about the paper bag.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

RadioFan wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Then why didn't the Democratic majority pass it ? What's stopping them ?
60 votes in the Senate, for starters. And I'm not convinced a majority of Dems are buying the "done deal" since nobody seems to know the details. Not to mention it's Bush's plan.

Everyone is cautious, as they should be, Pelosi wants a bi-partisan deal so the blame can be disbursed. The "What's stopping them" question comes from the notion the Republicans being the only one's stalling and objecting. If Pelosi has her house in order, they can march forward.

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/arc ... _meeti.php

Good article on what went on last night and yesterday.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
RadioFan wrote:60 votes in the Senate, for starters.
They don't 60 votes, you tard. You think Chimpy is going to veto his own plan?
60 votes is what it takes to invoke cloture you tard. A veto takes 67 votes to override.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mikey wrote:They could have passed it with their House majority, but maybe they were trying to show some leadership.

Leadership would be doing what is right and not concerned with being "popular". They don't appear to believe their own "solution" enough to vote on it and exploit the fact they have a majority ? That's not leadership. Leadership is taking a decision.

Nobody said McCain is the only one that does that. However, he is well known, throughout his career as being a "bridge" between aisles. This time he was brought into get Republicans on board and they weren't buying it. It worked with McCain/Feingold and it worked with Ted Kennedy's health care thing, but this is a bit more severe.

Why ? I'm having fun and being civil.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Tom In VA wrote:
Mikey wrote:They could have passed it with their House majority, but maybe they were trying to show some leadership.

Leadership would be doing what is right and not concerned with being "popular". They don't appear to believe their own "solution" enough to vote on it and exploit the fact they have a majority ? That's not leadership. Leadership is taking a decision.
Leadership is jamming a decision down everybody's throats? Exploiting the fact that they have a majority? Listen to yourself Tom...maybe to you it is.

There's something to be said as well for coming to a compromise that everybody can buy into, or at least giving the minority a chance to have their input. I know that it rarely (actually...never) happened when the Republicans were in charge but that doesn't mean that it can't be done.

I thought McCain was all about bipartisanship? Maybe the Democrat leadership is actually walking the walk here.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote:Leadership is jamming a decision down everybody's throats?
That is precisely what leadership is.
No, it's not. Maybe for a dumbfuck ex grunt like you who never learned to think for himself it is, but believe me it's not.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mikey wrote:
Leadership is jamming a decision down everybody's throats? Exploiting the fact that they have a majority? Listen to yourself Tom...maybe to you it is.

There's something to be said as well for coming to a compromise that everybody can buy into, or at least giving the minority a chance to have their input. I know that it rarely (actually...never) happened when the Republicans were in charge but that doesn't mean that it can't be done.

I thought McCain was all about bipartisanship? Maybe the Democrat leadership is actually walking the walk here.
Good one Mikey.

1. Didn't say "leadership is jamming a decision down everybody's throat". Nope, didn't even imply it. Leadership does sometimes involve taking an unpopular position and decision.

2. Okay, so no party take advantage of their majority status. Okay. No, the Republicans are the only ones that do. Right. Gotcha. What's that ? Tooth Fairy is real ? Okay, if you say so. Sure guy. No problem.

3. McCain's career has been based on bipartisanship. The only problem is, this time it didn't involve selling out to Democrats, he actually had to convince Republicans he's already alienated in the past .... by being too bipartisan. So they walked.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Tom In VA wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Good one Mikey.

1. Didn't say "leadership is jamming a decision down everybody's throat". Nope, didn't even imply it. Leadership does sometimes involve taking an unpopular position and decision.
You sure did.
2. Okay, so no party take advantage of their majority status. Okay. No, the Republicans are the only ones that do. Right. Gotcha. What's that ? Tooth Fairy is real ? Okay, if you say so. Sure guy. No problem.
I didn't say that no party ever should take advantage of their majority status. Maybe in some (read this) case it would be a good idea to try for some kind of bipartisanship. Like I said, it rarely if ever happened in the Repbulican Congress.
3. McCain's career has been based on bipartisanship. The only problem is, this time it didn't involve selling out to Democrats, he actually had to convince Republicans he's already alienated in the past .... by being too bipartisan. So they walked.
And you're asking me if the tooth fairy is real? McCain's career has been based solely on self-advancement and self-interest.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
60 votes is what it takes to invoke cloture you tard. A veto takes 67 votes to override.
Who is filibustering?
Obviously no one, since there isn't even a fucking bill on the floor. Without at least some consensus, any measure is DOA.

Sin,

MA

Congressional analyst.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mikey wrote: You sure did.
Umm, no I didn't Mikey. You're an honest man, usually, I know you meant to say "I interpret it that way". Which is fine and an answer more in line with the integrity I trust you possess. Besides, it's in plain text right here. Unpopular decisions made by those in leadership positions can be perceived in a variety of ways. The words you choose reveal only your opinion and perception of that. I've served under leaders who made unpopular decisions and I've perceived those decisions as "jamming something down the throats of labor" and as "necessary policy". I haven't always liked it, rarely do, but understand why the decisions were taken.

I know a man of your standing and capacity understands this so I'll just chalk it up to, you like the "debate" process we're having.

So do I man. :D Good show. Enjoy the debate tonight. I'll catch up with it by watching "The Daily Show".