Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Game Day: Week 4

Post by Mikey »

Nice win by CU BTW.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It was a dual effort -- Mac and Montez won the game, and the moronic in-house hire of Lubick (complete fucking moron) gave them a huge assist.

By that, I'm not trying to denigrate CU in any way -- they were well coached, and their guys stepped up. But there was a large talent discrepancy, and Joke and Lummox didn't take advantage.

Time for a new AD.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The wheels look like they're common off the Cardinal wagon here. That they're only down by seven at this point is maybe the only good sign.

Burns is definitely no Kevin Hogan.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Be honest, Dins. After getting your heart broken by both in back-to-back weeks, who is a better team all around? Colorado or Nebraska?
"Keys, woman!"
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Can't believe Shaw punted on 4th and a foot. Fucking pussy.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Be honest, Dins. After getting your heart broken by both in back-to-back weeks, who is a better team all around? Colorado or Nebraska?
First, that was the first back to back losses in 9 years... which is kinda impressive.

As to your question... I'm not sure. CU was better at working the edges on offense, for sure. As far as the middle, I don't know, since Joke doesn't believe in defending it.

I think that NU was a little better on D, but Oregon was a little sharper on O in that game. My team is regressing as the season goes on... WTF?

But to directly address... in a NU/CU game (and I realize your interest, based on history), I'm not sure. I think there was a slight edge for NU in talent, and a slight edge in execution for CU.

Flip a coin.

CU is playing quite well, much to the surprise of... everyone. A legit team, for the first time in forever.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And another casual observation -- the PAC sucks as badly as every other P5 conference. CFB somehow got watered down this season. Rack Bama for being the least watered down.

Bama seems to suck by their standards, but even with a bunch of neophytes, they still appear to be the best team. What a blah season so far.

Go Wisky.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK Shaw. You're forgiven.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I think Shaw's poise trickles down to his players.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yep. Pretty much lost mine.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Hard loss to take for UCLA. They played tough the entire game.
Props to Solomon Thomas for covering the spread.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote: the moronic in-house hire
you mean Helfrich, right? :P i'm with Mike on him....he wasn't good on Hawkins' staff at CU. had Cody H rolling one way and throwing back all the way across the field.

as i recall i was banging on Helfrich before the season started. ok, Dins, you've done the championship game line before.....Larry Coker actually won the MNC at Miami, too.

there were reasons to stay in house...sure, recruiting, Chip is your winning football tradition basically. really, Helfrich wasn't ready. no doubt he's a young offensive mind or he wouldn't be where he is (i guess)....but he's in over his head right now. he continues to display a lot of what that first Hawkins staff at CU showed.....they think they are going to outsmart everyone and re-invent the wheel (like not kicking PAT's....Hawk experimented with that, too, to the same effect as UO-NU). screw all that blocking and tackling stuff...

both teams banged up at key positions....but great win for CU and MacIntyre. they could have folded after the PI call on 3rd and 17....but, been a long long while since CU won a big game with a play on D....on the road.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

What a way for LSU to lose.

JSC please check in.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.