2016 Election Day Thread

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Re: 2016 Election Day Thread

Post by Bucmonkey »

Dr_Phibes wrote:I don't believe it. You guys are the coolest country ever. :popcorn:

You may be changing that tune soon.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 06106.html
Go Bucs, Gators
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dr feelgood has his work cut out for him this moring, that's for damn sure.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I heard Rudy is down at Comey's office measuring the drapes.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Carson wrote:I have a couch available to the highest bidder.

Welkom!
Disregard.

...and great find, Sam. 8)
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

The party of minorities is now the minority party. :lol:
Last edited by Rooster on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

smackaholic wrote:Well, fukksticks, looks like crazy uncle Donald is gonna be driving the bus.

I recommend you bring your seats to the full upright position and tighten your seatbelt. It's prolly gonna get a little bumpy.
RACK the democratic process. I guess this is proof any old mongoloid really can become president. Well, as long as said mongoloid is rich. And famous.

I think Hillary's "bad behavior" Trump ads in the battle ground rust belt states backfired on her. Midwesterners identify with impudence. Hell, even I laughed at the "they can all go fuck themselves" line every time it came on.

Now we'll see if Trump really can "shake up Washington," or if it was all just a bunch of gas bagging. I suspect once he settles in, he'll be just another politician. One thing's for sure, with control of the presidency, house, and senate, the republitards won't have any excuses for not making America "great again."

The main upside here, of course, is the four years of unintentional comedy. It's gonna be glorious.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Trump was right. It's rigged.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The main upside here, of course, is the four years of unintentional comedy. It's gonna be glorious.
Alec Baldwin must be thinking the same thing.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:I heard Rudy is down at Comey's office measuring the drapes.
Are you kidding? Comey's not going anywhere. Rudy's measuring the drapes in Lynch's office.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Congratulations, suckers, you've elected PT Barnum as President.

I actually don't feel too bad about this. As a middle (OK late middle) age white guy I should be getting lots of cool stuff in the next four years.

A few things I'm really looking forward to seeing on January 20:

- Hillary in jail
- Beautiful new wall
- My shiny new high paying job - I'll be making so much money I won't want that much money
- Crooked Liberal Press shut down for good
- Nasty women being sued for Libel
- A final end to ripping live babies into little pieces
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Mikey wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I heard Rudy is down at Comey's office measuring the drapes.
Are you kidding? Comey's not going anywhere. Rudy's measuring the drapes in Lynch's office.
Christie is ordering furniture for his SecTransportation office.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Let the meltage begin!

:popcorn:
See above Mikey post.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
I'm not hardly crying, tubster. I am amazed that poll numbers could be so far off. No more than a week ago Hillary had a 6-point lead in God's Country.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
I'm not hardly crying, tubster. I am amazed that poll numbers could be so far off. No more than a week ago Hillary had a 6-point lead in God's Country.
It makes sense now. College educated men didn't want to admit they were voting for Trump. The swing in the polls leading up to last night was something like 25% in favor of Trump.

And the rural showing was out of this world. You can thank the left media for that turnout after the years of Christian bashing, gun control talk, and race baiting headlines. It all backfired and now Donald Trump is president. Just crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Goober McTuber wrote:I am amazed that poll numbers could be so far off. No more than a week ago Hillary had a 6-point lead in God's Country.
Hillary has been hiding so much from the American voter, is it that incredible that the same application worked in reverse?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Go Coogs' wrote: It makes sense now. College educated men didn't want to admit they were voting for Trump.
They were just staying mum due to the extreme bullying from the deeply-entrenched interests.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
This doesn't get old.

Great job my friend. :grin:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Just for Fatspray. I know he'll enjoy this. :mrgreen:
Local bleeding heart liberal columnist wrote:For a year or more, we’ve been reminded about all the angry white people out there, men mostly. These were guys who lacked education and felt deeply aggrieved because they saw themselves as ignored by elected leaders and victims of the global economy.

More than that, they were told for years through clever Republican messaging that their “traditional” way of life, such as their Second Amendment right to firearms, was under attack.

But this has been going on much longer than just Donald Trump’s campaign.

It has been simmering within Wisconsin for years, which Kathy Cramer, a University of Wisconsin-Madison political scientist, discovered. She described the so-called politics of resentment and used the phrase as a book title after wandering the hinterlands of Wisconsin, talking mostly to white guys in restaurants and gas stations, men who somehow felt perpetually angry and persecuted.

As Trump did on Tuesday, Scott Walker tapped into that anger, in Walker’s case to win three elections for Wisconsin governor by specifically demonizing public educators and more generally the educated elite and non-white residents of the state.

Trump, eschewing Walker’s subtlety, demonized and ridiculed virtually everyone who was not a white male. That clearly worked far better than anyone could have imagined.

Now, I guess, it is our turn. It is time for people who occupy the educated political left and center in this country to be angry … and afraid.

Oh, in coming days, we will probably hear from the chorus of thought leaders saying that now more than ever we need to move beyond the hyper-partisanship that has been so awful in recent years.

We need to better understand these low-education white Trump voters and start to better position Democratic candidates to speak to their issues and concerns.

Speak to what?

Speak to their racism, their sexism or their selfishness? You tell me.

What just happened is simply a victory for those who want back into a 1960 America, an America I recall as a young child as a place where African-Americans and Latinos — and women for that matter — knew their place.

White men, even those without educations, were in charge and there were few distractions around topics such as civil rights and feminism.

You know, when America was great.

Far from the post-racial America so many of us had hoped Barack Obama would shepherd in, the past eight years have apparently been profoundly, relentlessly upsetting to much of white, non-urban America.

This intellectual black dude with the exotic name was a lifetime hero for people of color — as well as many others of us — but he apparently represented a political malignancy to others. I recall a New York Times map of how Obama struggled in the south versus a previous Democratic candidate, John Kerry. Obama’s race, not his ideology, was the sole plausible explanation.

This has happened even though Obama has governed effectively as a center-left pragmatist who has been exceedingly careful with military action, certainly compared to the irresponsible cowboy George W. Bush.

And yet, many who elected Trump Tuesday would talk about how Obama is weak or untrustworthy. An important but unstated variable was that he was born black.

Seething as they have been, they were able to take that pent-up racial/gender animus out on Hillary Clinton, who had the disadvantage of running for the White House while female.

It really wasn’t the emails or the Clinton Foundation. It didn’t matter how much of her life she had spent working for children and families. I believe there is a large segment of white, working-class voters who are simply against blacks and women who seek positions of power, whether they tell pollsters or not.

What so amazes me about this white, non-urban, low-education voter is that he or she —mostly he — has long complained about how African-Americans have failed compared with other ethnic groups to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

If that is the case, why haven’t these presumably under-employed white guys modeled that up-by-the-bootstraps behavior themselves instead of always griping and blaming government?

You can imagine how it bothers them when a woman becomes the family doctor or lawyer, or if their child’s teacher has decent health benefits. It must make them feel less masculine, less in charge. Suddenly, Donald Trump’s outlandish promises sound plausible.

One irony is that Obama has been criticized as being too careful about using our military and shedding American blood abroad. Now you will have an unhinged president who may well shed plenty. And those sacrifices would most likely disproportionately fall on the rural households that have just backed Trump.

In sum, please don’t come to me and say, in order to move ahead, we have to listen to egocentric, racist and misogynistic white men who formed the most-motivated core of Trump’s support.

Spare me.

Now, about fear. Trump is genuinely scary. Even traditional mainstream Republicans could see that as global markets initially plummeted after the election amid fear of an unstable and undependable superpower. Again ironically, some of those Republicans actually financed the negative political advertising that helped create the Trump campaign brand and may have hurt themselves financially.

I wonder if some of these educated conservatives now regret being part of a 40-year crusade to exploit for political gain our racial, gender and other social divides, appealing to the darkest, most sinister self-interests of white voters.

That is precisely what they did, so now we will sit back and watch the unfolding instability of the economy and international affairs.

There’s no mincing words here: This election result is the darkest of my lifetime. The one bright spot in an otherwise dark period is that Madison remains a distinctive place, a city with social challenges but filled with educated, caring, giving and thoughtful people who form a truly positive community. We can continue to have our community operate in that bubble, I suppose.

During his hellish campaign, Trump asked African-Americans what they “had to lose” if he were elected.

Blacks — and the rest of us — are about to find out.

Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Melt on McGoober

:lol: x 270
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, this stupid bitch blames Wisconsin going to Trump on "racism"?

The same Wisconsin that went to Obama... twice?

It doesn't occur to her that it was a referendum against her and her ilk, who demonize everyone who doesn't acquiesce to her superiority as an "academic" (a person whose income is completely dependent on "producers"), and their default demonization of every white male in the country?

She's a fucking moron.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sirfindafold wrote:Melt on McGoober

:lol: x 270
In case you hadn't figured it out, slappy, I found that column quite entertaining. Much like your incessant stupidity. Drool on, Sirgulpaload.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:So, this stupid bitch blames Wisconsin going to Trump on "racism"?

The same Wisconsin that went to Obama... twice?

It doesn't occur to her that it was a referendum against her and her ilk, who demonize everyone who doesn't acquiesce to her superiority as an "academic" (a person whose income is completely dependent on "producers"), and their default demonization of every white male in the country?

She's a fucking moron.
Glad you enjoyed it. BTW, the author is a "he". Allegedly.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I stand corrected. Change me "she" pronouns to "he."

But stet the "bitch" references.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dinsdale wrote:...it was a referendum against her and her ilk...
I'm glad I was wrong on this.

The establishment nomenklatura should commence with the packing of suitcases and the shitting of pants.
Well done, America. You finally said "enough is enough".

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

That columnist completely misses the mark, but his/her/its thought process is a big reason why Hilary lost.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

angry white people out there, men mostly. These were guys who lacked education and felt deeply aggrieved because they saw themselves as ignored
That's huge disdain for what's otherwise known as the working class. Small wonder that crowd got throttled.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Left Seater wrote:That columnist completely misses the mark, but his/her/its thought process is a big reason why Hilary lost.
Goober McTuber wrote:...these low-education white Trump voters...
...their racism, their sexism or their selfishness...
...white, non-urban, low-education voter...

Abso-fukken-lutely.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Okay fellas...

The Peace Bridge...Niagara Fall USA...10:45PM...TONIGHT.
Pack lightly, I need to get as many of you in the van as possible.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Who wants to ride shotgun? Seat's open.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
Left Seater wrote:That columnist completely misses the mark, but his/her/its thought process is a big reason why Hilary lost.
Goober McTuber wrote:...these low-education white Trump voters...
...their racism, their sexism or their selfishness...
...white, non-urban, low-education voter...
I'd just like to point out that I didn't write that. Paul Fanlund did. I thought it was hilarious, albeit a tad offensive and totally arrogant.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Carson wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Let the meltage begin!

:popcorn:
See above Mikey post.
So any comment that doesn't outwardly worship the President Elect, even if tongue in cheek, counts as "meltage?"
Whatever.

By your account most conservatives have been melting for eight years.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Who wants to ride shotgun? Seat's open.
If you're gonna roll in the Falls on the US side, after dark, you better have a shotgun and more. That place is a fukkin' warzone. Quite possibly the most deoressing small city I have ever been to.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Bucmonkey wrote:
Dr_Phibes wrote:I don't believe it. You guys are the coolest country ever. :popcorn:

You may be changing that tune soon.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 06106.html
That fear's been allayed by the foreign minister. Anyone of means will be allowed in, hystericals aren't. Established people just don't pick up and move to Canada. Talk radios having a field day with strange people raving about leaving for here.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dr_Phibes wrote:That fear's been allayed by the foreign minister. Anyone of means will be allowed in, hystericals aren't. Established people just don't pick up and move to Canada. Talk radios having a field day with strange people raving about leaving for here.
You still have the provision that if you invest a certain amount in Canada that you get in?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

It's selective and I don't agree with it, but immigration's managed to figure out a genuine case of hardship being different than something else.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

The irony in watching these protests on TV is the idea of a group of people exercising their democratic right to protest our single most powerful form of democracy. Ponderous.

88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Go Coogs' wrote:The irony in watching these protests on TV is the idea of a group of people exercising their democratic right to protest our single most powerful form of democracy. Ponderous.

Duuude... I live in quite possibly the bluest metro area in the country. And the Snowflakes are shutting the city down. My buddy just spent an extra hour on his long commute... you know, one of the "Producers" that subsidize their college "education." They shut down the interstate.

Fucking madhouse.

And I'm with ----> you. Protesting an uncontested democratic election? Not sure what they want in its stead. I guess they don't realize that the conuty they're in probably went at least 85% Clinton... not sure who they're protesting (although this town has unfortunately has become the DESTINATION for the SJWs)... kind of preaching to the choir.

Clinton voter? That's what that means in these parts.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Mikey wrote:By your account most conservatives have been melting for eight years.
Yes, and for good reason.

Moderates, too.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote:The irony in watching these protests on TV is the idea of a group of people exercising their democratic right to protest our single most powerful form of democracy. Ponderous.

Duuude... I live in quite possibly the bluest metro area in the country. And the Snowflakes are shutting the city down. My buddy just spent an extra hour on his long commute... you know, one of the "Producers" that subsidize their college "education." They shut down the interstate.

Fucking madhouse.

And I'm with ----> you. Protesting an uncontested democratic election? Not sure what they want in its stead. I guess they don't realize that the conuty they're in probably went at least 85% Clinton... not sure who they're protesting (although this town has unfortunately has become the DESTINATION for the SJWs)... kind of preaching to the choir.

Clinton voter? That's what that means in these parts.
Why would anyone be surprised by the tantrums the snowflakes are throwing? As for thinking they give a fukk about the concept of democracy, since when have communists ever given a fukk about democracy?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Okay fellas...

The Peace Bridge...Niagara Fall USA...10:45PM...TONIGHT.
Pack lightly, I need to get as many of you in the van as possible.
Shlomo, wtf bro??? I showed up last night only to find some scraggly old Jew sitting in a rusted out Aero Star who said his name was "Uncle Herschel." He demanded cash up front. I said that wasn't part of the deal and he peeled out like a bat out of hell!

Then I spotted his cohort...

I demand answers!