There's something happening here..

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Re: There's something happening here..

Post by OCmike »

mvscal wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Ok, seriously stupid questions here. Look at that map and tell me how wide the Straight of Hormuz is at the narrowest point. 50 miles at most? Maybe less?
About 20 miles at it's narrowest point. The shipping channels in both directions are very clearly defined.

If you have to shoot...shoot. Don't talk.

--Tuco

First off, RACK Tuco!

Second, you know how you know you've gone through the Straights of Hormuz? The water temperature goes from the 65 degrees or so in the Indian Ocean to 90+ in the Persian Gulf. WTF?! How the hell does a body of water that size get to over 90 fucking degrees?

This isn't some wild ass guess at the water temp, either. As a former holder of the coveted job of engineroom lowerlevel dude, one of my jobs was to record the inlet saltwater temp on the main engine steam condenser. 90 fucking degrees in a body of water the size of one of the Great Lakes...

No wonder they're all killing each other with rocks and sticks.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OCmike wrote:This isn't some wild ass guess at the water temp, either. As a former holder of the coveted job of engineroom lowerlevel dude, one of my jobs was to record the inlet saltwater temp on the main engine steam condenser.
Ah, see, but you were only logging temps in the channels. My bud who made a few trips to Kuwait seemed to think it got even warmer in the shallows near shore.

Swimming becomes out of the question -- but he also said that there appeared to be some sort of critters in the water that liked to dine on human flesh.

Nice place.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yeah, I'll bet your buddys "Seemedtothinkomometer" is far superior and more accurate than any measuring device the Navy has.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

You... not very smart.

Uhm... I was providing an account, albeit secondhand, reinforcing what OCMike said.

But with your unbridled retardation, I can see where you'd miss that.

Fucking moron.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

analogy - :lol: :lol:

That was a clever pun!

Was that your intention?

I will have to give you some credit, if it was.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

R-Jack needs to change his nic to NOT-Jack.
MadRussian
Poop is Funny!!!

Post by MadRussian »

Rack mvscal in this thread, fucker made me laugh beeg time.
Jack, you are a fucking dumbassed, ignorant FOOL
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
P.J. O'Rourke.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

mvscal wrote:
Jack wrote:Was that your intention?
That's probably why he italicized it, you fucking dolt.
Does someone piss in your cornflakes every day?

I don't think I have ever met anyone as unpleasant as you.

Lighten up, FRANCIS!!
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Jack wrote:Does someone piss in your cornflakes every day?

Lighten up, FRANCIS!!
I'm sure he won't.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jack wrote: I don't think I have ever met anyone as unpleasant as you.
pssst.... hey Jack, there's a good reason for that. Because you've never actually met him.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

mvscal wrote:
Jack wrote:Does someone piss in your cornflakes every day?

Lighten up, FRANCIS!!
What can I say? Retarded dumbfucks piss me off.
mvscal hates stupid fucktwats, period. I do believe that he assumes everybody he comes across on these boards is a stupid fucktwat, though. There are some of us who may prove him wrong, and well, then there is you.
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

mvscal,

You couldn't or wouldn't answer the questions and you have been continually wrong or misinformed throughout this thread.

1)
In order for history to repeat itself, somebody would have to be claiming that the Iranian boats attacked our ships. How fucking hard is that to figure out?
or claiming to attack our boats.. You were wrong here!

2)
There are no similarities or possibilities. This incident is not being used as a justification for military action against Iran nor was there any attack in this incident either real or alleged ergo there is no similarity.
Wrong Again!

3)
There are no similarities or possibilities. This incident is not being used as a justification for military action against Iran nor was there any attack in this incident either real or alleged ergo there is no similarity.
- There was threat of attack and the US did fire upon the enemy! Wrong again!

4) inability to reply to each line. WRONG on 5 counts!
*1) Both incidents are in Gulfs! Gulf of Tonkin.. Persian Gulf
Do you believe that the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Tonkin are both Gulfs?
Yes or No

*2) Both incidents involved US Ships versus a hostile enemies' boats.
Do you believe that both incidents involved US Ships and enemy boats?
Yes or No

*3) The Pentagon in both incidents allege hostile actions by the enemies' boats.
Do you believe that in both incidents that the Pentagon is alleging hostile actions by the enemies boats?
Yes or No

*4) The Pentagon considered both incidents "serious".
Do you believe that in both incidents that the Pentagon considered the incidents as "serious"?
Yes or No

*5) Both Incidents can be considered justification for war. The Gulf of Tonkin incident is considered to be the justification for war against North Viet Nam. If there is any stated hostile actions from Iranian boats upon US Navy Ships... that would be our justification for going to war with IRAQ.
Do you believe that the Gulf of Tonkin is considered the justification for the Viet Nam war?
Yes or No

Do you believe that if Iran's boats attacked US Ships it would be considered justification for war with Iran?
Yes or No

5)
A. NOBODY is alleging that our ships were actually attacked.

B. NOBODY is attempting to use this incident to justify the use of force against Iran.

C. EVERYBODY thinks you're a fucking tard.
a)It depends on how you define attack, dropping items in the ocean and broadcasting that "You will explode", is in my opnion an attack or at least a threat of attack!

b) Read the newspapaers and internet articles. WRONG!

c) Not EVERYBODY thinks I am a fucking tard. but most tards do! So, you are wrong again!

6)
Outstanding. You've just topped Jack for dumb motherfucker of the day.

No risks at all associated with Iran blockading the Straights of Hormuz, sponsoring Islamist terrorism or developing nuclear weapons. Nope it's all just a figment of some unscrupulous war profiteer's imagination.
Take 1 side of this argument. not both sides.

7)

US Navy fired warning at Iranian craft

My initial point, which you disagreed with and all you could do is smack without the intelligence to back, was that this incident in the Gulf is similar to the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

The United States have lodged a formal diplomatic protest with Iran over an incident Sunday in which Iranian speedboats harassed U.S. warships in the Persian Gulf. Adm. William J. Fallon, the top U.S. military commander in the Mideast, said Friday that Iran runs the risk of triggering an unintended conflict if its boats continue to harass U.S. warships in the strait.

I still stand by that point and I do not see how you can't see the similarities. To me, you lack intelligence if you cannot see the similarites.

msnbc article

FoxNews article- Bush Condemns Iranian Threat to World Security
"Iran's actions threaten the security of nations everywhere," Bush said. "So the United States is strengthening our long-standing security commitments with our friends in the Gulf, and rallying friends around the world to confront this danger before it is too late."

Earlier Sunday in Bahrain, U.S. Vice Adm. Kevin Cosgriff, commander of the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet, which patrols the Gulf, told Bush that he took it "deadly seriously" when an Iranian fleet of high-speed boats on January 6 charged at and threatened to blow up a three-ship U.S. Navy convoy passing near Iranian waters